Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Official HULA Rules/Sign Up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=53910)

Hobbs. 03-06-2006 06:28 PM

Re: Official HULA Rules/Sign Up

interested.

aflaba temp 03-06-2006 06:39 PM

I'd like to be in

TStoneMBD 03-06-2006 06:51 PM

im down and i can volunteer for captain

baronzeus 03-06-2006 07:03 PM

unfortunately i have to withdraw my bid [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jgorham 03-06-2006 07:07 PM

Count me in.

Jeff W 03-06-2006 07:11 PM

I won't be participating this year, but I suggest that you allow plenty of time for sign ups and cross post this in the general forum to get the strongest possible player pool.

Last year, I wrote a post-draft analysis under a gimmick account. Someone should step up and do that this year, it's fun and it drums up discussion and interest.

jph0424 03-06-2006 07:27 PM

I am definitely in.

Perseus 03-06-2006 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately i have to withdraw my bid [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did we scare you off already BZ?

sweetjazz 03-06-2006 08:04 PM

I would like to play, even though it would mean I have to download AIM. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Surf 03-06-2006 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to play, even though it would mean I have to download AIM. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

get GAIM. It's AIM, but without talking ads, [censored] AOL installs, etc. It's a program that makes me happy to be a member of the computer-dork community.

Surf

tolbiny 03-06-2006 08:14 PM

I'd play except sadly i will be out of town march 20th-26th, and april 17th - may 6th. And then again in june for an undetermined amount of time.

perhaps i could be an alternate?

*TT* 03-06-2006 08:19 PM

I'm in. I've been practicing my HU play, this is gonna get interesting.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Digs 03-06-2006 08:24 PM

Jeff I'd like to say your draft review last year was absolutely awesome.

I read the initial thread but didn't follow up so I never knew who really posted it.

vnh.

Weatherhead03 03-06-2006 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In.

[/ QUOTE ]

New001 03-06-2006 09:34 PM

I'll be in if there's still space.

TheMetetron 03-06-2006 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be in if there's still space.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always space... that doesn't mean you will be drafted though.

Everyone who is interested becomes eligible for the draft. Whether or not someone picks you though is up to them.

New001 03-06-2006 09:58 PM

Fair enough, thanks.

The Dude 03-06-2006 10:13 PM

Count me in.

raisins 03-06-2006 10:30 PM

Hi,

Count me in.

I'm willing to be a captain as well. I was a captain in HULA ML and my team was one of two where my players completed all their matches. Bds was the other and if she is interested in playing here she would make a responsible captain for this league as well.

A suggestion, remind everyone to make a post in the skills thread before the 12th if they are going on the PPM cruise so the captains will know who they are when it's time to draft.

raisins

P.S. I think you should go ahead and charge some nominal fee for your work instead of taking a tip. Maybe $5 a player?

wonkadaddy 03-06-2006 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. I think you should go ahead and charge some nominal fee for your work instead of taking a tip. Maybe $5 a player?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll 2nd that (or 3rd, or 4th it or whatever)

Adam Stewart 03-06-2006 10:46 PM

What site is this played at??

Adam

w_alloy 03-06-2006 10:56 PM

I'm in.

JohnnyHumongous 03-06-2006 11:02 PM

count me in

BigEndian 03-06-2006 11:03 PM

I'm in if there's still room and thank you for organizing.

- Jim

The Funky Llama 03-06-2006 11:03 PM

the funky llama is in

Surf 03-06-2006 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

You play your match wherever you and your opponent both have an acct to play on...it can be stars .02/.04, prima play money, gamingclub, whatever.

Surf

Adam Stewart 03-06-2006 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

You play your match wherever you and your opponent both have an acct to play on...it can be stars .02/.04, prima play money, gamingclub, whatever.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay,

I only have a Party account. - don't even think it's possible to play that low stakes there.

Let's say people seem to play on stars or whatever. But I don't just want to start a new account on stars (or whereever) because I may want to do so with a "RB" account in the future.... *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

Does this mean I should refrain from the HULA competition for now?

What are the "not so popular" sites that people usually play the HULA matches on ... (i.e. a site that I wouldn't ever care to set up an "RB" account on) ???

Adam

wheelz 03-06-2006 11:42 PM

in

Surf 03-06-2006 11:57 PM

Thegamingclub, and prima has lots of skins so you don't have to worry about that. ALso i'm pretty sure there is no such thing as RB at stars, they just have a lower rake to begin with.

Surf

Adam Stewart 03-07-2006 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thegamingclub, and prima has lots of skins so you don't have to worry about that. ALso i'm pretty sure there is no such thing as RB at stars, they just have a lower rake to begin with.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Count me in, then.

Only thing is, I'm on vacation (away from internet) from March 11-18th so won't be able to play then. Actually, won't even be able to see the draft. As long as that's okay, I'm in.

Adam

03-07-2006 06:42 AM

Count me in.

Sheriff Fatman 03-07-2006 07:03 AM

Count me in for this. I played in the first two HULA's when they were on The Poker Club. Not sure how many I've missed since then.

Thanks for cross-posting about this one, otherwise I'd have been oblivious to it again.

Just a couple of points for consideration - I'm not thrilled about the idea of using multiple sites - surely all the individual games will have different structures, depending on the site being used. Using ThePokerClub wasn't without its problems but they did provide tables for these games for no fee. Surely there's a site somewhere that can cater for this event on a regular basis. I think the first two event were before the days of Stars private tourney function but they seem to cater for all sorts of things nowadays.

Also, on the alternates issue. We used these in the early HULA events and they didn't really work too well. Many weren't needed at all, those who were often failed to show up for games like all the others. However, the alternates at that time didn't have to contribute any fees so making them a 'full' member of the team may well work.

I'll be a captain again if you're short on numbers but if its oversubscribed then select the others ahead of me.

Sheriff

PS: Are these still LHE games?

Digs 03-07-2006 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Are these still LHE games?

[/ QUOTE ]

L=limit and we're too stupid to play stud h/l

Dave Mac 03-07-2006 10:27 AM

i am in.
dave

Digs 03-07-2006 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I only have a Party account. - don't even think it's possible to play that low stakes there.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you use play money there the button = bb which sucks balls imo

Josh. 03-07-2006 11:54 AM

i am debating. i've played <50% of my matches in the last 2

also, i think you should make general hold'em the home forum for this

pudley4 03-07-2006 11:55 AM

in

Seether 03-07-2006 12:29 PM

in if someone drafts my donkey ass

Rubeskies 03-07-2006 01:32 PM

I'm in. The last HULA was so much fun, especially when I managed to go 5-1. Hurray for rhyming.

Digs 03-07-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in. The last HULA was so much fun, especially when I managed to go 5-1. Hurray for rhyming, son.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp~