Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524992)

N 82 50 24 10-17-2007 02:38 PM

Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.

[/ QUOTE ]
A confidential source told me that the guy is no longer with the company.

But maybe someone else is willing to send this stuff out.

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW, I was told that by two separate confidential sources, both of whom did not want to post on their names. I trust both of them.

ammbo 10-17-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, you are saying the guy is no longer with the company as of very recently? And because of this situation? Feel free to not elaborate, you have divulged plenty.

goofyballer 10-17-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys have an account on digg, it wouldn't hurt to digg the blog story on the NYTimes. We need a bunch of diggs for it to make it to the front page.

http://www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Abs...lown_Wide_Open

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, all you have to do is register a Digg account (free, ez, fast) and then click a button on the site and that will help get this story out to a ton of people. It only has 56 diggs right now when there are clearly way more people than that reading this thread.

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just skimming through the comments on the Freakonomics blog. I was both depressed by and encouraged by the number of people who are not convinced that cheating occurred. They may never be convinced, since it takes some thought and good poker knowledge to see it. This is depressing as anything that keeps people from seeing the truth is depressing. It's encouraging because I would hate to see a public overreaction that all online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a person left this comment on digg. "Most claims that online poker is rigged are ridiculous and have no basis in facts. I don't understand how after looking at the hand histories and other relevant info any poker player could try and dispute the claim that cheating has occurred here."

Utterly ridiculous. This is what you call an argument through ignorance. Very annoying.

SGspecial 10-17-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would include the fact that AP looked into the matter, including the tournament that we now have the complete hand history for, and then released a statement saying that they found no evidence of cheating.

Either they are:

1. Dumber than my eight year old.
2. Assisting in the cover-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

History is littered with criminals who came up with ingenious ways to cheat or steal, and then came up with the most brain dead mistakes to get caught. There is simply no reason to believe this affair is any different. As for the excel file containing evidence against Scott Tom specifically, you have to ask yourself was this simply another AP support blunder, an "I, robot" style breadcrumb sent by an employee with a conscience, or a "Sherlock Holmes" style red herring.

yeknod 10-17-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a post by "jacktipper" from P5's. I'll preface it by saying that this user name just registered today:

Wow - how shady is this. Scott Tom isn't the CEO of AP, he's the CEO of the company that owns AP and UB. I for one know he's still involved with the company business of BOTH sites.

Keep in mind, the people that own this site are 20-somethings, who are rich, living in a country with no rules (Costa Rica)... I'm just surprised it's taken so long for someone to get caught.

So - how bad is it in AP's ***official*** release that they lie and try to coverup that Scott hasn't been a part of the company.

Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very good if it can be proved

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this seems like the logical next point to investigate. If it can be shown that Scott Tom is currently/or was during the last year year still involved with AP, their latest press release would be a proven lie, and it would implicate Mark Seif who posted said release in his blog. Since he, as a partowner, certainly should know whether Scott Tom still is/was involved with AP.

albedoa 10-17-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just skimming through the comments on the Freakonomics blog. I was both depressed by and encouraged by the number of people who are not convinced that cheating occurred. They may never be convinced, since it takes some thought and good poker knowledge to see it. This is depressing as anything that keeps people from seeing the truth is depressing. It's encouraging because I would hate to see a public overreaction that all online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a person left this comment on digg. "Most claims that online poker is rigged are ridiculous and have no basis in facts. I don't understand how after looking at the hand histories and other relevant info any poker player could try and dispute the claim that cheating has occurred here."

Utterly ridiculous. This is what you call an argument through ignorance. Very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misread the comment. He is saying that despite all the bogus claims, this one is incredibly obvious.

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, the comment you quoted is 100% correct. Maybe you misread the last sentence with it's multiple negatives, but it's not wrong.

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 02:44 PM

Also, everyone please digg the story. It's super easy, I just registered and did it.

Dilznoofus 10-17-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least one of the "skeptics" is probably an AP shill:

"I hear you - the claims and accusations are serious for all poker players, and so is the concept of someone being able to hack the system to gain some kind of advantage over fellow players - however i still believe having absorbed all the evidence being argued that given Absolute Poker has been audited in the past and is prepared to go through the process again with an apparently legit 3rd party - surely we wait to see if it is possible for someone to hack the system and cheat and allow the media companies they mention to offer all of us a fair explanation? And until this is complete all of the evidence being used by forum posters is purely circumstantial and doesn’t prove beyond reasonable doubt that anyone was able to hack the system and cheat.
I’m sure you know well that poker isn’t just about stats - so if luck and strategy didn’t have anything to do with the game - why would millions of people worldwide have poker as their prime recreation?

