Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530443)

RagzMaster 10-24-2007 05:55 PM

Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

Just the fact that anyone would consider playing there again tilts me hard. WTF is wrong with these people. Having "softer games now" is a piss poor excuse to ever put a penny in these theifs pockets again. C'mon people, have a little respect for yourself and others.

Catyoul 10-24-2007 05:56 PM

Strictly nothing new am I right ?

[ QUOTE ]
Upon learning of the incident, AP immediately contacted Gaming Associates

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Willywoo 10-24-2007 05:59 PM

Yes, someone has considered applying additional pressure to this matter. According to ABC, the Quebec Provincial Police have become involved.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Sto...00&page=11

NLfool 10-24-2007 06:02 PM

I think there were way more people in on it than AJ Green but there must be a ton of improprieties he knows about AP if they can't sacrifice 1 VP to take the heat off. Dramabomb coming soon?

FoxInTheHenHouse 10-24-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, someone has considered applying additional pressure to this matter. According to ABC, the Quebec Provincial Police have become involved.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Sto...00&page=11

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hold your breath [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

stickdude 10-24-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Gary:
Are you trying to say something?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's trying to say that the initials for "GaryTheGoat" are "gg"

sosorry 10-24-2007 06:07 PM

Dunno about you guys but I'm not going to be satisfied until the perp is named publicly and prosecuted for his actions.

Where's the accountability? Why wouldn't they share his name or get him prosecuted for something?

Is he even a real person? Or was he created by AP to take the blame?

Oh they terminated his contract, big deal, if nobody knows what he even did because they didn't name him, did it really happen? I mean, he can just go along with his life as normal and apply for new jobs where he could hold a trusted position and end up doing something shady again.

GaryTheGoat 10-24-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gg

[/ QUOTE ]
Gary:
Are you trying to say something?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who signed it?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

gg

ReptileHouse 10-24-2007 06:09 PM

Re: New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are here to serve you. Let us help you. We just want to be friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...nda11/mars.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.

Synergistic Explosions 10-24-2007 06:13 PM

So do the Mohawks who own AP have anybody in Costa Rica actually overseeing the company? Or is AP totally run by consultants?

Suigin406 10-24-2007 06:15 PM

meh, nothing promising here, which is not surprising

Jzo19 10-24-2007 06:16 PM

has anybody emailed the KGC yet and discussed possible penalties for AP's involvement in trying to cover up for the consultant .. ...

cassette 10-24-2007 06:16 PM

Gary there is no need to "sign" all of your posts. With today's modern technology members names and avatars appear to the immediate left of all of their posts. Not only are signatures redundant, but in your case they are also confusing as "gg" is commonly used as a short form for "good game".

GaryTheGoat 10-24-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gary there is no need to "sign" all of your posts. With today's modern technology members names and avatars appear to the immediate left of all of their posts. Not only are signatures redundant, but in your case they are also confusing as "gg" is commonly used as a short form for "good game".

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

gg

Synergistic Explosions 10-24-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anybody emailed the KGC yet and discussed possible penalties for AP's involvement in trying to cover up for the consultant .. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the KGC own AP?

Jzo19 10-24-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would be interesting to see what their response would be ...

whangarei 10-24-2007 06:21 PM

This statement says absolutely nothing new. They are trying to wait us out. I'm a pretty forgiving guy and it's starting to work on me. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Please to see new dramabomb?

ibluffoldladies 10-24-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. The suspected period of time of the security breach has been identified. This period is recent and confined to a relatively brief period. The actual dates will be publicly released upon confirmation by the third party auditor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody out there actually believe this statement?(Ikestoys excluded)

adanthar 10-24-2007 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. The suspected period of time of the security breach has been identified. This period is recent and confined to a relatively brief period. The actual dates will be publicly released upon confirmation by the third party auditor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leaning that way

