Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Barry Bonds indicted (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547053)

PITTM 11-15-2007 06:44 PM

Re: Barry Bonds indicted

okay so here is their case for prejury.

bonds: "i never knowingly took steroids"
grand jury: "sweet, we found he took steroids, indictment time"
judge with a clue: "wtf are you retards wasting my time for with this crap?"

Pudge714 11-15-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weird that it took 4 years if there are test showing he took steroids...

[/ QUOTE ]
and 2 failed indictments.

THAY3R 11-15-2007 06:45 PM

Looks like all of our tax dollars may have finally paid off!

Hooray an indictment!!!

NoChance 11-15-2007 06:45 PM

Nothing has changed. He still did not knowingly take anything. I doubt they will prove anything.

PITTM 11-15-2007 06:46 PM

If this case wins I am going to start suing people for emotional distress for breathing air I could have otherwise been breathing.

tuq 11-15-2007 06:48 PM

LFS, dude when we were hanging out in LA you never said anything about owning a bridge in NYC!

THAYER, is that really a picture of you in the waffle crush ATF thread? I thought that other guy was Alex Jacob.

dkgojackets 11-15-2007 06:53 PM

I hate this guy.

johnnylovescandy 11-15-2007 06:53 PM

His blood tested positive for perjury. He's gonna hang 20yrs to life.

niss 11-15-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's really simple.

Except for one thing. They allege that there were positive test results. Presumably, those test results were provided to Mr. Bonds, and were provided to him when the results came back. Presumably, then, if he didn't know he was taking steroids via the clear and the cream when he first took them, he sure did afterward. He continued to take them, yet testified that he had no idea they were steroids. Doubtful.

I assume there is proof that Bonds was aware of the test results. It's hard to believe that there were tests taken -- by anyone -- and he was not given the results.

Edge34 11-15-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's really simple.

Except for one thing. They allege that there were positive test results. Presumably, those test results were provided to Mr. Bonds, and were provided to him when the results came back. Presumably, then, if he didn't know he was taking steroids via the clear and the cream when he first took them, he sure did afterward. He continued to take them, yet testified that he had no idea they were steroids. Doubtful.

I assume there is proof that Bonds was aware of the test results. It's hard to believe that there were tests taken -- by anyone -- and he was not given the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget, they've been leaning on Greg Anderson for quite some time now. Now, I don't know if they've got him, and even if they do there will be people skeptical of it because of how long he's been quiet. We're going to find out lots of things in the next 6 months, though. Should be interesting.

niss 11-15-2007 06:58 PM

Someone in my office asked about Anderson rolling. I'd be surprised if he got released from jail without anyone knowing it.

I'm sure they've got people who will testify to seeing Anderson injecting Bonds (if not Anderson himself). If that's the case, he's going to be cooked on that count alone.

Jack of Arcades 11-15-2007 07:01 PM

Absolutely ridiculous, took them long enough. Let's see where this goes.

offTopic 11-15-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(on a serious note)

apparently part of the evidence is positive tests on Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be, I dunno, interesting if it was an MLB test. Would that mean he actually failed a test but the feds told MLB to keep it quiet in order to pursue their case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what other tests there would be. blood samples Balco had?

[/ QUOTE ]

Swabbed Kimberly Bell's mouth LDO

tuq 11-15-2007 07:02 PM

Man there's gonna be asterisks flying around this bitch like it was OOT back in the day.

Pudge714 11-15-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone in my office asked about Anderson rolling. I'd be surprised if he got released from jail without anyone knowing it.

I'm sure they've got people who will testify to seeing Anderson injecting Bonds (if not Anderson himself). If that's the case, he's going to be cooked on that count alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bonds will obv hire hitmen to prevent people from testifying.

MikeyPatriot 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roid rage, amirite?

istewart 11-15-2007 07:05 PM

Party at DrewDevil's.

NoChance 11-15-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OJ is unavailable.

siccjay 11-15-2007 07:06 PM

I am so tired of hearing about this crap. If I was Barry I would just buy an island and move there by myself.

