Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347301)

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
luckay is a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: stop clearing 90% of the village day 1. People start ignoring you very quickly when you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

my villager reads are usually correct, it's the wolf reads that usually suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Right or wrong, when you do that, people start ignoring you very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, let's try small words so you get it

When durron makes lots of posts "x is a villager, y is a villager", people ignore him. They continue to ignore him later, even if his reads are good.

Just like people ignore luckay's reads, because he's so obnoxious about them, and my reads because of the impression that I suck at this game.

dmk 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

luckay, you forgot 1 important ingredient:

the chili

fmxda 03-05-2007 05:14 PM

Luckay:

As I understand it, the wolves know who Theoden is. Let's pretend I am Theoden for instance and you are a wolf. Then you tell the village in your strategy post that Gandalf should peek from Neil to Zurvan and STICK TO IT!

I tip my hat to you if you're this publicly wrong as a wolf.

LuckayLuck 03-05-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckay: I'm pretty sure Sam isn't worth trading for a single villager. This is nearly equivilant to just having Frodo come out if we're about to lynch a villager, which gets frodo killed that night instead of sam. Either way we end up with the masonry gone and the seer running without a backup. No one really suggests a seer come out to save one villager from a lynch early on, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]
The thing about Sam coming out saving a villager is that we have an ANGEL (lol) who can 100% protect sam (lol) so I feel that Sam shoudl definitely come out and clear a villager, worth it

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay: for somebody that claims to have read the rules, you missed the two roles that, if peeked by a certain seer, offer a huge benefit to the village. But, if peeked by the other seer, gain nothing. I suggest you re-read faramir & theoden roles.

soah & luckay

ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL WTF
it doesn't matter if gandalf peeks are restricted from one side of the list or the entire pool

do you seriously think someoen has a THEODEN TELL??? WTF Theoden plays JUST like a villager since he doesn't know the wolf team and probably doesn't plan on surviving until the end anyways

There is <u>ONLY UPSIDE TO SPLITTING THE FREAKING PEEKS</u>
die
diedeideideideideideidei
THERE IS NO THEODEN TELL
NOBODY IS AWESOME ENOUGH TO GET A THEODEN TELL
I did not miss the part, I just realized that there was no possible way to deduce who thoden was, restricting lists does NOTHING

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you speaking english?

He doesn't need to deduce theoden, or faramir. He just needs to not be restricted from peeking him. Splitting the lists does that.

durron597 03-05-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When durron makes lots of posts "x is a villager, y is a villager", people ignore him. They continue to ignore him later, even if his reads are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think this is just you

Zurvan 03-05-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think this is just you

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. I ignore everybody, regardless.

dmk 03-05-2007 05:15 PM

luckay,

it doesn't matter if there's a theoden tell or not. by splitting the list, you've already given a 50% chance of us not finding theoden.

sighing 03-05-2007 05:16 PM

[ 1 ] aaronk voted for traz
[ 0 ] amplify voted for Durron
[ 0 ] chuckles voted for Durron
[ 0 ] dmk voted for Nichp
[ 6 ] Durron voted for GT1T
[ 0 ] FCBL voted for Mark_K
[ 0 ] fmxda voted for TFG
[ 0 ] FortFun voted for Neil Stevens
[ 2 ] GT1T voted for Durron
[ 0 ] HerbieGRD
[ 0 ] Jeremy
[ 0 ] Kumu voted for Nez477
[ 0 ] Luckay voted for GT1T
[ 1 ] Mark_K voted for TFG
[ 1 ] Neil Stevens voted for Durron
[ 1 ] Nez477 voted for Durron
[ 1 ] Nichp voted for xoom
[ 1 ] Soah voted for aaronk
[ 0 ] Stephen
[ 2 ] TFG
[ 0 ] Thebram voted for Xorbie
[ 1 ] traz
[ 0 ] Voj
[ 0 ] VR
[ 0 ] wdcbooks
[ 1 ] xoom voted for Durron
[ 1 ] Xorbie
[ 0 ] Zurvan voted for Soah

durron597 03-05-2007 05:16 PM

zurvan,

what if we split the list, and gandalf may switch to the other list if he thinks he's got a better than random shot at hitting theoden?