Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes 11/19-Things are starting to get good. Wait,what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550165)

The Yugoslavian 11-20-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Heroes 11/19-Things are starting to get good. Wait,what?

Btw, this and the last episode were awesome. The show is following like the exact same pattern of last year. A few slow build-up episodes, an awesome middle, and last year the ending blew. So does this mean that last week and this week were the middle episodes (due to uber short season) that rule and the rest is going to be BUSTO? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Yugoslav

SamIAm 11-20-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so adam is exacting revenge on those people who locked him up, but do we know why they locked him up for 30 years to begin with?

also, why is parkman's dad a bad guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Parkman's dad is working for Adam. It's not entirely clear how Adam's motivations work. I guess he hung around for hundreds of years, met Hiro's dad, waited ANOTHER 50 years, and THEN killed him, all because Hiro stole his first girlfriend hundreds of years ago.

Scotty. 11-20-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok so adam is exacting revenge on those people who locked him up, but do we know why they locked him up for 30 years to begin with?

also, why is parkman's dad a bad guy

[/ QUOTE ]
Parkman's dad is working for Adam. It's not entirely clear how Adam's motivations work. I guess he hung around for hundreds of years, met Hiro's dad, waited ANOTHER 50 years, and THEN killed him, all because Hiro stole his first girlfriend hundreds of years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would Adam even be able to realize that Kaito's son was the Hiro that went back in time and met him 400 years ago?

Scotty. 11-20-2007 02:53 AM

Also, what happened with Parkman and Angela Petrelli in the end. I thought I saw a new post-it with the unknown woman's name, but I wasn't paying enough attention and it passed by too quick. Did Parkman do it?

SamIAm 11-20-2007 02:53 AM

The "pep rally" seemed a really clunky way to get Claire into her superhero uniform. I don't really mind, but they might as well have Elle say "Oh, I can use my powers better when I walk around in lingerie."

AlexM 11-20-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

the immortality thing might pose a slight problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Freeze time, cover him in concrete, drop him in the ocean. Piece of cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at least take him prisoner or something, it worked last time for decades until Peter freed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teleport him to Antarctica and wave bye bye.

AlexM 11-20-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't HRG have kept Elle's hands tied up in a water compartment of some kind? It seemed super silly that it took her even that long to use her powers once she was out of the tub.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the show's plot is driven by mindnumbing stupidity.

nonecks 11-20-2007 03:14 AM

Was anyone else thinking this then Kaito's killer was shown?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9421/ldoov3.png

[ QUOTE ]
Would Adam even be able to realize that Kaito's son was the Hiro that went back in time and met him 400 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly, it may explain why Kaito was suprised Adam was the one the came to kill him. Otherwise no, and it just happened to be a coincidence.

Dids 11-20-2007 03:26 AM

The show has entered a point where the plot is only moving because the characters are [censored] RETARDED. Fantastic diy way to shut down Kirsten Bell, so clearly when doing a hostage exchange, you should let her lose.

WAIT, don't you know a magic dude who can shut people's powers down? Wouldn't he be helpful right now? Instead let's use a hose and a dog bath.

I really could do without Hiro moralizing and doing anything other than being a spaz. Everything that was interesting about his character is gone. Now he's just a twit. Also, while it was cool to see time stopped, was there any question it was Adam? As somebody else in this thread mentioned, we don't need to show them reveal the Adam bits to each character, we get it.

WTF @ Parkman have ZERO issues with testing out his powers on his pseudo-daughter that he loves. That's [censored]. I require photoshops where Parkman has pedo-bear's head forthwith.

Bob is the only guy I like on this show anymore, and that's just because he's playing some weird version of the same role he owned on Deadwood.

Having this show on after Chuck, which balances funny/action/suspense/hot chicks much better doesn't really help my perception of Heroes.

Cry Me A River 11-20-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They've killed the only black character on the show TWICE now.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Obv the only way to die in this show is to be black. And I think you're forgetting dream-walking-guy, Simone's father.

I sure wouldn't want to be Mica or copycat girl. Or Nichelle Nickols!

This episode actually made me mad.

Because this show is just increasingly plummeting into idiot plot after idiot plot.

Bennet not killing Suresh (oh, please, please kill him!)

After having just been told her blood could be used to save people, Claire not insisting they use her blood to save her father.

Bennet not dead being so, so obvious.

Hiro's whole "Father I will save you", "No, don't save me", "Okay, I won't save you" WTF was that? Just retarded.

Parkham not asking Mother Petrelli what everyone's powers are (among other things).

Bennet's handling of Elle during the prisoner exchange.

