Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Best MSNL Coaches (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546400)

chumofchance 11-15-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Best MSNL Coaches

wiltontilt ftw!

wuwei 11-15-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much does BobboFitos charge? Anyone work with him? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working with Rob for a couple months now, and I think he does a great job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many sessions have you had with him? What aspects of your game do you think he improved the most? rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his rates are these days, they were going up about the time I started working with him.

We have done 5 sessions thus far. Areas of improvement? I think my preflop game is much better than it was, primarily in the area of 3-bet pots. It suprised me just how valuable his preflop lessons were. Postflop, we are just getting started. My bet-sizing on the flop is better than it was a week ago, and I think I've improved my understanding of the decision to bet/check the flop in some spots. I expect a lot more improvement as we move through more lessons.

The thing about Rob is that he's different from the other coaches who provide sweat and feedback - I would imagine that most of the coaches who provide that service (and do it well) are going to give the student more immediate improvement than Rob does. However, I also expect that once I complete his full lesson plan, my money will have been much better spent with him than it would be on most other coaches. In the longrun, I should be a much better poker thinker and poker player.

You'll have to follow up with me in a couple months to find out if I still feel that way once we're done.

coxquinn 11-15-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MDMA is the best, TheMetetron is a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to be mature!

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMetetron is the extremely good. He truly cared about my development as a player and more than anything taught me the correct thought process on each hand. So I understand not just that I should make a play, but why I am making that play.

Paul B. 11-15-2007 05:39 PM

If you guys want, I will let you "coach" me for like 15-30 minutes and I will post about the experience in this thread. I doubt I will learn anything substantial but I like to see different playing styles, and in return I will write an honest unbiased review that may give you extra business.

markuisis 11-15-2007 05:50 PM

What about beluga whale or chaostracize, r they good? has any1 had the more expensive 3bet.net coaches (cts, bldswttrs, whitelime)?

DMoogle 11-15-2007 05:57 PM

I've heard from two people that cts is an extremely good coach.

Pudge714 11-15-2007 06:21 PM

I think there should be a second thread who's advice should I take when discussing good coaches.

Slider 11-15-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id like info on this too, am gnna have lesson w billyjex later ontonite, let u kno how tht goes

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived with him for a year now and can easily say that he helped my game more than anyone. I lived with CTS and Dan Bright too.

For the value, I don't think you can do better.

aufbruch 11-15-2007 06:40 PM

I've had 7 sessions with billyjex since September and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Basically everything you want in a coach (good thinker, good communication, makes himself available, encouraging, personable etc. etc.).

Bryan15 11-15-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much does BobboFitos charge? Anyone work with him? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working with Rob for a couple months now, and I think he does a great job.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many sessions have you had with him? What aspects of your game do you think he improved the most? rates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what his rates are these days, they were going up about the time I started working with him.

We have done 5 sessions thus far. Areas of improvement? I think my preflop game is much better than it was, primarily in the area of 3-bet pots. It suprised me just how valuable his preflop lessons were. Postflop, we are just getting started. My bet-sizing on the flop is better than it was a week ago, and I think I've improved my understanding of the decision to bet/check the flop in some spots. I expect a lot more improvement as we move through more lessons.

The thing about Rob is that he's different from the other coaches who provide sweat and feedback - I would imagine that most of the coaches who provide that service (and do it well) are going to give the student more immediate improvement than Rob does. However, I also expect that once I complete his full lesson plan, my money will have been much better spent with him than it would be on most other coaches. In the longrun, I should be a much better poker thinker and poker player.

You'll have to follow up with me in a couple months to find out if I still feel that way once we're done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good, thanks
How many weeks his entire program?

