Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527378)

nath 10-20-2007 07:58 PM

Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

and misspells "rogue" in bold about four times in four sentences on page 2

other than that it is good tho

Dan Druff 10-20-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a quasi-statement from AP. This is coming from a phone call, so don't quote me exactly.

--------

AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with. He was a highly trusted consultant of the company and it is very possible that he could have played from Scott's house when Scott was not there. He used 3rd party software and did this from a number of locations in the world not limited to Costa Rica.

AP also says they have proof that Oscar, Scott and Brent are not associated with this (my note: he did not mention AJ, but I didn't remember to ask him for clarification).

AP also says they would like to invite any trusted 2p2 or P5er (b/c Adam Small is in Costa Rica) to come into the office and view the details/data for OSCAR133.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they explain that he did this with 6 accounts, two of which (STEAMROLLER, POTRIPPER) were directly registered to "former" AP CEOs?

N 82 50 24 10-20-2007 07:59 PM

Also, that is not "THE" AP statement, it's just some interim stuff that they want to get out there.

I am told the full statement is being complicated by AP's lawyers and issues with the 3rd party audit. I was not told a deadline for release.

N 82 50 24 10-20-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a quasi-statement from AP. This is coming from a phone call, so don't quote me exactly.

--------

AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with. He was a highly trusted consultant of the company and it is very possible that he could have played from Scott's house when Scott was not there. He used 3rd party software and did this from a number of locations in the world not limited to Costa Rica.

AP also says they have proof that Oscar, Scott and Brent are not associated with this (my note: he did not mention AJ, but I didn't remember to ask him for clarification).

AP also says they would like to invite any trusted 2p2 or P5er (b/c Adam Small is in Costa Rica) to come into the office and view the details/data for OSCAR133.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they explain that he did this with 6 accounts, two of which (STEAMROLLER, POTRIPPER) were directly registered to "former" AP CEOs?

[/ QUOTE ]
He claims that type of thing will come out. It might be significant that he didn't mention AJ as being innocent. I dunno.

teh_minbet_pokr 10-20-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

seems awfully convenient...but this could lead to a whole new set of dramabombs...

nath 10-20-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with.

[/ QUOTE ]
C-O-E-R-C-E-D, find out what it means to me...

Adam Selene 10-20-2007 08:01 PM

"They accidentally identify Scott Tom as "Tom Green" on page 1"

They fixed it quickly.

nath 10-20-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They fixed it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
So they did. However, there are still many mentions of a "rouge programmer" on page 2. Typo, or sneaky way of blaming tribal gaming?

TonyRoflmao 10-20-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP - why not post your org structure and changes to it dating back to inception along with all major company filings? Just the stuff that would be on record if you were a public company, nothing propreitary. Personally, I would just like to see of a list of every entity (person and company) that has equity in AP or receives any compensation directly proportional to corporate revenue or profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Information regarding current and past executive officers may be available in a report like this one:

Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Report on Absolute Entertainment, SA

cpitt398 10-20-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They fixed it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone with the name of Green we should be looking into?

pokerstudAA 10-20-2007 08:06 PM

There obviously needs to be more transparency in the online gaming industry. These offshore privately owned companies are completely unaccountable for their actions. The lesson I have learned from this entire scandal is that this industry needs to be regulated (by someone other than a group of 5 canadian indians).

fnord_too 10-20-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is true I would expect:
Legal and civil actions taken against this person
No odd money trails to him or any of his family from about a week ago on

The second one is hard to check up on.

In any case, I would fully expect AP to become much more transparent, since obviously they have violated the trust of everyone who played there and have done huge disservice to all the other vendors.

Additionally, did they ever answer the question of just how they conducted a thorough, good faith, week (+?) long investigation and found absolutely nothing wrong, then in the course of a few days after releasing their findings completely reverse their position? Perhaps they could release the investigation notes that lead them to their conclusions? Or admit they lied about performing the investigation, or actively tried to cover up the fraud. (Note: There really is no acceptable answer here: They either failed in their dilligence to protect their customers, are completely incompetent, or just outright fraudulent.)

nath 10-20-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They fixed it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name "A.J. Green" has come up ~10,000 times in these threads.

fnord_too 10-20-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP has secured notarized statements from the person who perpetrated this crime. He confessed to a number of accounts that he did this with.

[/ QUOTE ]
C-O-E-R-C-E-D, find out what it means to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

please please please....

he may have just been bought.

apefish 10-20-2007 08:10 PM

Highly trusted consultant this time.

Hey... its an upgrade at least from "lol its not happening and never could" to "chips were dumped but in no way were we compromised" to "rogue geek took a joke too far to prove a point" to... "hey we gots an important consultant now".

It's possible I'm going to have a hearty lol when this statment comes out.

Are they going to blame security? risk management? a baller buddy of scott tom? who knows. stay tuned imo.

R*R 10-20-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they want us to see the OSCAR a/c as this guy is an innocent. That would work for them. But are they going to provide details on the other suspicious accounts?

Also, I have alot of trusted friends and employees but they do not have the keys to my house. Scott had an open door policy at his house for Absolute employees(even the "geeks")? hmmmm. More weird stuff.

adanthar 10-20-2007 08:11 PM

apefish,

some of this, at least, can easily be doublechecked through information and sources we have kept back. for example, I think it will be far easier than you think to verify/disprove a Scott Tom alibi.

trambopoline 10-20-2007 08:12 PM

I dont understand. If Scott Tom was truly innocent, how would he have not went on every forum/website and gotten his name cleared? I know thats the first thing I would do if someone accused me of cheating and I was actually innocent.

Schneids 10-20-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm skeptical. This all still wreaks of a payoff to a fallguy.

