Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So I'm going to Prison for 2 years (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553525)

jackflashdrive 11-24-2007 03:39 PM

Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to one of those tent prisons?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'll be in a stricly DUI yard in State Prison, I have been to the tents b4 though. The tents are worse than any prison could ever be

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate? Also, why do you need advice for prison if you've been through worse in the tents?

Sry you are going to prison 2.5 years is way too long unless someone got hurt.

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

suzzer99 11-24-2007 03:51 PM

Yeah you really seem like you've grown from this.

CommanderCorm 11-24-2007 03:52 PM

I wish you good luck is all I can say. When you are there, try to find a person you can trust once you get to know the crowd around you a little better, this can be very important. With 22 youīll still be a really young person, so I donīt think "you ruined your life" like someone else said.

Ideas for fighting boredom in prison:

- read books (And, in two years, bump the James Joyce thread with your insights)
- learn a language
- learn drawing
- learn Go (you would obviously need to take a cheap set with you, and need some luck to find someone to play with)
- Get a tattoo (or, better yet, donīt)

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, did you hurt anyone? 2 years seems kind of excessive unless you hurt someone or had other priors or something. But I don't know anything.

Maybe you'd get a little more sympathy from OOT if you humanized yourself a little. What were the details of each dui? What did you learn? What did you think you learned with the previous DUIs but didn't? How did you wind up in the car that 3rd time and what was your big mistake that got you there? etc.

As someone who's had one DUI and has a tendency to get out of his head on rare occasions, that last piece of info. could come in handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.

eastern motors 11-24-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol looked ionto this option lebowski. It's def. possible but i really don't feel like looking ove my shoulder for the rest of my life. 2 years is a long time but AZ is a [censored] up state in terms of punishment(I didn't hurt anyone). Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come to AZ on vacation and leave on probation.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol people from every state say this.

jackflashdrive 11-24-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to hide until the statute of limitations runs out. So you live in Brazil for like 12 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are very confused about what statute of limitations means.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Answering this could take forever. But basiaclly each DUI went kinda like this. Get really drunk black out, and wake up in a holding cell. I honesly only remember the first DUI slightly and don't remember the otehr two at all. The last one I was not drunk at all. I had taken some prescribed meds. Mixture of percs and lorazepam(like xanax) and blacked out and wound up with my car crashed in someones front yard. I obv have major drug and alcohol issues and can say that getting help for that is the one major thing I have gotten out of all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Well, assuming this isn't all a giant level (your tone elsewhere seems rather blithe and you don't have much of a posting history), maybe prison will give you the impetus to get your [censored] straight. This is pretty hard to defend.

TwoOuter 11-24-2007 03:57 PM

My suggestion is to use the time wisely. Learn a foreign language, study something which may lead to a career when you're released, etc.

My cousin did 4 years for robbery. He was the biggest idiot I've ever met in my life (among other things, he broke into relatives' homes during holidays when he knew they were all over at Grandma's house or wherever).

Anyway he started studying biology and physiology and really got into it. Got out, got into nursing school, and after graduating got a very good job. Since then he's continued his education and works in a pediatric dept.

He says prison saved his life. He also said that it's easy to get caught up in the routine and mentally veg out and waste month after month.

Turn this into an opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone can overcome them.

Good luck to you.

Henry17 11-24-2007 04:00 PM

2.5 years seems excessive for DUI. I had to do 28 days for driving continuously driving while under suspension and I was looking at 3 months last year until I negotiated a deal. To be honest if I had gotten the 3 months I would have avoided it by moving (running seems extensive no one chases you over a traffic violation).

The first 24 hours is the worst part of it. After that just keep your head down and you should be fine. Still 2.5 years is [censored]. I'd run in your situation.

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Well, assuming this isn't all a giant level (your tone elsewhere seems rather blithe and you don't have much of a posting history), maybe prison will give you the impetus to get your [censored] straight. This is pretty hard to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't start the post to defend myself. I truly wanted some real advice. wish I could say I am leveling. About sounding blithe. I guess I'm jsut trying to deal with it in my own way. Anaways thanks everyone for responses.

2.5 is standard for your third one in AZ. they have all happened wtithin the last four years which makes a big difference.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-24-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i always see them on the news with guys who murdered people in 1972??

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i always see them on the news with guys who murdered people in 1972??

[/ QUOTE ]

statute of limitations doesn't apply after you've been charged and convicted.

also, as soon as you flee the jurisdiction, the clock stops running.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The first 24 hours is the worst part of it. After that just keep your head down and you should be fine. Still 2.5 years is [censored]. I'd run in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

"See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. . . . Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20...ck_james,0.jpg

mrkilla 11-24-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2.5 years seems excessive for DUI. I had to do 28 days for driving continuously driving while under suspension and I was looking at 3 months last year until I negotiated a deal. To be honest if I had gotten the 3 months I would have avoided it by moving (running seems extensive no one chases you over a traffic violation).

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems light considering hes
Underage
and its his third one
2 were aggro
hes been to the "tents" before

you're heading in the right direction champ. While you are in prison I would learn the art of making a shank, find a gang affiliation and get a prison tat.

iplayscared 11-24-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sucks to be u...consider shanking someone the first day ur there.

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably himself

illeagle 11-24-2007 04:17 PM

I'm a former correctional officer and can tell you that every prison is different. If you'll be doing time at a prison that holds DUI offenders exclusively then it seems like you don't have too much to worry about. You won't be surrounded by too many of those thug culture idiots.

As TwoOuter advised, take advantage of any college degree/vocational programs that may be available. Do the time, don't let the time do you. Work on improving your mind and body while you're in there.