1)90% sure the 7 mil article is just weird BS
2)not one person has ever sent me a single hand history prior to mid-August involving a clear superuser

ibluffoldladies 10-24-2007 06:26 PM

Adanthar,
Im curious about the time period between the cash games with doubledrag and the tournament with potripper. Wasnt that a few months or so?

h11 10-24-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But former Chief Joe Norton does. And I assume that those at the KGC at a minimum like Mr Norton. But they have put Gaming Associates on the job. I doubt Gaming Associates knows Mr Norton, since they are in Australia. Go to their website - gamingassociates.com. They seem to have an almost absurd amount of expertise in this area of investigating the honesty of gambling establishments. If they can't get to the bottom of this matter, then I doubt anyone on earth can.

gobbomom 10-24-2007 06:31 PM

I liked that ABC article, especially this part:

The Quebec provincial police told ABC News they were looking into the matter but could not comment on a pending investigation.

Frank Catania, a former gaming commissioner in New Jersey who helped the Kahnawake Gaming establish its regulations, said under commission rules AbsolutePoker could lose its license and individuals could be turned over to Canadian authorities.

"If anything was done illegally or dishonestly, the company could have their license revoked, the money could be refunded or legal ramifications could happen," he said.

somebody needs to write a detailed letter to Frank Catania.

adanthar 10-24-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,
Im curious about the time period between the cash games with doubledrag and the tournament with potripper. Wasnt that a few months or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

cash started midaugust, payup/potripper 8/23 and 8/30ish

Jan 10-24-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for a minute

ASPoker8 10-24-2007 06:31 PM

I'm confused.

What was the point of this statement? Didn't they just repeat random crap they've said in the 1st statement?

I mean, whatever, I guess I expect them to just say random [censored] and repeat themselves over and over without actually telling us anything until this whole controversy dies. That seems to be their plan.

GaryTheGoat 10-24-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leaning that way

1)90% sure the 7 mil article is just weird BS
2)not one person has ever sent me a single hand history prior to mid-August involving a clear superuser

[/ QUOTE ]

1*365*3=1095
1095:7
?

gg

gg

adanthar 10-24-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1*365*3=1095
1095:7

[/ QUOTE ]

that leaves us with the problem of 'where's the hand history' and the equally compelling 'how did people who kept it quiet for 3 years suddenly turn into psychotic monkeys overnight'

of course, this would be the type of thing that could potentially be easier figured out in Costa Rica, but, you know, Nat would obviously be corrupted or something

rabbitlover 10-24-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“Recently, AP was the victim of a breach of security in which a high-ranking consultant to the site devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems and access third-party computers and accounts to view the hole cards of other customers during play and without their knowledge, resulting in unfair play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement alone makes me think this went on for much longer than many realize. If you loaded AP, then you loaded malware, trojan, whatever you want to call it.

And quite frankly all they are doing now is explaining it away as a roque employee; come back and trust us.

Total BS.

FoxInTheHenHouse 10-24-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked that ABC article, especially this part:

The Quebec provincial police told ABC News they were looking into the matter but could not comment on a pending investigation.

Frank Catania, a former gaming commissioner in New Jersey who helped the Kahnawake Gaming establish its regulations, said under commission rules AbsolutePoker could lose its license and individuals could be turned over to Canadian authorities.

"If anything was done illegally or dishonestly, the company could have their license revoked, the money could be refunded or legal ramifications could happen," he said.

somebody needs to write a detailed letter to Frank Catania.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Quebec police have little or no jurisdiction on the reserve so that won't go anywhere.

No one from Absolute is in Canada, so they won't be turned over to authorities.

Absolute does not need a license to operate.

Since online gambling is a "gray area" under international laws, not likely to be legal ramifications....

h11 10-24-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused.

What was the point of this statement? Didn't they just repeat random crap they've said in the 1st statement?

