Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sit N Go Madness on FTP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536570)

JoeSchmo 11-02-2007 02:43 PM

Re: Sit N Go Madness on FTP

If you start a SNG in one timeframe and it ends in the next (say start at 11:30pm and end at 12:30am), which period gets the points?

jmill2511 11-02-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you like the idea, try to support it and we might be able to do it once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be awesome.

sharkstevie 11-02-2007 02:49 PM

I wish the multi table sng's were included (18,45,90 mans), 4 hours of 9 handed tables just bores me way too much

FTPDoug 11-02-2007 03:04 PM

Each SNG will actually say something like "Earn points toward Group D (16:00 to 20:00) of SNG Madness"

So those will appear between 16:00 and 20:00. The last one might go off at 20:02 and not end until 21:00, but it will still count towards whatever time period it says in the SNG.

vers 11-02-2007 03:15 PM

I'm with Dale, stars will be [censored] roxor now.

vn post slim.

DannyOcean_ 11-02-2007 03:35 PM

man i wish my BR and skill were sufficient to hammer the 11's rather than hammer the 2's. 11's prizes are all 5x the 2's prizes. But hammer i will. Plus the fact that i'm trying to go 'iron man' and such.

JoeSchmo 11-02-2007 03:39 PM

thx Doug

DannyOcean_ 11-02-2007 03:43 PM

These are just hold em SNG's right? Cause if they start throwing out omaha and stud crap i'm going to be angry.

Edit: Also, are these just STT's or all SNG's? Is it just straight cash-STT-Texasholdem-SNG's?

timmay28 11-02-2007 03:50 PM

Hmm, IMO this kinda sucks, it's just a contest amongst those with 2 monitors and PAHUD, so that kills the chances of winning for 95%+ of the players out there.

Maybe if for each player, only the first dozen games or so during a 4 hour stretch are counted towards the leaderboard for a particular group, it would even the playing field for everyone involved.

DannyOcean_ 11-02-2007 03:52 PM

it just said 'it begins' but i havent seen any green tables yet...

sixfour 11-02-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it just said 'it begins' but i havent seen any green tables yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

You obv missed the "in ten minutes" part of that message, waiting on a set of $12s

Ditch Digger 11-02-2007 03:59 PM

I think I'm going to drop down and 16 table the 36's instead of trying to win group d. See you all in 8 hours.

vers 11-02-2007 03:59 PM

gogogogogo buy another monitor, FTS and pahud. I predict computer sales will go through the roof b/c of this.

DannyOcean_ 11-02-2007 03:59 PM

ah i see. gl to all, my last post until after.

sippin_criss 11-02-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, IMO this kinda sucks, it's just a contest amongst those with 2 monitors and PAHUD, so that kills the chances of winning for 95%+ of the players out there.

Maybe if for each player, only the first dozen games or so during a 4 hour stretch are counted towards the leaderboard for a particular group, it would even the playing field for everyone involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

loooll???? get real.

sixfour 11-02-2007 04:01 PM

Oh my god, they're filling so quickly

timmay28 11-02-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

loooll???? get real.

[/ QUOTE ]

...... care to rationalize why I'm wrong?

hoyasnaxa 11-02-2007 04:13 PM

The monthly leaderboard for this month will be CRAZY because of this.

cobrakai111 11-02-2007 04:13 PM

I also like the idea of just counting your first 12-16 games instead of just rewarding the 16 tablers.

ADLinden 11-02-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

loooll???? get real.

[/ QUOTE ]

...... care to rationalize why I'm wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

the low stakes sngs are going to very soft this weekend, so you profit not matter what

hoyasnaxa 11-02-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also like the idea of just counting your first 12-16 games instead of just rewarding the 16 tablers.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is idiotic.

cobrakai111 11-02-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but thank you for your detailed assessment on my opinion.

But you're right. People who have 3 monitor setups that can 16 table should automatically have a huge edge over everyone else. I'm crazy for thinking a promotion should adapt to give everyone a fair shot.

hoyasnaxa 11-02-2007 04:39 PM

Yea, lets play 12 total and whoever does the best in those is the winner. Because that would determine anything at all.

sixfour 11-02-2007 04:44 PM

Jesus the games are pretty horrible, all the loose fish seem to be playing cash

littlebu 11-02-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus the games are pretty horrible, all the loose fish seem to be playing cash

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously the games were better before this kicked off

J-P 11-02-2007 04:56 PM

I for one, am a fan of 5+ regs a game

braminc 11-02-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be clear, you win the overall leaderboard for a given group (Such as Group A, the $1-$2 group) by having the best 4 hour period of the whole weekend. Think of it like setting the record in the high jump.

