Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   PokerPad - AHK hotkey script (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513595)

catcher193 10-08-2007 10:04 PM

Re: PokerPad - AHK hotkey script

I have to click on the table before the hotkeys are activated... anyway to avoid that?

catcher193 10-08-2007 10:05 PM

(Stars)

Xanderz 10-08-2007 10:16 PM

There are a couple ways to get a table active. If something other than a game window is the active window, you can always just press + on the Numpad to bring up an active table. If you want to activate a table other than the current active table, you can use the arrow keys to navigate to it. I recommend reading the usage notes on the download page.

Xanderz 10-08-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I had a few beers tonight - and got some inspiration then obsessed with making a crazy "table rotation" script as per the other thread... nothing worth posting yet tho , and now I need sleep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Now THAT cannot be good, drunken code? Oh my... I have enough headaches trying to figure out what I wrote while sober..

[ QUOTE ]
You just make them up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh that easy huh.

catcher193 10-08-2007 10:34 PM

bah, such a big headache, all I want is to run 30 SNGs on a 30" monitor and when 1 pops up I want to be able to fold / call/ raise/ or bet any amout as I type in the numpad, but these buttons only work about half the time, and I'm on the wrong table the other half of the time, although I complement you for a useful script for others.

Really BetPot is perfect for me if you could just add in the numbers type in/ betbox clearing feature.

_dave_ 10-08-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I had a few beers tonight - and got some inspiration then obsessed with making a crazy "table rotation" script as per the other thread... nothing worth posting yet tho , and now I need sleep [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Now THAT cannot be good, drunken code? Oh my... I have enough headaches trying to figure out what I wrote while sober..

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, too true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is more a matter of while drinking away from the computer, I have the thought "why could I not do THIS in a script" - then get home and hammer out some (no doubt terrible) code. So long as I get the idea down before I crash, I'm happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Who knows, maybe it will be unworkable in the morning, but I'll worry about that when sober - and no doubt have to clean up a ton of slack coding, if nned be [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You just make them up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh that easy huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just checked out the page, looks like 0x401 - 0x7999 are fair game... maybe 0x8000+ are too - not in any fit state to be sure right now, but looks like probably [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/SendMessageList.htm

_dave_ 10-08-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can tile up to 16 (!) tables on a single monitor. Not suggesting you should try playing 16 tables tho

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
all I want is to run 30 SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I was just gonna say you will certainly find people here that play 20+ Xanderz - here is one of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Catcher - wait until tomorrow when I clean up my drunken code... I'm sure you will like for ~30 tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: I can do 20 after a few coffees... 30 is sick catcher!

Xanderz 10-08-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ha, I was just gonna say you will certainly find people here that play 20+ Xanderz - here is one of them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]That is not playing !! working maybe, playing, no [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I suppose I could add more slots, it's just a matter of continuing the if else chain to set the number of rows/columns.

[ QUOTE ]
Catcher - wait until tomorrow when I clean up my drunken code... I'm sure you will like for ~30 tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I semi-finished the rotation code.. I just can't test the case for 2 monitors per one of the posters' request. So I haven't the slightest clue if the 2 monitor layout works, but the single monitor certainly does.

Xanderz 10-08-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bah, such a big headache, all I want is to run 30 SNGs on a 30" monitor and when 1 pops up I want to be able to fold / call/ raise/ or bet any amout as I type in the numpad, but these buttons only work about half the time, and I'm on the wrong table the other half of the time,

[/ QUOTE ]
I find stars hard to multi-table as every window looks like an active one ! Anyway, this script doesn't try to maintain tables based on which needs action. There is already a script (TableNavigator) that I believe does this, though I haven't tried it. It has even been discussed in this thread.

You can get it here: http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/TableNavigator

catcher193 10-09-2007 01:05 AM

yeah I was running table nav and the table that was highlighted wouldn't always be the table active from your script, also, sometimes it took 3 or 4 clicks of the - button to raise or / button to fold. IDK cool program it just doesn't fit me right now.

Xanderz 10-09-2007 09:19 AM

OK I will look into it. My guess would be that the window Table Navigator shows highlighted is not always the window that has focus. This script uses the window that has focus, I will add support for Table Navigator though.

Xanderz 10-09-2007 12:20 PM

The latest version should now act on the table highlighted by Table Navigator if it is running. Also fixed a couple of bugs for Poker Stars (reload and all in hotkeys).

Latest version can be downloaded here: http://www.autohotkey.net/~Xander/PokerPad/

Also, special thanks goes to _dave_ for explaining how to communicate with other scripts (e.g. Table Navigator).

jonboy321 10-09-2007 05:15 PM

can someone help me and figure out how to configure navigator for other ipoker skins? The faq on overcards says it shouldn't be hard for users to add new sites but I can't see how I can do it. I'm looking to do it for Noiq and Chili specifically.

thanks.

