Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

1C5 01-23-2007 04:54 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

Nice shoes, how much did they cost? I saw them in a local store and tried them on but didn't get them. They were $130 or some crap.

N 82 50 24 01-23-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice shoes, how much did they cost? I saw them in a local store and tried them on but didn't get them. They were $130 or some crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't remember, lol. Poker has completely skewed my view of money and I just don't care about everyday purchases anymore. I'm trying to change that though.

nolanfan34 01-23-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, bump:

Best Power Songs so Far:

Outkast - Bombs over Baghdad (great for interval sprints)
Eminem - Lose Yourself
The Who - Baba O'riley
Eminem - Till I Collapse

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a Bloc Party song on there right now, can't remember the name.

I'll probably download the Rocky theme just for this.

theghost 01-23-2007 06:14 PM

Got my 1st run logged yesterday so I'm on the board.

Haven't calibrated yet but ran on a track for part of my course; 2 laps came in at .5 miles so I guess it's working pretty well out of the box for me. (no special shoes, but I do use the marware pouch)

I've only run once or twice since Halloween (when I started my slide back into sloth), and am mildly trashed today from the run. Planning to do some more damage Thursday so get crackin! I'm coming for ya!

DonkeyKongSr 01-23-2007 06:50 PM

Nice, we are really starting to get a good group going. 12 with runs, another 3 registered.

I've been sick the past week and haven't run since the 17th. I should get out tonight just in time to keep Noamr/Smaz776 from taking the lead.

Oh yeah, thanks for the shoutout on the site Skunkworks. Even with my week off, I should blow away my 50 mile goal for the month. I think I'll shoot for 75 next month.

Alobar 01-23-2007 08:04 PM

*bump*

ok, I finally got everything set up and faked a .04 mile run so I could upload and accept the challenge.

going on first run now!

Nomar 01-23-2007 10:17 PM

I use asics sneakers with replacement arch supports in them, I just put the sensor under the sole. Its been very accurate, I use this page to check the distance on my runs when Im finished.

Going skiing this weekend for 4 days...heres your chance to pass me entity.

tdarko 01-23-2007 10:19 PM

Nomar,

How do you put the sensor under the sole of Asics? Did you cut a hole in the bottom of the shoe or something, otherwise this would seem to be incredibly uncomfortable?

Nomar 01-23-2007 10:23 PM

I take out the asics insole liner and put in a thicker arch support liner. I tried the sensor just under the center and its barely noticable at all.

Entity 01-24-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use asics sneakers with replacement arch supports in them, I just put the sensor under the sole. Its been very accurate, I use this page to check the distance on my runs when Im finished.

Going skiing this weekend for 4 days...heres your chance to pass me entity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use mapmyrun (mapmyrun.com) for mapping to check things out, I'm sure they're pretty close since most of them just base the distances off of Google's Pedometer.

Will try to hit a few miles today but I'm definitely feeling tired. Need to find some more good music to download.

Recommendations?