Number27 10-20-2007 08:13 PM

So as of right now AP's story is that a "consultant" of AP's was flying around the world (including Scott Tom's house) while using multiple people's accounts and hacking the AP system.

For this to be true:

1) The "consultant" has to be close enough to Absolute Poker to have the keys to Scott Tom's house.
2) He has to have enough money to easily get back and forth from Costa Rica/Miami/other places in a relatively short period of time.
3) By labeling him a consultant they are conveniently distancing the cheater from Absolute poker.
4) This cheater has given them a signed confession in less that 48 hours, presumably without legal representation since legal counsel would almost assuredly take longer to pore over all of this evidence before allowing a statement like this.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong; but wasn't User 343's IP address different than POTRIPPER's? What legal action is going to be taken against this mystery man? Assuming they know where he is (they have a notarized statement) why haven't they turned over this evidence to authorities.

I'll reserve the right to change my mind; but right now this looks like a fall guy.

Franchise 60 10-20-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm skeptical. This all still wreaks of a payoff to a fallguy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true...

nole91 10-20-2007 08:14 PM

1. I would surmise that the chord struck re: the pics comes from wives/girlfriends flipping out at their pics being included in this mess. Don't continue to insult us Absolute- Oscar is/was a presence in your company.

2. I hope that Absolute realizes that any statement implicating a lower level employee better come with a ton of evidence.

3. Remember that without the XLS HH, this story would have been filed under the "Tin Foil Hat Tales" category.

4. No matter what, they cheated us. Protecting the integrity of the game is their responsiblity, not ours.

5. Will Mark Seif be issuing an apology, especially for his King Toolbox performance in the last 1K?

fnord_too 10-20-2007 08:15 PM

I wonder if this consultant is also a frat brother.

adanthar 10-20-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, correct me if I'm wrong; but wasn't User 363's IP address different that POTRIPPER's?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong

Toasta 10-20-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd party software, this shocks me more than any other thing i have read in all threads.

N 82 50 24 10-20-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I would surmise that the chord struck re: the pics comes from wives/girlfriends flipping out at their pics being included in this mess. Don't continue to insult us Absolute- Oscar is/was a presence in your company.

[/ QUOTE ]
AP didn't deny that. If they did, I probably wouldn't have been able to talk to the guy anymore because I'd be rolling on the floor laughing. He's obviously involved. They just said he was not the CFO (could not be the CFO on a technicality) and was not involved in this particular scandal. And his wife and family definitely were not involved.

Number27 10-20-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, correct me if I'm wrong; but wasn't User 363's IP address different that POTRIPPER's?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Good job on everything so far. I hope you guys have enough info/sources to fact check the upcoming statement because right now the story is still extremely fishy.

N 82 50 24 10-20-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd party software, this shocks me more than any other thing i have read in all threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Careful... 3rd party software could mean a lot of things. I think we'll see a lot of details about this come out soon.

cpitt398 10-20-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They fixed it quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name "A.J. Green" has come up ~10,000 times in these threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i dont remember names in movies either.

West 10-20-2007 08:20 PM

i've read a good bit of these threads, and even watched most of the Potripper youtube, but I never caught the ten high or 92 or some such hand that I've seen mentioned a few times. Can anyone post the hand for the curious?

pokerstudAA 10-20-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Careful... 3rd party software could mean a lot of things. I think we'll see a lot of details about this come out soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I saw this software on ebay. I didnt believe it worked. Guess I better order a copy.

Toasta 10-20-2007 08:20 PM

yeah, many really bad things when its not meant to be vpn/remote screening.

estoysinblanca 10-20-2007 08:20 PM

I'd definately like to read something in the statement about whether any cash out transactions happened, how much spread over all these accounts..

And i don't know but could this really be a one-man-show? I can't imagine one guy pulling this off.. Maybe they paid somebody in the company a load of money, he'd become the scapegoat, gets fired. Moves to CR or Panama with the bribe money and never looks back? AP's top people out of shot and keep on living the dream. Or am i imaginating too much?

apefish 10-20-2007 08:20 PM

Adanthar- I'm not doubting that.

I just wanted mostly to note the absurd parade of lies and changing stories.

I'm giving a wide berth to actually posting speculation in this thread.

Torello 10-20-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stay tuned imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am tuned imo.

This is exactly like some network TV serial drama, where they have to fill out 20 episodes. First AP told us 0% of the truth, then 10% of the truth, then 20%. They're probably up to about 50%, and the coming statement will be 60-70%.

We all know that there's no chance we're not going to get to 100%, but it's a lot more intriguing this way. Every new episode has a huge dramabomb that gives us 700 posts of fun but only advances the plot a tiny bit.

helemaalnicks 10-20-2007 08:25 PM

well, at least they censored their own forum, to make sure people will stay, their website doesn't say anything either, I would like an explanation on that matter too.

knoepke84 10-20-2007 08:26 PM

seems to me like this upcoming statement may implicate Scott's best friend A.J., since they can't afford the originating owner/founder to be guilty, it's much easier to throw the best friend under the bus and take the entire blame

mshafer000 10-20-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems to me like this upcoming statement may implicate Scott's best friend A.J., since they can't afford the originating owner/founder to be guilty, it's much easier to throw the best friend under the bus and take the entire blame

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likley.......

Jim Kuhn 10-20-2007 08:27 PM

I think the consultant will turn out to be 'one of the frat boys' that performed programming for Absolute. In my opinion he 'will take the fall' but many others were also 'in one the job'. That is jmho.

SeriousStudent 10-20-2007 08:29 PM

If one were using GoToMyPC to remotely access a computer at Scott Tom's house, or anwhere else, actions performed by the remotely accessed PC would have the IP of that PC, not the PC initiating the GoToMyPC session.