Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   My ability to start threads in BBV4life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510248)

Conspire 09-26-2007 10:57 PM

Re: My ability to start threads in BBV4life

Lets just send him to german BBV.

EricW 09-26-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric,

I would say the follow rules are the ones that you push:

"5- Seriously post less about dicks.

6- Remember that this is a message board tied to a for profit publishing company that wants to make mad loot. As such you can't do anything you want to, and some things that I might think are a damn laugh riot aren't ok."

Obviously #5 is my way of saying that there were/are far too many juvenile sex/relationship threads in BBV4L. To be frank, it was many of your posts that specifically motivated that rule. #

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, tell me how my posts are any worse than your half nude pics or much of the content in these forums.

Claunchy 09-26-2007 10:58 PM

I'm not a hudge EricW fan, but I agree with him here. He's (sadly) better than most of the other posters in B4L ('cept the ones who rule, you know who you are) even if he is kinda redundant and gimmicky. He definitely shouldn't be banned or otherwise punished.

That said, why not just have one EricW thread? Since all your posts are basically all part of one ongoing quest to touch a boobie, I think for efficiency's sake it'd be cool if they were all in one place. But whatever, it should probably be up to you if you want to do that.

PJo336 09-26-2007 10:58 PM

I just dont get how ericw is worse "for business" than basically ALL of bbv4l, he seems to fit it pretty well, why not make every single person have one containment post?

Conspire 09-26-2007 10:59 PM

Why isnt he wanted in OOT?

EricW 09-26-2007 11:00 PM

To be honest, pics like these: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/4...2c6e3ba3_m.jpg which you post regularly are way worse for business than the pics of Dan Bright playing guitar that I posted.

2/325Falcon 09-26-2007 11:00 PM

Boomerangs do promote violence.

PJo336 09-26-2007 11:02 PM

"Evaluate my nutsack"??? "everyone should just get herpes"???

explain dids how this is better for business than "Today i will talk to a girl"

(BIG)BIG_AL 09-26-2007 11:04 PM

yeah dids is being pretty ridiculous here imho. Hopefully the right moves are made and Eric is freed of this ridicule.

(BIG)BIG_AL

XXXNoahXXX 09-26-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dildos do promote violence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids 09-26-2007 11:04 PM

Eric,

Photo's of somebody's weightloss progression are pretty obviously less offensive that your posts. I don't really think I need to explain that further. I invite anybody to do a search on Eric's history, (use -re) to get the threads he starts. I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

kkcountry 09-26-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric,

Photo's of somebody's weightloss progression are pretty obviously less offensive that your posts. I don't really think I need to explain that further. I invite anybody to do a search on Eric's history, (use -re) to get the threads he starts. I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

dids,

do the same search for limesparks and if you don't take away his thread starting privileges, i'll have to agree with ericw that you're just holding a grudge based on your actions.

Dids 09-26-2007 11:11 PM

kk,

The threads that I've seen Limesparks start since I've taken over BBV4L have not come close to the level of stupid dick/gay jokes that Eric put forth.

ahnuld 09-26-2007 11:12 PM

Eric,

Many of us original BBVers feel you suck as a poster, and your gimmick isnt funny. Infact, you killed the funny in BBV4lfe when you and your fans infested that forum.

kniper 09-26-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eric,

Many of us original BBVers feel you suck as a poster, and your gimmick isnt funny. Infact, you killed the funny in BBV4lfe when you and your fans infested that forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

EricW was around a long time before any funny was killed. I dont agree with this assessment at all. If BBV4L isnt funny anymore, there are probably other more obvious reasons

ahnuld 09-26-2007 11:18 PM

my chronology may be off by a few months but you get the pont. I am not a fan of the many posts where the OP seems to be an immature grade 9 student.

Dids 09-26-2007 11:20 PM

kniper,

List those reasons please. I'd like to know what we can do to change things?

basementproject 09-26-2007 11:20 PM

I'm getting the sense that this appeal is a giant fail for Eric...

jman220 09-26-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post in this thread by ericw is a vindication of Dids's action here.

PJo336 09-26-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how so?

kkcountry 09-26-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, either expand the ericw program to other frequent horrible thread starters and try to have some standards in bbv4l, or allow it to suck and let ericw start just as many bad threads as anybody else. you can't have it both ways.

PJo336 09-26-2007 11:28 PM

I full agree with KK, Dids if this is about business it has to be extended to others who are basically doing the same thing. Only doing it to ericw is a grudge

Dids 09-26-2007 11:34 PM

kk,

You'll note in my sticky I made a point about consistency. I'm not going to read every post, and not every decision I make is going to be perfectly fair. I really do welcome threads/discussions like this, because that's how we get closer to things really being fair.

