Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I will mentor you for free (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549694)

runout_mick 11-23-2007 08:50 AM

Re: I will mentor you for free

So I got the pity vote? It worked!

I'm honestly SHOCKED to have been included in this after reading the applications. I feel like I have the opportunity of a lifetime here, and I'd better not piss it away or 2p2 will arrange a collective grease fire for me.

Sorry to all those that weren't selected who I felt were much more deserving (I thought GSykes was a shoe-in), but I'm fairly confident that this will likely become a running 2p2 project. After Jay takes his turn, I'd be surprised if the torch didn't pass on to a new mentor for a new program.

I'm psyched.

choccypie 11-23-2007 09:12 AM

Grats to those who got picked! Hope you guys do well and I'm sure you'll get a lot out of your sessions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways to hijack this thread, anyone of the serious people in here interested In trying to set up a forum for private hand discussion, so that we can filter some of the "noise" out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm currently only at NL10 working my way up. If that's not a problem then sign me up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jay. 11-23-2007 09:15 AM

Actually GSykes is in. I think his name got missed off the copy and paste [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i said 12 players and only listed 11, he was included in my 12 name list in notepad.

MatthijsH 11-23-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know but it felt like hockey tryouts all over again.

i looked from top to bottom i think 4 times.

Then refreshed looked again and was like damn.

Good selection though,

I am GRREEEEEEEEEEN with envy

[/ QUOTE ]

GLGLGLGL!!!

Great stuff Jay.

buttonpusher 11-23-2007 09:42 AM

Congrats to everyone who made the list - quite an opportunity for you all. Have to admit I'm quite jealous.

Jay, thanks for the consideration.

Oh yea, and it definitely felt like hockey tryouts again.

ValarMorghulis 11-23-2007 10:08 AM

Thanks very much Jay. I'm totally shocked I got in. I just hope I can make the most of this opportunity over the next few months.

I'm willing to lend a hand to Goofy on the website if he needs it, I know little about making websites but I have worked as a software engineer.

Jay. 11-23-2007 10:24 AM

Awesome. I'll PM you both about it later today then.

runout_mick 11-23-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually GSykes is in. I think his name got missed off the copy and paste [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i said 12 players and only listed 11, he was included in my 12 name list in notepad.

[/ QUOTE ]

How stoked is he going to be when he reads this?

Awesome irony.

toddxlogan 11-23-2007 12:12 PM

Wow, I am so, so absurdly envious of this. And I really thought I had a good shot. Ah well, life rolls on.

Congrats to all of you guys who made it. Make the most of it, what an awesome opportunity!

Todd

Alobar 11-23-2007 01:10 PM

wow, I am so excited about this!! I'm very grateful for this opportunity Jay. I'm going to get sooo much out of this (and put soo much in as well!!).
And thanks for not narrowing the list to 10, I'm dumbfounded I even managed to make it into spot 11 or 12! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

seriously, this is as exciting as the time I won a WSOP seat in a donkament!