Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Veganmav eats his food out of the trash: discuss (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=173068)

microbet 07-28-2006 08:23 PM

Re: Veganmav eats his food out of the trash: discuss

I've got two suggesstions.

1. Buy a farm and grow your own food instead of taking it from the trash. Your footprint will be larger but you can always cancel that out by buying a new car for someone with an old polluter or buying a solar power system for someone. It will cost more, but you won't be eatin out of the trash. edit: I guess you're not thinking about just pollution and energy, but I'm sure you can think of something to cancel out whatever bothers you.

2. Open a fancy restaurant where all the food comes from trash.

Of course maybe you're just joking about all of this.

SomethingClever 07-28-2006 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Open a fancy restaurant where all the food comes from trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could actually see this idea being a gold mine in NY.

El Diablo 07-28-2006 08:27 PM

vegan,

You don't have actual biological brothers of yours that are starving, do you?

Evan 07-28-2006 08:40 PM

People that think I'm a horrible human,

What's up with that?

kidcolin 07-28-2006 08:42 PM

I never said you were horrible, nor do I think that. Most your OOT posts are solid and/or amusing. I just thought you came off like a real ass here.

Evan 07-28-2006 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok so u have good money. u feel bad for the world. so u sit on that money and not give it to ur 'brothers'?

i feel bad for u

[/ QUOTE ]

as I said above, I am already giving a lot of my money away, to my family and friends in Mexico. I am also trying to make the +EV play of keeping a bankroll so i can move up stakes so I can help more people, while at the same time satisfying my conscience by giving what I can for now. FWIW I have probably given over 20% of my poker winnings to others and spent less than 5% on myself, and saved almost all the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, yea you are really preventing suffering by hording dollars instead of feeding your brothers. What a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded and illiterate??

Does your general attitude towards those that are many times over a better person then you have anything to do with the fact that you are no longer a mod? Wouldnt suprise me in the least.

Get a [censored] life.

[/ QUOTE ]
mntbikr15, you have hit the nail on its proverbial head. I am so distrought over voluntarily quitting as a mod that I felt the need to lash out on people that eat garbage?

Are you serious? Don't get all upset because I disagreed with this guy. Even he was okay with it.

I am not illiterate. I am also not retarded. Do you really think I am? Why did you ask? You're acting like a bigger fool tahn veganmav.

Evan 07-28-2006 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said you were horrible, nor do I think that. Most your OOT posts are solid and/or amusing. I just thought you came off like a real ass here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I disagreed with someone that eats out of the trash as an effective way to help people and obviously has no understanding of the basic economics that he seems to be basig most of his life on? If you think that makes me an ass then I'll do you the favor of telling you you don't like me much.

gemmer 07-28-2006 08:49 PM

Great thread. At first I thought wtf is this guy doing, but after you explained yourself a bit better I grew respect for you. Allthough I still think dumpster eating is weird [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Living by your ideals takes courage.

GL with your plans.

Kyle 07-28-2006 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
side note to all these posts.

I grew up the poorest of the poor.
When we ate out of the trash because we had to.
one time when I was 13, and not quite so poor but still poor, my uncle in mexico came to me crying, asking me if i could give him 20 thousand pesos (i think)(which was like 6 dollars at the time i think) so that He could have food for the week. I knew he didnt have enough money to eat regularly, and I obviously gave him what I had.

It's things like those that haunt me someitmes.
When I win 10k playing poker, I am sad that I live in such a world where lots of us make so much money playing poker, and waste it on other things like fancy cars, or neclaces, or watches, when our brothers and sisters don't have enough food to eat, just to stay alive.

I don't think that I could buy any of the stuff in this thread where people brag about their luxuries. I think that I couldn't live with myself if I bought some of those thngs. Yes it is nice to have stuff, and we shouldn't short ourselves. I still have a car, a place to stay, I play soccer, and I bought soccer shoes, I sometimes buy some small luxuries like vegan ice cream, or a good book, but as long as others are still dying because they dont even have enough food to eat, I think that we should limit our luxuries.

That is the kinda the point of me responding to all these posts, and being vegan, and eating out of trash, and talking about this.

It's just, let's please not waste so much, let's please not spend so much, let's try to limit our luxuries, and if you aren't willing to do these things, can you at least not make fun of someone who is trying their best to do these things?
thanks.

i am not gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any health concerns when eating out of trash cans?

Did you just "take up" freegansim or did it just come about naturally based on your experiences? Also at what time in your life did you quit eating meat?\

This is one of the more interesting threads I have read on 2+2 in awhile.

jbrent33 07-28-2006 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when on a first date, do you let the lady have first pick?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have been there more than once, and no. we do fair, 50/50

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah Woah Woah.....FIRST date...and you do this?

How do you begin to bring this up.

"And now for a meal we have a lovely....dumpster"

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
if you think about it
my first date with a girl is likely to be with someone who is also into this kind of thing. i have done it twice

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you typically use the girl's armpit hair to floss after your garbage meal?