I mean, whatever, I guess I expect them to just say random [censored] and repeat themselves over and over without actually telling us anything until this whole controversy dies. That seems to be their plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone here had posted that the investigation would be limited to an investigation of only a three and one-half week time period. The new statement says that the investigation will not be limited to a study of such a time period, although they currently believe that the crimes were limited to a relatively narrow time frame. I went to the gamingassociates web page. I think they should be able to find out what happened. They have funny indian-sounding names, in several cases, and have more degrees than I knew existed, so I'm sure they're real smart.

Josem 10-24-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any evidence that would cast doubt on this?

rabbitlover 10-24-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just the fact that anyone would consider playing there again tilts me hard. WTF is wrong with these people. Having "softer games now" is a piss poor excuse to ever put a penny in these theifs pockets again. C'mon people, have a little respect for yourself and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said; the "softer players" can and will move elsewhere if AP is held accountable (like a dead cat)

RagzMaster 10-24-2007 06:48 PM

The owners of the company were ripping off its customers in the worst way possible just a few weeks ago, and there are actually people here willing to still give them business, support them, and try and help them move forward. LOL. You guys are sick. If this 1 in a million miracle of getting our hands on the smoking gun (the file) didnt fall into our hands, they would still be ripping us off for as much as possible. And whats to say they are not still doing it RIGHT NOW. Because they say they aren't?? LOL.

No wonder the games there are soft, the players there have to be brain dead. I'd be willing to bet if thay actually made people click a consent box that their hole cards might be viewed by the owners, who also might be playing in the game, they would click it, just as long as they got rakeback, 10% interest, and a reload bonus.

What a shame.

ibluffoldladies 10-24-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. AP hasn't been honest in their statements before. That alone casts doubt.

undercooover 10-24-2007 06:51 PM

Looks like the cash game are still going strong on AP .. looks like no one care about this? looks like the player are stupied and like to lose money to superusers..
Oct 16 @ 6:49 PM 2593
Oct 17 @ 7:56 PM 2411
Oct 18 @ 7:49 PM 2461
Oct 19 @ 7:20 PM 2310
Oct 20 @ 8:20 PM 1928
Oct 21 @ 7:50 PM 2190
Oct 22 @ 7:43 PM 2490
Oct 23 @ 7:57 PM 2450

from: http://www.pokersitescout.com/SiteDe...mp;ab=76609067

FoxInTheHenHouse 10-24-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doubt = evidence?

Get a rope and let's lynch em' right now, they're all guilty!

Josem 10-24-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand what you're trying to say, I don't think this is a great way of thinking. If AP is dead to you, I don't understand why you care anyway.

On your thinking, if AP claimed that the sun will rise tomorrow, that would be reason to doubt it. Obviously this is an extreme metaphor, but if you refuse to accept the possibility that AP might be genuine in trying to fix the problems, then AP will never fix the problems in your eyes.

[ QUOTE ]
The owners of the company were ripping off its customers in the worst way possible just a few weeks ago, and there are actually people here willing to still give them business, support them, and try and help them move forward.

[/ QUOTE ]
AP claims that these people were not the owners of the company.

I would have thought that the current ownership of the company should be verifiable either way.

Of course, if Nat were there, he'd be able to chat to the people who are claiming to be the new management and get more info on it.

GrindingIt 10-24-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So do the Mohawks who own AP have anybody in Costa Rica actually overseeing the company? Or is AP totally run by consultants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they don't own AP. Scott Tam and however else does. Almost certainly the same group that started the site.

AJ isn't being outed because he'd tell everyone how long it's been going on and who is all involved. Get the douche in jail somewhere, than the real truth will be found out.

N 82 50 24 10-24-2007 06:55 PM

Gary,

PLEASE stop signing your posts "gg". Every time I see that I think "good game" and I think of the [censored] in chat who say that whenever they think they're smarter and better than others. It's making me hate you for no good reason (unless you actually are constantly saying "good game").

Can you modify it to like "gtg" or something?

-Nat

Pokeraddict 10-24-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one from Absolute is in Canada, so they won't be turned over to authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they close their Vancouver office? They had several higher ups in BC.