Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   ***** November LC Thread ***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535805)

brandysbich 11-05-2007 10:08 PM

Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest upswing was something like 25 bi's, but that was over two days.

I doubt your edge exceeds 65/35. If it did, you would not need 30+ bi's

Yes, some people play 100s with less than 3k.

It is a bankroll builder, really. You can earn a decent amount of money with a small relative br compared to other games, etc.

On game selection. You are going to be better than a large portion of your players anyways. There is nothing wrong, especially at small stakes, to play a random opponent and learn how to best exploit him.

HUSNGs is a great learning tool, and a great way to make money with little ruin.

Finally, because this is what we like. This conversation is as pointless as asking why some people play limit or Omaha. I don't understand people who play FRSNGs, but it is a very popular game. It doesn't matter why, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think your last point is a good analogy at all as the conversation is about to forms of poker that share a forum so why not compare the 2? But I dont wanna turn this into an argument or anything.

When I gave the figure 65/35 I didnt mean your chance of winning when you start the game...i was refering to the % you're likely to get it in at best as when the game gets to push/fold...it was a guess tho so I might be way off.

The reason I play with +30bi's is just personal choice...theres nothing stopping me from taking stabs at fish at 1/2..i think i'd do well tbh but i'm just a br nit.

I wasnt aware of it being such a great br builder. I dont see why someone with 2k could earn more at the 100's than at 100nl hucash when trying to build a roll..guess i'll just take your word for it.

Game selection is prob the most important thing for me. Most of the guys I dont give action not because I think they better than me, but because whats in it to be playing someone thats as good as yourself.

Finally HUSNG's are a learning tool to what exactly?...Play higher HUSNG's? Cos like cwar said earlier its 2 different skill sets and playing husng's isnt going to make you better hucash player than just jumping in and playing hucash.

brandysbich 11-05-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely run into someone who I dont think I have a significant edge over even up to 550s so losing the 'fish' isnt a big issue. I also never get hit and run which is pleasant to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you struck gold sir....not getting hit and run is reason enough to play husng's

MasterLJ 11-05-2007 10:30 PM

Another pretty solid day. Yesterday was my first losing day in about 10 days, but was only -$230 and I'm sure I could have grinded through it if I wanted.

Today, despite posting stuff earlier, I'd say I was neutrally lucky meaning I sucked out about as often as I was sucked out upon.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...terLJ/NOv5.jpg

Landonfan 11-05-2007 10:40 PM

I'm quitting poker.

HokieGreg 11-05-2007 11:02 PM

Is this really the LC thread???

There is too much solid advice and not enough bitching and moaning about variance.

Landon provides us with a good example of solid LC thread material:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm quitting poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MasterLJ 11-05-2007 11:02 PM

Btw, my favorite hand of the day.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $72
Hero (SB): $266

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($32) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($32) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $24</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $250 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $32 and is All-In

River: ($144) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $144 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
BB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, King high) and WON $143.50 (+$71.50 NET)
Hero showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Queens) and LOST (-$72 NET)

Landonfan 11-05-2007 11:59 PM

Hey guys, I learned something about husngs. Second pair is NEVER GOOD. Regardless of how much of a multi-barreling monkey retard you're playing or how clean the board is, second pair is never, ever, ever good. Also, every time someone plays a hand exactly like they would play a busted draw, they actually tried some stupid ass float and backed into the most unlikely made hand possible. And AK is never good preflop.

[censored] poker and [censored] life.

PartysOver 11-06-2007 01:07 AM

i like getting AK vs AJ in twice preflop.

i hate losing fljdalkfje902rtufjdkalf; i38729r fUDKC

sigh variance

Landonfan 11-06-2007 01:20 AM

I just sent my first official "turn off my doomswitch" letter to FT. With my luck they'll just laugh and crank the [censored] up to 11.

TNixon 11-06-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt aware of it being such a great br builder. I dont see why someone with 2k could earn more at the 100's than at 100nl hucash when trying to build a roll..guess i'll just take your word for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of the two major sites open to US players offers HU games lower than $100NL. You can play HUSNGs on $100, but you certainly can't play HUCASH on one buyin. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, if you're a winning player, and only have enough of a roll for low to mid stakes (past $100s or so, I think it gets pretty hard to find enough opponents to continuously keep a table open), your hourly rate at HUSNGs can be quite a bit higher than it would be for cash. I'm pretty sure that higher earn rate comes with a higher variance price tag (meaning HUSNGs *should* be higher $variance than HUCASH), but the jury is still out on that one.

Besides, when us little peons down here talk about "building a roll", we think we've already made it if we hit 2k. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]