Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Phil Galfond? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529064)

DesertCat 10-23-2007 11:56 AM

Re: Phil Galfond?

Oh, duh.

faarcyde 10-23-2007 01:02 PM

Does anyone have what episode and season Mr Phil is on so I can purchase the show legally at my respective neighborhood store. Thanks

davidlong14 10-23-2007 01:13 PM

= jman

ALLEN BOND 10-23-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
= jman

[/ QUOTE ]

How is racking up your post count working out for you, David?

sneaker 10-23-2007 01:23 PM

what a weak performance from Galfond. If you would have put some tight 0,5-1 NL Grinder in his seat the results would have been the same. Standard ABC poker and no talking is not what people want to see. lol @ showing how the online high roller are way better than the big live names.

gbporkpie 10-23-2007 01:25 PM

How is his title not Sweaty Phil already?

KaptanKaos 10-23-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Phil Galfond? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

Snipe 10-23-2007 01:42 PM

The episode sucked. Entire season sucks.

Also, was Urindanger supposed to be on this season or am I way off here?

devilbiss 10-23-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

way off AFAIK

ALLEN BOND 10-23-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been hearing so much about this guy(s). I seen them play, but who exactly is it?

Last I heard, it was some Asian brothers aka jinsokkp

Anyone confirm?

bones 10-23-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a weak performance from Galfond. If you would have put some tight 0,5-1 NL Grinder in his seat the results would have been the same. Standard ABC poker and no talking is not what people want to see. lol @ showing how the online high roller are way better than the big live names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil isn't a clown. He's not cold-calling 2 raises with A8 because he's not [censored] terrible like the rest of the table. There are plenty of other goofs in game to watch if that's your thing.

klownage 10-23-2007 02:29 PM

lol @ ppl judging galfond's play when he only played like 40 hands or something small like that.

and lol at the ppl wanting galfond to play a loose style that is -ev against this table.

inyourface 10-23-2007 02:41 PM

He even played JJ passively. Not even raising pre with position on Sammy and Hellmuth?

WTF

I like the guy, I do but I think it was a terrible representation of what he was trying to represent - online high stake balla's

Shizzle12345 10-23-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ ppl judging galfond's play when he only played like 40 hands or something small like that.

and lol at the ppl wanting galfond to play a loose style that is -ev against this table.

[/ QUOTE ]
how is playing a loose style -ev at this table? Gold is terrible, that rich fat guy who dropped alot is terrible, and Farha seemed to tilt pretty hard playing like 80% of flops.

cbloom 10-23-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ people wanting jman to play -ev poker just to get more TV time like sammy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing to the cameras on TV is ++EV. DUCY?

ps. I can't believe how many great poker players fail to do this; they're literally throwing away tons of money. (tons = hundreds of thousands perhaps?)

Stinger88 10-23-2007 03:13 PM

he was trying to play really conservative the first day because he wanted to put 500k on the table 2nd day, which he was promised to be on, but the producer changed his mind

EC10 10-23-2007 03:36 PM

gabe kaplan saying "galfond folds, what a surprise" or some [censored] like that really annoys me. jman is the [censored], it really sucks he got lamed out of pwning those clowns.

inyourface 10-23-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was trying to play really conservative the first day because he wanted to put 500k on the table 2nd day, which he was promised to be on, but the producer changed his mind

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't get, why couldn't he set aside $3-400k for day 2 AND a single $500k for day three. Therefore not playing with tomorrows money today and LAG'ging it up for the camera's.

I'm nowhere naive enough to think he had a massive chunk of his roll on the table for day 2 so whats the harm in doing the above. I don't see the point playing day 2 just sitting there waiting for day 3, promises or not.

overthaline 10-23-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This I don't get, why couldn't he set aside $3-400k for day 2 AND a single $500k for day three. Therefore not playing with tomorrows money today and LAG'ging it up for the camera's.

I'm nowhere naive enough to think he had a massive chunk of his roll on the table for day 2 so whats the harm in doing the above. I don't see the point playing day 2 just sitting there waiting for day 3, promises or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read his trip report [censored]

VPIP100 10-23-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He even played JJ passively. Not even raising pre with position on Sammy and Hellmuth?

WTF

I like the guy, I do but I think it was a terrible representation of what he was trying to represent - online high stake balla's

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the [censored] would he reraise JJ there?

