Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549861)

colonel81 11-19-2007 05:31 PM

Re: Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

fargo

B.) Two special concurrent experimental deer bow seasons will be held in portions of the city of Fargo and adjacent areas, including privately owned land. A maximum of 45 antlerless deer bow permits (available from the Department) will be issued for hunting in the city of Fargo and adjacent areas. The bag limit shall be two antlerless white-tailed deer for each Fargo City Deer Management Permit. Specific details, including season dates and areas open to hunting, will be determined by the city of Fargo. Hunters who desire to hunt within the city limits of Fargo must receive a Deer Management Permit from the city of Fargo prior to being issued licenses from the Game and Fish Department. Hunters must submit applications to the Department’s Bismarck office along with a copy of their Fargo City Deer Management Permit and $20 for each license. Any unissued permits remaining after Nov. 1, 2007, can be purchased by FCDMP holders on a first come, first served basis.

h_ven 11-19-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pics of 9pt buck or you're lying like the majority of deer-hunters

[/ QUOTE ]

A 9 point is actually just a 4X5. People from Minnesota always say it wrong. If the shot a 6X6 they call it a 12 point... I think you get the picture.

I hate it when people do that.

kipin 11-19-2007 05:55 PM

Thanks for helping to control the deer population OP!

A lot of you guys don't seem to understand that the more deer hunters kill, the less of them there are to run into and kill you in a car accident.

siouxbrew 11-19-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fargo

B.) Two special concurrent experimental deer bow seasons will be held in portions of the city of Fargo and adjacent areas, including privately owned land. A maximum of 45 antlerless deer bow permits (available from the Department) will be issued for hunting in the city of Fargo and adjacent areas. The bag limit shall be two antlerless white-tailed deer for each Fargo City Deer Management Permit. Specific details, including season dates and areas open to hunting, will be determined by the city of Fargo. Hunters who desire to hunt within the city limits of Fargo must receive a Deer Management Permit from the city of Fargo prior to being issued licenses from the Game and Fish Department. Hunters must submit applications to the Department’s Bismarck office along with a copy of their Fargo City Deer Management Permit and $20 for each license. Any unissued permits remaining after Nov. 1, 2007, can be purchased by FCDMP holders on a first come, first served basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice im in grand forks, you just going to school there or you grew up there?

Ephialtes 11-19-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate you

[/ QUOTE ]

holland3r 11-19-2007 06:15 PM

Venison jerky does sound delicious. . .

colonel81 11-19-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fargo

[/ QUOTE ]

nice im in grand forks, you just going to school there or you grew up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

grew up in crookston first year of school at UND (too much drinking), now at NDSU. I got some really good friends up there and will be coming up there watch some women's basketball (beat good friend plays) and hockey.

Quicksilvre 11-19-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and rehabilitate them rather than killing healthy ones [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Killing healthy ones is part of keeping an entire ecosystem healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...the deer population in some places is absolutely crazy. Deer in North America really don't have any major predators anymore other than humans.

Also, they are very tasty, as mentioned.

Jay Riall 11-19-2007 06:32 PM

[censored] me I hate liberals soo much.

To all you annoying pricks - if you get slugs/rats/roaches in your house, do you kill them? Hows that different to killing a deer (which is probably eaten afterwards)?

jupiterpig 11-19-2007 06:39 PM

I hit a deer with my truck once

Grasshopp3r 11-19-2007 06:43 PM

Mine was a 12 point mulie that I shot 2 years ago. It was delicious. This year I shot a cow elk, but no photos.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...r/IMG_0065.jpg

jupiterpig 11-19-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine was a 12 point mulie that I shot 2 years ago. It was delicious. This year I shot a cow elk, but no photos.

[/ QUOTE ]

why did u let the deer run through you?

Grasshopp3r 11-19-2007 07:38 PM

It almost did, but I shot it when it veered off at about 20 yards. Of course, it then rolled down an arroyo that I had to drag it out. It was about 225 lbs after gutting, so that was a struggle.

Droogie 11-19-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is the tip of your penis sticking out off it's mouth? Perv...

Quicksilvre 11-19-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why did u let the deer run through you?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

OP, what kinds of plans do you have for the meat--I mean, after you and your family is done chomping down the fresh stuff (you lucky bastards)? Do you have freezer room or have you got some preservation ideas in mind?

keikiwai 11-19-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of you guys don't seem to understand that the more deer hunters kill, the less of them there are to run into and kill you in a car accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, hunting is deer is a good thing, since we've killed off most of the wolves

all you putzes who talk about rehabilitating sick animals should go help out with the wolves... there's programs that do that sort of thing

less deer, more wolves imo

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, hunting is deer is a good thing, since we've killed off most of the wolves

all you putzes who talk about rehabilitating sick animals should go help out with the wolves... there's programs that do that sort of thing

less deer, more wolves imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolves are mean animals though. Only the cute, fluffy onmivorous animals deserve our help!

octopi 11-20-2007 03:02 AM

Brag: Deer stroganoff.

