Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We haven't won yet: latest (10/19) cliff's notes on AP scandal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526824)

NLfool 10-19-2007 09:20 PM

Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but think that Absolute is gonna offer BIG hush money to some people on this site. It's their only way out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a way out at this point I dont think.

Besides N82, Ad, and Dan seem to be above taking such money

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd totally take a million dollars. Sorry guys [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe Scott you listening?

Synergistic Explosions 10-19-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont know where this should be inserted in the cliffsnotes timeline but it was on august22, before the potripper tourney, where I got 2nd to one of the cheating accounts, Payup, in the 1k mtt.

I laughed about Payups invincibility throughout the course of the tourney with inissint while on the phone but didnt think anything of it really until 2+2 started looking into the potripper tourney which i THINK occured later. I sent adanthar my hh for the payup tourney and he essentilly confirmed that the same shenanigans were involved and the payup account was also closed by AP.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I haven't heard about this tourney before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I identified it from Sheets' and Grinder's (who finished fifth) hand histories and publicly mentioned Payup as the fifth account, but didn't bother making all but a few hands of that donkament public because I was getting tired of obvious superuser accounts by then and it was obvious to everyone anyhow.

Sample HH from the tournament: the guy plays 90/80 for 4 hours, then gets AhKh up against 77 on a 7xx 2 heart flop and check/calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Is there any proof that this guy played his hands the same way he did as POTRIPPER when it came to opponents mid pocket pairs?

adanthar 10-19-2007 09:26 PM

you'll have to take my word for it solely because it got really really old, but trust me, he had the "donkey seeing hole cards" thing down pat

slickmick777 10-19-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dont know where this should be inserted in the cliffsnotes timeline but it was on august22, before the potripper tourney, where I got 2nd to one of the cheating accounts, Payup, in the 1k mtt.

I laughed about Payups invincibility throughout the course of the tourney with inissint while on the phone but didnt think anything of it really until 2+2 started looking into the potripper tourney which i THINK occured later. I sent adanthar my hh for the payup tourney and he essentilly confirmed that the same shenanigans were involved and the payup account was also closed by AP.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I haven't heard about this tourney before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I identified it from Sheets' and Grinder's (who finished fifth) hand histories and publicly mentioned Payup as the fifth account, but didn't bother making all but a few hands of that donkament public because I was getting tired of obvious superuser accounts by then and it was obvious to everyone anyhow.

Sample HH from the tournament: the guy plays 90/80 for 4 hours, then gets AhKh up against 77 on a 7xx 2 heart flop and check/calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is huge and shows that this has more than likely happened in more than one donkument.
what was the action after the check call???
ty for everything adanthar and everyone!

adanthar 10-19-2007 09:28 PM

sorry, it wasn't AhKh v. 77, I got my hands confused. remember, he's playing 90/80:

COCESARYUME - Posts small blind $800
QUAT4444 - Posts big blind $1600
Dealt to COCESARYUME [8h 8s]
THE GRINDER - Folds
DAVIDP18 - Folds
PAYUP - Raises $3200 to $3200
ADSKIY_BOSS - Folds
DRAWGANGSTA - Folds
BLANCONEGRO - Raises $8000 to $8000
COCESARYUME - Folds
QUAT4444 - Folds
PAYUP - Calls $4800
*** FLOP *** [10d 6h 9h]
PAYUP - Checks
BLANCONEGRO - Bets $12222
PAYUP - Calls $12222
*** TURN *** [10d 6h 9h] [4h]
PAYUP - Checks
BLANCONEGRO - Bets $24000
PAYUP - Raises $48000 to $48000
BLANCONEGRO - All-In(Raise) $27650 to $51650
PAYUP - Calls $3650
*** RIVER *** [10d 6h 9h 4h] [10c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BLANCONEGRO - Shows [8c 7s] (Straight, six to ten)
PAYUP - Shows [Ah Kh] (Flush, ace high)

Date Buyin Tournament/Event Place Entrants Winnings
9/7/2007 $50 NL Hold'em 40 235 —
8/25/2007 $500 NL Hold'em 248 306 —
8/22/2007 $1,000 NL Hold'em 1 119 $35,700.00
8/18/2007 $500 NL Hold'em 248 365 —
8/14/2007 $100 NL Hold'em 20 85 —
8/14/2007 $50 NL Hold'em 63 136 —
8/13/2007 $3 NL Hold'em+Rebuys 628 713 —
8/9/2007 $10 NL Hold'em 54 121 —
6/20/2007 $1,000 NL Hold'em 28 94 —
6/4/2007 $10 NL Hold'em 51 134 —
6/1/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 6 19 —
5/30/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 3 16 —
5/22/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 2 13 $12.00
5/14/2007 $30 NL Hold'em+Rebuys 165 207 —
5/10/2007 $25 NL Hold'em 225 315 —
5/9/2007 $20 NL Hold'em 59 85 —
5/1/2007 $25 NL Hold'em 114 299 —
3/22/2007 $5 NL Hold'em 328 396 —
3/21/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 27 29 —
3/20/2007 $5 NL Hold'em 219 426 —
3/20/2007 $3 NL Hold'em 35 42 —

SgtJake 10-19-2007 09:30 PM

Won't the mass media lose interest in this story soon? And isn't AP very happy with the way they've come out so far in the media? They have little motivation to do much else at this point (other than player reimbursement).