Its clear you dont understand anything about game dynamics.

andy099 10-23-2007 04:55 PM

has anyone heard what phil thinks of the way he has been represented on hsp now that he's watched it

[Phill] 10-23-2007 05:02 PM

His average stack with the straddles was like 40-80BBs deep - im not sure if your aware, but calling a raise with 93 or whatever trash he was getting dealt would be pretty bad.

He played for 2 hours, and in total probably got 70 hands, tops - probably 50 or less. In that time he happened to get two playable hands and played them pretty solid (though its easy to criticise the QQ hand when you can see the hole cards).

Its a shame Phil didnt get to play the 500k game because it would have been really good TV to see him shove 36 on a TT2 flop against Hellmuth and show it tilting him to [censored] and other crazy LAG stuff like that - but on the 100k day he was just too short and the game just too loose to do anything but TAG it up.

Zophar 10-23-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He looked out of place and not entirely comfortable

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what ship it holla ballas look like

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliantly accurate.

Pudge714 10-23-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliantly accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can something be brilliantly accurate?

Zophar 10-23-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliantly accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]
How can something be brilliantly accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]
brilliantly accurate>incredibly accurate>accurate

It's what accurate truely achives to be. The Harry Potter/NYDolls photo sums it up best.

chicagoY 10-23-2007 06:42 PM

see aba

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-23-2007 06:47 PM

lol @ people in this thread questioning Jman's strategy for anything poker related.

go back to $.25 NL and drooling over tv poker.

Dima2000123 10-23-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ people wanting jman to play -ev poker just to get more TV time like sammy.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Doyle said, you have to give action to get action. Jman didn't give any action, and thus he lost his action. Even Sklansky himself wrote in TOP that sometimes for political reasons you should play suboptimal poker to really maximize your EV in a larger sense.

[Phill] 10-23-2007 08:21 PM

Lolol, you do realise that if he planned on LAGing it up on the day 2, he should be playing uber TAG day 1?

And again, he had less than 2 hours of play.

STA654 10-23-2007 08:33 PM

I really wish he didn't get in on the day before the 500k day, and he only played with the 500k min buy-in.

Without Sammy and Elizra there, plus being 5x more deepstacked he could have played a lot looser.

LesterDiamond 10-23-2007 08:34 PM

He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

flop AJ3

admo bets. sweaty phil comes over the top all in. admo says im not good enough to lay this down and calls.

well played?
u tell me...

sh58 10-23-2007 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the JJ call was good. if he raised there he would get no action at all because of his image, so the call there is much better imo, it is tougher to play that way but definitely correct given the situation. look what happened when brandon had KK

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-23-2007 08:50 PM

link for that?

Hendricks433 10-23-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was also on a couple eps of UCP if anyone wants to pull up a link to those. I remember one hand where he lost like a 300k pot to admo.
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

[/ QUOTE ] He has an amazing call down on cash poker vs I think kido pham.

[Phill] 10-23-2007 09:23 PM

I know you cant provide links or stuff, but if anyone knows what series/eps Jman has played on im curious for a watch sometime.

LesterDiamond 10-23-2007 09:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAUKuL_1S5A

all i could find.

mindcirkus 10-23-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His average stack with the straddles was like 40-80BBs deep - im not sure if your aware, but calling a raise with 93 or whatever trash he was getting dealt would be pretty bad.

He played for 2 hours, and in total probably got 70 hands, tops - probably 50 or less. In that time he happened to get two playable hands and played them pretty solid (though its easy to criticise the QQ hand when you can see the hole cards).

Its a shame Phil didnt get to play the 500k game because it would have been really good TV to see him shove 36 on a TT2 flop against Hellmuth and show it tilting him to [censored] and other crazy LAG stuff like that - but on the 100k day he was just too short and the game just too loose to do anything but TAG it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in this life or the next that jman would ever shove 500k on the flop with 36 on a TT2 board. You clearly have not read jman's posts, articles, or watched his cardrunners video. This is not Brad Booth we are talking about here.

Eagles 10-23-2007 09:38 PM

Link to Jman on cash poker

corpseartist 10-23-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sweaty phil 33
admo JJ

[/ QUOTE ] He has an amazing call down on cash poker vs I think kido pham.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a straight vs kido's ten high

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=901590594

[Phill] 10-23-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way in this life or the next that jman would ever shove 500k on the flop with 36 on a TT2 board. You clearly have not read jman's posts, articles, or watched his cardrunners video. This is not Brad Booth we are talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolol, obviously he wouldnt. I just struggled to come up with a credible example so i went in the other direction.