Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545647)

Anacardo 11-14-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it's a pretty hilarious shirt, if you eliminate all context.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq 11-14-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...to-the-ground/

[/ QUOTE ]
The shirt is funny and the URL is downright hilarious. Like anyone is going to make a connection to burning Lawrence to the ground "because it was founded to make Kansas a free state and abolish slavery in the US" unless it is pointed out to them, including people wearing the shirt. Jayhawk please.

MuresanForMVP 11-14-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that reminds me of the time I got ahold of JJ Redick's phone #,called him on a saturday night, and he picked up. Funnnyyyy.

Mizzou fans sound like complete douchebags, why don't more people know about this? Reminds me of the time a bunch of those fa gs from Duke held up baggies filled with powdered sugar, because Juan Dixon's parents were drug addicts who died of AIDS. Completely uncalled for

Case Closed 11-14-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

[/ QUOTE ]

MUST

RESIST

POLITICS

HIJACK

[/ QUOTE ]
Just take a deep breath PVN, you can do it. It was not easy for me either.

MuresanForMVP 11-14-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As it is, this is incredibly douchey. Not just for the women and children thing, but also for the South vs. North thing. To me, anything that somehow shows support for the Confederate states is the epitomy of douchebaggery (i.e. hanging a Confederate flag).

[/ QUOTE ]

MUST

RESIST

POLITICS

HIJACK

[/ QUOTE ]
Just take a deep breath PVN, you can do it. It was not easy for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Politards are funny, definitely some of the most entertaining people on 2p2

Case Closed 11-14-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, it's a pretty hilarious shirt, if you eliminate all context.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, with no historical consequence this is a funny shirt. I really think the quote on the back puts it way over the top. The front is a pretty edgy joke, while the back seems to step over that line of creating humor to just creating hate. I am not saying that was the intention of these kids when they made these shirts, that's just how it comes across.

UATrewqaz 11-14-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The infamous Colorado 5th down? That was against Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Colorado for that because it costed GT the championship. Tech finished undefeated, Colorado actually lost three games that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ga. Tech got a share of the title that year and most people consider them the real champions in 1990 because of the 5th down thing, I know I do.

MicroBob 11-14-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone time I have driven through it it has been filled w/ hillbilly's and child-beaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Kansas is the epitome of culture and class?

MicroBob 11-14-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know much about the KU/Missouri rivalry, but why are is Missouri getting bashed for a few classless fans. Doesn't everyone have those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but some fan groups are clearly worse than others, think Oakland Raiders.

Missouri has a fan group called the "Antlers." They wear dresses for every game and do goofy dances. They call players and coaches in the middle of the night all week leading up to games. They also hold up signs with the phone numbers of players, and their girlfriends.

So far, not all that bad, other than the dresses. They also come up with chants to taunt Nick Collison about his recently deceased grandfather. They make signs making fun of Roy Williams's deceased mother. There's also that time they were playing the Razorbacks and were at the team hotel as Arkansas was arriving with a pig's head on top of their car. They pull all kinds of tasteless crap over there.

And, don't even get me started on their cokehead former coach, Quinn Snyder. Or how they named their basketball arena after a 20-something girl who never attended their university or did anything of note (besides cheat through college leading Missouri to rename the arena).

Or Ricky Clemons who assaulted and choked a girl for not watching Roots with him, and had frequent conversations with the University president's wife who gave him such advice as "avoid dating white women" and hilariously made famous the phrase "them crackas be shakin" when referring to Mizzou administration.

Basically they've won one Big 12 title in it's 12 year history, women's softball. The short man complex makes for some ugly fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGZZZZ
Kansas has that BTK serial killer!!
Kansas is the name of a really crappy 70's rock band!!
Their Jayhawk mascot is weird and ugly looking!!!
Their football coach is ridiculously obese!!

tdarko 11-14-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they didn't make the shirt for one. But on another note, Lawrence is an awesome town--went there on a recruiting trip and was surprised at how great that place is. There are some great places in Kansas, I know some people from Overland Park and that area is "class." We played at Mizzou (ugh) when I was at Neb and I have driven all through that state, it sucks--this isn't to say much of Kansas isn't a dustbowl but there are definitely some great parts to it.

damaniac 11-14-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone time I have driven through it it has been filled w/ hillbilly's and child-beaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Redneck fight!