So.. they've had Adam as a prisoner for 30 years. The reason he hasn't been hooked up to machines for those thirty years pumping his blood into bags which are then stored in a blood bank, for use by company operatives (etc) in case of death or injury is?

Hiro apparently letting Adam get away with killing his father when he could have taken him out right there while time is time frozen - Even if he's unkillable there's a hundred ways Hiro could neutralize him.

nonecks 11-20-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what happened with Parkman and Angela Petrelli in the end. I thought I saw a new post-it with the unknown woman's name, but I wasn't paying enough attention and it passed by too quick. Did Parkman do it?

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah he got the name, it's Victoria Pratt.

ClubChamp04 11-20-2007 03:53 AM

I thought it was a good episode. Good amount of drama but I definitely want to see an all out war soon. This show is like a tease...give us some action already! I think Peter is going to back Adam and protect him from Hiro until he finds out that Adam is after his mother.

Dids,
Noah didn't bring the Haitian to block Elle's powers b/c he didn't want to blow up his spot. The company still thinks the Haitian is on their side.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Victoria Pratt. I'm not sure who it is but that name sound familiar for some reason.

ZBTHorton 11-20-2007 04:17 AM

zomggggg.

If they had Adam for 30 years, and he has the same powers as Claire. WTF do they need Claire for?

zomggggg.

Why won't they tell us what Mrs Petrelli and Mr Hakamura's powers are? So frustrating.

AlexM 11-20-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Victoria Pratt. I'm not sure who it is but that name sound familiar for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actress

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0695560/

Howard Treesong 11-20-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard,

This may help

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/11/15...humb-thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Gotta give that one a QFT.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obv the only way to die in this show is to be black. And I think you're forgetting dream-walking-guy, Simone's father.

[/ QUOTE ]

And:

http://heroeswiki.com/images/7/79/Simowned.jpg

edit: Check the url of the image. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bostaevski 11-20-2007 12:04 PM

List of characters I want killed off:
1) Mohinder
2) Parkman
3) Peter Petrelli
4) Nathan Petrelli
5) All other Petrellis
6) Claire's mom
7) West
8) Mexicans

Daddy Warbucks 11-20-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids,
Noah didn't bring the Haitian to block Elle's powers b/c he didn't want to blow up his spot. The company still thinks the Haitian is on their side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure they know the Haitians gone rogue (not sure if i have my timeline correct), seen as he wiped mohinders memory and disappeared. Working with veronica mars happened "before" the start of the series, not during.

Iconoclastic 11-20-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Although we knew who the killer would be, I hoped it would be someone else. Hiro's dad's last line really makes no sense (he never thought his worst enemy woudl come after him?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he thought Adam was still imprisoned by the company and didn't expect him to be out and about.

Iconoclastic 11-20-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a good episode. Good amount of drama but I definitely want to see an all out war soon. This show is like a tease...give us some action already!

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't dragonball Z. And the writers on this show pretty much suck

TomVeil 11-20-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Although we knew who the killer would be, I hoped it would be someone else. Hiro's dad's last line really makes no sense (he never thought his worst enemy woudl come after him?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm holding out hope that it's NOT Adam, and it's somebody who has the ability to shapeshift. (Or possibly be seen as different people BY different people) It's the only thing that would make Hiro's Dad say "I never expected it to be you". It's the ONLY person that he would be expecting if it IS Adam!

Last night's episode was alright, but the awful plot of this show is so maddening that I'm starting to hate every single character on it.

nonecks 11-20-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF @ Parkman have ZERO issues with testing out his powers on his pseudo-daughter that he loves. That's [censored]. I require photoshops where Parkman has pedo-bear's head forthwith.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3...p657533ob9.png

I fail on the second one though.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2...p652567ck0.png

TehVader 11-20-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure they know the Haitians gone rogue (not sure if i have my timeline correct), seen as he wiped mohinders memory and disappeared. Working with veronica mars happened "before" the start of the series, not during.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Mohinder didn't get mindwiped by the Haitian seeing as he worked with Bennet at the time. And yes he should've been there because he's awesome.

A good episode imo, although I've given up trying to make sense of most of it, and please to be bringing me more Kristen Bell shooting lightning with her fingers in a bikini

Repsychler 11-20-2007 03:52 PM

Anyone else wonder if maybe Mohinder shooting HRG was planned between them? Bob gave Mohinder that gun that was bigger then he is, but it was taken away by HRG. Then during the hostage switch, HRG has his usual gun, and Mohinder once again has the hand cannon.
Perhaps he asked Bob for another mobile howitzer and there just happened to be a spare, but I don't really see that as realistic.

