Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   lol come on (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549929)

fnord_too 11-20-2007 02:57 PM

Re: lol come on

I am beginning to suspect the mods are trying to stack the entries. This thread will reappear with only green applicants on a low traffic day.

Grue 11-20-2007 03:58 PM

lol is this really that hard to figure out? Stoxpoker and deucescracked paid 2p2 to have a coaching forum to attract customers. Jay wants to give away coaching for free. SP/2scracked loses money. 2p2 loses money. 2p2 deletes thread. Shocking.

ImsaKidd 11-20-2007 04:37 PM

Have to agree letting bluemans stake thread stay while jay's thread was moved is [censored] retarded.

I understand some people have financial motives, but how much does jay have to gain? He's been a high stakes player for a long time, he might make a fraction of a buyin, maybe. And he promised it would be free anyway.

kkcountry 11-20-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol is this really that hard to figure out? Stoxpoker and deucescracked paid 2p2 to have a coaching forum to attract customers. Jay wants to give away coaching for free. SP/2scracked loses money. 2p2 loses money. 2p2 deletes thread. Shocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then all coaching threads should be locked/deleted and soliciting coaching services without buying your own forum should be a bannable offense.

sebbb 11-20-2007 07:28 PM

I would be interested in this, should I wait for the thread to come back or send a PM?

TheWorstPlayer 11-20-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in this, should I wait for the thread to come back or send a PM?

[/ QUOTE ]

XXXNoahXXX 11-20-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

11-20-2007 08:02 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

11-20-2007 08:09 PM

Jay. 11-20-2007 08:25 PM

For everyone interested lets wait for the thread to come back

Mason Malmuth 11-20-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this website has so much potential but its like some old crazy man owns it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to be very clear on this. Your calling me old is not appreciated.

MM

XXXNoahXXX 11-20-2007 08:38 PM

MM for admin!

citanul 11-20-2007 08:58 PM

i moved the thread. i told yeti very shortly after the thread was made to tell jay my exact reasons for moving it. i left out one, which i've added to discussion in the mod forum, which any of the mods can feel free to mention here but i don't have time to flesh out now. i'm sorry to jay for the inconvenience, and i'm sorry you think i'm a moron (though to be honest i really don't care). your thread will be moved back relatively soon, and honestly, no harm will be done. i'm sure you also aren't a moron, so you can understand why an action was taken. finally, i don't read the stakaments threads, so i hadn't seen the linking/etc, but i agree that staking threads are soething that should be considered and probably gotten rid of if we're going to be consistent, and definitely the linking has got to go.

kyleb 11-20-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw 2+2 management blows. this community is amazing. they run it like hell.

i dont have time for a full analysis and it should be fully obvious what i mean, but i'll give you four reasons so this isn't called baseless flame

1. whats up with this funky old website? i could go on...

2. any community with this many users worth its salt would add about a million things to this forum and website...one that i can think of right now that should be easy is to add a Ning like social networking component that would allow people to create their own private communities within 2+2, easily and free...they could still serve ads but only people who were invited could view it. pretty sure myspace and facebook also do this. its not hard and if they had a real CEO in place who knew wtf he was doing he'd have this done in about a week.

3. how do they seriously not at least have blogs here for well known community members. not to mention the ability for anybody to create blogs...

4. you ever find a 2+2 thread in a google search with more than 1,000 matches? didn't think so. site is the DEFINITION of bad SEO. seriously. if they are ever looking for a candidate for a business school case study for how to get the least from a hugely popular web property...they'd have to look pretty [censored] hard to find a more compelling example than this website.

this website has so much potential but its like some old crazy man owns it. this crazy dude happens to own prime real estate on the vegas strip cuz he got lucky and won it in a card game with Steve Wynn 20 years ago...but doesn't have the proper combination of time, resources, knowledge and motivation to run it properly. they are not only losing money with this...but they are letting all of us down in some small way too

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god my head

it is starting to ring again

gsdfsdgsdfsdg

tuq 11-20-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MM

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, awesome.

11-20-2007 10:46 PM

NT! 11-20-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can setup an anonymous survey and email every single 2+2 member and ask us what we think of this site. IT SUCKS. REALLY REALLY BAD. maybe in 98 this would pass for acceptable...in 2007 its a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

so leave. people who constantly bitch about a free service make me lol.

i don't know if you heard, but several people are putting in huge amounts of effort to upgrade the site's software as we speak.

Troll_Inc 11-20-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You can setup an anonymous survey and email every single 2+2 member and ask us what we think of this site. IT SUCKS. REALLY REALLY BAD. maybe in 98 this would pass for acceptable...in 2007 its a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

so leave. people who constantly bitch about a free service make me lol.

i don't know if you heard, but several people are putting in huge amounts of effort to upgrade the site's software as we speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are better chances of Pakastani elections

kerowo 11-20-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is both a joke poking fun at the fact that you don't care that I called you crazy, and you saying you DO appreciate the fact that I said all of that. Its all true. If you don't beleive me then why dont you go here

www.constantcontact.com

[/ QUOTE ]

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...2783593750.jpg

R*R 11-20-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is both a joke poking fun at the fact that you don't care that I called you crazy, and you saying you DO appreciate the fact that I said all of that. Its all true. If you don't beleive me then why dont you go here

www.constantcontact.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Who [censored] in your cherrios? Why are you here? With your wealth of knowledge you could obviously find a better place to spend your time.

