Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sorry, I just made a donk post to the wrong forum (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495214)

sean c 09-07-2007 11:20 AM

Re: Sorry, I just made a donk post to the wrong forum (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
I need to pay someone $20 who only has a pokerstars account and I'm only on full tilt. Anyone here that has accounts at both pm me please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for the morning crowd. Anyone who can spare $20 on stars and could use $20 on FT pm please.

marchron 09-07-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B&M downswing still going...

...so I PFR KK and get 4 callers. Flop is A73 rainbow, check, check, passive limper bets, I fold, limper ends up having A4o. Next hand, flop is KAA. I think "man it would be awesome if that were the board last time" and then the turn is a 4. I almost went on hypothetical tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your mind thinks strange things in a downswing.

Also, last sentence = next NC thread title, AINEC.

Ulkis 09-07-2007 03:52 PM

About making a video - I'd like to take a shot at it, at least you guys would get some entertainment, good comedy, to laugh at. So my question is, you guys seem to be pretty good buddies, what are your thought on revealing your aliases?

People would know, right? Me, you guys would lurk around forever just to take mah monneys away?

Bona 09-07-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About making a video - I'd like to take a shot at it, at least you guys would get some entertainment, good comedy, to laugh at. So my question is, you guys seem to be pretty good buddies, what are your thought on revealing your aliases?

People would know, right? Me, you guys would lurk around forever just to take mah monneys away?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not correct thinking.

a) You will learn a great deal more from these guys (not me necessarily [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) than you will ever lose playing with them.

b) You will probably learn more from the reactions to your video than you could any other way.

If all else fails you will likely win playing with them anyway because they are all big laggy donkeys who post better than they play [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Join in a pick up donkfest everybody knows everybodies screen names anyway.

Ulkis 09-07-2007 04:14 PM

Good to know, I guess what I was asking in my own awkward way was you guys are not keeping your aliases secret so if I make a video I wont be committing a cardinal sin. Couple of guys here know it already anyway.

And Bona, your TR's rock. Just the right balance between fact and entertainment - please keep them coming.

CrMenace 09-07-2007 04:20 PM

My Stars screen name is CrMenace...

Alias revealed!

Bona 09-07-2007 04:21 PM

A serious answer is some do many don't. A few even have the same name. (The whole deal is just never reveal anybody elses. Leave that up to them) I don't feel threatened by who knows my screen name. If a game is too tough for me I know how to get out of it!!

Besides. Live poker is the nuts anyway!! I can't remember now why I ever liked on line poker. Oh yeah I do remember. I can learn a lot from it.

EDITED TO ADD: Mine is BonaFideFish on all sites I play on. I picked a screen name I could play to consistently.

nomadtla 09-07-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the regulars here know the other regulars aliases it's not a big deal and can't be avoided when we have fun drunkern games, sweating players, session reviews, KOTKP with eachother. If you're afraid of us hunting you, don't be, most of the really good players here play higher then what I've seen you post regularly. The few that play in .25/.50-1/2 have a lot better fish to hunt then you gaurenteed. Personally I don't like sitting at tables with other 2+2 and avoid it if possible, and even if I do I try to stay out of hands with them. There are so many better targets and if a table has enough targets for me then I will sit but stay out of the other 2+2's way. Why would I want to get involved in a hand against a villain I know thinks about their game. Even if their games not the most solid I know if they are a thinking player it will be harder for me to extract value and at the limits your playing there are so many better fish to catch.

I hate quoting Rounders when talking serious poker discussion but "You don't see Pihranas eat eachother in the wild"

If you're that worried about it then just don't do a vid. But I gaurentee that if you do a vid and we have a good laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you will learn a lot and that will earn you more bets then the ones you're worried about losing.

Edited to add: I see that a few of your responders outed themselves. I will not do that not because I don't trust you or any other regular poster. Most of the people in this thread know my name. But I don't post it inline cause I prefer to hide it from people just browsing the forums who are not 2+2 members/freinds of mine.

aK13 09-07-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone hold my hand and take me through steps to make a vid w/ sound hopefully. i have a microphone.

i want to make one

[/ QUOTE ]

Voice commentary on your play is actually extremely helpful to improve your play. Definitely recommended.

kerowo 09-07-2007 04:56 PM

Meh, does Stars even have a fish finder that remembers names? Probably more effort than it's worth. Noma's right though, the worst 2+2 poster isn't going to be worth playing against when there are much worse players out there.