MicroBob 11-14-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they didn't make the shirt for one. But on another note, Lawrence is an awesome town--went there on a recruiting trip and was surprised at how great that place is. There are some great places in Kansas, I know some people from Overland Park and that area is "class." We played at Mizzou (ugh) when I was at Neb and I have driven all through that state, it sucks--this isn't to say much of Kansas isn't a dustbowl but there are definitely some great parts to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there are and I'm sure I could have a good time in various parts of Kansas.
I'm just messing around as I really don't give much of a crap about either state and I just think it's funny to see someone who is so violently anti-Missouri.
It's like their own short-man complex I think.
They aren't OSU/Michigan but they're going to find as many reasons as they can to hate each other anyway.

My only experience with Columbia, MO was with a broken-down bus and waiting in a freezing gas-station parking-lot for 7 hours. We were making an overnight hockey trip from Wichita to Indianapolis and broke down at 5am or something right there in Mizzou country.
So as far as I'm concerned...MIZZOU SUCKS!!!

grando 11-14-2007 03:21 PM

why don't you guys just have a duel to determine the winner?

monster truck rally?

drag race?

GED scores?

come on....COME ONNNNN

Leaky Eye 11-14-2007 03:25 PM

This shirt is funny. There is no reason Mizzou can't taunt kansas about burning their town without supporting slavery. Due to the sandy kansas vaginas on display here I will now be supporting Mizzou.

dkgojackets 11-14-2007 03:28 PM

Seriously. At first I wanted Kansas to go undefeated. Good story. Now I want them to get blown out because their fans seem like nitty d-bags with no balls and a visible inferiority complex.

suzzer99 11-14-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Missouri becaue I thought Doug Smith was the [censored] back when I first really got into college basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah Doug Smith - incredible athlete, sweet 10 foot jumper - missed half his layups. Only Mizzou could find a way to be mediocre with Doug Smith and Anthony Peeler on the same team. A buddy of mine said he used to party hardcore with Peeler all the time, including with Peeler and some other players the night before the Oklahoma game one year. Everyone involved had a horrible game the next day.

I'm from KC. Most of my buddies are MU fans. I think I'm rooting for KU in this one though. Whoever wins I'll be rooting for them over OU, which means OU has a 99.9999% chance of winning. I also wouldn't be surprised if MU loses at K-State this weekend and/or OU loses at Texas Tech. The Big 12 has a way of shooting itself in the foot late in the season.

This year reminds me of the year MU/KU/OU were 1-2-3 in basketball for a decent chunk of the season. That was the Tyus Edny year I believe. More fun memories...

MyTurn2Raise 11-14-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The infamous Colorado 5th down? That was against Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Colorado for that because it costed GT the championship. Tech finished undefeated, Colorado actually lost three games that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Colorado's actual loss that year in person

Jason Verduzco and Illinois FTW

dkgojackets 11-14-2007 03:36 PM

that year was so rigged

Ditch Digger 11-14-2007 03:56 PM

Though the massacre was bloody and a bit cowardly, they killed non military men, there were no women or children killed. Also, they were avenging the deaths of a handful of women(some were wives and/or relatives of the confederate raiders) that the jayhawks had captured and may have accidently killed in prison.

The shirt is tacky but the rivalry is ruthless. I would laugh if you actually believe that KU fans wouldn't have done the same thing if they had thought of it first.

Wes Mantooth 11-14-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"obese" is becoming politically incorrect, now its being replaced with "weight challenged"

Rubeskies 11-14-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"obese" is becoming politically incorrect, now its being replaced with "gravitationally challenged"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

AngusThermopyle 11-14-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're embracing a violent pro-slavery mob that killed innocent women and children for the sake of continuing to oppress an entire race. Real respectable folks out there in Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real educated folks in Kansas.

Women and children killed in the raid: 0, as in "none"
Only a quarter of the town was burned.
Payback for Union raid on Osceola and for the deaths of 5 Missouri women held in an unsafe Kansas City building which collapsed.

MyTurn2Raise 11-14-2007 04:16 PM

it all goes back to Osawatomie Brown

dkgojackets 11-14-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're embracing a violent pro-slavery mob that killed innocent women and children for the sake of continuing to oppress an entire race. Real respectable folks out there in Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real educated folks in Kansas.

Women and children killed in the raid: 0, as in "none"
Only a quarter of the town was burned.
Payback for Union raid on Osceola and for the deaths of 5 Missouri women held in an unsafe Kansas City building which collapsed.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait...you mean you have actual facts? Not blind homerism looking to bitch about T shirts?

wow.

