Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boston Celtics '07-'08 Banner 17 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506113)

benza13 09-22-2007 02:36 AM

Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the harsh criticism for Rivers?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a terrible coach...

NT! 09-22-2007 02:44 AM

celtics signed jackie manuel? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he'll never see the light of day in this league but i don't care, i love that guy

BobboFitos 09-22-2007 07:15 AM

cannot wait for season to begin.

AllinDan 09-22-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gowe Gowe Leon Powe!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I had to stop right here to second this. But also Gl to the celts GKA, I'm eagerly anticipating seeing KG in the playoffs again.

EPiPeN11 09-23-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the harsh criticism for Rivers? Ainge is making the bone-headed player moves here. Now everyone expects Rivers to coach Ainge's "over-the-hill gang" to an NBA Chamionship? I can't wait to bet every underdog vs. Celtics this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um Ainge made great moves this offseason, what are you talking about bone-headed moves?

Doc is one of, if not the worst coach in the entire NBA. He is terrible at everything except talking to the media. People who watch Celtics games realize this, and that is why he is constantly bashed.

09-23-2007 04:41 PM

So you're really saying Ainge is doing a lousy job by not hiring a better coach for his "awesome" new roster?

EPiPeN11 09-23-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're really saying Ainge is doing a lousy job by not hiring a better coach for his "awesome" new roster?

[/ QUOTE ]

No GM is perfect, and Ainge sticking with Rivers is his worst move as a GM. I understand where he is coming from though, since him and Doc Rivers are good friends. This is what happens when you mix friends with business, hopefully Ainge wises up and gets rid of Doc asap.

That said, Ainge is still a top 15 GM in the league where as Doc is probably the worst coach in the NBA.

EPiPeN11 09-24-2007 10:57 AM

KG and Pierce were at the Pats game yesterday. They were joking around and throwing the ball around before the game and looked like they were kids in a candy store. God I am so pumped for this year.

kidcolin 09-24-2007 02:35 PM

I've got nothing to add except that me and a buddy will be attending the Denver game on November 7th. It's club seating because all the cheaper tickets were sold out. Are they any good? Better be for 200 bones.

Also on the agenda: a possible road trip up to Toronto to catch the Nov 4th game.

tdarko 09-24-2007 04:21 PM

Time to get off topic. Anyone see KG throw out the first pitch? wtf? I thought the general motion of throwing was something taught or learned by all adolescents...let alone athletes. This needs to be addressed.

kidcolin 09-24-2007 04:32 PM

I think once you're 6'10" all bets are off the table.

tdarko 09-24-2007 05:03 PM

kidcolin,

He never picked up any object and just threw it? We aren't talking about pitching, just the motion of throwing an object--height has nothing to do with this...creating that great leverage, getting those long legs and arms in sync etc. can be tough in a wind-up, understandable, but just throwing should be mandatory as a male. He went down in the top 10 most ridiculous first pitches w/ Carl Lewis and Posh.

kidcolin 09-24-2007 05:12 PM

he threw a strike!

tdarko 09-24-2007 05:18 PM

Haha--I didn't say he wasn't a pimp.

Leaky Eye 09-24-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think once you're 6'10" all bets are off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

KG is over seven feet. He asks to be listed at 6'10" so that people "don't think of him as a big man".

tuq 09-24-2007 07:04 PM

tdarko,

IMO it's not too early to start an NBA season thread. I feel like I'm crashing these Celtics weirdos' party.

kidcolin 09-24-2007 07:10 PM

try to hold out to at least training camp? It'd end up being 85% Cs talk anyway.

tdarko 09-24-2007 07:11 PM

tuq,

Word. Get to it!

tuq 09-24-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try to hold out to at least training camp? It'd end up being 85% Cs talk anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt it. Isn't training camp like in a week anyway?

I defer to tdarko to start the thread cuz I inadvertently started one that he already had going last season. It's not like I'm hot for being a thread starter (nor is he) but I felt kinda bad for that one...

Kneel B4 Zod 09-24-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tdarko,

IMO it's not too early to start an NBA season thread. I feel like I'm crashing these Celtics weirdos' party.

[/ QUOTE ]

the last time I watched a full season, banner 16 went up. occams razor, etc etc etc, banner 17 on the way!

ClassicBob 09-24-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I defer to tdarko to start the thread cuz I inadvertently started one that he already had going last season. It's not like I'm hot for being a thread starter (nor is he) but I felt kinda bad for that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

Do we want to do one season-long thread again? Month-by-month might be a good option.

westhoff 09-25-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

Do we want to do one season-long thread again? Month-by-month might be a good option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care either way. I'm just ready for it. [censored] baseball and football.

tuq 09-25-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly man, I never understood the problem with a SINGLE thread. We all liked each other anyway, so it was a nice continuum (except until the playoffs when a few idiots showed up).

