Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Questionable posts by mods. *Official Thread* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520651)

Taso 11-12-2007 07:40 PM

Re: Questionable posts by mods. *Official Thread*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Wait so let's see. There are *20* countem TWENTY active threads on RP in the politics forum this month *so far* and I'm a troll for bringing attention to that fact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Because it clearly is not in need of attention. Do you see why?

You are the definition of a troll:

[ QUOTE ]
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul. Last time I checked, that's what these forums are for, so that posters can discuss the things that interest them. Sorry if this has caused you to clench your panties into your anus. You are certainly free to start threads about presidential candidates that nobody in the 2+2 Politics forum gives a [censored] about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm finding it difficult to apply that definition to the poltiics forum. The whole point is to argue and debate, statements should result in those things. I don't mind statements such as these, if they are presented intelligently, and don't end every post with "shame on you, blackwater!"

Borodog 11-12-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, just because BluffThis is a lot smarter than you doesn't mean he's a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but this does:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12926785

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you have a very creative definition of trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have the standard definition:

[ QUOTE ]
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

[/ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 07:41 PM

Boro,

Just admit you are pissed at me because I pwnd your ass and showed up your flawed arguments based on incorrect and exaggerated historical examples. But of course your ego won't let you admit your error and just not use that historical example in future AC arguments. Instead you apparently feel it necessary to never admit error when you are talking crap outside the fields you know best. The better AC posters don't get caught up in crap like this so the question is why do you?

Borodog 11-12-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Wait so let's see. There are *20* countem TWENTY active threads on RP in the politics forum this month *so far* and I'm a troll for bringing attention to that fact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Because it clearly is not in need of attention. Do you see why?

You are the definition of a troll:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul. Last time I checked, that's what these forums are for, so that posters can discuss the things that interest them. Sorry if this has caused you to clench your panties into your anus. You are certainly free to start threads about presidential candidates that nobody in the 2+2 Politics forum gives a [censored] about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm finding it difficult to apply that definition to the poltiics forum. The whole point is to argue and debate, statements should result in those things. I don't mind statements such as these, if they are presented intelligently, and don't end every post with "shame on you, blackwater!"

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between rational argument and baiting. His post was clearly baiting.

XXXNoahXXX 11-12-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a large number of OOT people that like talking about tipping and body hair removal, doesn't mean it should dominate the boards.

although it is working, as I'm being swayed by these posts that were so graciously compiled. Dr. Paul for Prez!

Josem 11-12-2007 07:44 PM

The only worthwhile thing about the politics forum is that it gives the politards somewhere to post - typically keeping them out of the other fourms.

This does not seem to be working at the moment.

Borodog 11-12-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a large number of OOT people that like talking about tipping and body hair removal, doesn't mean it should dominate the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

iron is free to crack down. The last incompetent mod who tried to enforce his personal agenda that the majority of the Politics regulars disagreed with got removed from his post.

Borodog 11-12-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Just admit you are pissed at me because I pwnd your ass and showed up your flawed arguments based on incorrect and exaggerated historical examples. But of course your ego won't let you admit your error and just not use that historical example in future AC arguments. Instead you apparently feel it necessary to never admit error when you are talking crap outside the fields you know best. The better AC posters don't get caught up in crap like this so the question is why do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. What a complete jackhole.

You are one of the best trolls I have ever seen.

jman220 11-12-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only worthwhile thing about the politics forum is that it gives the politards somewhere to post - typically keeping them out of the other fourms.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a cyclical occurrence for the politards. Every once in a while their idiocy spills over to other forums (like ATF), and then Mason or Mat will step in and shut the politics forum down for a few days to calm them down, this is then usually followed by making Censored a mod of the forum for a brief time. When it's reopened and they see what its like to post under Censored, who does not tolerate their stupidity, they generally behave for a few months until the next cycle, rinse, and repeat.

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between rational argument and baiting. His post was clearly baiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro,

This is a serious comment. To my mind, though admittedly I may not be up on some of the newer AC posters' writings, pvn is clearly the best AC poster out there. I don't think you will ever see him whine about being "baited". Instead he either doesn't respond to such posts, or he adroitly sidesteps the bait and then makes the points he wishes to make. I suggest you study his methods because all you are doing, in the same vein as Nielso, is making all AC supporters look kooky or foolish.

While I am no supporter of AC in general, AC does discuss important fundamental concepts and is able to show up the worst facets of the way "statism" is often implemented. But when you let emotion and a refusal to back off an argument that turns out to be flawed because you trusted the poorly sourced and reasoned historical arguments of others, then you make other posters not take you seriously. And that is a shame since you have an A+ science game in SMP.

Wetdog 11-12-2007 07:51 PM

My impression of most political discussions.

edit: nevermind it was a bigassed picture that didn't fit the screen

XXXNoahXXX 11-12-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

iron is free to crack down. The last incompetent mod who tried to enforce his personal agenda that the majority of the Politics regulars disagreed with got removed from his post.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read through the list of 20 you will see that there are a few Midge posts, a few that Iron locked after only a post or few. If people just use the search function and existing RP threads, it'd be fine. If they have a novel thing to discuss that doesn't fit into an existing thread (seemingly impossible imo) then by all means, start a new one.

The only annoying ones are the "fan club" ones that don't serve any real purpose. "Ron Paul on Conan tonight!" or "I just donated eight cents to RP!" or "RP will be assassinated because....". These are the threads I can't stand, and are useless.

Personally, I wish there was a few Ron Paul threads like

"Ron Paul Fundraising Thread"

"Ron Paul Media/Appearances/Video Thread"

"Ask Questions about Ron Paul's Stance on the Issues Thread"

Ron Paul is a very interesting candidate, and since some of his ideas are new and different in a lot of ways, I think he probably deserves more room for debate that Clinton or Barack Obama, Esquire. That being said, in the poker forums we don't allow people to post "So what do people think about raising small pairs?" in addition to "How would you play medium pairs?" "How about those large pairs?" because it ends up just dicing up one big issue into a million small ones and clogging the forum.

Borodog 11-12-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a cyclical occurrence for the politards. Every once in a while their idiocy spills over to other forums (like ATF), and then Mason or Mat will step in and shut the politics forum down for a few days to calm them down, this is then usually followed by making Censored a mod of the forum for a brief time. When it's reopened and they see what its like to post under Censored, who does not tolerate their stupidity, they generally behave for a few months until the next cycle, rinse, and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. What color is the sky in your world?

The Politics forum is perfectly civilized and keeps to itself until one of two things happens:

1) A troll is allowed to run amok, which spills over into ATF, or
2) An incompetent mod runs the forum into the ground and has to be removed, after spilling over into ATF.

Politics was perfectly quiet for months until Midge and BluffTHIS! came out from under their respective rocks.

And now all this sound and fury in ATF, and you blame the Politics regulars. Why, if you were a politics mod, I might suggest that you should be removed for poor judgement.

jman220 11-12-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And now all this sound and fury in ATF, and you blame the Politics regulars. Why, if you were a politics mod, I might suggest that you should be removed for poor judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ooh, burn. How many times hav eyou posted in AFT now, begging to become a Mod? Glad thats worked out for you. I'll stick to modding NVG, you stick to begging for politics.

Borodog 11-12-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read through the list of 20 you will see that there are a few Midge posts, a few that Iron locked after only a post or few. If people just use the search function and existing RP threads, it'd be fine. If they have a novel thing to discuss that doesn't fit into an existing thread (seemingly impossible imo) then by all means, start a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

iron is already doing this. Really what BluffTHIS! is saying is that iron's modding sucks. It seems that the vast majority of Politics regulars disagree.

TomCollins 11-12-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ooh, burn. How many times hav eyou posted in AFT now, begging to become a Mod? Glad thats worked out for you. I'll stick to modding NVG, you stick to begging for politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

jman-
your e-peen must be huge. Plz to be touching it?

jman220 11-12-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jman-

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that before or after you punch me in the face?

