Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Nath.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515183)

Dids 10-04-2007 01:15 PM

Re: Nath....

Tuq,

Check my team, let's talk.

tuq 10-04-2007 01:39 PM

Dids,

Will do. I respect you for overlooking your Seahawks homerism and telling me Shaun Alexander was a bad pick. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So far you are quite correct about that, I consider benching him every week, which is a pretty damning thing to do to a first rounder. But that's how full up I am on RBs.

Topic: what was nath's undertitle before this and will it be restored? I don't think it was custom.

El Diablo 10-04-2007 01:42 PM

All,

FWIW, when I read the OP, I thought J banned nath for trolling, THEN nath created the Jew-Rollo account.

To clarify my opinion on this:

I think punishing nath for his so-called "trolling" was not appropriate.

I think perma-banning here was not appropriate.

I think banning for creating Jew-Rollo was appropriate.

I've suggested to jurollo that in the future he allow other mods to make decisions regarding matters he's involved in.

EMc 10-04-2007 01:47 PM

tuq,

It was CEO of Gild Corp

JaredL 10-04-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

FWIW, when I read the OP, I thought J banned nath for trolling, THEN nath created the Jew-Rollo account.

I've suggested to jurollo that in the future he allow other mods to make decisions regarding matters he's involved in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this, especially the last bit. I think it goes to all mods. If you are being harassed or trolled or whatever then because of your personal involvement someone else should decide what to do. I actually think it should probably be Mat or Ryan but another mod is significantly better than the one allegedly being trolled.

JaredL 10-04-2007 02:00 PM

Also, I don't think Mike Haven should have locked the thread in AtF.

When a high-profile poster gets suspended or banned it's worthwhile to discuss it even after they are reinstated. All parties involved, and others that have a valid opinion, should be able to say their piece.

This is especially important when there is the perception out there that mods will defend other mods no matter what, and that mod actions depend heavily on whether or not a given user is chummy with the given mod. Locking these threads looks like some kind of cover-up and in real terms these threads could help to make it clear what gets people banned so everybody knows the standards.

tuq 10-04-2007 02:09 PM

Yeah I was surprised by that lock, while so many OT threads persist in ATF (and don't get me wrong, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] MH for every non-lock he makes in ATF). It could definitely be perceived as a stifling of conversation.

EMc: yep, CEO of Gildwulf Corp. or whatever sounds right.

ajmargarine 10-04-2007 02:39 PM

agree with Jared for the reasons he gives. I don't see a reason to lock that atf thread.

daryn 10-04-2007 03:09 PM

yeah i also thought jew-rollo was created to circumvent a ban for "trolling" which would be ridiculous. in hindsight jurollo banning nath was not over the line, but a permaban is probably too much. but then he came here and posted about it, so that's that.

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 03:26 PM

Every regular in ATF knows I am always willing to reopen any thread where someone has something to add.

No one has PMed me; no one has made a comment in the ATF Chat thread.

It seemed to me to be the perfect time to lock it after nath posted.

However, as you and other mods would like it left open, it is now.

entertainme 10-04-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Ryan Beal 10-04-2007 05:50 PM

citanul is right...

from ItalianFX's thread in AtF:
[ QUOTE ]
there is a longstanding rule concerning moderators dealing with posters who personally interact with them. moderators are not supposed to handle posters who are insulting/attacking them at all, unless it is totally out of line of the T&C of the site. moderators are supposed to defer to other moderators of the forum they are being "attacked" in, if possible, or to the administrators. if the behavior becomes unarguably bad, the moderator could take action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone object to putting something similar in the sticky?

Mat Sklansky 10-04-2007 05:53 PM

Ryan Beajew

that's a good one, right?

private joker 10-04-2007 05:55 PM

I'm still amazed nobody has come up with Private Jewker yet. I mean come on, people, softball!

citanul 10-04-2007 06:02 PM

ryan,

please to be allowing durron to create a citanulisright gimmick account with access to the mod forum, which he will use only to post here. it has great potential.

c

MrWookie 10-04-2007 06:08 PM

I don't think we should make that a hard and fast rule. I think that mods, if they're taking action against a poster who's "trolling" them, should be encouraged to consult another mod, but I think in instances of racism, death threats, and other flagrant T&C violations, the mod can ban first and ask questions later. It's not like a ban can't be overturned.

