Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535950)

bones 11-29-2007 02:20 AM

Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
[nit]

So today for the 3rd straight day a cashier has shortchanged me by a penny.

Day 1: Wendy's meal comes to like 6.29 and I hand the [censored] 6.30 and sit and wait for my penny. After a second the guy says "Next window please sir." The tone in which he said it really pissed me off, but I think to myself this guy is a moron working at Wendy's and it's just a penny, not worth getting riled up about.

Day 2: 7-11 total is x.49 and I dig into my pocket for x.5 which I hand to the guy. He closes the drawer without giving me my penny and turns and walks away without even bagging my items. Im flabbergasted by how poorly that exchange went so I just leave

Day 3: 7-11 again x.49 again this time my items get bagged but no penny is given.

For some reason it really bothers me that I keep getting stiffed even though it's just 3 damn pennies which are either going to end up in an already full change tray or on the floor of my laundry room.

[/nit]

Anyone know where I can see tomorrow night's football game online for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy at my Wendy's shorts me a dollar every single time. Sometimes like $1.50. It's to the point where I just leave my hand out so he can say "ohhh, sorry man. I owe you one more." He prob makes an extra 20/day doing this I'd guess.

Eagles 11-29-2007 02:23 AM

Random question relating to the change thing.
I buy a pita that comes to $6.45 I only have 6 and x change there is an ATM in the building. (Its like a student center) I say hold on I thought I had enough let me go to the ATM. For what value of x should the guy let it slide.

Josem 11-29-2007 02:23 AM

the correct solution is to move to a country where pennies no longer exist, and instead all prices are rounded, at the point of purchase, to the nearest five cents.

since half the time you'll be rounding up, and half rounding down, the EV is essentially zero, and the inconvenience of individual cents is gone.

bones 11-29-2007 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Random question relating to the change thing.
I buy a pita that comes to $6.45 I only have 6 and x change there is an ATM in the building. (Its like a student center) I say hold on I thought I had enough let me go to the ATM. For what value of x should the guy let it slide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how nitty. For cashiers, prob <.25

bones 11-29-2007 02:29 AM

btw, i have a pretty funny change story that hopefully I'll get around to blogging soon. It involves the cashier asking me to loan him money.

Kevin8423 11-29-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the correct solution is to move to a country where pennies no longer exist, and instead all prices are rounded, at the point of purchase, to the nearest five cents.

since half the time you'll be rounding up, and half rounding down, the EV is essentially zero, and the inconvenience of individual cents is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what they did at the military bases in Germany when I lived there during middle school. Made things much easier.

STALLOWN3D 11-29-2007 02:35 AM

Has anyone ever played the drinkng game beer balls? It adds a crazy physical element to drinking. I suggest you all oplay.

ADLinden 11-29-2007 02:49 AM

rules?

STALLOWN3D 11-29-2007 03:15 AM

Ok, I'll MS pain it. But you need a table/bar like beer pong...2 people each side with a can/bottle in the middle of your side. Player 1A throws a ping pong ball at Team B;s bottle. If it hits Player 1B starts drinking and doesnt stop til someone from player 2 puts the ball back on the bar. Rinse and repeat

I realize this doens't sound fun, but its a blast

Edit: so i'm really bad at ms paint and can't do it, btw, this is obv not a party game. Somehting you do with a few friends.

ADLinden 11-29-2007 03:24 AM

im sure its fun as long as it involves drinking