Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366355)

TruFloridaGator 04-28-2007 12:16 AM

Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East

FRENCH SAVES THE DAY!!!!

Jeff Francoeur 04-28-2007 12:18 AM

np

Now pay me.

SoloAJ 04-28-2007 02:49 AM

It's April so I'm afraid to get my hopes up...but is there any reason that we shouldn't be expecting this trend to continue? I worry a little about the offense becuase of the inflated HRs...but they are getting the job done other ways too when necessary it seems...

mmbt0ne 04-28-2007 10:10 AM

Solo,

I wouldn't worry too much about the offense. The Braves were 2nd in offense in the NL last year behind the Mets and this year they seem to have a healthy Chipper and a walkable Francoeur. I'm much more concerned about the back end of the rotation.

SoloAJ 04-28-2007 11:22 AM

t0ne,

Good point. Redman might be the worst player to throw on a Braves uni in a while, all things considered.

I don't know why, but I definitely see hints of long slumps in the lineup sometimes. It isn't reallya strong lineup all around. But I didn't know they were 2nd in O last year either. I must just be a pessimist when I watch them.

mmbt0ne 04-28-2007 12:06 PM

Kelly, Francoeur, Hans and whoever's at first all have the ability to slump hard. Andruw has his dips too obviously. If they all hurt at the same time it will definitely be trouble.

TruFloridaGator 04-28-2007 12:25 PM

I wouldn't worry about our offense either, look at our RBIs with 2 outs, just sick. This team is very disciplined hitting with a lot of power to go with it. I'm more worried about Andruw then Kelly the Kid, Frenchy or anyone else.

& obviously the back end of the rotation. Smoltz or Huddy CAN not get hurt.

James282 04-28-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about our offense either, look at our RBIs with 2 outs, just sick. This team is very disciplined hitting with a lot of power to go with it. I'm more worried about Andruw then Kelly the Kid, Frenchy or anyone else.

& obviously the back end of the rotation. Smoltz or Huddy CAN not get hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

your rbi with 2 outs is more a factor of luck. count on this regressing to the mean soon enough(like the mets bullpen!)

James

mmbt0ne 04-28-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your rbi with 2 outs is more a factor of luck. count on this regressing to the mean soon enough(like the mets bullpen!)

James

[/ QUOTE ]

semi-true. Teams with better offenses are going to have more 2-out RBIs than the mean though.

James282 04-28-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

semi-true. Teams with better offenses are going to have more 2-out RBIs than the mean though.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv, I realize I did a bad attempt at nodding towards this when I compared them to the Mets bullpen. They will definitely be above average but won't be otherworldy. Same goes for the Mets bullpen.

James