The Man Mulcahey 11-20-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. whats up with this funky old website? i could go on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? It's a sticky:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12541630

[ QUOTE ]
2. any community with this many users worth its salt would add about a million things to this forum and website...one that i can think of right now that should be easy is to add a Ning like social networking component that would allow people to create their own private communities within 2+2, easily and free...they could still serve ads but only people who were invited could view it. pretty sure myspace and facebook also do this. its not hard and if they had a real CEO in place who knew wtf he was doing he'd have this done in about a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum about poker. Facebook is a social networking site. You should go there.

[ QUOTE ]
3. how do they seriously not at least have blogs here for well known community members. not to mention the ability for anybody to create blogs...

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically, you're mad because 2+2 isn't every site that you frequent combined into one? Makes sense, I guess, because the world revolves around you, right?

[ QUOTE ]
4. you ever find a 2+2 thread in a google search with more than 1,000 matches?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever found ANY thread from any forum with that many matches in Google?

If you have: Why did you look through every page of a Google search?

[ QUOTE ]
didn't think so. site is the DEFINITION of bad SEO. seriously. if they are ever looking for a candidate for a business school case study for how to get the least from a hugely popular web property...they'd have to look pretty [censored] hard to find a more compelling example than this website.

[/ QUOTE ]

This site has 100,000 members, and if you look at the "Who's online" page, you'll see that there are usually at least as many lurkers online as there are regular posters. Currently, there are 400 more lurkers online than there are members.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Successful crazy dude, maybe.

[ QUOTE ]
this crazy dude happens to own prime real estate on the vegas strip cuz he got lucky and won it in a card game with Steve Wynn 20 years ago...but doesn't have the proper combination of time, resources, knowledge and motivation to run it properly. they are not only losing money with this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing money? O rly? You would think he would have shut this site down long ago if he was losing money. Having 4 sponsored forums and a plethora of ads at the top of the page say no to that statement of yours.

[ QUOTE ]
but they are letting all of us down in some small way too

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not letting you down at all because you aren't promised or guaranteed anything when you join. Just leave if you think it's that worthless.

ImsaKidd 11-20-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

www.constantcontact.com

[/ QUOTE ]

If Mason is making less money it doesnt affect me. Let it go, jesus.

Mat Sklansky 11-20-2007 11:50 PM

We actually do intend to spruce things up. And we've moved slowly because the website evolved in ways that were never expected. But we do intend to offer more and at a quicker pace than in the past.

_dave_ 11-21-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We actually do intend to spruce things up. And we've moved slowly because the website evolved in ways that were never expected. But we do intend to offer more and at a quicker pace than in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the Leggopoker site launch, I am really looking forward to this.

vbullitin looks fantastic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Spechel EDD 11-21-2007 12:31 AM

id prefer if this site never changed. i like the layout and look that we have now.

Troll_Inc 11-21-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
id prefer if this site never changed. i like the layout and look that we have now.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I wish someone would bring back telnet too!

PITTM 11-21-2007 01:08 AM

Can we like, downgrade?

benza13 11-21-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we like, downgrade?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?

There's worse software out there?

Josem 11-21-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's worse software out there?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=13054139

11-21-2007 02:53 AM

Mat Sklansky 11-21-2007 02:58 AM

http://www.winostuff.com/Pictures/pic05097.jpg

but really, you're kinda boring.

11-21-2007 03:20 AM

Mat Sklansky 11-21-2007 03:27 AM

For the record, we happen to agree with much of your assessment and are taking action.

Is there something more we should do?

The suggestions put forth by El Diablo and others have not been ignored. If you don't believe changes are taking place, that's your choice. Changes are coming. And it won't be wood paneling. We have heard the chants of our members. Now I can't promise horse penis. And I can't promise bloody penis. But may something strike me in my penis if i lie: we shall have some penis. Somewhere. We shall have some penis.

entertainme 11-21-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but really, you're kinda boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing this picture, I now kind of understand how men feel when someone on TV gets kicked in the balls.

Wowsa, ouchie! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

11-21-2007 03:46 AM

_dave_ 11-21-2007 03:46 AM

Mat = awesome.. fantastic post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Labarde 11-21-2007 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, we happen to agree with much of your assessment and are taking action.

Is there something more we should do?

The suggestions put forth by El Diablo and others have not been ignored. If you don't believe changes are taking place, that's your choice. Changes are coming. And it won't be wood paneling. We have heard the chants of our members. Now I can't promise horse penis. And I can't promise bloody penis. But may something strike me in my penis if i lie: we shall have some penis. Somewhere. We shall have some penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are my new favourite poster

kyleb 11-21-2007 03:51 AM

Wally,

WTF is your point. Everyone knows 2+2 is monetized like crap and that the people in charge haven't given a damn for over four years. You're beating a dead horse. It doesn't make you look like a genius.

11-21-2007 04:07 AM

entertainme 11-21-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't post on 2+2 to feel better about myself. I said earlier in the thread I had to go. I should have said 'i have to go unless Mason and Mat come into this thread and have an open discussion about what i've said. ok, 2+2 temporarily has my undivided attention. i'll offer anything i can to help...if they tell me to stfu, thats what i'll do as well. i haven't heard either of them say that yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your basically saying here is you've cleared your schedule to set the 2p2 world to rights at 3:18 AM EDT and you expect a command performance from the admins to discuss your concerns, (which will be expressed with condescension and name calling of course.)

-insert suitable comment about the arrogance of poker players here-