Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Another run-in with the cops. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540303)

Big Bend 11-07-2007 01:43 PM

Re: Another run-in with the cops.

Watch this, 45 minutes long but WORTH IT!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters

You can thank me later the next time you have to deal with the police. Good luck..

BB

David H 11-07-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just OP post not the thread.

Wtf are you a girl? Your are shaken up cause they asked you a few questions? Your too tense, you should get high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well considering the cops were trying to search my room, and I had enough lying around to get me locked up for a while...yeah, I was a little shaken up actually.

Lottery Larry 11-07-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha @ people confusing campus security with real police..

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the college. They had some pretty strong powers at mine, from what I remember.... almost like a branch office of the city cops.

Lottery Larry 11-07-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can't just randomly search people's cars for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

....yet. A few more turns of the Patriot Act-type laws, and who knows?

Fast Food Knight 11-07-2007 02:36 PM

OP, do you do drugs on a daily basis?

tuq 11-07-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Among other remarkable things about OP is that I remember a few months ago he wrote something about graduating high school and how he was going to dry up and focus on boxing or something. This on the heels of moving into a dorm and away from authority figures. Uh-huh. You can see how well that turned out.

David H 11-07-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just about...I've had a few off days here and there, but for the most part, yes.

dlk9s 11-07-2007 03:02 PM

Oh, David, how we at 2+2 will love watching you maybe at some point in the future possibly morph from a boy to some version of a man.

CORed 11-07-2007 03:12 PM

If you're going to smoke pot in a dorm room, stuff a towel or something under the door open a window, and if you have a fan, set it so it blows air out the window. Better yet, take a walk somewhere with not too many people around and smoke while walking. Good job not consenting to a search. If they'd found pot in your room, you would have been screwed.

CORed 11-07-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
campus cops <or= mall cops

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true, as campus cops do have the authority to arrest you or issue a summons, where as mall cops are usually just private security guards, and thus have no authority to do anything other than ask you to leave or call the real cops. However, both are usually wannabes who aren't qualified to get a job as a real cop.

Fast Food Knight 11-07-2007 03:20 PM

Is it me, or is it like all the stoners in this thread didn't actually READ the OP?

HE DIDN'T SMOKE IN HIS DORM ROOM

The Owl 11-07-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me, or is it like all the stoners in this thread didn't actually READ the OP?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to chill out and smoke a bowl. Just don't do it in your dorm room like the OP did.

RoundGuy 11-07-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to chill out and smoke a bowl. Just don't do it in your dorm room like the OP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like I tell my son in college, if you gotta do it, go out on the roof -- DON'T SMOKE IN YOUR DORM ROOM. Silly OP.

hobbes9324 11-07-2007 05:50 PM

Back in the day of the great NIH riots at UCLA (circa 1974) it was common knowledge that if you had to be arrested, you were much better off getting nabbed by LAPD rather that the campus police, who would beat the living [censored] out of you. I think that's changed....

Also, on a lighter note, at one time there were only two police "departments" that issued their officer .454 sidearms - one was somewhere like Laredo Texas, and the other was the campus police at Univerity of Nevada, Reno.

--guess those overdue library book miscreants are tougher than I would have guessed.....

MM MD

bobman0330 11-07-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day of the great NIH riots at UCLA (circa 1974) it was common knowledge that if you had to be arrested, you were much better off getting nabbed by LAPD rather that the campus police, who would beat the living [censored] out of you. I think that's changed....

Also, on a lighter note, at one time there were only two police "departments" that issued their officer .454 sidearms - one was somewhere like Laredo Texas, and the other was the campus police at Univerity of Nevada, Reno.

--guess those overdue library book miscreants are tougher than I would have guessed.....

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in school, it was well-understood that the campus police were there to keep the students from getting into too much trouble, whereas the "real" police were there to actually enforce the law and arrest people and [censored].

MC Chris 11-07-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in school, it was well-understood that the campus police were there to keep the students from getting into too much trouble, whereas the "real" police were there to actually enforce the law and arrest people and [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is it obviously differs from school to school. if you go to school in bumblef*** iowa, maybe the campus police don't really do much. near big cities most of the university police are real police. why wouldn't they be? like i said they have guns and arrest power. how are they not "real police"?

Dakotasdad 11-07-2007 09:19 PM

The Citizens Auxillary Police Department -- now that's a department with real police powers.

DavidC 11-08-2007 05:44 AM

Here's an example of what you have to say to a police officer in Ontario.

cop: "Where you coming from?"

me: "No comment."

him: buncha stuff

me: "No comment"

Him: what's your name/address

me: answers

Him: Do you have ID?

me: "No comment"

Him: Do you want to be arrested?

Me: "No comment"

Him: leave the area immediately

me: "Have a good night."

---

Now, if there's an emergency that I can see, I talk to them like a normal person, but otherwise, our conversation is pretty much as described above, every time I run into a police officer that wants to talk to me.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If college students are subject to cops banging on their doors for smoking pot, the terrorists win. What the [censored] is this country coming to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh you can blame ol' Slick Willy for getting the ball rolling with regards to the War on Marijuana. So stupid...