— Posted by jeffery smythe"

Sounds like PR script.

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, the comment you quoted is 100% correct. Maybe you misread the last sentence with it's multiple negatives, but it's not wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, yeah. I misread it.

adanthar 10-17-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, you are saying the guy is no longer with the company as of very recently? And because of this situation? Feel free to not elaborate, you have divulged plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

meanwhile, more breaking news, from sources at AP that will remain nameless:

The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

Mrage 10-17-2007 02:48 PM

Dugg it. Perhaps we should get it put up on Slashdot as well? (I don't know much about slashdot aside from the fact that they are somewhat similar)

Clayton 10-17-2007 02:48 PM

albedoa 10-17-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

What. The. [censored]. How deep will this go?

Adanthar: Is it possible to give SL__72 permanent editing rights of the OP so that he can keep adding stuff as it comes up?

Dilznoofus 10-17-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

head asplode

N 82 50 24 10-17-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know when it happened. I have a lot of people emailing me info, but not all of it is complete. A lot of them work for AP or live in Costa Rica, so they don't want to expose themselves.

hotbacon 10-17-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.

abvhi 10-17-2007 02:51 PM

Also some pure speculation as to a motive, if you have Scott posting thousands of msgs on sportsbetting forums, maybe he has a bad habit of overbetting or was on a bad streak during times he decided to essentially raid ppls poker accounts.

adanthar 10-17-2007 02:51 PM

edited some posts because Tom Scott != Scott Tom, ldo

iron81 10-17-2007 02:51 PM

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/407...dikshiteh0.jpg

sixfour 10-17-2007 02:52 PM

Oh boy

Gildwulf 10-17-2007 02:52 PM

wow

I wonder how many other employees at AP will be implicated...

goofyballer 10-17-2007 02:52 PM

Where'd you get this info? Inside AP?

baronzeus 10-17-2007 02:52 PM

sigh

ikestoys 10-17-2007 02:53 PM

omfg, calling security, how do we know this?

shaundeeb 10-17-2007 02:53 PM

serge for mod

Keepitsimple 10-17-2007 02:54 PM

i wonder how other poker sites feel about this. legit sites that is. they cant be too happy with absolute.

adanthar 10-17-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point every single person at AP has read or is reading this thread, figure it out from here

kitchma 10-17-2007 02:56 PM

whistleblowers FTW!

shaundeeb 10-17-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point every single person at AP has read or is reading this thread, figure it out from here

[/ QUOTE ]

and every other pokersite

Clayton 10-17-2007 02:57 PM

one important thing of note is that this new info contradicts Dan Druff's theory, which was sold on the four accounts belonging to players that were inactive in the absolute system for a very long time

the truth proves to be just hilariously dumb.

N 82 50 24 10-17-2007 02:58 PM

I have at least two sources from inside AP. They have a bunch of leaks.

From talking to Adanthar on AIM, a bunch of people there are talking to him too.

albedoa 10-17-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one important thing of note is that this new info contradicts Dan Druff's theory, which was sold on the four accounts belonging to players that were inactive in the absolute system for a very long time

the truth proves to be just hilariously dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still possible that they were inactive, just less likely.

Keepitsimple 10-17-2007 02:59 PM

wow, absolute is going down

jalexand42 10-17-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean 'was' VP of operations at nine.com?

Just wow, they are so dumb.

fatpipe 10-17-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, absolute is going down

[/ QUOTE ]

TheOneWizard 10-17-2007 03:01 PM

This Poker King guy has the story on his front page. I think I've seen him before but I'm not sure.

I think I need to order a pizza. I can't leave my computer.

ammbo 10-17-2007 03:02 PM

Can anyone corroborate that AJ Green is Allan (sp?) Green?

http://www.pokerpages.com/players/pr...alan-green.htm

Looks like he had a close call recently...

http://www.gambling911.com/031406news.html (scroll to next to last story)

holland3r 10-17-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute [censored]. Absolute security reviews the hands and says that is was just some donkey getting crazy lucky, paying no mind to the fact that said donkey was their former director of operations.

I don't see Absolute Poker surviving this.