Ditch Digger 11-14-2007 04:36 PM

I'm taking this guys side:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6...hwest09qa4.jpg

MicroBob 11-14-2007 04:47 PM

Wait a minute.
I just saw that this game isn't even happening this week.

KU plays ISU while Mizzou plays KSU.

WTF? Maybe both sides should worry about taking care of business in THIS week's games first before worrying about their big matchup with national-championship implications the following week.

Just ask Michigan and Ohio State about having a let-down the week before a big and important rivalry game.

MicroBob 11-14-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. At first I wanted Kansas to go undefeated. Good story. Now I want them to get blown out because their fans seem like nitty d-bags with no balls and a visible inferiority complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least 1 KU fan has me thinking something like this.

"Did you hear what some Mizzou fans did? They're all horrible. blah blah blah"

suzzer99 11-14-2007 04:50 PM

KU should be safe against ISU at home. But MU could seriously be headed for a letdown. And given their perpetual history of letdowns, wouldn't surprise me at all.

mutigers5591 11-14-2007 04:58 PM

yes classy colleges like kansas tend to get cited for "lack of institutional control"..

i cant believe so many posters were actually influenced by this....every school has these people wtf..
\
not to mention that ku's football team is on probation

MicroBob 11-14-2007 05:00 PM

I agree that they aren't exactly playing Wisco and Ill here.
ISU should definitely be a gimmee for KU.
But the OP kind of makes it look like these two teams are playing THIS week.

Now I want both of them to lose this week just so next week's matchup is a big downer.

tuq 11-14-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I want both of them to lose this week just so next week's matchup is a big downer.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, Robert you're pretty invested in this all of a sudden.

dkgojackets 11-14-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the OP kind of makes it look like these two teams are playing THIS week.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, they arent?

damn. I definitely hope they both lose now.

KUJustin 11-14-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes classy colleges like kansas tend to get cited for "lack of institutional control"..

i cant believe so many posters were actually influenced by this....every school has these people wtf..
\
not to mention that ku's football team is on probation

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you want to talk about lack of institutional control. "Them crackas be shakin" ring a bell?

Anyway, I'm not sure what a couple of you mean about inferiority complex. Wikipedia says they have 2 Big 12 titles in all sports, not sure what the other one is besides softball. Kansas has 17. Also, Missouri has won 2 national team titles versus 9 for Kansas. There are certainly schools that can argue about athletics superiority with Kansas, but Missouri has never been one of them.

suzzer99 11-14-2007 05:37 PM

A guy one year ahead of me in HS got a scholarship to play linebacker at MU. He got busted for breaking into a donut shop. They found him inside, hammered, eating donuts. That's always tickled me for some reason.

tuq 11-14-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A guy one year ahead of me in HS got a scholarship to play linebacker at MU. He got busted for breaking into a donut shop. They found him inside, hammered, eating donuts. That's always tickled me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's super retarded to break into a donut shop, given the high concentration of cops in the area.

KUJustin 11-14-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Awesome.

A KU football player made national news when he didn't get his Chalupa at Taco Bell. He got upset and tried to crawl into the drive-thru window and got stuck there until the cops came. Pretty amazing.

noseeds99 11-14-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Maybe both sides should worry about taking care of business in THIS week's games first before worrying about their big matchup with national-championship implications the following week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Kansas won't be losing at halftime to ISU unlike some other team that is ranked above us in the human polls.

KUJustin 11-14-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Kansas won't be losing at halftime to ISU unlike some other team that is ranked above us in the human polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, look ahead game or not, I just can't fathom we lose at home to ISU while undefeated. If were playing @KSU as MU is then I'd have some concern (similar to our game @OSU this past weekend).

noseeds99 11-14-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A KU football player made national news when he didn't get his Chalupa at Taco Bell. He got upset and tried to crawl into the drive-thru window and got stuck there until the cops came. Pretty amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall Jeff Hawkins or somebody on the basketball team have a run in at McDonald's for cutting in line or something? I remember police being involved

MicroBob 11-14-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wikipedia says they have 2 Big 12 titles in all sports, not sure what the other one is besides softball. Kansas has 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to realize that most people don't care.
You bragging about how KU has their 17 titles as if that were somehow important makes it look like you guys are the ones with the inferiority complex.

Your football team typically hasn't been very good and this year they are and now they have a shot at the national-championship game perhaps.
There's definitely reason to be proud and to be excited.

But putting down Mizzou for every single thing they've ever done wrong while trumpeting KU's superiority because they also have a few women's swimming and x-country championships in there is incredibly ridiculous.