Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What we mean when we say online poker is Rigged (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531394)

Halstad 10-26-2007 03:45 AM

Re: What we mean when we say online poker is Rigged

Not quite familiar with OnlinePro so I searched his previous posts. He had this notable quotable in the first one I read.

[ QUOTE ]
...I can afford to continue playing while losing non stop...

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem 10-26-2007 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban OP for making me spit milk all over my keyboard.

fatshaft 10-26-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop, which was obviously the case with online poker. I have been saying its rigged long before the Absolute scandal came up.

[/ QUOTE ]All well and good, except by your definition of "rigged" then Absolute doesn't cover, so you've still to get a case that would prove any of your claims.

[ QUOTE ]
It is only a matter of time before all sites are exposed and I am looking forward to that day, because than maybe we can have some realistic poker being played after all the smoke settles and it is regulated by Americans, where our accounts are not subject to random freezing and seizing of funds.

[/ QUOTE ]Ah of course, because only Americans could possibly be capable of regulation. You realise that the UK has just produced a White list that contains jurisdictions that have stringent enough procedures to satisfy the UK goverment? No I doubt you do. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

orlov 10-26-2007 05:09 AM

where do u play and whats your nick op?

NFuego20 10-26-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

[/ QUOTE ]

Skallagrim 10-26-2007 12:57 PM

When I say "online poker is rigged" I mean: "I made what I though was a good play and ended up losing anyway either because I screwed up or the cards went against me."

However, its easier to type "this site is rigged" then the truth, and it makes me feel better about myself. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Skallagrim

MicroBob 10-26-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite familiar with OnlinePro so I searched his previous posts. He had this notable quotable in the first one I read.

[ QUOTE ]
...I can afford to continue playing while losing non stop...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He also has previously posted about how Stars is losing him as a high-volume player, etc etc. This was back in January I believe.
So whether he really quits at the end of this year or not remains to be seen...regardless of whether he honestly believes he is going to do that.

One also would like to see a HH of the sethypooh bad play in question.
Actually, OP doesn't even need to find the specific 'raise with gutshot' hand that I'm sure he just isn't remembering correctly or didn't fully understand. He can just find ANY hands that were so grossly played by Sethypooh.
In fact, it would be more fun if these were hands in which they were both involved in the pot.

Also - I recently thought of an even better way to put onlinepro even more in his place that the games are fine and his account is not doom-switched. And that would be to let chezlaw or sethy or whoever play on his account.
Because obviously it is the belief of almost anyone here that if a good player were playing the EXACT SAME HANDS that onlinepro had they would not be a losing player. In short, his cards run the same as everyone else's whether he wants to believe it or not.

Unfortnuately, I don't know about the whole trust-issue with him letting somebody else play on his account, etc. And it's kind of against Stars' rules to the best of my knowledge. So..um...yeah...we probably shouldn't do that.

Kurn, son of Mogh 10-26-2007 01:32 PM

4. Players can see whole cards.

I knew it!!! I can only see partial cards! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Kurn, son of Mogh 10-26-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban OP for making me spit milk all over my keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or send him over to SMP so he can set them all straight on the God debate.

sethypooh21 10-26-2007 01:59 PM

I just looked through all the hands I have with OP, and the closest I come to "capping the turn" with a gutshot is where I bet/called a 3 bet with AQ on a JTxx board vs. two aggro players in a 18bb pot and caught a K on the river.

This one seems uber standard, villain is not OP, but OP was at table:

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Button mucks 7c, 7d.
Hero shows Kc, 6c (a flush, King high).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.35 BB.
($3.00 Rake)
</font>

I'm the one who overplays things? (villain is OP...)
PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero shows Js, Qh (a pair of Queens).
Button mucks 5h, As.
Outcome: Hero wins 9.00 BB.
($2.00 Rake)
</font>

Chunwah 10-26-2007 02:10 PM

Most of us would be crazy too if we played as many hours/tables as OnlinePro. It takes a toll.

Chun

MicroBob 10-26-2007 02:38 PM

sethy, chez and others - more HH's against the OP please. They're fun.

BK1248 10-26-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked through all the hands I have with OP, and the closest I come to "capping the turn" with a gutshot is where I bet/called a 3 bet with AQ on a JTxx board vs. two aggro players in a 18bb pot and caught a K on the river.

This one seems uber standard, villain is not OP, but OP was at table:

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Button mucks 7c, 7d.
Hero shows Kc, 6c (a flush, King high).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.35 BB.
($3.00 Rake)
</font>

I'm the one who overplays things? (villain is OP...)
PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Results:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero shows Js, Qh (a pair of Queens).
Button mucks 5h, As.
Outcome: Hero wins 9.00 BB.
($2.00 Rake)
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

id fold preflop with k6 clubs

sethypooh21 10-26-2007 03:09 PM

Converter error?

BK1248 10-26-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Converter error?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn joetall

zion 10-26-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....... You realise that the UK has just produced a White list that contains jurisdictions that have stringent enough procedures to satisfy the UK goverment? No I doubt you do. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!

kudzudemon 10-26-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I say online poker is rigged, I dont simply mean the software is rigged by stars. Here are some different meanings of rigged.

1. Bad players are rewarded for the sake of keeping them playing longer.

2. A few selected house players win all the time ( I have a lot of evidense supporting this fact with all the mediocre players I know winning way to much.

