Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347301)

LuckayLuck 03-05-2007 05:16 PM

Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay:

As I understand it, the wolves know who Theoden is. Let's pretend I am Theoden for instance and you are a wolf. Then you tell the village in your strategy post that Gandalf should peek from Neil to Zurvan and STICK TO IT!

I tip my hat to you if you're this publicly wrong as a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true and would be amazingly diabolical
I actually only quoted from stephen, but if he was a wolf, he could have done this

that's interesting...

dmk 03-05-2007 05:17 PM

FOR ANYONE WHO OBVIOUSLY DIDNT READ THE RULES - IE LUCKAY

aragorn can not protect Sam or Frodo

carry on

Stephen H 03-05-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a newbie at this but why would the seers want to follow a set list of names that someone, who could be a wolf, tells them to. I can see using it for the first 2-3 nights to not overlap, but after that they will have to go with their reads and investigate people that trigger their wolf radar.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the same people tend to trip wolf radar for both seers and then we get a fair bit of peek duplication. The concept is usually fine, but in this case, I can see how with one seer looking for one specific role it's problematic.
Honestly, I'm for seer splits, but I'm not willing to fight for it this game.

durron597 03-05-2007 05:17 PM

by the way

xoom has not voted for a wolf since he started posting on pog. fyi for all the morans out there

Kumubou 03-05-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my villager reads are usually correct, it's the wolf reads that usually suck

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to have good village reads, 75% of the people in the game are villagers.

fmxda 03-05-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOR ANYONE WHO OBVIOUSLY DIDNT READ THE RULES - IE LUCKAY

aragorn can not protect Sam or Frodo

carry on

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
I tip my hat to you if you're this publicly wrong as a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

soah 03-05-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
luckay is a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: stop clearing 90% of the village day 1. People start ignoring you very quickly when you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right or wrong, when you do that, people start ignoring you very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, let's try small words so you get it

When durron makes lots of posts "x is a villager, y is a villager", people ignore him. They continue to ignore him later, even if his reads are good.

Just like people ignore luckay's reads, because he's so obnoxious about them, and my reads because of the impression that I suck at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

so durron shouldn't post his thoughts on the game???? wtfwtfwtfwtf

durron597 03-05-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's easy to have good village reads, 75% of the people in the game are villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but i haven't been wrong about a village read since as long as i can remember EXCEPT for misreading shortline.

wolf reads i'm wrong about constantly, and i admit that freely

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zurvan,

what if we split the list, and gandalf may switch to the other list if he thinks he's got a better than random shot at hitting theoden?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand this hardon people have for splitting the list.

ZOMG THEY MIGHT PEEK THE SAME PERSON

Who gives a [censored]? Maybe all their peeks will die the day after they peek them. I typically ignore it (or don't put up a huge stink about it), but in this case, there is a disadvantage to limiting who a seer can peek. Half the time, we're losing a potential bonus, for no good reason, other than letting a few people feel like they're in charge of the village, or allow the wolves to look villagery because they make a strategy post.

LuckayLuck 03-05-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckay,

it doesn't matter if there's a theoden tell or not. by splitting the list, you've already given a 50% chance of us not finding theoden.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf
this is some kind of statistical argument flaw right? Like in poker, suppose you have pocket twos, and you calculate the odds of hitting a set...you don't account for cards dealt out to other players, even though theoretically you could have a 0% chance of hitting a set if other players got a two

peeking theoden is pure luck, splitting the lists does nothing