Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG MOLE - Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=478981)

btmagnetw 08-18-2007 12:25 AM

Re: POG MOLE - Game Thread

flander's conscience got the best of you.

-3 rods for your team for not saying "nicely done-diddly-un"

dmk 08-18-2007 12:25 AM

who will be your leader/

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 12:28 AM

not sure if we should give out that info or not

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 12:29 AM

or if nich is announcing it or anything

dmk 08-18-2007 12:30 AM

fair enuff

clowntable 08-18-2007 12:45 AM

our leader may or may not be asian

FCBLComish 08-18-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
our leader may or may not be human

[/ QUOTE ]

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 12:25 PM

i dont want to wait till monday let's move on

Nicholasp27 08-18-2007 12:42 PM

a few things:

i will announce how both teams did on task 1 after the deadline passes on monday

i will announce the captains of the teams after the deadline passes on tuesday

notice i said captains do task 4...task 3 will start by Monday

the first mole quiz will occur after task 4

u guys can talk smack in this thread, say what u may be planning on doing, or whatever...but it's not binding, so feel free to lie or whatever

Nicholasp27 08-18-2007 01:18 PM

i'll do a more complete writeup of the rules this week, but here are the main points:

both teams never merge
after each mole quiz, one non-mole from each team gets eliminated...the mole can NEVER be eliminated
the final question of each mole quiz will be "who is the mole"...the less people saying the actual mole, the more points the mole gets...also, if u say the actual mole here, u will not go home even with worst score on rest of quiz, unless at least 51% of ur team specifies the mole there
someone eliminated every every mole quiz from BOTH teams no matter which team does better in the challenges

after 11 mole quizzes there will be 3 on each team...more tasks and then the final mole quiz...that will determine which of the non-moles on each team is eliminated and which wins for their team

3 preliminary winners: surviving non-mole on each team and the top mole...then non-moles compared to see who is top non-mole for the game...then top non-mole and top mole compared to see who is the overall winner

non-moles: based on team points AND how often u specified the correct mole on the 12 mole quizzes AND what your average mole-quiz score was

moles: based on how many points your team missed out on AND how many points you were able to be responsible for sabatoging AND how few people said your name on mole quiz AND what your team's average mole quiz scores were

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 04:18 PM

sup isotopes

any gossip you want to tell us or anything?

clowntable 08-18-2007 04:44 PM

Our mole just pretty much gave up because we caught him with a n insanely clever trick (that and he was somewhat stupid).

btmagnetw 08-18-2007 04:48 PM

for real? that sucks for us, intensely.

metsandfinsfan 08-18-2007 04:58 PM

so your mole came out or you think u know its him just cause he put on the 11th vote like dmk said

Cueballmania 08-18-2007 05:35 PM

OMG, the mole is in Arkansas!

Mole affects children!

FCBLComish 08-18-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so your mole came out or you think u know its him just cause he put on the 11th vote like dmk said

[/ QUOTE ]

Our mole came over and bought ice cream for everyone. Now the whole team has Montezuma's revenge. We do know who the mole is though.

dmk 08-18-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not really sure how the eliminations work. i assume everyone votes for the person they think is the mole. if person that gets most votes isn't mole, they're eliminated. if they are, then ???

regardless, we should know quickly whether or not he's the mole i guess

btmagnetw 08-18-2007 09:47 PM

if he's the mole, he's sticking around for the whole game. person who knows the least about the mole is eliminated each round.

Nicholasp27 08-19-2007 02:13 AM

dmk, look at my post earlier today

for further clarification:

each mole quiz will have some number of questions about the mole (ie is mole male or female? does mole go to springfield elementary? etc etc)...the final question is "who is the mole?"

if u get that final question right and <51% of ur team gets it right, u can't be eliminated...of those who don't get it right, whomever gets lowest score on rest of questions go home

mole NEVER gets eliminated

metsandfinsfan 08-19-2007 02:21 AM

so if 60% of the team guesses the mole you can eliminate someone who =does even tho others didnt?

ghey

FCBLComish 08-19-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so if 60% of the team guesses the mole you can eliminate someone who =does even tho others didnt?

ghey

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAA HA.