Daddy Warbucks 11-20-2007 03:52 PM

Yeah he didn't get mind wiped, that was more in inverted commas.

TehVader 11-20-2007 04:13 PM

Rep,

I see that as just another stupid writer mistake

Freakin 11-20-2007 04:38 PM

how do you give a blood transfusion to a non-functioning heart?

rubber gloves for elle, unless she can also spit electricity and stuff

HTF is West still okay after being shot out of the sky by lightning.

No one saw the slightly-aged Kaito Nakamura standing around during his wife's funeral? He seemed close enough to hear what hiros were saying....

hiro has not been using his time-freezing power at all lately... certainly not for any useful effect. eg, you don't have to teleport Kensei out of exploding room, just freeze time, carry him outside, and he's not dead.

bob needs to use his power more offensively.

why is bob giving a hand cannon to a scientist?

SamIAm 11-20-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
She shocks Peter with a kiss at one point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He landed on Claire. She always seemed a little cushy.

[ QUOTE ]
bob needs to use his power for anything ever. Not just that one friggin spoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin 11-20-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
She shocks Peter with a kiss at one point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering if she can actually like shoot it though. I think anywhere on her body can transmit electricity, but maybe she can't aim it as well.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He landed on Claire. She always seemed a little cushy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are fighting words on the internet.

Also, the issue was not him falling out of sky, but him being SHOT BY LIGHTNING. Obviously Veronica Mars can kill people with it if she shoots a decent blast, and she certainly doesn't care about killing people.

SamIAm 11-20-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here, the writers say (spoiler) "<font color="white">We'll be learning about Bob's connection to everyone soon enough. And keep your eye out for some more alchemy than just gold.</font>"

WTF. Do it already.

MtSmalls 11-20-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howard,

This may help

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/11/15...humb-thumb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack Bando 11-20-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- I don't understand Hiro is determined to get revenge on Adam, right? So ok, he doesn't want to save his dad, whatever, but why not stick around for a couple more secs, freeze time again, and kill Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiro's enemy, not his dad's. And that's not Bushido.

[ QUOTE ]

After having just been told her blood could be used to save people, Claire not insisting they use her blood to save her father.

Hiro's whole "Father I will save you", "No, don't save me", "Okay, I won't save you" WTF was that? Just retarded.

Parkham not asking Mother Petrelli what everyone's powers are (among other things).

[/ QUOTE ]

Claire should just go bleed on him to test her hypothesis while crazy lightning bitch is right there?

He realized his idea sucked balls.

They'll tell us if it actually matters.

[ QUOTE ]

No one saw the slightly-aged Kaito Nakamura standing around during his wife's funeral? He seemed close enough to hear what hiros were saying....

why is bob giving a hand cannon to a scientist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her blood causes damaged cells to repair, dead cells are damaged in a way.

It was like 20 years ago, he looks different to an extent and who would think it's future Kaito?

Because Bob's awesomely stupid.

Daddy Warbucks 11-20-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to actually pump the blood around.

Jack Bando 11-20-2007 07:08 PM

A wizard did it?

ncray 11-20-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to actually pump the blood around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diffusion would do it very slowly.

black_drake 11-20-2007 09:16 PM

This show is so stupidly retarded now.

End of story.

And almost all characters either went into retard/dumbass mode or into evil/badguy mode.

Only good guy left is Hiro but he's in the retard crowd so no cookie there.

Season 1 had a damn story and it was all thought out.

Season 2 was just a friggin mess and make-[censored]-up-as-they-go-along.

AlexM 11-20-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else wonder if maybe Mohinder shooting HRG was planned between them?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

AlexM 11-20-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here, the writers say (spoiler) "<font color="white">We'll be learning about Bob's connection to everyone soon enough. And keep your eye out for some more alchemy than just gold.</font>"

WTF. Do it already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice article. More interesting to me though:

(semi-spoiler, not really, but hidden for nits)

<font color="white"> will we find out what the awesome Kaito Nakamura's power might be? Absolutely, but not for a while. </font>

JCool 11-21-2007 12:39 AM

Another bit of Parkman being a dumbass that hasn't been mentioned yet. If he can manipulate the thoughts of his boss why is he only asking him for a goddamm 24 hour extension on the Petrelli investigation?

TomVeil 11-21-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another bit of Parkman being a dumbass that hasn't been mentioned yet. If he can manipulate the thoughts of his boss why is he only asking him for a goddamm 24 hour extension on the Petrelli investigation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that too, but with his "new" ability, he's sure to get what he needs before then.