How is a monthly thread different from a season thread? Aren't the regulars reading it anyway? How then does it become unwieldy? I see no point in breaking it up.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've seen this argument multiple times and I've yet to figure out why creating a new thread when we were maybe averaging 10 posts/day, tops was a good idea.

kidcolin 09-25-2007 01:13 AM

yeah, plus my now classic pick-up line "you wouldn't believe how big the NBA thread I post in frequently is" would be pretty much ruined.

ClassicBob 09-25-2007 01:22 AM

Just throwing it out there, I'm cool with the unwieldly thread. The only problem I ever had was people bitching about it.

tuq 09-25-2007 02:13 AM

Well, there's no reason someone would join 2+2 in February and bother to read about stuff we discussed in November, so the whole "it's too big" thing always confused me. More importantly, we're at best the sickly cousin to the NFL and MLB threads and posts in this forum, so having one big thread at least gives our e-peen some respectability.

I get no rocks off on starting the thread myself. In fact I started one last season after completely forgetting that tdarko had started a similar thread a few weeks earlier. So let's get it started, someone. So long as "someone" isn't a Spurs fan...

Toro 09-25-2007 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]

One for regular season and then we'll start a new one for the PLAYOFFS!

XXXNoahXXX 09-25-2007 09:07 AM

all,

I know that people like to post the separate breaking news threads, but I think it might be in the best interest of the forum to just preemptively create a "Celtics Star Injured". This way, it covers any and all injuries incurred by the Big 3.

In addition I'm going to the Dec. Bulls game and I think the Nov. Heat Game. $10 seats meh. Although I'm gonna do some investigative work into which firms I am interviewing with have the best garden luxury boxes and then string them along and let them invite me to games.

BobboFitos 09-25-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, plus my now classic pick-up line "you wouldn't believe how big the NBA thread I post in frequently is" would be pretty much ruined.

[/ QUOTE ]
this delivers

ClarkNasty 09-25-2007 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack:

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly man, I never understood the problem with a SINGLE thread. We all liked each other anyway, so it was a nice continuum (except until the playoffs when a few idiots showed up).

How is a monthly thread different from a season thread? Aren't the regulars reading it anyway? How then does it become unwieldy? I see no point in breaking it up.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've seen this argument multiple times and I've yet to figure out why creating a new thread when we were maybe averaging 10 posts/day, tops was a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

word

tdarko 09-25-2007 01:19 PM

Keep one thread, most of us keep up with it anyway and aren't having to comb through it so it doesn't matter that it is a threadzilla. One thread > a thread for every team and every incident.

One reg season thread.
One playoff thread.
One thread on how the Dallas Mavericks bounce back to win the NBA title.
Then a subsequent thread arguing the legitimacy of Steve Nash.

4 threads sounds about right.

kidcolin 09-25-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thread > a thread for every team and every incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm OK with incident threads. We've got a pretty small group of regular NBA posters, but I wouldn't expect everyone to check the monster thread to talk about the Sonics moving to Anchorage, Kevin Martin slapping Artest, or Kobe retiring 30 games into the season because the Lakers suck so bad.

tdarko 09-25-2007 01:36 PM

KC,

THOSE ARE MAJOR INCIDENTS DAWG!

BobboFitos 09-25-2007 05:43 PM

MAJOR BRAG ALERT.

im getting a 10 game pass for the premium seating box. so sweeet

best part is the 10 game pass includes a game vs jazz, HOORAY!

tuq 09-25-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KC,

THOSE ARE MAJOR INCIDENTS DAWG!

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. That's like when the KG trade happened and someone actually called a thread about it unnecessary because there was already a Celtics thread. No way, that's huge news, and not everyone coming looking to discuss it is going to think to click on the C's thread (which is fine if the homers want to talk about it there anyway). I think we're all pretty good at self-policing this stuff.

kidcolin 09-25-2007 05:57 PM

bobbo,

How on earth? I thought n-game passes were all sold out? I'm just not used to all these tickets being hard to come by. I like you and all, but.. BANDWAGONER!

Leaky Eye 09-25-2007 05:59 PM

What the christ?! Half this thread is about starting a NBA season thread...Just make one already.

tuq 09-25-2007 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the christ?! Half this thread is about starting a NBA season thread...Just make one already.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, good point. Sorry Celtics enthusiasts if we're clogging your thread with non-Celtics discussion. Topic:

Doc sucks
Danny Ainge sucks less but still sucks
Ray Allen for mod
KG for admin

BobboFitos 09-25-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bobbo,

How on earth? I thought n-game passes were all sold out? I'm just not used to all these tickets being hard to come by. I like you and all, but.. BANDWAGONER!

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i got my celtics beat newsletter today at 130, called the premium sales rep, talked to "porter," this is a new 10 game pass released, tickets were open all day today (office is closed now) i'm sure they still have some tomorrow. check out the games (i'll link) I went with the family packet:

Also, I'm not a bandwagoner, I've gotten the celtics beat newsletter for a while (prior to this season) and they;ve always been my east coast team, since i went to hs in mass :P

sportsdeck

kidcolin 09-25-2007 07:37 PM

hmm.. interesting. I'm not sure when I'm moving back, so I'll probably miss out on these, but I'll let my buddies know.