Here is a lolcat that has nothing to do with this:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...of-trouble.jpg

nerdking 09-07-2007 05:47 PM

If you see a guy with the sn Nerdking, it's probably me. Unless he's on Party, in which case hunt the [censored] down, because he stole my alias (I can't play on Party anyway, because I'm in the US).

And yeah, most of the regulars have better things to do than hunt fellow 2p2ers. The last thing I want to do is sit across from another student of the game. This is why I stopped playing 1/2 FR on Stars...[censored]' tagfest.

OziBattler 09-07-2007 06:19 PM

most regulars probably know my name. like Nomad I dont ever post it on 2+2 because Im not giving it out for free to lurkers. If they want it they gotta work harder than that.

I certainly am not going to track down a 2+2er because there are other people out there who are way profitable for me. I do recall a couple of times when I found myself in pots with weak 2+2ers and I may have put a move on them but most of the time you cant outplay other 2+2ers because you have other peope to contend with anyway.

Also if a lurker or other non vet 2+2ers happen to get my SN then I would probably guess that they fold too much and let me zomg steal pots when they dont have a peice of it. Thats if they havent run for the hills cos they are scared shiteless. hehe. Lurkers pls be repsecting vet posters...mo money for us yo!

oh and on a serious note, if you run tiltblocker you might be able to cover your SN or perhaps you can come up with some other rudimentary way to do it. You could, for example, temporarily position one of the table stats right where your SN happens to be and when recording select your region to avoid the bar at the top. your SN in the chatbox might be visible but if you dont record at the top resolution then it might be blurred enough or you could just turn off all chatbox options....hmmm, seems covering ones name in a recording might be a bit more tricky than I thought when I started this paragraph [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MrWookie 09-07-2007 06:29 PM

Yeah, I think the most important thing is to mask your SN from the Google spiders, not from people who are regs here. I have two different SNs, one for Stars that's just MrWookie. I only play on Stars for 2+2 events, so I don't mind being easy to spot. I have another one on FTP that I don't post about here, although I'm sure plenty of regs know it. I don't really care. I only care about the lurkers, and mostly that means people who might punch your SN into Google to get a read. If they even have to click on a video to get your name, that will very much reduce the number of people who know your SN.

Wetdog 09-07-2007 06:44 PM

LOL gutshotstudaments

PokerStars Game #11927942249: 7 Card Stud Limit ($0.04/$0.08) - 2007/09/07 - 18:34:20 (ET)
Table 'Phocaea' 8-max
Seat 1: somedude ($1.17 in chips)
Seat 2: someotherdude ($1.54 in chips)
Seat 3: randomdude ($1.60 in chips)
Seat 4: anotherrandomdude ($0.97 in chips)
Seat 5: someguy ($1.98 in chips)
Seat 6: anotherguy($0.68 in chips)
Seat 7: Wetdog13 ($2.85 in chips)
weall: posts the ante $0.01
*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to BlueMaxxx [Ah]
Dealt to berrysauce [8h]
Dealt to nico__NL [2d]
Dealt to sabreman [7s]
Dealt to pokamanch [8d]
Dealt to FLSkinsfan [Kd]
Dealt to Wetdog13 [9h 8s 9s]
nico__NL: brings in for $0.02
sabreman: calls $0.02
pokamanch: folds
FLSkinsfan: folds
Wetdog13: calls $0.02
BlueMaxxx: calls $0.02
berrysauce: folds
*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to BlueMaxxx [Ah] [As]
Dealt to nico__NL [2d] [Qc]
Dealt to sabreman [7s] [9d]
Dealt to Wetdog13 [9h 8s 9s] [Ts]
Pair on board - a double bet is allowed
berrysauce leaves the table
BlueMaxxx: bets $0.08
nico__NL: folds
sabreman: calls $0.08
Wetdog13: calls $0.08
*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to BlueMaxxx [Ah As] [Ac]
Dealt to sabreman [7s 9d] [3d]
Dealt to Wetdog13 [9h 8s 9s Ts] [Qd]
sabreman: folds
Wetdog13: calls $0.08
*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to BlueMaxxx [Ah As Ac] [2s]
Dealt to Wetdog13 [9h 8s 9s Ts Qd] [Jd]
Wetdog13: raises $0.08 to $0.16
BlueMaxxx: calls $0.08
*** RIVER ***
Dealt to Wetdog13 [9h 8s 9s Ts Qd Jd] [3c]
BlueMaxxx: checks
Wetdog13: bets $0.08
BlueMaxxx: calls $0.08
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Wetdog13: shows [9h 8s 9s Ts Qd Jd 3c] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
BlueMaxxx: mucks hand
Wetdog13 collected $0.99 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.03 | Rake $0.04
Seat 1: BlueMaxxx mucked [8c Kc Ah As Ac 2s 6d]
Seat 2: berrysauce folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 3: nico__NL folded on the 4th Street
Seat 4: sabreman folded on the 5th Street
Seat 5: pokamanch folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 6: FLSkinsfan folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Wetdog13 showed [9h 8s 9s Ts Qd Jd 3c] and won ($0.99) with a straight, Eight to Queen