Gary Stevenson 11-15-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be a second thread who's advice should I take when discussing good coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

FoxwoodsFiend 11-15-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont want to get into specifics, but at the time i was using him he didnt make himself very available and i didn't get the feeling like he ever really cared about my development. Don't get me wrong, he is a brilliant poker player, i just had a bad experience with him.

no hard feelings or w.e

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is fair. i honestly just remembered i ever coached you the other day when i said "creative" and was like "oh snap what ever happened to me coaching him?" at the time I was coaching like 4 new people and I was also constantly traveling because I had no permanent place of residence and you kind of fell through the cracks. It's definitely unfortunate but now I'm not moving around so much and have actually been coaching about 5 people pretty regularly, so I think the fact that I have students take lessons with me for months at a time is more telling than this one bad experience. I think our coaching started off with the worst possible timing and I apologize for that.

jimmyhat1000 11-15-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i tired out vickisgod for like 2-3 sessions and he wasnt v committed to helping, wouldnt recommend him.

[/ QUOTE ]

VickIsGod is foxwoodsfiend. Ive had him for ages, got coaching in late March/April this year when i was beating 200nl but realy struggling with 400nl, in the space of 2-3 weeks he took me from 1bb/100 over 50k hand winner at 2/4 to top of all the datamines for 2/4 on Party. Got coaching from him for about 3-4 months, eventually for 5.10, and again took me from realy struggling with the game to solid winner.

Shame you had a bad experience with him as he's an extremely good coach and i would highly reccomend him to anyone.

steel108 11-15-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was evident in his first CardRunner's video

Novles 11-15-2007 09:32 PM

Metetron said he coaches by having the student record a 1 hour vid and he watches and re-records with his own thoughts input into the vid. Love the concept, was wondering if anyone else did this?

TheMetetron 11-15-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Metetron said he coaches by having the student record a 1 hour vid and he watches and re-records with his own thoughts input into the vid. Love the concept, was wondering if anyone else did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the idea from The_Bryce. He is a limit player though.

TheMetetron 11-15-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was evident in his first CardRunner's video

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I imagine CTS would be a really good coach and if I decide to get one eventually, he would be near the top of the list.

philipsaurus 11-15-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does this sort of method infuse some unconscious result oriented thinking into things?

jsnipes28 11-15-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive thought about doing this for people and i think its a great idea. i dont see why he wouldnt just charge his hourly coaching rate and charge an hour worth for 45 minutes of video or something. esp since you could record your thoughts like if u didnt have internet or somewhere where you didnt even have the opportunity cost of playing

xd40 11-15-2007 11:36 PM

someone talked about slider, i have only 2 sessions with him but he has been always available for discussion and has shown a lot of interest in my development. i do have isura for a while and his structure is not the usual sweating, instead we discuss about specific prepared topics which imo is better use of time.. I definitely recomend both

MatthewRyan 11-15-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does this sort of method infuse some unconscious result oriented thinking into things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably unavoidable to a small extent; the better the coach the less extent.

FionnMac 11-15-2007 11:40 PM

can anyone (or the man himself) comfirm whether MDMA is coaching and what he charges these days?

monkeyman_ 11-16-2007 12:55 AM

he's $500/hr but i'm pretty sure he's not accepting any new students at the moment..

TheMetetron 11-16-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive thought about doing this for people and i think its a great idea. i dont see why he wouldnt just charge his hourly coaching rate and charge an hour worth for 45 minutes of video or something. esp since you could record your thoughts like if u didnt have internet or somewhere where you didnt even have the opportunity cost of playing

[/ QUOTE ]

What both The_Bryce and I do with it is watch the video, takes notes, compose some topics to talk about, then record the audio. It takes about 3 times the length of the video to do this.

It takes longer but you get a much higher quality product then just me watching the video and giving my comments on the spot. Some might prefer the quick and cheap way, I think my students get a better experience this way, however as it allows me to see their play and take it in as a whole before making comments. I'm not opposed to changing this in the future if the feedback is bad though.