Xanderz 10-09-2007 08:07 PM

Sorry, can't help you there... other people seem to use it so it must work, but it just picks one table when I first load it up and keeps the highlight bar there. I am pretty sure I have to do some configuring somewhere but I don't like configuring, I want it to work straight out of the box!

hallo! 10-09-2007 08:20 PM

btw: if I accidentally click the RELOAD button again (during the hand before it reloaded), the Full Tilt Client crashes. Dont know if thats the scripts fault though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

although your idea about making a different one for notebooks is awesome, i really hope someone will find the time to work some keys out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Xanderz 10-09-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw: if I accidentally click the RELOAD button again (during the hand before it reloaded), the Full Tilt Client crashes. Dont know if thats the scripts fault though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Can you provide more details? Such as what OS you are using. Maybe I misunderstand, but when I try this, it doesn't crash:
Seated at 5/10 play table, hit reload hotkey which fills me to max. Then I hit it again, the dialog comes up and closes essentially doing nothing and the client does not crash.

canta 10-10-2007 09:07 AM

Nice script!
I tried it on Stars and it doesnt seem to click the preselect action buttons, like Check/Fold etc.
It would also be sweet to have an Gui to select your own Hotkeys.
I play on a laptop and the standard ones are a bit awkward for me.

hallo! 10-10-2007 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Can you provide more details? Such as what OS you are using. Maybe I misunderstand, but when I try this, it doesn't crash:
Seated at 5/10 play table, hit reload hotkey which fills me to max. Then I hit it again, the dialog comes up and closes essentially doing nothing and the client does not crash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Windows XP

I guess its my client then, because it is laggy anyhow [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Xanderz 10-10-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried it on Stars and it doesnt seem to click the preselect action buttons, like Check/Fold etc.

[/ QUOTE ]There are plans to improve the functionality of this. Check for it in an upcoming update (may not necessarily be the next update).

[ QUOTE ]
It would also be sweet to have an Gui to select your own Hotkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]
That too is in the works [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Xanderz 10-10-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess its my client then, because it is laggy anyhow [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I'll just make note of it as a possible problem then. Unless it is reproducable, An immediate fix is not possible.

terance 10-11-2007 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Windows XP

[/ QUOTE ]

Same problem here.

Xanderz 10-11-2007 09:59 AM

You mentioned lag.. does this mean the Reconnect dialog comes up or that the Full Tilt client freezes?

terance 10-11-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mentioned lag.. does this mean the Reconnect dialog comes up or that the Full Tilt client freezes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm.. one of the times the table windows went all yellow. It was the other guy that mentioned lag. It might be a FTP bug even.

BTW, I tried it for the first time now, and THANKS ALOT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this thing is so cool.

What is your screen name on FTP ?

Xanderz 10-11-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hm.. one of the times the table windows went all yellow. It was the other guy that mentioned lag. It might be a FTP bug even.

[/ QUOTE ] OK, I thought you were confirming that it happens when there is lag. The good news (hah) is that I was able to get the client to crash while having a table open but not sitting down and pressing hotkeys. I think the problem has to do with when something is disabled (not clickable) and a click is sent to it causes the client to crash. If this is indeed the case, a fix will be posted shortly along with the new GUI.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I tried it for the first time now, and THANKS ALOT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this thing is so cool.

[/ QUOTE ]No problem, I am glad you find it useful.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish to remain anonymous at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Xanderz 10-11-2007 02:15 PM

New version is available. Hotkeys are now configurable by right clicking tray icon and selecting Hotkeys... which should show the following window:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9286/hotkeyskr0.jpg
Navigate the tree on the left to show different hotkeys. The two fields at the bottom next to the OK and Cancel buttons are for hotkey lookup convenience. You can either press the key combination you want in the first field to see what needs to be entered (as will be shown in the second field). Or you can type something in the second field to see what key combination it will be (as will be shown in the first field). This is especially useful for looking up non-standard keys that you may have on your keyboard. Non-standard keys will be in the format SC# (SC = Special Code, # = the key code)

Also, there is an option to set up custom tiling over multiple monitors. This may be configured by selecting Tile Layout... in the tray menu which will show the following:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4822/tileea6.jpg

And as promised, a bug fix (I hope) for the client crashing problem.

Download here: http://www.autohotkey.net/~Xander/PokerPad/

hallo! 10-11-2007 04:03 PM

Wow this is so awesome

this may be a stupid question: But where is "Check"? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And I have some more questions/problems:

It wont let me use Hotkeys like "SHIFT+F" or "Alt+F", which I want to use for Hotkeys. Then there is the error box no valid Key, and I have to delete the config file because the script wont run anymore.