Wetdog 09-07-2007 08:50 PM

PS $5K freeroll
6905 runners
placed 985th for $1 win
ROI: infinity!

Buzz-cp 09-08-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unusual flapdoodle in the omaha forum..

[/ QUOTE ]

TimberBee's avatar makes me uncomfortable.

It's threads like this one that make me avoid the Omaha forums like they're on fire. Half a step in any direction and you're in a BBV or OOT-style flame-war.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehm no, that's why I say "unusual." the omaha forum has lots of good discussion. I rate it clearly above SS, and the tourney strat forums.

bozlax 09-08-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unusual flapdoodle in the omaha forum..

[/ QUOTE ]

TimberBee's avatar makes me uncomfortable.

It's threads like this one that make me avoid the Omaha forums like they're on fire. Half a step in any direction and you're in a BBV or OOT-style flame-war.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehm no, that's why I say "unusual." the omaha forum has lots of good discussion. I rate it clearly above SS, and the tourney strat forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they've changed in the last eight months.

Buzz-cp 09-08-2007 01:41 AM

For tyler:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 8c 5c 9h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Jd 7d 6h 5h 394 48.05 423 51.59 3 0.37 0.482
Ts 7s Ac 9c 423 51.59 394 48.05 3 0.37 0.518
</pre><hr />

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $15.05
Button: $4.80
SB: $11.70
BB: $7.20
UTG: $15.55

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets $0.40</font>, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $3.80</font>, SB folds, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $12.20</font>, Hero calls $0.90 (all in).

Turn: ($10.20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: ($10.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Final Pot: $10.20

Results:
Hero shows 9c, Ts, Ac, 7s ().
UTG shows 6h, 5h, 7d, Jd (a straight, Nine high).
Outcome: ($10.20 Rake)

tyler_cracker 09-08-2007 02:01 AM

i'm a little surprised by this result:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3046654
pokenum -o ac 9c ts 7s - jd 7d 6h 5h -- 9h 8c 5c
Ts 7s Ac 9c 423 51.59 394 48.05 3 0.37 0.518
Jd 7d 6h 5h 394 48.05 423 51.59 3 0.37 0.482

if we give villain a set as well:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3046659
pokenum -o ac 9c ts 7s - 9d 9s 7d 6h -- 9h 8c 5c
Ts 7s Ac 9c 354 43.17 456 55.61 10 1.22 0.438
9s 9d 7d 6h 456 55.61 354 43.17 10 1.22 0.562

top two pair and the top end oesd:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=3046662
pokenum -o ac 9c ts 7s - jd td 9s 8s -- 9h 8c 5c
Ts 7s Ac 9c 459 55.98 333 40.61 28 3.41 0.577
9s 8s Jd Td 333 40.61 459 55.98 28 3.41 0.423

i don't know enough about opponent's hand ranges, but i guess you're in pretty good shape.

oh, i just noticed that you were shortstacked (why were you shortstacked?), which makes this hand a lot easier to play (is that why?).

anyway, turn and/or river better next time.

tailspin4540 09-08-2007 07:58 AM

This was... odd. Also, villain was sitting with 620 BB and a horrible connection.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

bravos1 09-08-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was... odd. Also, villain was sitting with 620 BB and a horrible connection.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

yup... you donking 2 streets was def odd!

Buzz-cp 09-08-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a little surprised by this result:

i don't know enough about opponent's hand ranges, but i guess you're in pretty good shape.

oh, i just noticed that you were shortstacked (why were you shortstacked?), which makes this hand a lot easier to play (is that why?).

anyway, turn and/or river better next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

your right, resultswise, his hand was pretty good for me, but yeah I was short and sometimes he folds to my checkraise. I was short because of an earlier hand in which the same guy 1-outered me. I didn't bother rebuying as I was getting tired and wanted to make easier decisions, such as this.

train. 09-08-2007 07:17 PM

Just looked at the top25 score board. Pedro you watchin/listenin to freso/TexAM game?

kerowo 09-08-2007 09:23 PM

he he he, my recent contribution to the "crackpot's theories on the WTC attacks" thread in SMP.