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that the vast majority of Politics regulars disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority is always right, right? That's why you value your vote in the democracy you live in isn't it?

Oh wait.

Taso 11-12-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jman-

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that before or after you punch me in the face? I'm not into that kind of stuff, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, 90% of posters in this thread are coming off as immature, jerks.

TomCollins 11-12-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jman-

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that before or after you punch me in the face? I'm not into that kind of stuff, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Josem 11-12-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, 100% of politics posters in this thread are coming off as immature, jerks.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

jman220 11-12-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So far, 100% of politics posters in every thread are coming off as immature, jerks.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Taso 11-12-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So far, 100% of politics posters in every thread are coming off as immature, jerks.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, proving my point.

Well done.

Edit: And also creating some gems that fit perfectly in this thread, by the way.

Spechel EDD 11-12-2007 08:20 PM

snitches

edit: mods ban all people reporting you for being whiny tyia

Borodog 11-12-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems that the vast majority of Politics regulars disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority is always right, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Hence the rest of your snark fails. As usual.

Also, a little X-post:

I've conveniently color coded the massive number of Ron Paul posts cited by BluffTHIS! that are not either trolls by BluffTERTS or MidGe, locked by iron, or dead for the better part of a week or more. A whopping 6 threads are what has Bluff's panties sucked into his colon:

Compendium of Ron Paul Threads Troll by BluffTHIS! - locked by iron

ron paul for 2008?!?!? Moved to Politics by jman220 with a jackass remark

<font color="green">Chomsky on Ron Paul </font>

Ron Paul is not a historian, he is a politician! Troll by MidGe

<font color="green">Interview with a Washington Lobbyist: Why we don’t like Ron Paul </font>

Ron Paul - clear on abortion Troll by MidGe

<font color="green">***Official Ron Paul video thread*** </font>

<font color="green">Ron Paul nuts, please read the last paragraph of this article </font>

<font color="green">Ron Paul - Stay Clear of "Hot Button" Issues?? </font>

Ron Paul quotation - Is it a hoax? Troll by MidGe

Ron Paul - confused? Troll by MidGe

<font color="green">Raul Paul Roasts Bernanke </font>

Ron Paul raises 4.3M in 24 hours online Locked by iron

Ron Paul and the gold standard, explain his solution please Dead for 4 days

How do I switch political parties to Republican to vote for Ron Paul? Dead for 5 days

Dr Ron Paul Dead for 8 days

I'm not donating money to Ron Paul Locked by iron

I Just Donated $100 To Ron Paul! Locked by iron

My reservations regarding Ron Paul... Dead for 8 days

Ron Paul story top of MSNBC.com Dead for 10 days

Don't Forget: Dr. Paul on The Tonight Show Tonight Dead for two weeks

Whereas the non-Ron threads at the top of the heap are:

The Dollar Plunges Further
Lebanese paper: Hamas and Fatah are betraying Arafat's legacy
Poll: Carbon consumption tax replaces income tax?
Official Midge "I hate the USA and also Christians" Thread (AKA Trolls troll trolls)
Collectivism : How to stop it?
could US collapse like the USSR did ?
Blackwater: Did anyone hear this???
Weather Channel Founder says"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in History
Chomsky on Anarchism (sidenote; education)
Contraversial AC Related Thread (TL;PR)
The patriot act:; Yea or Ney?
People do not hate in a vacuum.
A big Democrats mistake.!
Hillary Clinton has Iowa Question-Planting Scandal Brewing
Have a found a reason why AC will fail, that ACists will agree with?
Flat tax blowback
Greenspan says we need a goldstandard.
Put It In Stone! When does the US invade Pakistan?
USS Liberty: Accident or Cover-up?
Christianity, the cancer within the US culture.
Carbon Tax or Cap and Trade
Lions For Lambs
Georgia drought - The Last Resort
BENAZIR BHUTTO
Which Presidential Candidates do you like?
If you're from PA, this is what your tax $ is spent on...
Hug Ban
Taxes and Timing

That's everything that hasn't been dead for 4 or more days or locked by iron.

