Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   call of duty 4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539038)

DukeSucks 11-06-2007 11:17 PM

Re: call of duty 4

does online let you play against people with the same skills? I want to get it, but it would be my first one, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it I kept getting killed every 5 seconds.

BCPVP 11-07-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does online let you play against people with the same skills? I want to get it, but it would be my first one, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it I kept getting killed every 5 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Play the single player on veteran difficulty. You'll get pretty good at using cover and moving fast. Worked out ok for me with COD2. Then it just becomes a matter of figuring out the maps.

I can't wait to get home this weekend so I can buy this. The beta multiplayer videos on youtube are driving me crazy!

Corpsebean 11-07-2007 05:10 AM

Uh okay, just played this online for a while instead of doing homework. (Standard)

CoD 4 >>>>>>>>> Halo 3 + TF2 combined.

Holy christ this game is fun. Knife kills give me wood.

Jazzy3113 11-07-2007 01:03 PM

God damnit. How the heck am i supposed to choose between assains and COD4.

Its weird in poker/sports betting I show no regard for money at all, but whenever I make a real life purchase I am so cheap.

Please post screenshots to motivate me just to buy cod4.

Here is the one reason I am hesistant. I loved ww2 and play all the games for that era starting with medal of honor. However, i always played for the pc. I feel you got much better control with the mouse. However, when I tried to play medal of honor on a console, I found the controls cumbersome and unwieldy.

I accept the fact that COD4 probably has awesome graphics and gameplay, but I am concerned I wont enjoy it because of the controls. Can someone tell me if they are similar to halo3 movements?
thanks

Khaos4k 11-07-2007 01:38 PM

It's out for PC as well.

Corpsebean 11-07-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God damnit. How the heck am i supposed to choose between assains and COD4.

Its weird in poker/sports betting I show no regard for money at all, but whenever I make a real life purchase I am so cheap.

Please post screenshots to motivate me just to buy cod4.

Here is the one reason I am hesistant. I loved ww2 and play all the games for that era starting with medal of honor. However, i always played for the pc. I feel you got much better control with the mouse. However, when I tried to play medal of honor on a console, I found the controls cumbersome and unwieldy.

I accept the fact that COD4 probably has awesome graphics and gameplay, but I am concerned I wont enjoy it because of the controls. Can someone tell me if they are similar to halo3 movements?
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Call of Duty 4 is on the PC too.

And if you can afford to sports bet you can afford to buy 2 games.

RiverFenix 11-07-2007 07:36 PM

Oh man picking this up would really cut into my TF2 time

PITTM 11-08-2007 01:58 AM

Game of the Last 5 years IMO. I wish i didnt have to work for the next year.

wonderwes 11-08-2007 02:23 AM

I guess the better question what version do you get: PC or console?

Khaos4k 11-08-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say PC for the tighter controls. Console does have matchmaking though.

Dire 11-08-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say PC for the tighter controls. Console does have matchmaking though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo style matchmaking or just a quick search of open games?

PITTM 11-08-2007 12:11 PM

I'm playing it for PC. Haven't played online yet. Got to work at 715 today so I can go home early and play. Ohhhhh the single life [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TheDoubleA 11-08-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing it for PC. Haven't played online yet. Got to work at 715 today so I can go home early and play. Ohhhhh the single life [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA word. I am not single, but the girl works nights. I was so happy to learn that she has to work 4 days in a row, just so I could get back and play this.

3 of us have 9th row tickets to the Bulls/Pistons game tonight (beat: not first row), and I honestly thought about skipping it.

Goodbye Halo3 and TF2, this is way, WAY more fun.

AceLuby 11-08-2007 04:40 PM

Thought this was an interesting article. Maybe EA should learn from these guys (and everyone else who ports games instead of optimizing to each system)

X Development Was Easy

DukeSucks 11-08-2007 04:49 PM

I got this last night. It's the first game like this I've played, so I suck really bad. But I'm having loads of fun playing multiplayer.

hennnerz 11-08-2007 05:10 PM

Been loving this for 24 hours non stop no sleep. Still suck at it, but it is awesome!

Thanir 11-08-2007 05:31 PM

How many players can play in the multiplayer on the 360?

dawade 11-08-2007 09:04 PM

Everyone add me to your buddy list: dwn2f

I think I'm already like level 8 but damn this game is so much fun.

LocustHorde 11-08-2007 11:13 PM

this has been getting rave reviews on Amazon.com which isn't an easy thing to do, they can be a tough crowd..

goofyballer 11-09-2007 07:04 AM

I played through the campaign for about an hour just now and I'm not really impressed. Could be that this is a Halo 3-style "only worth its reviews cause of multiplayer" game, but it feels a lot like CoD2, except that this is 2yrs later and we expect games better than console-launch quality now.

PITTM 11-09-2007 01:08 PM

I thought the campaign mode was the best campaign mode i have played. That whole sniper mission in Chernobyl is like the peak of video gaming so far imo.