Edit again: I just read the manual and now i know how to do it..jeez its great!

linuxrocks 10-11-2007 04:55 PM

This is great, though I haven't gotten used to the key lay out. Is there a hot key for check? I also don't understand how to bet after choosing a bet size. For example, Num + 5 gives me 3/4 pot bet, but pressing enter after I press 5 doesn't bet it. Am I missing some thing?

P.S. The code is awesome and props to you for making it GPL.

terance 10-11-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this may be a stupid question: But where is "Check"? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

same hotkey as "call" since the call and check button always appear at the same location on clients. (i felt really stupid when i was wondering this some time ago as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[ QUOTE ]
This is great, though I haven't gotten used to the key lay out. Is there a hot key for check? I also don't understand how to bet after choosing a bet size. For example, Num + 5 gives me 3/4 pot bet, but pressing enter after I press 5 doesn't bet it. Am I missing some thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

To bet your amount press the raise button "-". (minus sign on numpad)

Props for GPL from me too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

terance 10-11-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish to remain anonymous at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok, I was gonna send you a couple of thank you dollars [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

hammond 10-11-2007 06:20 PM

Is this configurable version laptop friendly?

hallo! 10-11-2007 06:25 PM

almost everything works fine now,

only: the increase bet button does not work, i dont know why because the decrease one works, i have tried a lot of keys. Anyone with the same problem?

Xanderz 10-11-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this may be a stupid question: But where is "Check"?

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems to be a commonly asked question, I'll have to include a write up about the Fold/Call/Raise buttons. In short.. Fold is an alias for whatever button is in the place at the location the Fold button appears, and the same is true for Call and Raise. That is, Fold is the 1st button, Call is the 2nd Button, and Raise ist he 3rd button.

There is one exception that was quietly added in one of the versions, I forget which, and that is the Call button for Full Tilt. If there is no button there, it will click the Check button which resides in the Fold (1st) location.

Xanderz 10-11-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can set the keys to anything you like. There are 3 exceptions though and the GUI will notify you about them if you try to break these 3 rules:
Reload cannot contain the Ctrl modifier as the Ctrl+{key combination} for Reload makes it a Default Reload instead of Maximum Reload
Activate Table cannot contain the Ctrl modifier as Ctrl+{key conbination} is used to toggle the Activate Table hotkey on and off.
Unconditional All In cannot contain the Shift modifier as Shift+{key combination} is used to cancel all Unconditional All In's

[ QUOTE ]
the increase bet button does not work

[/ QUOTE ]What site does it not work for? And perhaps can you tell me which stakes? It was working at Full Tilt the last time I tried.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NP

hammond 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

I can't get to work/open on my laptop. It says...

Error at line 125
Line Text: ctrls
Error: default value not allowed with byref
The program will exit

Xanderz 10-11-2007 08:53 PM

You need the latest version of AHK. Or alternatively you can download the compiled version which should always work.

DarkKnight 10-11-2007 09:10 PM

I've tried running the script with no luck...I'm running under vista (admin mode) and the script or the executable loads but no keypresses are recognized and sent to the client.

I have had a similar problem with the betpot script in the past. Any thoughts?

Xanderz 10-11-2007 09:30 PM

I've not tested on Vista, nor am I currently aware of any Vista/AHK problems. Perhaps someone else will be able to help you.

DarkKnight 10-11-2007 10:32 PM

Bet pot is now working but still nothing here. Is there any sort of debug mode I can use to see how far it is getting?

Xanderz 10-11-2007 10:52 PM

To access any debugging information, edit the script and put ListVars right before the first return at the top of the script.

hallo! 10-12-2007 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can set the keys to anything you like. There are 3 exceptions though and the GUI will notify you about them if you try to break these 3 rules:
Reload cannot contain the Ctrl modifier as the Ctrl+{key combination} for Reload makes it a Default Reload instead of Maximum Reload
Activate Table cannot contain the Ctrl modifier as Ctrl+{key conbination} is used to toggle the Activate Table hotkey on and off.
Unconditional All In cannot contain the Shift modifier as Shift+{key combination} is used to cancel all Unconditional All In's

[ QUOTE ]
the increase bet button does not work

[/ QUOTE ]What site does it not work for? And perhaps can you tell me which stakes? It was working at Full Tilt the last time I tried.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NP

[/ QUOTE ]

This is at FullTilt for NL25. The decrease one works and will decrease with small blind steps.

If I press the increase button, it only puts the cursor in the bet box to the very left and does nothing else.