I bet they used these:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...siblejetpl.jpg

train. 09-08-2007 11:13 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../tigereye2.jpg

geauxcats [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

edit: how the hell does musberger keep a job.

V4P 09-08-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked at the top25 score board. Pedro you watchin/listenin to freso/TexAM game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exciting stuff...I'm still confused about that ruling in the first OT

tyler_cracker 09-09-2007 12:21 AM

lol razzaments

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...page=0&amp;vc=1

*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2.35) | Rake ($0.10)
Seat 1: Villain won Total ($2.25) with 7,5,4,4,2 [4s 2h 7s 5d 4d 5s 4c - P:2h,B:4c,B:4d,B:5d,B:7s]
Seat 2: Hero lost with 9,7,3,A,A [Ac 9s 7c 3s Ad 3h 9h -
P:Ac,B:Ad,B:3h,B:7c,B:9h]

hilarity ensues.

kerowo 09-09-2007 09:46 AM

Re: lol razzaments

Doesn't villian have a 75 there and hero a 97? Isn't the site right? Can you sum up the correct answer so I don't to wade through the whole thread Tyler?

Todpullen 09-09-2007 11:12 AM

I just learnt an awful lot about the rules of razz by reading that thread! Not that I will be playing the game any time soon.

Xhad 09-09-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't villian have a 75 there and hero a 97? Isn't the site right? Can you sum up the correct answer so I don't to wade through the whole thread Tyler?

[/ QUOTE ]

The size of the pair matters. Both players have to play a pair. In lowball games a pair of A's is lowest (b/c A is the lowest card) so a pair of A's should beat a pair of 4's.

EDIT: Also, as someone else in that thread pointed out, even if AA was the high pair the player should be able to play 33A97 and beat villain's 44xxx, so either way hero should win.

bozlax 09-09-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The size of the pair matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next NC thread title, aninec.

JavaNut 09-09-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The size of the pair matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next NC thread title, aninec.

[/ QUOTE ]

bennyhana 09-09-2007 12:56 PM

mmmmmm, Sunday

Golly gee Wally, do you like Sunday mornings as much as I do?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...dmorning-1.jpg

Buzz-cp 09-09-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...page=0&amp;vc=1

*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2.35) | Rake ($0.10)
Seat 1: Villain won Total ($2.25) with 7,5,4,4,2 [4s 2h 7s 5d 4d 5s 4c - P:2h,B:4c,B:4d,B:5d,B:7s]
Seat 2: Hero lost with 9,7,3,A,A [Ac 9s 7c 3s Ad 3h 9h -
P:Ac,B:Ad,B:3h,B:7c,B:9h]

hilarity ensues.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, lots of stud nerdity in that thread. Indeed, my head hurts too!! I don't think I'm ever playing at Abs. That is pretty scary...

train. 09-09-2007 01:35 PM

Re: mmmmmm, Sunday

[ QUOTE ]
Golly gee Wally, do you like asswhacks that post oversize images as much as I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bennyhana 09-09-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Golly gee Wally, do you like asswhacks that post oversize images as much as I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

javascript:maxwidth=800;pi=document.getElementsByT agName("img");for(var%20i=0;i&lt;=pi.length;i++){v ar%20aspectratio=(pi.item(i).height/pi.item(i).width);if(pi.item(i).width&gt;maxwidth) {pi.item(i).width=maxwidth;pi.item(i).height=aspec tratio*maxwidth;}}

or new monitor, you choose. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bona 09-09-2007 01:52 PM

Train- Them cats looked TUUUUFFFFFF yesterday. One saving grace is that they way our boys looked we won't have to worry much about meeting up with them Geaux Cats in January. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

marchron 09-09-2007 01:54 PM

I won a Razz pot with quads once.

Yes, I'm searching through funny posts of mine again. Along the same lines, here's one where I leveled BBV.

Buzz-cp 09-09-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You suck.. I thought you won a showdown with quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

V4P 09-09-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won a Razz pot with quads once.

Yes, I'm searching through funny posts of mine again. Along the same lines, here's one where I leveled BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really an A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or what?