Also, I did expand the program to myself!!

mason55 09-26-2007 11:34 PM

has anyone explained what dids' supposed grudge against eric w is for?

everyone is blathering about this grudge. wtf is the grudge for? did eric steal dids' bacon or something?

Avatar of Wine 09-26-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids's reasoning held no ground. He stated that I somehow clutter the forums. However, in the past 2 weeks, I have only started 15 threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Yeah . . . EricW's quarantine should stand.

basementproject 09-26-2007 11:37 PM

The bottom line, is if the site's owners don't agree with the content of certain users posts, they have the right to keep it off the site.

The entire point of having moderators is so there is somebody looking out for the company name.

I seriously doubt any other mods/higher-ups will object to the containment here.

Conspire 09-26-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line, is if the site's owners don't agree with the content of certain users posts, they have the right to keep it off the site.

The entire point of having moderators is so there is somebody looking out for the company name.

I seriously doubt any other mods/higher-ups will object to the containment here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, too bad you could not of posted this earlier. 100% truth.

kniper 09-26-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kniper,

List those reasons please. I'd like to know what we can do to change things?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have all hashed through this before, and if this is the bbv4l we have then thats fine and whatevs there is always problems with a changing of the guard

IMO i dont think you need to cut ericw's balls off to get to the point that you want him to post new threads less. I think telling people they suck is great - but restrictions like this should only be used when the guy has not headed your warnings. From how I understand it, EricW was given no official warning (plz correct me if wrong)

bonds 09-26-2007 11:44 PM

Potential solution: All BBV4tardsers who <3 EricW should just hang out a lot more in his thread.

<font color="white">if you want to tilt Dids even more that is IMO </font>

skunkworks 09-26-2007 11:45 PM

Anyone who takes EricW at face value doesn't realize that he used to be a semi-sane poster. Now he basically puts on the guise of the retarded EricW we all know so that he can dance the line between bannable trolling and horrible posting that ruins forums.

He's done a really good job of avoiding the permaban so far, but it's obvious he's deliberately become a low content guy whose only real contribution left to 2p2 is the garbage that clutters BBV4L.

Keep him within the containment thread.

CallMeIshmael 09-26-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

And, I have no idea who this person is, and Im friends with dids, so if anything I should be biased against him. He has been amusing in this thread, and Id want him to keep posting.

(the fact that dids said that the OP in this thread isnt representative makes me think there is a decent chance the ban was warranted)

kniper 09-26-2007 11:52 PM

E.g., Blutarski. He was a terrible poster in bbv4l (sorry dude), much worse than ericw. but with the fear of kyleb now, he has toned down teh suckiness and has actually made some amusing threads i believe.

skunkworks 09-26-2007 11:54 PM

CMI, EricW is a very reasonable, sane poster. That's what makes the trolling so intolerable -- because it's such a deliberate act that does such a good job of avoiding mod nukes.

Dids 09-26-2007 11:55 PM

I'm going to go watch bad TV and continue to let skunk make my points better than I can.

T-God 09-26-2007 11:56 PM

Anyone posting about BBV4L that doesn't post in BBV4l is [censored] retarded and pathetic. The only forum we're allowed to criticize blindly is Politics.

Get it together, people.

EricW is awesome. Alot of people like him. He is not breaking any rules in BBV4L except that Dids doesn't like him.

The forum is built on people posting random [censored] and sometimes it takes off, sometimes it doesn't.

Admins (if you don't have me on ignore): See if the traffic to the forum is any different before/after the EricW ban. Check his posts for any rules he's broken. Isn't BBV4L one of the most frequently trafficked forums on the site? Wouldn't you be losing revenue if a popular poster stopped posting for no reason?

This is dumb. Let us have our little special education class as long as we don't break any rules.

DarkForceRising 09-27-2007 12:04 AM

This is all just a power grab by Dids to become the new Eric. Threads along the lines of "Saturday morning pics of ur boy Burton sitting on a leather sofa- WEARING LEATHER SHORTS- on a hot, humid day. What it do?" will soon be the standard.

I have foreseen it.

Conspire 09-27-2007 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is dumb. Let us have our little special education class as long as we don't break any rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it seems that the only way EricW is gonna be able to keep writing OP`s is if they are contained in one thread. He could of just been banned, but it seems that Dids is atleast trying to keep him around (even though he hates him). Eric should just take the good with the bad.

holdme 09-27-2007 12:06 AM

no

Eurotrash 09-27-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are Dids's rules for BBV4lyfe...

21- "Wigga" is not an ok word. Pass it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7160/didsimobq8.jpg

well, at least we can put that mystery to rest.

(sorry you look so weird, Dids. i was too lazy to redraw you.)

PJo336 09-27-2007 12:17 AM

Why not just make a limit to like 4 threads per week?