Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Someone is requesting my password. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514982)

Ribbo 10-03-2007 07:38 PM

Re: Someone is requesting my password.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone from the ip address '85.195.123.29' requested a temporary password for the Login Name 'Ribbo' for the website 'The 2+2 Forums'. This is a temporary password that can be used if you have forgotten your original password. If you did not request this, please ignore this message. The temporary password for this Login Name is

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan Beal 10-03-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. So the more you post the funnier it gets and the more they do it. So of course you keep reporting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Please keep these kinds of reports private from now on.

bravos1 10-03-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, why would someone even put "If you did not request this, please ignore this message." in this type of notification?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't have anything to worry about. What happens is people forget their info and request another user's by accident. However, since the email is only sent to the real account holder's address, there's no real need to be concerned about security. Your regular password remains active and unaltered, and the temp password becomes invalid after you sign in and out once with either it or your normal pass.

However, if someone starts doing this intentionally to bother people, they're going to at the very least get their IPs blocked. Getting those messages over and over should be reported (privately) so we can stop people from spamming you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one mentioned a real need to worry about security. I already mentioned once that my 2nd part of that post was sarcasm.

I am just pointing out how absurd it is to put the ignore part in the email.. maybe it needs to be worded better. Ryan, let me pose this question to you : If you got this same exact email from your banking institution, would you just blindly ignore it and carry on like nothing happened at all?

Josem 10-03-2007 08:53 PM

i had a look at the form to request a new password, and it requires the user name AND an email address (i may or may not have tested it on someone's account*)

thus, you're likely to only have this problem if, like me, you have your email address listed in your profile.

edit: *only after a series of posts. ie, i didn't start this whole thing off.

Spechel EDD 10-03-2007 08:54 PM

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...tuff/ribbo.jpg

Spechel EDD 10-03-2007 08:54 PM

ryan beal is a cylon

niss 10-03-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ribbo,

Maybe niss is trying to hijack your account so he can post better for you in PLO? Pretty thoughtful IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I would first hack Nielsio's account and make a couple of sane posts. That would really throw the forum into a tizzy.

bravos1 10-03-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i had a look at the form to request a new password, and it requires the user name AND an email address (i may or may not have tested it on someone's account*)

thus, you're likely to only have this problem if, like me, you have your email address listed in your profile.

edit: *only after a series of posts. ie, i didn't start this whole thing off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't req the username AND email.. it requires the username OR email addy for obv reasons.

Also having the email in your profile means bubkis.

bravos1 10-03-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ribbo,

Maybe niss is trying to hijack your account so he can post better for you in PLO? Pretty thoughtful IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I would first hack Nielsio's account and make a couple of sane posts. That would really throw the forum into a tizzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the forum would instantly know that someone hacked his account as it would be so obvious.

2/325Falcon 10-03-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ribbo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I would first hack Nielsio's account and make a couple of lolcat posts. That would really throw the forum into a tizzy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll_Inc 10-03-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ribbo,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that Tucks doesn't know that PLO to Limit Omaha Eight or Better is like heroin to pseudofed.

Also, Ribbo is a good PLO poster when he doesn't let his personality shine through, ihmo.

BradleyT 10-03-2007 10:05 PM

Just a note - this has nothing to do with the PM I sent to Mason.

niss 10-03-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pseudofed

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

Is that how they spelled it in Shakespeare's England? Or is that like fake Sudafed? Or would that be Pseudosudafed?

Troll_Inc 10-03-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pseudofed

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

Is that how they spelled it in Shakespeare's England? Or is that like fake Sudafed? Or would that be Pseudosudafed?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the Irish spelling...just ask Haven.

Mike Haven 10-03-2007 10:32 PM

Sudafed is a brand name. Pseudofed has something to do with false feet, I think.

stabn 10-03-2007 10:33 PM

pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is the active ingrediant so it isn't as ridic as you'd think knowing the common name.

niss 10-03-2007 10:39 PM

$50 says the spelling was more likely due to Troll's affinity for dressing like Lady Guinevere at a Renaissance Festival than to his knowledge of the active ingredient.

stabn 10-03-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$50 says the spelling was more likely due to Troll's affinity for dressing like Lady Guinevere at a Renaissance Festival than to his knowledge of the active ingredient.

[/ QUOTE ]

no bet.

Bobo Fett 10-03-2007 10:48 PM

This forum gets better every day. Seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit to add: I have to put my kids to bed now, but I just noticed the "Where do I change my title" thread. Ooooh...this should be good. I hope there's more than just the current 12 posts for me to see when I get back.

Troll_Inc 10-03-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

not nice.

Josem 10-03-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum gets better every day. Seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

low base

kerowo 10-03-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

not nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat your turkey leg proudly!

Bobo Fett 10-03-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

low base

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps. "Where do I change my title" thread was disappointing. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

miss_set_flopper 10-04-2007 12:25 AM

i want to get spammed, too!

Ryan Beal 10-04-2007 02:08 AM

I get the feeling this thread is only going to invite further problems. If AtF mods disagree, feel free to move it back.