I doubt you'll get in a bunch of fights or fight off rapists considering the type of felons you'll be doing time with. Be very careful with your personal info. Don't tell anyone, anything about the specifics of your personal life(names, livlihoods and locations of relatives, etc.)

Find out about Commissary policies and ask a relative to keep your account balance topped off.

That's about all that comes to mind right now. Take care.

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably himself

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry. you can tell someone to kill someone else, but if you tell someone to kill himself, then you've crossed the 2+2 line. ban pls.

suzzer99 11-24-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is there any temptation to really let it all hang out this last week?

iplayscared 11-24-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

preferably himself

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry. you can tell someone to kill someone else, but if you tell someone to kill himself, then you've crossed the 2+2 line. ban pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt mean it like i wanted him to kill himself.

Jim14Qc 11-24-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're there 100% of the 2.5 years. Drinking and driving is the douchiest thing since ... ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

GSykes 11-24-2007 04:31 PM

You [censored] up you pay the price dude.

jackflashdrive 11-24-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

Christ what's with all the hate none of you ever drove drunk?

mrh86 11-24-2007 04:37 PM

I've been driving drunk pretty regularly since I was 17, and I've never put so much as a scratch on my car while doing so. I've never had a point-based ticket, and all of the tickets that I have gotten were when I was sober. That being said, I'm 21 years old right now, and if I received a sentence like that for DUI I'd find a gun and kill myself.

Losing all 11-24-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds so stupid coming from someone who isn't about to do 2.5 years. Not that I'd come here looking for advice or sympathy, that's dumb too. but why be a punk and kick a guy when he's down? I'd say 2.5 years is more than enough.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP does sound like he's taken it to the next level. Nevertheless, for all the moralizing in this thread I sure hope everybody praying for him to get asspounded drove like grandmothers when they were learning to drive, instead of the reckless crazy driving that seems pretty standard among teenagers.

GSykes 11-24-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds so stupid coming from someone who isn't about to do 2.5 years. Not that I'd come here looking for advice or sympathy, that's dumb too. but why be a punk and kick a guy when he's down? I'd say 2.5 years is more than enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I mean he couldn't possibly kill anyone while blacking out, or driving into someones front lawn.

Guy sounds like a good guy I think a slap on the wrist is fine.

I know if i [censored] up like this I would wanted to be treated like a douche let alone if I did it 3 times.

MicroBob 11-24-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

[/ QUOTE ]

an argument can be made that his DUI's were a bit different than the regular old, "I had 2 or 3 drinks and drove a few blocks back to home but some cop pulled me over along the way and I tested at 0.08."

The guy wakes up in a cell or crashed in someone's front yard and doesn't even know how he got there and yet keeps repeating the behavior. Yeah, I think he's got a problem.

3 DUI's before you're 21 is not exactly 'bad luck' or somehow an accident. OP is pretty messed up with the booze/drugs. And think of the other times he probably repeated similar behavior but actually made it home unscathed and unarrested.

Seems extremely lucky that he hasn't killed anybody yet.

They already put him in the tents and yet he continued to do this.
So my hunch is that 2 months or whatever in prison may very well end up just being yet another temporary halt to his irresponsible behavior.
2.5 yrs may still be a little harsher than justified perhaps and possibly because it's in AZ. But he is repeatedly getting into some pretty messed up situations afterall and I think it actually could give him a chance of straightening-out his life.

Losing all 11-24-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I mean he couldn't possibly kill anyone while blacking out, or driving into someones front lawn.

Guy sounds like a good guy I think a slap on the wrist is fine.

I know if i [censored] up like this I would wanted to be treated like a douche let alone if I did it 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

People were calling for his head before the nature of his DUI's were even known. Yes, I think 2.5 years for 3 "six pack" DUI's would be disgusting.

I'd hardly call 2.5 years a slap on the wrist. or are you saying it's 2p2's job to dish out the real punishment?

STALLOWN3D 11-24-2007 04:58 PM

A DUI is a DUI whether it was at .05 or .20; an officer decided he was incapable of driving a vehicle. So yeah, getting 3 DUI's by age 20 should call for a serious punishment.

It's not like it's hard to make a few calls before you go out and arrange a ride if you wont be able to call for a cab.

pirateboy 11-24-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]\

[/ QUOTE ]

Not once.

dcb777 11-24-2007 05:06 PM

Good luck in prison. Stay positive and most of all don't drink as it has done nothing good for you in your life obviously. Don't listen too much to the ridiculous posters in this thread. A vast majority of 2plus2ers are young spoiled kids who don't have much of a clue about real life.

dcb777 11-24-2007 05:07 PM

Pirateboy you are a Saint. Have you ever had sex before either?

Losing all 11-24-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PIRATE/BOY you are a Saint. Have you ever had sex before either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, guess what kind

illeagle 11-24-2007 05:11 PM

Okay we get it already, many of you have never received a DUI and this makes you better than the OP. Congratulations, you're better than some anonymous nobody on the internet.

pirateboy 11-24-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself. I never said I was a saint, but I don't put other people's lives on the line when I make decisions.

Stinger88 11-24-2007 05:15 PM

There's a difference between driving drunk and driving multiple times with no memory. I think OP has issues and needs this time to sort that out. That said, I wish you luck in doing so OP.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself. I never said I was a saint, but I don't put other people's lives on the line when I make decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you do.

EDIT:

[ QUOTE ]
There's a difference between driving drunk and driving multiple times with no memory. I think OP has issues and needs this time to sort that out. That said, I wish you luck in doing so OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

btmagnetw 11-24-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this must be the first time i've seen someone being made fun of for never having driven drunk. you must be the coolest guy in your class.

no really, you must be.

seriously. you must be really cool.