DROP SOME BOMBS

Synergistic Explosions 10-19-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'll have to take my word for it solely because it got really really old, but trust me, he had the "donkey seeing hole cards" thing down pat

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately take you at your word. I only asked if he played opponents mid pocket pairs the same way as POTRIPPER because I wondered if it was the same person. I thought POTRIPPER played those hands in a unique style, while others might play them differently when viewing opponents hole cards.

Thanks for your hard work BTW.

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-19-2007 09:32 PM

adanthar,

idk, i think to me that hh looks more like a player knowing what was to come rather than a player knowing what another player had.
granted once he saw the flop, he played like he knew what the other player had, but if he knew the cards, and wanted to reduce variance and ensure that he would pick up the chips already in the middle, why wouldn't he just shove preflop rather than flat call and take a flop?

adanthar 10-19-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

idk, i think to me that hh looks more like a player knowing what was to come rather than a player knowing what another player had.
granted once he saw the flop, he played like he knew what the other player had, but if he knew the cards, and wanted to reduce variance and ensure that he would pick up the chips already in the middle, why wouldn't he just shove preflop rather than flat call and take a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop

just stop

he cheated

I am not going through another 3 hours of HH's to satisfy random people over an issue that the site has already admitted to

ok? ok

edit: also, it helps here when you're a superuser and know that two eights aren't in the deck so 87 only has 4 outs

cakewalk 10-19-2007 09:35 PM

http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/ab...stic-river.jpg
http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/absolute-khan.jpg
http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/ab...igh-plains.jpg
http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/ab...gh-anxiety.jpg
http://www.adamrichardson.com/2p2/absolute-die-hard.jpg

by admo

apefish 10-19-2007 09:35 PM

Just to make sure it's in this thread...

We have two obvious dumping accounts also.

Romnaldo and I think the other was Supercard55

That's at least 7 accounts involved in this elaborate "rogue geek" plan where he made no attempts apparently to cash out- only to prove a point.

mrmandelbrot 10-19-2007 09:36 PM

I dont see anything suspicious about the way that hand was played. But obv a decent player with 363 access would play most hands normally to avoid detection.

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-19-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

[/ QUOTE ]

stop

just stop

he cheated

I am not going through another 3 hours of HH's to satisfy random people over an issue that the site has already admitted to

ok? ok

[/ QUOTE ]

chill the [censored] out man.

i never insinuated that he didn't cheat. quite trying to prove [censored], i'm not some random person you need to prove [censored] to.

i was just commenting on the difference between his play and POTRIPPER's play in case it might be something else we can start looking for in other hh's.

ok?
christ.

southerndog 10-19-2007 09:37 PM

Re: Lie Harder

the sheets thing kind of throws a new wrinkle in it.. Before reading the MSNBC article, I felt that it almost seemed like Potripper wanted to get caught. The fact that the employee sent that excel file makes it even more suspicious.

Bottom line, I want a superuser account.

adanthar 10-19-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was just commenting on the difference between his play and POTRIPPER's play in case it might be something else we can start looking for in other hh's.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. nah, seemed like the same clown.

slickmick777 10-19-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar,

[/ QUOTE ]

stop

just stop

he cheated

ok? ok

edit: also, it helps here when you're a superuser and know that two eights aren't in the deck so 87 only has 4 outs

[/ QUOTE ]
lol thats fair enough if you say it was cheating it was cheating.

___1___ 10-19-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to make sure it's in this thread...

We have two obvious dumping accounts also.

Romnaldo and I think the other was Supercard55

That's at least 7 accounts involved in this eloborate "rogue geek" plan where he made no attempts apparently to cash out- only to prove a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The MSNBC article stated that he never cashed out any money. So I'm supposed to believe over multiple months he cheated playing on at least 5 different accounts, dumped chips to two other accounts for no reason at all, and never cashed out.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt

Edit: And, in the course of trying to hack the system, this rogue programmer played multiple "cover" tournaments (and cover cash game hands) so his cheating wouldn't be so obvious? All this not to cash out any money.

GaryTheGoat 10-19-2007 09:41 PM

Admo,

A welcome addition to any thread. Lie Hard lol

Any line on the Seif/Stukin(sp?) heads-up (re)match of 2/15/06?

gg

Suigin406 10-19-2007 09:45 PM

after this blows over (hopefully not anytime soon), we gotta take a pole and find out which admo pic is the best

mntbikr15 10-19-2007 09:47 PM

AP lied, no statement.

One small bomb plz???

Naismith 10-19-2007 09:48 PM

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but none of their reasoning makes any sense. They knew the steamroller account belonged to Scott Tom and ignored it during their initial investigation, yet now they expect us to buy this rogue employee theory when the whole thing smells of a massive coverup.

