Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   ***Official Ron Paul video thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406077)

Taso 07-06-2007 06:45 PM

Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Got ya, read the word "that" in the wrong way :P

Also : what time is going to be on ABC? Is that tonight?

ojc02 07-08-2007 12:37 PM

Here's the ABC piece

It was good up until the end when I was hoping Ron would reach over and back-hand slap the smirk off that ass-hats face.

Unfortunately after this clip ends they immediately go on to talk about Mike Gravel. Lumping the two of them together is damaging to Paul and I wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate by the All BS Company.

JackWhite 07-08-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was good up until the end when I was hoping Ron would reach over and back-hand slap the smirk off that ass-hats face.

Unfortunately after this clip ends they immediately go on to talk about Mike Gravel. Lumping the two of them together is damaging to Paul and I wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate by the All BS Company.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly had the "let's give a few minutes to the kooks" type of feel. Whatever the intentions of ABC and Stephanopolous were, I thought Paul came off looking really good in that piece. I am pretty sure he was happy with the exposure and the overall presentation.

j555 07-08-2007 01:18 PM

Stephanopolous is a member of CFR and a former advisor to President Clinton so there's fair and balanced for you. I didn't like lumping Gravel and Paul together as two candidates who have no shot. Hopefully the interview spreads Ron Paul's message to people who haven't heard it yet, and they start researching his positions on the internet.

Nielsio 07-08-2007 01:28 PM

RE: ABC piece

Wow, "that's not gonna happen"+smirk. Unbelievable...

Otherwise it was an excellent piece. I especially liked the bits about theft, where the money comes from, personal integrity, MORALITY!!!, etc.

Taso 07-08-2007 01:36 PM

Err, that was a little strange at the end. I'm not a Ron Paul fan, but not sure how Stephanopolous had any business telling him "that's not going to happen." Just rude really.

Agree that Paul looked good in this peice.

Anyone else think the young ron paul looked like George W. Bush a little bit?

Borodog 07-08-2007 02:06 PM

Stephanopolous has always been a hack. I was surprised that the first 90% of the interview was as fair as it was.

ojc02 07-08-2007 05:22 PM

incidentally, here's the Vegas freedom fest video where he makes brief mention of the anarchists.

No rickroll here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ojc02 07-08-2007 10:52 PM

They ain't gonna let me on a plane with a chainsaw and a harpoon gun! - They would if Ron Paul was president!

ShakeZula06 07-08-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
incidentally, here's the Vegas freedom fest video where he makes brief mention of the anarchists.

No rickroll here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

44 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Can anyone that watched it point out where he mentions the anarchists?