Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Official Watch Flight of the Concords Tonight It's Awesome Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=440750)

Hoya 08-20-2007 02:44 PM

Re: Official Watch Flight of the Concords Tonight It\'s Awesome Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Also, yes, they did not suck on stage. It just wasn't world music.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't seem to have much presence. And last week they messed up equipment and were just generally a disaster in their sets.

Soul Daddy 08-20-2007 03:24 PM

I definitely feel that they are not good performers and it's part of the joke. They have all of these wonderful songs that catalog their daily life, and we've seen them occasionally writing new material, yet the only thing they ever play on stage is that ridiculous "Who likes to rock the body?" song.

I'm ready for a Dave-centric episode. Dude is gold.

kidcolin 08-20-2007 03:34 PM

ha. yeah that whole exchange about the parents was really good. Maybe the highlight of the episode as far as dialog goes.

fluorescenthippo 08-20-2007 03:45 PM

i liked when they tried to go out the window

Dilznoofus 08-20-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely feel that they are not good performers and it's part of the joke. They have all of these wonderful songs that catalog their daily life, and we've seen them occasionally writing new material, yet the only thing they ever play on stage is that ridiculous "Who likes to rock the body?" song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I love Dave. I can't decide who I like better between him and Murray. I still laugh every time I think about Watership Down and how women love that sensitive nautical s**t.

With respect to FOTC's stage performance: It seems like a plot inconsistency that they've acknowledged or referred to themselves as a novelty act at least twice yet they only perform bland, generic pop rock at their gigs.

danzasmack 08-20-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a bunch of FOTC live vids on youtube

silver book 08-20-2007 04:08 PM

I used to watch something similar to this when it was on the discovery channel. Now I here it's completely different.

P.S. Those birds are pretty cool.

Soul Daddy 08-20-2007 04:11 PM

The show obviously doesn't care about plot consistency. Bret's character is different from week to week.

Soul Daddy 08-20-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a bunch of FOTC live vids on youtube

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but we're talking about how their characters are portrayed on the show.

danzasmack 08-20-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The show obviously doesn't care about plot consistency. Bret's character is different from week to week.

[/ QUOTE ]

noted on the live show thing.

W/regards to this - I agree 100%. Murray's computer is a simple example. Episode 1 he has a laptop. He gets a new desktop to replace a POS that he has for a while then goes back to the POS.

I'm a nit like that.