Borgland 11-15-2007 07:06 PM

Couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

Too bad they waited until after he broke the record.

tarheeljks 11-15-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(on a serious note)

apparently part of the evidence is positive tests on Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

did they just become available?

why the [censored] did it take 3GJ to get an indictment

[/ QUOTE ]

probably b/c the leaked testimony skewed what evidence could be used towards the indictment

disclaimer: i'm not a lawyer.

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg: Barry would never do that. He would never do anything like that to jeopardize our friendship.

tuq 11-15-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so tired of hearing about this crap. If I was Barry I would just buy an island and move there by myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alcatraz obv.

Nonfiction 11-15-2007 07:09 PM

So how quickly does this become a race issue? I expect to hear Sharpton on the news any day now crying that this is only an issue because Bonds is black.

timmay28 11-15-2007 07:17 PM

Bonds is innocent, they just trynna put a brotha down

Hold'em 07 11-15-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how quickly does this become a race issue? I expect to hear Sharpton on the news any day now crying that this is only an issue because Bonds is black.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would only happen if Ruth was #1.

sylar 11-15-2007 07:24 PM

so glad, since it means there's no way the steinbrenners will touch him with a 10 foot pole

seriously where's redbean?

Leaky Eye 11-15-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During the criminal investigation, evidence was obtained including positive tests for the use of anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing substances for Bonds and other professional athletes

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what? WTF is that doing in there and how could it possibly relate to Bonds?

O Fen�meno 11-15-2007 07:26 PM

all over sportscenter right now

IrishHand 11-15-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you believe Bonds took performance-enhancing drugs?
86.9% Yes
9.3% Not enough information to make a judgment
3.7% No

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Americans are smarter than I thought...no, wait, believing the obvious is hardly a sign of intelligence. Nevermind...

(Note: From ESPN.com)

Pudge714 11-15-2007 07:31 PM

I am shocked this is the front story on SI.com
Edit: Also ESPN hired Mark Faindru-Wada earlier this week. ZOMG CONSPIRACY THEORY

Needle77 11-15-2007 07:32 PM

When is the NCAA going to come under fire for pathetic testing in football?

J.R. 11-15-2007 07:34 PM

FWIW the charges are not all predicated on Bond's denying the use of steroids.

Count 1 (steroids and testosterone prior to 2001 season) and Count 3 (growth hormone and testosterone prior to 2002 seaosn) deal with denial of knowing getting/discussing illegal PEDS with Anderson.

However:

Count 2 (perjury) deals with Bonds' denial he was ever injected with anything by Anderson or Anderson's associates.

Count 4 (perjury) deals with when he was given the cream by Anderson, which Bonds insisted was prior to 2003 season.

Count 5 (obstruction of justice via perjury is predicated on proof of any of the first 4 counts of perjury to a federal grand jury)

Thus he could be convicted of Counts 2, 2 and 5 without it being proven he knowingly took steroids.

Riverman 11-15-2007 07:34 PM

odds of a trial?

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 07:36 PM

Lester Munson just said odds of a trial were very high

MDoranD 11-15-2007 07:36 PM

i feel like today should be a national holiday. Followed with a 2nd holiday when he goes to jail for the max 30 yrs imo

TMTTR 11-15-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
odds of a trial?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say about 80% --

No cameras in federal courtrooms so we will likely see lots of talking heads outside a government building in San Francisco for the next year.

Todd Terry 11-15-2007 07:39 PM

Whoever questioned Bonds in the grand jury did a terrible job of pinning him down and getting him to directly answer the questions put to him, which is very important in later proving perjury. His answers wander all over the place, and include a bunch of "not that I recalls".

I'm not saying the prosecution can't win, but from a purely legal standpoint the case looks rather flimsy, which presumably explains why it wasn't brought for many years.

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like today should be a national holiday. Followed with a 2nd holiday when he goes to jail for the max 30 yrs imo

[/ QUOTE ]

And Vick should be sentenced to death, amirite?

MDoranD 11-15-2007 07:40 PM

obv