Beat: Apartment freezer full, more deer and moose on the way. Also, deer gas. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

joes28 11-20-2007 03:09 AM

people bitching have no idea how big of a problem deer overpopulation is in some parts of the midwest... where i live it is a hudge problem, and not just for cars.

Futtocked 11-20-2007 03:18 AM

hunting is so stupid. there's other ways to kill [censored] you know

furyshade 11-20-2007 03:21 AM

http://unclemeat.files.wordpress.com.../foxworthy.png

Borodog 11-20-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and rehabilitate them rather than killing healthy ones [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's so much more satisfying to kill 'em once you've rehabbed 'em yourself.

Conspire 11-20-2007 03:23 AM

I cant wait to eat some venison bratwurst this year.

Yum Yum

Conspire

Chump Change 11-20-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

To all you annoying pricks - if you get slugs/rats/roaches in your house, do you kill them? Hows that different to killing a deer (which is probably eaten afterwards)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had forgotten for a little while but you just reminded me. You're really really dumb.

Chump Change 11-20-2007 03:31 AM

Deer hunters,

How common is it for the deer to not be consumed after the hunt? I think that's what people are up in arms about, not distinguishing bewteen the two.

furyshade 11-20-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by that logic, why not just hunt people? i dont give a [censored] about hunting fwiw i just think your logic is stupid, deers are closer to people than slugs are to deer

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had forgotten for a little while but you just reminded me. You're really really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to avoid the question.

colonel81 11-20-2007 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by that logic, why not just hunt people? i dont give a [censored] about hunting fwiw i just think your logic is stupid, deers are closer to people than slugs are to deer

[/ QUOTE ] http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/360...chment3jm3.jpg

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about rats to deer? Why is it acceptable to kill a rat but not a deer? What has a deer done to deserve this honour? Where do you draw the line?

Chump Change 11-20-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to avoid the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not against the hunting so I didn't think to answer, but you really can't see the difference between killing something invading your home and going to the home of a creature and killing it?

Plus the whole liberal thing was bonus dumb. What does that have to do with this?

Chump Change 11-20-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about rats to deer? Why is it acceptable to kill a rat but not a deer? What has a deer done to deserve this honour? Where do you draw the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

If a deer pulled a home invasion on me and starting sleeping in my bed and eating my food I might kill it if other forms on negotiation didn't work first.

You're like bending time and space with your dumbness.

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 03:48 AM

So its ok to kill a creature for eating the plants in your garden, but its not ok to kill an animal for causing traffic accidents which kill a significant number of human beings? Good logic.

furyshade 11-20-2007 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So its ok to kill a creature for eating the plants in your garden, but its not ok to kill an animal for causing traffic accidents which kill a significant number of human beings? Good logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

to play devil's advocate, rats are a pest that contribute nothing except to carry disease, deer help to reduce over population of plants. there have been instances in which over hunting of deer has lead to plants/trees dying due to over crowding.

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to play devil's advocate, rats are a pest that contribute nothing except to carry disease, deer help to reduce over population of plants. there have been instances in which over hunting of deer has lead to plants/trees dying due to over crowding.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have also been cases of areas being grossly overpopulated with deer and having all the new trees, plants and crops eaten totally screwing whole ecosystems.

DING-DONG YO 11-20-2007 09:26 AM

solid brag, OP.

CC, most hunters consume their meat and mount the bucs. Most of the deer is used.

What are you using, OP? Real men bow hunt.

Plogo 11-20-2007 09:33 AM

Brag: I shot 3 humans while vacationing in an eastern European country. 2 5ks and 1 15k.

Prices were:
1k - Mexican Immigrant
5k - Iranian
10k - Frenchman
15k - New York Yankees fan
50k - EricW

THEOSU 11-20-2007 09:40 AM

deer for mod, srsly.

HesseJam 11-20-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm even more annoying. I won't even kill a slug, a spider, a rat nor a roach. I'll catch them alive and bring them outside. Have yet to catch a wild rat. Shouldn't be too difficult though.

I am eating dead animals though. So killing for that purpose is fine. I won't start bragging when I fetch deer from the supermarket and probably neither should you when you shoot them with a rifle.

Jay Riall 11-20-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't start bragging when I fetch deer from the supermarket and probably neither should you when you shoot them with a rifle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to brag about shooting a deer if thats what you're into (I'm not fwiw)? It takes a lot of time and effort along with good stalking/tracking skills to shoot a deer.

I shot a pheasant (dunno if you have these - big flying turkey-like things) once. It took me skill (good chance it was pure luck actually tbh) and patience to shoot this bird, and I made an awesome stew out of it - why can't I be proud of shooting it?

Richard Tanner 11-20-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deer hunters,

How common is it for the deer to not be consumed after the hunt? I think that's what people are up in arms about, not distinguishing bewteen the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hunt with my dad (he's killed over 55 in his 10 years of hunting, my number is noticably smaller) and we eat everything we kill. We keep the racks off the bucks but we don't "trophy hunt".

If we have more meat then we, or our family and friends can use, then we give the meat to designated homeless shelters that will put the meat to good use.

Cody