Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   BRAG: my band's cd on the front page of the itunes store (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557016)

React1oN 11-29-2007 08:10 PM

Re: BRAG: my band\'s cd on the front page of the itunes store

[ QUOTE ]
not my kind of music but congrats

[/ QUOTE ]Also, the singer sounding like Jeff Buckley/Modest Mouse is pretty lol imo, either way congrats, this is a pretty huge brag for an indieetc band

Chump Change 11-29-2007 08:10 PM

Yo the fifth song 'a million miles' is good stuff and i'd listen to it again. Fallout Boy smoked a joint with Hepcat and wrote a song about it.

ua1176 11-29-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Also, the singer sounding like Jeff Buckley/Modest Mouse is pretty lol imo, either way congrats, this is a pretty huge brag for an indieetc band

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious- i'm certainly not saying we're as good as Jeff Buckley or Modest Mouse....but....who else would you say the singer sounds like? i'm not angry in the least...it's just always funny to see how far off my opinions are from everyone else's.

Tartufo 11-29-2007 10:32 PM

Jon Bon Jovi comes to mind

React1oN 11-29-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious- i'm certainly not saying we're as good as Jeff Buckley or Modest Mouse....but....who else would you say the singer sounds like? i'm not angry in the least...it's just always funny to see how far off my opinions are from everyone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't really know who I'd describe him as, but probably neither of those too. Fwiw I wasn't trying to be rude, though it probably sounded a bit condescending.

Max Raker 11-29-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't really know who I'd describe him as, but probably neither of those too. Fwiw I wasn't trying to be rude, though it probably sounded a bit condescending.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe Jack White? Not sure though.

ua1176 11-30-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno man, I can't take any band seriously that uses myspace as their band's website. Get a real site pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pro Tools is the best thing to ever happen to indie musicians, but Myspace is a damn close second. it makes coordinating everything so much easier. band websites are now pretty obsolete unless you're a major artist.

we wouldn't have a distribution deal with a warner subsidiary label if the A+R guy didn't go to my buddy's band's myspace, hate the music, click on our link instead, and like it.

p.s. whoever was only getting 30 second clips on myspace...it works fine on multiple computers both through IE and firefox. not sure about safari/opera/whatever.

p.p.s....for everyone who gave a listen....like it or hate it, thanks for taking the time. much appreciated.

Thrahl 11-30-2007 12:42 AM

Sounds like Billy Talent.

Thats not a good thing.

4ObliVioN4 11-30-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like Billy Talent.

Thats not a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they sounded like Billy Talent I would have liked it a lot more.

cynic757 11-30-2007 01:10 PM

Added you as a myspace friend. I will likely buy your CD.

SinkRox 11-30-2007 05:58 PM

I listened to two songs, but it's not really my thing, I'm more into indie than rock.. still congrats on the progression [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I dont think anyones asked... whats you role in the band?

ua1176 11-30-2007 06:12 PM

i'm the guitarist. and i do the recording/mixing, along with the singer.

thanks for asking.