TGB 10-19-2007 09:50 PM

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/402...ortonadoe1.jpg

R*R 10-19-2007 09:50 PM

I have not played or had money in my account at Absolute for six months.I have not withdrawn money from there in 6 months. I just got this out of the blue. I have not clicked on accept yet in case its bogus or contacted MB(there support is so slow). Is this for real? This is not a level by me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Money Received

Dear Moneybookers customer,

Greetings from moneybookers.com! We would like to inform you that you have received a payment from moneybookers@ absolutepoker.com .

Payment Details

Amount: EUR 359.56
ID: 49573824
Subject: You must use the link below to accept the payment.
Note:https://www.moneybookers.com/accept....t_id?=49573824

Your money is waiting for you : https://www.moneybookers.com.

We hope you enjoy your cash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NLfool 10-19-2007 09:50 PM

it's a technicality. They didn't cash it out. Simply dumped to other players and 300k was dumped at one sitting. Spinning it. Nothing new here. Their character does not change overnight.

adanthar 10-19-2007 09:54 PM

If 359.56 euro = $500, you must've observed a 1K table

if it's not, who knows

imabigdeal 10-19-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If 359.56 euro = $500, you must've observed a 1K table

if it's not, who knows

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it is roughly $500

Rips 10-19-2007 09:58 PM

That is about right. It equals $500.

Wish I had observed that table. :<

TehVader 10-19-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after this blows over (hopefully not anytime soon), we gotta take a pole and find out which admo pic is the best

[/ QUOTE ]

And it will be the greatest pole in the history of the internet too since it doesn't look like this is ending anytime soon

suzzer99 10-19-2007 10:00 PM

I'm naming my first 3 children Serge, Nat and Admo.

Should be a fun house.

DeepThroat 10-19-2007 10:00 PM

i believe this whole ordeal will end sooner than you guys think

SgtJake 10-19-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe this whole ordeal will end sooner than you guys think

[/ QUOTE ]

And why do you say that stranger?

apefish 10-19-2007 10:01 PM

Haven't there been moneybookers phishing scams running around lately?

I just did some checking - that exact amount traces to some confirmed phishing scams using moneybookers name.

edit: it sounds an awful lot like a phish.

R*R 10-19-2007 10:01 PM

I have not been on ABS for at least 6 months to play or observe. Ok I will check with MB if its legit.

cjd 10-19-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not played or had money in my account at Absolute for six months.I have not withdrawn money from there in 6 months. I just got this out of the blue. I have not clicked on accept yet in case its bogus or contacted MB(there support is so slow). Is this for real? This is not a level by me.

Money Received

Greetings from moneybookers.com! We would like to inform you that you have received a payment from moneybookers@ absolutepoker.com .

Payment Details

. . . <snip> . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I googled "359.56 eur". Bunch of links come up saying that it's a phishing scam to get your username/password information that's been going on for years from people claiming to be moneybookers. Moneybrookers does NOT appear to be involved.

On the possibility that it's a coincidence, I'd contact MB support in case you do have free money .. But don't trust that link in the email. In fact, I bet if you view the email headers it'll show it's a fake, or if you hover over the link it won't show in your browser status bar that it's going to send you to where it says it will.

Edit: apefish types faster than I do. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Maple Leafs 10-19-2007 10:05 PM

Hey guys...

I'm far from a seasoned veteran but I have worked as a journalist in a past life. If anyone is being asked for an interview and wants to know how to best get your message across to a reporter, let me know and I'll come up with a few tips.

admiralfluff 10-19-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think an enforcement pole could really help resolve this situation. Victor?

estoysinblanca 10-19-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Money Received

Payment Details

ID: 49573824
Subject: You must use the link below to accept the payment.
Note:https://www.moneybookers.com/accept....t_id?=49573824

Your money is waiting for you : https://www.moneybookers.com.

We hope you enjoy your cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do NOT NOT NOT accept that mail, click that link..

It's a SCAM!!! The real moneybookers mails would never call you "dear moneybookers customer".. Log into moneybookers and you'll see there's no payment pending..

A buddy of mine got that email too..it's a dirty scam

fuckn costa rican crooks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

LOUDmouth 10-19-2007 10:13 PM

I also recieved that phishing mail. Even the same ID: 49573824 A funny thing though, the link goes to a fake Ebay login page

Stupid crooks

R*R 10-19-2007 10:21 PM

Thanks for the good advice. When I hover over link it says www.rednada.com.a. Definitely a scam.
Wow it did not take Tom long to find a new business venture. Oh right.....just in....he was framed. Sorry about that Scott.

mrmandelbrot 10-19-2007 10:26 PM

For anyone on the trail of Mr. Tom's likeness, a hot lead might be possible media coverage of Ultimate Poker Challenge III at The Plaza (11/05). Mr. Tom finished 17th and his brother 13th in that 10k event.

And at the very least, this confirms Andy Bloch knows what the guy looks like:

[ QUOTE ]

Andy Bloch knocks out Scott Tom
2005-11-28 16:55:56 EDT

On a board of 10c6c2s10s Andy Bloch moved all in and Scott Tom called all in for 35k. The players showed:

Scott Tom AA

Andy Bloch Jd10d

The river came a blank and Bloch took the pot with his trip 10's to eliminate Scott Tom in 17th place.

[/ QUOTE ]