The four overall winners (one from groups A, B, C, and D) will play the 4 man shootout.

If someone wins the Overall for two different Blocks, they will get a free ride to the finals of the heads up shootout.

I guess if you win three of the blocks, you still get a free ride to the finals but you get 50% more respect.

And if you win all four of them, I guess you win $5,000.

If you like the idea, try to support it and we might be able to do it once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

this promotion is not nearly as good as it first sounded. look at what FTPdoug said. theyre not giving away that prize for EVERY 4 hour segment. you ahve 12 'chances' at 4 hour segments to see who wins the ONE prize at the end of the weekend for each buyin class.

in other words, they are only giving away ONE first place prize to each level over the whole weekend.

kinda worthless.....esp when you consider how much rockier the games just instantly got. ill be takin the weekend off. later suckers!

kkcountry 11-02-2007 04:59 PM

i'm srsly considering taking the weekend off and just grinding hard the 24 hours after when you all are passed out

vers 11-02-2007 04:59 PM

j-p, just do better game selection obviously. Wait for all the regs to load their sets.

sweetwater 11-02-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this promotion is not nearly as good as it first sounded. look at what FTPdoug said. theyre not giving away that prize for EVERY 4 hour segment. you ahve 12 'chances' at 4 hour segments to see who wins the ONE prize at the end of the weekend for each buyin class.

[/ QUOTE ]

was actually going to back to sng's for this weekend until i realized it was just one prize for the whole weekend

hoyasnaxa 11-02-2007 05:03 PM

Dammit, some guy named WPTfuji is 16 tabling continuously at the 2s. I was gonna just play them and win it but now i mite not be able to.

Slim Pickens 11-02-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be clear, you win the overall leaderboard for a given group (Such as Group A, the $1-$2 group) by having the best 4 hour period of the whole weekend. Think of it like setting the record in the high jump.

The four overall winners (one from groups A, B, C, and D) will play the 4 man shootout.

If someone wins the Overall for two different Blocks, they will get a free ride to the finals of the heads up shootout.

I guess if you win three of the blocks, you still get a free ride to the finals but you get 50% more respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words, they are only giving away ONE first place prize to each level over the whole weekend.

kinda worthless.....esp when you consider how much rockier the games just instantly got. ill be takin the weekend off. later suckers!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The top seven players in each group will be paid at the end of every four-hour block

[/ QUOTE ]

The Overall leaderboard is something different.

[ QUOTE ]
The winners of each group's Overall Leaderboard will meet in a four player heads-up shootout for $5,000

[/ QUOTE ]

cobrakai111 11-02-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, lets play 12 total and whoever does the best in those is the winner. Because that would determine anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are we trying to "determine"? I thought the goal of the promotion was to give people a chance to win more prizes. Does 16 tabling "determine" anything I'm not aware of other then increased volume.

vers 11-02-2007 05:08 PM

damn hoya, there goes my idea too. WPTfuji is ok, I played with him a bunch back in the summer. Now it's a competition of who can 16 table the $2s better over a 4 hr period. No easy wins in any group. Hoya you might be able to beat him though if you 16 table, he's not that fantastic.

braminc 11-02-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The top seven players in each group will be paid at the end of every four-hour block

[/ QUOTE ]

The Overall leaderboard is something different.

[ QUOTE ]
The winners of each group's Overall Leaderboard will meet in a four player heads-up shootout for $5,000

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

woops i might be retarded [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

moneyinbag 11-02-2007 05:09 PM

this is so riduculous...i just played like 18 and cashed in one...i have never been on this bad a streak before and i frequently 10 table...is it possible i played very bad or was it just variance?

braminc 11-02-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, some guy named WPTfuji is 16 tabling continuously at the 2s. I was gonna just play them and win it but now i mite not be able to.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, fuji is back. one of the greatest hacks of all time (greatest meaning most volume)

sippin_criss 11-02-2007 05:10 PM

just because you arent capable of 12-16 tabling for a long period of time doesnt mean you should cry about it, its not some sort of unfair advantage, some people are better at some things than others so deal with it. also, there successful multitablers use one monitor and dont use a HUD. but if you think its going to make that much of a difference and bawl over it then go buy 12 monitors and pokeracehud and see how much things change

ps: sdklaskdfjaskljdfklasjdfklsjdfkljaskdlfjklasfd

kkcountry 11-02-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

woops i might be retarded [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmm i may give it a couple shots then

billxo1b 11-02-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here goes my 100-tabling $1.1 plan[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]