For the guy that said something about results-oriented thinking coming out of this. I pause the video at every decision to write down what I would do in this spot. Only after doing this do I unpause the video. There are times I tell the player to make a fold and they call and snap off a bluff; I don't change my recommendation in the video here even though I was wrong that time.

ahnuld 11-16-2007 01:23 AM

I want patrick as a coach. That boy's got the devil in him.

xorbie 11-16-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to do the same, FWIW.

coxquinn 11-16-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What both The_Bryce and I do with it is watch the video, takes notes, compose some topics to talk about, then record the audio. It takes about 3 times the length of the video to do this.

It takes longer but you get a much higher quality product then just me watching the video and giving my comments on the spot. Some might prefer the quick and cheap way, I think my students get a better experience this way, however as it allows me to see their play and take it in as a whole before making comments. I'm not opposed to changing this in the future if the feedback is bad though.

For the guy that said something about results-oriented thinking coming out of this. I pause the video at every decision to write down what I would do in this spot. Only after doing this do I unpause the video. There are times I tell the player to make a fold and they call and snap off a bluff; I don't change my recommendation in the video here even though I was wrong that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol The Metetron coaches the exact opposite of results oriented thinking. I think just having to record a video in the first place and talk out hands for an hour gets forces you to think about hands/theory and less about results.

Fabian 11-16-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried this too, with good results. Except I don't record new audio, I send back a text file to save time, I think my students appreciate the cheaper price (I charge an hour for a lot more than an hour's work), but I'd definitely consider changing it.

As far as results oriented thinking goes, most of the time I'll pause the video on each individual street I'm commenting or whatever, so most of the commenting on a particular hand is done once it gets to showdown.

AceCR9 11-16-2007 03:17 AM

considering getting a coach, mostly for 6m(prob geared towards 10/20 rather than 5/10). would really appreciate some recommendations for higher limit coaches(prob playing 25/50+ now).

whats sorta unusual is I've been doing very well lately, but know I could definitely improve my 6max game a lot.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-16-2007 03:26 AM

i'm not even going to say anything in this thread

MatthewRyan 11-16-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$350/per

there I did it for u

d2themfi 11-16-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

350/hr????

edit mathew got it first damn

DefiNe 11-16-2007 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had a 2 hr ssnl session with Slider (with some more 1hr ones to follow.)

It was extremely useful, he is right on the ball. I came away with a ton of new ideas and thoughts... from lines (thinking outside the box), to studying techniques, to improving upon my thought processes while playing etc. I only wish I recorded the session! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

AceCR9 11-16-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$350/per

there I did it for u

[/ QUOTE ]

also AE is def the best coach mentioned in this thread(not that ive gotten coaching, but what isnt he the best at?)

Gary Stevenson 11-16-2007 05:44 AM

i offer railtard coaching for the same price as AE [censored] JONES, $350/hr. fonkey can vouch for my credentials. i have 4 years experience railing the biggest games online. pm me for info

also, at the rate i'm goin wrt to playing poker and unsuccessful shots, i might be back to being a pro railtard soon

jsnipes28 11-16-2007 05:58 AM

I OFFER HU COACHING FOR 250-300 HR, GUARANTEED U WILL BE A WINNER AT AT LEAST 3/6 IF U ARE NOT RETARDED. PM OR IM ME

DanJ. 11-16-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
considering getting a coach, mostly for 6m(prob geared towards 10/20 rather than 5/10). would really appreciate some recommendations for higher limit coaches(prob playing 25/50+ now).

whats sorta unusual is I've been doing very well lately, but know I could definitely improve my 6max game a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

aditya 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I OFFER HU COACHING FOR 250-300 HR, GUARANTEED U WILL BE A WINNER AT AT LEAST 3/6 IF U ARE NOT RETARDED. PM OR IM ME

[/ QUOTE ]

I pm'ed you, but I didn't get a reply. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Maybe you thought I was joking?

Requin 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Heh same, school will eb easing off a little for me come january and I want to play some more cards

Jeffmet3 11-16-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'll offer the same at $300 an hour.

heads up poker is easy