AceLuby 11-09-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the campaign mode was the best campaign mode i have played. That whole sniper mission in Chernobyl is like the peak of video gaming so far imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but isn't the whole campaign 5 hours?

goofyballer 11-09-2007 02:45 PM

ok, I'll give it a chance, I just played through like the first SAS and first American mission.

PITTM 11-09-2007 03:25 PM

I dunno, it might have actually been less. Yeah its very short.

Jazzy3113 11-09-2007 04:39 PM

For the 360:

Are the movement controls just like Halo 3? Like with the two joysticks are the movements the same?

ChrisCo 11-09-2007 07:10 PM

Has anyone tried to adjust the resolution for the computer game in multiplayer mode and not been able to? I can adjust it in campaign but when I do it for multiplayer it says there is an error. Any help?

Arito 11-09-2007 09:22 PM

Picked this game up yesterday and I love it. I was never a fan of console shooters but since Gears of War I've kinda gotten over that. Just takes some getting used to. Although the single player campaign is short, it is great. They have done a very good job of setting the 'modern warfare' atmosphere.

Also, I like how even though it's a semi-strategic shooter (the harder the difficulty, the more strategy you need), the pace is very high throughout the entire game. I've never found myself looking for places to go or even picking up all the ammo at the end of a battle.

Really, really great game!

reo 11-10-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the 360:

Are the movement controls just like Halo 3? Like with the two joysticks are the movements the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

simuk 11-11-2007 11:42 AM

Just got it on the Ps3.

WHAT A GAME.

Incredible. I'm so hooked... my November graph is going to suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PITTM 11-11-2007 12:42 PM

God even multiplayer is amazing, wtf is with this game? The ranking system is sooo rad. I am up to level 12 which i believe is like Sergent II or something.

scotchnrocks 11-11-2007 12:45 PM

this game is almost perfect, much better than halo

Arito 11-11-2007 01:52 PM

So, which perks do you guys like most? I've been playing with each weapon until I get the kill challenges (not the head shot) and so far I've only done Assault Rifles and a Sniper. The perks I get with the assault rifles are 1) Claymore x2 2) Stopping Power and 3) Martyrdom.

Especially Martyrdom (which lets you drop a grenade when you die, even if you don't have one) has really been useful. The Claymore I like more with the sniper, because you can go to some good spot and close down the entrance with claymores so that you either hear some one coming or they die. 'Stopping Power' I have because I think/hope it lets me kill with less bullets.

Haven't tried anything but Team Death Match and Free for All so far though.

GHAND 11-11-2007 01:59 PM

is this more fun that TF2 multi? im so tempted to buy

ADK 11-11-2007 02:16 PM

holy [censored]. this is one of the most addictive games ive played, specially on the 360.. havent been able to stop playing multiplayer and i wouldnt call myself a hardcore gamer at all!!

ADK 11-11-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

defo, i dont think i'll be playing tfc2 again.. probably going to sell orange box and buy assassins creed / mass effect

GHAND 11-11-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

defo, i dont think i'll be playing tfc2 again.. probably going to sell orange box and buy assassins creed / mass effect

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, soo many good games so little time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PITTM 11-11-2007 03:22 PM

yeah spies were way too retarded in tf2. I will be playing cod4 and fifa2008 online as my exclusives for awhile.

thesilkworm 11-11-2007 06:27 PM

I just bought this but it's not going in my 360 until I complete HL2: Episode 2, or else I'll probably never get round to it. If CoD4 is half as good as you guys are making it out to be, I can start kissing my social life goodbye!

goofyballer 11-11-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God even multiplayer is amazing, wtf is with this game? The ranking system is sooo rad. I am up to level 12 which i believe is like Sergent II or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone teach me not to suck at multiplayer? It feels like it's massively exploitable by camping. You die so fast that you're pretty much hosed the second somebody sees you, so running around is fairly retarded when pretty much all the corridors have about 50 spots where someone can be hiding and shoot you from. It feels like the standard game for me is "run around the level and hopefully come across some people that aren't looking in my direction when I see them so that I can quickly dispose of them with any weapon and hopefully keep running before someone else sees me and hoses me before I have a chance to do jack [censored] to stop them."

syncmaster 11-11-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone teach me not to suck at multiplayer? It feels like it's massively exploitable by camping. You die so fast that you're pretty much hosed the second somebody sees you, so running around is fairly retarded when pretty much all the corridors have about 50 spots where someone can be hiding and shoot you from. It feels like the standard game for me is "run around the level and hopefully come across some people that aren't looking in my direction when I see them so that I can quickly dispose of them with any weapon and hopefully keep running before someone else sees me and hoses me before I have a chance to do jack [censored] to stop them."

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stand campers. Its the one thing that pisses me off to no end.

I can tell you the UAV changes more battles than people realize. Use your radar and you will know what room they are in. I can't tell you how many times I've run in a room and knifed someone because I know exactly where they would be standing. And get some claymores because they will run right back to that room when they respawn.