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 11:05 AM

A lot of campus police at larger universities are sworn police officers. they just have a smaller juris diction (the campus and immediate area). If they have a sidearm, then they are a sworn police officer, not "mall cops". The campus police at University of Maryland are often used off-campus if necessary due to the heavy workload from a high-crime area. Compared to other "real" police departments they may seem not as well-trained/ less professional, but they're still real police officers.

MC Chris 11-08-2007 12:00 PM

did you know jurisdiction is one word? now you do!

Moorsie 11-08-2007 12:00 PM

Why don't you just move off campus into an apt or house and do all the drugs you want without worrying having to worry about breaking rules, RA, campus cops etc...

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

simple mistake?

/nit

MC Chris 11-08-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

simple mistake?

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

more likely you thought it was two words, but that's ok. just call me a nit!

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 12:13 PM

for some reason thought there was a - in there, then I erased it and added a space. You're so awesome.

intheflatfield 11-08-2007 12:16 PM

"I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record.

Oh Yeah, well dont get so distressed, did I happen to mentition that I'm Impressed."

Random Violent Femmes ref..circa lates 80's

MC Chris 11-08-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for some reason thought there was a - in there, then I erased it and added a space. You're so awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i was right? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

David H 11-08-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just move off campus into an apt or house and do all the drugs you want without worrying having to worry about breaking rules, RA, campus cops etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to move into a house next quarter, that should be a little better...A LOT better actually.

Constable 11-08-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If college students are subject to cops banging on their doors for smoking pot, the terrorists win. What the [censored] is this country coming to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh you can blame ol' Slick Willy for getting the ball rolling with regards to the War on Marijuana. So stupid...

[/ QUOTE ]

100% false. Learn politics plz.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% false. Learn politics plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.injusticeline.com/mjarrest.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In 1999, 704,812 people in the United States were arrested for marijuana "crimes." * This was an increase of over 85% from the 380,399 arrested in 1993 **, Bill Clinton's first year in office.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.injusticeline.com/DrugsCl.html

Constable 11-08-2007 01:00 PM

Do you understand what the colloquial expression "getting the ball rolling" is usually meant to indicate?

The Owl 11-08-2007 01:01 PM

While you may certainly have a valid point, that graph is cumulative arrests and is thus a little misleading. From the graph at least it doesn't look like arrests increased very much year-to-year.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand what the colloquial expression "getting the ball rolling" is usually meant to indicate?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes maybe I should have replaced that with "is more well-known for the war on marijuana".

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While you may certainly have a valid point, that graph is cumulative arrests and is thus a little misleading. From the graph at least it doesn't look like arrests increased very much year-to-year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the graph begins when Clinton came into office, the year before was the previous record high with about 390,000 arrests. But yea, I agree that cumulative can be misleading, I just googled and found a chart to put in. I just felt the "100% wrong" comment was a bit over the top. I've taken classes like Drugs and Crime and the general consensus is that Clinton= war on marijuana

Constable 11-08-2007 01:33 PM

I'd say Reagan was much more responsible for the war on MJ, what with his whole "war on drugs" platform and mandatory minimum sentencing. While I certainly believe Clinton did nothing to alleviate the problem of non-violent drug offenders being incarcerated, I'd certainly like to hear your theories on how he started the war on marijuana.

Tony_P 11-08-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
campus cops <or= mall cops

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that some colleges have accredited police departments with sworn officers right? Unless you know what school op goes to you can't really make this statement.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say Reagan was much more responsible for the war on MJ, what with his whole "war on drugs" platform and mandatory minimum sentencing. While I certainly believe Clinton did nothing to alleviate the problem of non-violent drug offenders being incarcerated, I'd certainly like to hear your theories on how he started the war on marijuana.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I just said in my previous post my phrasing wasn't very technically accurate. Also, in the same class they claimed that among the different "drug wars" Reagan's was waged against Crack. What am I saying? Don't know! But
here's a picture of a chick holding her boobs (nsfw

bwana devil 11-08-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.injusticeline.com/mjarrest.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
your chart is completely deceptive, inaccurate and worthless if youre trying to make a statement about the years clinton was in office. each year's arrest adds the prior year to it so at first glance it looks like there's dramatic increase from the prior year in arrests when that is not the case.

the 1999 column should be labeled 1993-1999 arrests and clearly show it represents 7 years and not one.

w/out knowing what the arrest numbers were from years outside of 1993-1999, one can not make statements about those years.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 02:16 PM

More stuff

http://www.mapinc.org/newscfdp/v01/n087/a05.html?6793

http://www.norml.org/share/marijuana...s_chart500.gif

http://ocnorml.org/images/pot_news/m...a_arrests1.gif

This is all stuff I pulled off Google after a very quick search, make of it whatever you wish.

Tryptamean 11-08-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to move into a house next quarter, that should be a little better...A LOT better actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah move off campus asap, dorms are fun and all, but the piece of mind will be well worth it