Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   MSNL Vancouver House thread - lets do it this time? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536165)

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-01-2007 09:01 PM

Re: MSNL Vancouver House thread - lets do it this time?

im interested perhaps in the details

Fletcher19 11-01-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what does a U.S. citizen need to do in order to be able to live in canada for 1 year? Anything special?

[/ QUOTE ]

you just get a temporary visit visa for like 92 days or something when you enter the country, so you'd have to leave every 3 months to renew it as far as i know

Equal 11-01-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of those dinosaurs but if you are going to do this get a 5 bedroom penthouse apartment in yaletown or even better make it 3 or 4 people - 5 is a bit much for an apartment no matter how huge it is. Having a ridiculous penthouse and EVERYTHING within a 5 minute drunken walk > west van mansion.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Plus celebrities are your neighbours and walk around the same areas you do.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-01-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what does a U.S. citizen need to do in order to be able to live in canada for 1 year? Anything special?

[/ QUOTE ]

you just get a temporary visit visa for like 92 days or something when you enter the country, so you'd have to leave every 3 months to renew it as far as i know

[/ QUOTE ]
damn that really sucks

snowbank 11-01-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of those dinosaurs but if you are going to do this get a 5 bedroom penthouse apartment in yaletown or even better make it 3 or 4 people - 5 is a bit much for an apartment no matter how huge it is. Having a ridiculous penthouse and EVERYTHING within a 5 minute drunken walk > west van mansion.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Plus celebrities are your neighbours and walk around the same areas you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

canada has celebrities?

Fletcher19 11-01-2007 09:40 PM

sum 41 ldo

_dave_ 11-01-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what does a U.K. "dinosour" (only just) citizen need to do in order to be able to live in canada for 1 year? Anything special? Would taxes on winnings be required?

[/ QUOTE ]

fees 11-02-2007 02:16 AM

Hrm... well next 1-4 years I wanna pay no taxes on poker $. Can someone offer me advice on how to make this happen (is it even possible)

snowbank 11-02-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hrm... well next 1-4 years I wanna pay no taxes on poker $. Can someone offer me advice on how to make this happen (is it even possible)

[/ QUOTE ]

it's possible and i'm going to make it happen

ginko 11-02-2007 02:36 AM

AFAIK if you are an american citizen, and you move to a country where gambling winnings are tax free, you only get to not pay for the first 60K. Anything over that is taxable by the US Gov.

The only way to change that is to get citizenship in another country while revoking your citizenship in the US. Which is impossible because most countries won't accept you as a citizen unless you have something to offer them-- ie. being a doctor,lawyer,etc.

fees 11-02-2007 02:43 AM

waitwaitwait wait wait.... we accept infinite mother [censored] from all over the globe, but they wont accept us? what-the-[censored]?

brandysbich 11-02-2007 02:48 AM

USA is the hardest country to get into in the world...i know from experience...you def do not accept infinite amount of people

jessica1994 11-02-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AFAIK if you are an american citizen, and you move to a country where gambling winnings are tax free, you only get to not pay for the first 60K. Anything over that is taxable by the US Gov.

The only way to change that is to get citizenship in another country while revoking your citizenship in the US. Which is impossible because most countries won't accept you as a citizen unless you have something to offer them-- ie. being a doctor,lawyer,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you want to cash out just transfer to someone who wants money online and you can just get straight cash from them. ur winnings will be undetected ldo

d2themfi 11-02-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
USA is the hardest country to get into in the world...i know from experience...you def do not accept infinite amount of people

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe not legally...

brandysbich 11-02-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe not legally...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that may be true..I dont think thats what he was implying tho

Pat Southern 11-02-2007 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
those places look unreal. anyone interested in doing something like this in Melbourne?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately be interested in a Melbourne house.

Oki-Oki 11-02-2007 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those places look unreal. anyone interested in doing something like this in Melbourne?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definately be interested in a Melbourne house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be up for this depends on alot though

LucidDream 11-02-2007 07:02 AM

I might be up for something in the future. If anyone is thinking about his 6-8 months from now let me know.

fees 11-02-2007 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have to be a doctor or lawyer to gain citizenship?

pdoran10 11-02-2007 07:08 AM

I am interested in doing something like this next fall. I don't plan on looking into things for a few months, but just thought i would throw it out there.

manupod 11-02-2007 11:09 AM

Unless I missed it, I still didn't see when you guys are thinking of this- Dec 1?

ahnuld 11-02-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man these houses look sick

i just reenrolled in school [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

suckaaaaaaaaa! 6 months and im free 4 life

MilkMan 11-02-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
waitwaitwait wait wait.... we accept infinite mother [censored] from all over the globe, but they wont accept us? what-the-[censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't travel much do you

bmxicle 11-02-2007 12:15 PM

I would be interested in a sick penthouse downtown, but its enough trouble as it is for me to go downstairs and be downtown, driving half an hour would just be annoying.

traz 11-02-2007 01:43 PM

I'm looking for a new place in January and I'd definitely love to get a place with some msnlers. I'd probably prefer a house in kits as well though.

Anyone can feel free to PM me if they want, I'll stop by #msnl in a bit and see if this is actually going.

brandysbich 11-02-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have to be a doctor or lawyer to gain citizenship?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doctor yes, Lawyer no, and I think a few other select few fields might get you in. My wife is american and I waited almost a year before I was allowed in the US

notmybeer 11-02-2007 02:43 PM

I've lived in and around Vancouver all my life (I'm old) and I have to heavily recommend living downtown or on the west side (e.g. kits, point grey, Shaugnessy, Arbutus areas). Lived in Kits for the last 15 years and it is great. Beaches, bars, restaurants, hot babes, & 2-5 minutes from down town. Living in the burbs would really suck for 20+ single guys.

traz 11-02-2007 03:32 PM

I live in Richmond right now and I'm definitely looking to GTFO

AJFenix 11-02-2007 04:13 PM

Vancouver is [censored] awesome. Life is GOOD.