In short, BluffTHIS! is trying to troll something out of nothing.

skunkworks 11-12-2007 08:54 PM

Damnit why did PokerBob have to come back

Borodog 11-12-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damnit why did PokerBob have to come back

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored].

THANKS A PANTLOAD PB

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 09:05 PM

And here's my crosspost in response to your post in that thread:

Boro,

Nice how you snipped my notations of the Midge threads so you could act like I didn't note same. And that you have lowered the bar to about 4 days, with the implication that the front page of this forum should never be without a RP thread. I only used a time frame of this month, only *12 freaking days*, but you imply as if I reached back much further to make a point on the number of RP threads being started in this forum.

You should really consider politics if you get bored of teaching college students. You have misdirection and spin and PR campaigns down pat.

Oh, and "methinks thou dost protest too much".

Borodog 11-12-2007 09:08 PM

It would appear that iron has spoken, doesn't it?

BluffTHIS! 11-12-2007 09:10 PM

You mean you were successful in using misdirection and spin to derail a thread that pointed out the RP PR campaign being waged in the forum?

NT! 11-12-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lol, ooh, burn. How many times hav eyou posted in AFT now, begging to become a Mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, anyone who would beg in ATF to become a mod is a total douche.

Troll_Inc 11-12-2007 10:05 PM

You guys are in trouble once Haven gets back from the bar.

jman220 11-12-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lol, ooh, burn. How many times hav eyou posted in AFT now, begging to become a Mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, anyone who would beg in ATF to become a mod is a total douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, IMO.

XXXNoahXXX 11-12-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please also post only associated responses in this thread, as extraneous comment is likely to be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike is gonna [censored] a brick when he sees this thread.

2/325Falcon 11-12-2007 10:16 PM

In before

Post deleted by Mike Haven

Conspire 11-12-2007 10:38 PM

Hi BluffThis,

I would just like to say that you make this forum fun to read.

Conspire

owsley 11-12-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No surprise that he also supports sending the trolls back to the forum to ruin it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you disagree with Nielsio's brand of Anarcho-Capitalism, and his views on the government's involvement with 9/11 doesn't mean he's a troll. Shame on you for trying to censor the viewpoints of those whom you disagree with. I wonder what your hero Ron Paul would think of something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. Nor did I call him a troll. He is just a lunatic. However, MidGe and BluffThis! are trolls. Plus, Ron Paul would have no problem with private businesses censoring anything they want. Just because not everyone agrees with your form of super-left-wing fascism doesn't mean that they are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I ever say Midge wasn't a troll? I fully support banning Midge. Also, just because BluffThis is a lot smarter than you doesn't mean he's a troll. Using that standard, 99.99999 percent of humanity would be considered "trolls."

[/ QUOTE ]

I see we have the first candidate for the "Questionable posts by mods in "Questionable Posts by mods *Official Thread*" *Official Thread*.

nath 11-12-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, this wins the 2007 Award for "Post Containing the Most Ironic and Least Self-Aware Statement."

Dynasty 11-14-2007 03:25 AM

I'm trying to remember a thread where the mods were as intentionally unhelpful as this one.

*TT* and RR in Brick and Mortar

RR and *TT* gave short worthless answers and then threatened to lock the thread just 22 minutes after the thread was created.

tuq 11-14-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RR and *TT* gave short worthless answers

[/ QUOTE ]
TT wrote "it might be as many as 40% female in Vegas". If true, that makes the OP's question akin to "hay guise are there any successful white guys in the NBA?" and thus not worthy of elaboration (aside from the usual Steve Nash for MVP comments). You live in Vegas though and as a guy who plays poker as a source of income should be able to discern whether TT's comment is accurate or not.

Also, it's possible your post is a joke, in which case "good one". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]