Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   things you absolutly cannot do in video games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531290)

RikaKazak 10-29-2007 08:45 PM

Re: things you absolutly cannot do in video games

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be any good at BGH map on starcraft. I do just fine on Fastest..but BGH I suck.

Anyone willing to trade starcraft lessons for poker lessons?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do that. I played in WCG2005. Used to play terran in big matches but can teach any of them. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you learn build orders and [censored] isnt it just clicking a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be like saying, once you learn what hands to fold call or raise with pf in poker don't you just bet your good hands postflop?

(talking about playing with FULL stacks here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

starcraft is SUPER COMPLICATED

MikeSmith 10-30-2007 12:43 AM

beat final level of starcraft brood war without turning the game speed all the way down

jordiepop 10-30-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I remember when I was younger I literally spent all my time trying to beat Ghosts and Goblins on the NES. Has to be one of the hardest games ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a doubt. That game is so tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

that entire series is brutal, I've pulled enough hair out and thrown enough controllers over Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the SNES, definetly the one game that tilted me the most

[/ QUOTE ]

g&g no deaths

never played the game ... looks ridiculous though

Duke 10-30-2007 06:05 AM

Ghouls N' Ghosts used to be one of my two favorite games on the Genesis. The other was Revenge of Shinobi. I guess I really liked Strider too.

I think it's obvious which games I like the best.

blackize 10-30-2007 07:31 AM

This thread gave me the motivation to try and beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I'm 3/4 of the way through on an emulator. In the first two levels I abused the hell out of save states, but as I got more comfortable with the horrible jumping controls I was able to stop using save states about halfway through the map the first time around.

gumpzilla 10-30-2007 02:50 PM

The Ghosts N Goblins games were just brutal. Never got super good at them.

In recent games, I never got particularly good at working Ivy's Summon Suffering throw in Soulcalibur. I could do it, but the problem was that I wasn't good at mixing up the buffering, so I tended to lead into it with one particular move very often and people got used to it.

GermanGuy 10-30-2007 05:48 PM

When I played Defender of the Crown on my Commodore 64 I could never do the tournament. Never figured out how to attack that guy's shield.
I recently discovered an online version and now I can't even attack the castles anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

blackize 10-30-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I played Defender of the Crown on my Commodore 64 I could never do the tournament. Never figured out how to attack that guy's shield.
I recently discovered an online version and now I can't even attack the castles anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this game for the NES. It's insanely difficult. I beat it once which I think was by pure luck.

blackize 10-31-2007 01:16 AM

Just beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Very hard.

The ending was so [censored] tilt inducing though. Rather than you saved the princess and lived happily ever after it goes on and on about the stupid [censored] bracelet.

Vyse 10-31-2007 04:38 AM

Can't waveshine with Fox across FD and back wtf

rubbrband 10-31-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Sniping the head in Halo 3.
2. Not getting sniped in the head in Halo 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
I loled so hard at this. Aside from sucking at sniping and not getting sniped I am really good at halo. Oh wait that still makes me pretty bad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

housenuts 10-31-2007 01:44 PM

beat lost levels without continuing.

consistently lip jump in smb1. pass world 8-4 with my feet.

remember the layout of the level Complex in goldeneye

Jeff W 10-31-2007 05:07 PM

I cannot beat Shadow of the Beast.

Video games used to be [censored] hard. They don't make games that difficult any more.

Khaos4k 10-31-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Video games used to be [censored] hard. They don't make games that difficult any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try out Ninja Gaiden

TheHip41 10-31-2007 07:50 PM

jordan on expert

toss 10-31-2007 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL so true.

DonkeyKongSr 10-31-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the difficulty in old games was due to:
1) Limited (or no) lives, saves, & continues
2) Crappy controls

JuntMonkey 10-31-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL so true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I just beat that for the first time ever last week.

blackize 10-31-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Limited (or no) lives, saves, & continues

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget limited powerups. One of the biggest difficulty reducing things in newer video games, IMO, is the abundance of powerups. It used to be that you had to be really good to survive certain parts and then continue on. Now you can basically limp through and expect a full health pack to be exactly where you need it.

SuperUberBob 11-01-2007 03:52 AM

Play DDR

God I am so bad at DDR.

JackWilson 11-01-2007 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I only pulled off Zangeif's spinning pile driver in Street Fighter II once...although it may have been a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I used to be the same way then I finally got it and only played characters in SF with a 360 move from then on (I was pretty good with Sodom in Alpha). I eventually got the 720 super version of it pretty reliably too but it was never something I could guarantee I'd hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still can't do this. WTF.