3. Certain accounts set to lose because they know your forced to play longer ( trying to clear bonus) or ( reaching a milestone )

4. Players can see whole cards.

5. Other unknown ways of rigging to make it unrealistic.

I am rarely wrong in any theory that I develop, which was obviously the case with online poker. I have been saying its rigged long before the Absolute scandal came up. It is only a matter of time before all sites are exposed and I am looking forward to that day, because than maybe we can have some realistic poker being played after all the smoke settles and it is regulated by Americans, where our accounts are not subject to random freezing and seizing of funds.

I am sure the chosen people who are still making money hate me for saying these things, but they too know that it is rigged, they just wont say anything because they dont want to stop their money supply.

[/ QUOTE ]

so...if a "bad" player is engaged at the table, head up, with a "house winner", and both are only a few dozen (but the same number of) hands from clearing bonus, and they can see each other's hole cards, but don't know that the other can see THEIR hole cards...what then?

The pop you hear is OP's head exploding...

HSB 10-26-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. A few selected house players win all the time ( I have a lot of evidense supporting this fact with all the mediocre players I know winning way to much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post the evidence or shut the @!$#%@#$ up already.

PKPRO20 10-26-2007 06:02 PM

I absolutely agree with you OnlinePro.

Besides what you have said, I would like to add a couple of unrealistic things about online poker that I have noticed.

In a tournament, if you notice you will see that AA or KK are hands that are used to bust people out because of some time limit. They will give you AA or KK. Then the bigger stack will also have some playable hand like JQ suited, QQ, JJ. etc., that they will use to call your all-in. Then your AA or KK will end up losing to 2 pair, trips, flush, straight, etc. If you play long enough, you will see that it happens too many times.

One time I had AA 5 times in one night. My AAs got beat all 5 times. It is unreal, unbelievable. By statistics, AA should win 85% of the time against a random hand and 82% against a lower PP.

Another unrealistic thing about online poker is that THERE ARE TOO MANY HANDS THAT MAKE STRAIGHTS OR FLUSHES. People who call all-in with a draw with a few outs usually make it. Sometimes you have 19 - 21 outs and you don't make it. I know it can also happen in real life but IT HAPPENS TOO MANY TIMES, (80%-90%), more than on live tables.

Thanks for pointing this out. It is so true. I experienced it and I know exactly what you are talking about.

Finally there is a genius on this web site!!!!

Josem 10-26-2007 06:25 PM

pkpro20 - you are kidding, right?

MuckinWinners 10-26-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should try wearing the tin foil hat shiny side out. That works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That did not help me much earlier this year.

What made the difference was the Tin Foil Tent that I built around my computer desk and chair area.

Now life is GOOT !!

MuckinWinners 10-26-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PKPRO20
stranger

Reged: 10/26/07

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he is serious ... and maybe he is OP.

Hmmmmmmmmm ......

MicroBob 10-26-2007 06:57 PM

seems similar to OP's writing style.
Then he calls OP a genius and even if he does agree with him that's just weird.

Mods care to do an IP check for hilarity sake?

PKPRO20 10-26-2007 09:36 PM

I'm not OP. I'm just another poker player who have been playing online for a long time.

I can't stand when I see that many people are still blined. Just wanted to point this out so many people can see the light!!

PKPRO20 10-26-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, i'm not kidding. I'm serious!!!

Markusgc 10-26-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand when I see that many people are still blined.
Just wanted to point this out so many people can see the light!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! Hallelujah! Preach on, brother!

PKPRO20 10-26-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not OP!!! I read the comment that people talked about this issue. Just want to share my opinion. What I stated just only a couple of unrealistic hands for online poker. There are a lot more unrealistic hands that I noticed.

NFuego20 10-26-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not OP!!! I read the comment that people talked about this issue. Just want to share my opinion. What I stated just only a couple of unrealistic hands for online poker. There are a lot more unrealistic hands that I noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

banbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanba nbanbanbanbanbanbanbanbanomgban

kdog 10-27-2007 12:43 AM

Wow, You People are Gullible

OP posts this stuff every week. And every week you guys waste part of your lives reading the thread and responding.

When are you going to learn he's trolling and not respond?

Joe Tall 10-27-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Converter error?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn joetall

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame me, Bri! Looks like the OP altered the HH to make it look "ok" to call to cold w/KTs but knowing he should be in there w/K6s and forgot to alter the results!

Josem 10-27-2007 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, i'm not kidding. I'm serious!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, you need to not keep posting. you're going to make yourself look like a moron while spewing rubbish that has no foundation in reality.

on the other hand, if you're actually going to provide any evidence for this crap you claim, you should post it.

BK1248 10-27-2007 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Converter error?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn joetall

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame me, Bri! Looks like the OP altered the HH to make it look "ok" to call to cold w/KTs but knowing he should be in there w/K6s and forgot to alter the results!

[/ QUOTE ]

we will be at Commerce every 2-3 months , so ull be seeing more of us, gl with the sox and the baby.

sixfour 10-27-2007 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban

[/ QUOTE ]

This, only opened topic to use the ignore user option

Sevenfold 10-27-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of us would be crazy too if we played as many hours/tables as OnlinePro. It takes a troll .

[/ QUOTE ]