Chump Change 10-04-2007 06:12 PM

LOL MR JEWKIE

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 06:16 PM

Too far, CC.

El Diablo 10-04-2007 06:17 PM

Mat Sklanskike,

I think Ryan Beajew is so-so.

El Diablo 10-04-2007 06:19 PM

Kike Heeben,

I don't think CC's was too far.

NT! 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

diablo,

[censored] you, take your sheeny curse off me you hooknosed money lender

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 06:23 PM

Yul Dieajew,

Close, though.

El Diablo 10-04-2007 06:25 PM

NT,

STFU, Bacon Bits

Mat Sklansky 10-04-2007 06:32 PM

If you don't be nice, I'll tell My Kike Haven!

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 06:42 PM

Your Kike, Your Schmike.

miajag 10-04-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still amazed nobody has come up with Private Jewker yet. I mean come on, people, softball!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure istewart has said this dozens of times in IRC.

citanul 10-04-2007 07:20 PM

wookie,

the quoted text from my post includes a clause for dealing with [censored] that is totally out of line or violates t&c.

BadgerPro 10-04-2007 07:32 PM

BadgerPermSperm is just happy he spent all day on the beach away from teh drama.

(Had trouble coming up with a 'P' racial slur. Then I found the 'Racial Slur Database' www.rsdb.org)

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 07:37 PM

The rudest word in the world, that I was told when I was 7 and I've never heard said by anyone since, begins with P.

Gildwulf 10-04-2007 07:57 PM

Mat Shlansky

MrWookie 10-04-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wookie,

the quoted text from my post includes a clause for dealing with [censored] that is totally out of line or violates t&c.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but allow me to rephrase. I don't think mods should be obligated to come in here and justify themselves in a thread every time they ban someone who was trolling them and show explicitly how they were violating the T&C and not just saying something the mod in question disagreed with. Instead, I think the idea of checking with another mod should be added to the list of "good practices" or whatever rather than a hard and fast rule. Mods are encouraged to consult others in these cases, but if they don't, no biggie, esp. if it was determined to be a justified ban after the fact. If the mod seems to have a recurring problem differentiating spirited disagreement and T&C violations and isn't consulting other mods, then he or she gets a stern talking to from the reds.

Ryan Beal 10-04-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think mods should be obligated to come in here and justify themselves in a thread every time they ban someone who was trolling them

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of the idea behind avoiding it to begin with. For a while the general guideline has been that mods should get a red involved if they want to ban someone mostly for personal attacks on them. I think it's also fine to let another mod of the same forum address it when applicable. Really this would only be putting what has already been said into the official sticky.

I'd probably just quote citanul.

NT! 10-04-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rudest word in the world, that I was told when I was 7 and I've never heard said by anyone since, begins with P.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, let's hear it

durron597 10-05-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ryan,

please to be allowing durron to create a citanulisright gimmick account with access to the mod forum, which he will use only to post here. it has great potential.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597 10-05-2007 12:21 AM

p.s. citanul for admin

durron597 10-05-2007 12:23 AM

by the way, when alphawice was harrassing VR (details are unnecessary and won't be repeated by me anyway), she came to [censored] and i and we dealt with it. thats how his original account got banned to begin with. i definitely think that situation worked out much better than if VR had just banned him herself.

in other words, citanulisright

Buzz 10-05-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, let's hear it

[/ QUOTE ]

For the crossword fans, I'm guessing five letters with an alternate definition, as a noun, being "the small hole made by piercing something with a sharp point."

Buzz

Ryan Beal 10-05-2007 12:30 AM

Yeah but surely he's heard that since he was seven?

I can't figure it out...

citanul 10-05-2007 12:34 AM

ponce?

miajag 10-05-2007 12:36 AM

pozzed?