Arito 11-01-2007 03:07 PM

Making a kill in Warhawk. Stupid game.

Case Closed 11-02-2007 06:42 AM

I suck hard at DOTA and it's embarrassing.

I also will never fully beat the 3rd mountain on SSX3 I just can't complete the side tasks.

Badger 11-02-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only difficult part is that in the final stage you only get once chance to get up to 88 MPH when the lightning strikes, doesn't matter how many lives you have saved up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearing this makes me kind of happy I never got there because I am quite certain I would have thrown my NES through the window had I failed. I can't remember how far I ever got in this game. I vividly remember throwing milkshakes at bullies, but not much else.

AceLuby 11-02-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only difficult part is that in the final stage you only get once chance to get up to 88 MPH when the lightning strikes, doesn't matter how many lives you have saved up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearing this makes me kind of happy I never got there because I am quite certain I would have thrown my NES through the window had I failed. I can't remember how far I ever got in this game. I vividly remember throwing milkshakes at bullies, but not much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the 2nd level and I could NEVER pass it. I owned the game and never passed that level. I'm pretty sure I threw my controller more than once because of this.

wolfbeo 11-02-2007 03:51 PM

beat zork or get anything done in starglider

Jack Bando 11-02-2007 04:53 PM

-Get to the Great Puma in Pro Wrestling (NES)
-Get to Tyson (NES)
-Throw a no-hitter in a baseball game
-Bowl a 300 in a game
-Hole in one

dizong 11-03-2007 12:14 AM

beat Mr. Big in NARC

Duke 11-03-2007 12:36 AM

I can't dance, dance, revolve.

RikaKazak 11-03-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't dance, dance, revolve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that game...I suck at it too

Artdogg 11-03-2007 04:09 PM

In MGS for PS1 I could never tap the button fast enough to survive the torture part to get the girl ending, I had to have a friend do it for me. Btw it's really stupid to have a reasonable big part of the game be based on how fast you can tap a [censored] button.

Daliman 11-03-2007 07:47 PM

-Play online FPS's and get 1/20th as many deaths as kills.
-Strum and and down or find orange fret in any GH game.

zyrrth 11-03-2007 09:07 PM

beat battletoads

Hume 11-03-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In MGS for PS1 I could never tap the button fast enough to survive the torture part to get the girl ending, I had to have a friend do it for me. Btw it's really stupid to have a reasonable big part of the game be based on how fast you can tap a [censored] button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that close to impossible in the PAL version of the game? Something about the conversion from 60 to 50 Hz.

dtemp 11-03-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played this in forever, but doesn't the game play out pretty much the same? You just get a different ending and the invisibility power. Man, I need to pick the game up and play it again.

kinda 11-04-2007 12:43 AM

One thing I absolutely cannot do in video games is finish them. I complete most of the main part of the game, then I work on getting all of the sidequests done. Then I just lose interest in the game and never end up beating it. It's been like this for God of War, multiple final fantasy games, both Kingdom Hearts games, Persona 3, the new tony hawk (which is garbage), God of War 2, scarface, etc. The last game I beat was the godfather, which was by accident because I didn't realize I had completed all of the goals in the game to reach Don status. After the cut-scene I was ready to keep playing and then it told me I was the Don of New York and I was like "huh?"

jah7_fsu1 11-04-2007 02:56 AM

So Gow 1 and 2 kickass, Kingdom Hearts are both solid, most of the FF's (don't know what you've played) rock...and the game you complete is Godfather?!

I'm the opposite...I will go crazy if I can't beat a game, I can't remember the last time I didn't fully beat a game I bought. I don't buy a ton of games though, (usually play friends games on friends systems) but if a game is worthy of a purchase for me, I ALWAYS beat it. I'm OCD like that.

dibbs 11-04-2007 03:35 AM

I've never beaten Mickey Mousecapades for NES, and I try once a year now maybe. Capcom were sadistic bastards when they made games for NES.

I can't beat the last level in Marble Madness and it life tilts me.

I remember the first level in Halo2 on Legendary (specifically that part where you're in some room with a big bomb) being one of the most frustrating spots in a videogame I have ever experienced, but I pulled through.

Das Budrick 11-04-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get counterstrike to play on my computer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly I run so bad at this, I've put in on 4 computers now and it works fine for a week and then adf;lkjfas;lkfasd;fljad

Artdogg 11-05-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that close to impossible in the PAL version of the game? Something about the conversion from 60 to 50 Hz.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what PAL means