Nicholasp27 08-19-2007 01:23 PM

if u know who the mole is, u should score 100% on the quiz...if u score that poorly to lose out to someone who didn't know who the mole is, then u luckboxed on the mole; u didn't know them

metsandfinsfan 08-20-2007 09:17 AM

223 minutes.........................

Nicholasp27 08-20-2007 11:45 AM

***Task Three - Trivia***

I've split your teams into multiple groups with rand...i will pm each player a trivia question...if everyone in a group get their question right, then more rods for the team...if even one in a group gets it wrong, no rods earned by that group.

fmxda 08-20-2007 11:48 AM

Isn't this task 3

Hold'em 07 08-20-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
223 minutes.........................

[/ QUOTE ]

46 minutes

metsandfinsfan 08-20-2007 12:40 PM

2400 seconds

metsandfinsfan 08-20-2007 01:31 PM

- 3000 seconds

Nicholasp27 08-20-2007 01:43 PM

***Announcement***

Task One has been completed by both teams. The fake characters were:

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/179/barneykp8.jpg

and

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7038/margemr3.jpg

Both teams figured this out in time, so both teams got 5 rods!

People have inquired about the character choices, so i'll explain. Everyone submitted 3 choices...i used these to determine everyone's characters...i then randed teams and randed a mole on each team...so characters were based on people's choices, not their roles...and when i created task 1, i simply added marge and barney to the list as popular characters that weren't taken

Task two is still underway, finishing tomorrow
Task three is starting today, you will get pm soon
Task four will start tomorrow after two completes
Mole Quiz One will be posted after task four is completed, so make sure you are around Wednesday at some point to complete the quiz, so we can start task 5 this week.

Nicholasp27 08-20-2007 04:45 PM

***Task 3 trivia pms are going out now. You have until Wednesday 1pm to send me back your answer. Do not use ANY resources to answer the questions and do not discuss what your questions were in the thread (u can say "tough" or "easy" or something, but nothing specific)

Nicholasp27 08-20-2007 05:31 PM

All pms have gone out; if u don't have one, pm me immediately to let me know; Answers due by 1pm Wednesday

metsandfinsfan 08-20-2007 05:39 PM

mine was ubereasy

Hold'em 07 08-20-2007 05:58 PM

Most difficult question I has ever seen outside of teh Official Sheep Season.

Nicholasp27 08-20-2007 06:03 PM

Clarification:

Each team has been randed into 4 subgroups of 3-4 players each; I will say which subgroups pass (all players got right) and which ones failed (at least one got wrong). I will list the players in each grouping, so you know who was in which subgroup. I will not say what the questions or correct answers were (u can pm me about ur question's answer if u want). You can divulge that info after the round completes on Wednesday if u'd like or hold it in if u wish.

btmagnetw 08-20-2007 06:13 PM

so after wednesday, we're allowed to talk about the questions?

Nicholasp27 08-21-2007 12:41 PM

***Task 2 Results***

Both teams completed the task for 5 rods! Mets and DMK are the captains! Congrats!

Pin Pals finished first and gets 3 bonus rods!

However, both teams had 11 on the captain, so both teams lose 3 rods!

Overall Scoreboard:
Isotopes - 7 (8)
Pin Pals - 10 (5)

(#) = # of potential rods not gotten

Nicholasp27 08-21-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so after wednesday, we're allowed to talk about the questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

after wednesday deadline, u can talk about questions with ur own team in ur own team thread only

Nicholasp27 08-21-2007 12:49 PM

***Task 4***

This is for Mets and DMK only!
You must each pm your answer to me by Wednesday 1pm...

You have the opportunity to win immunity for yourself for the next TWO mole quizzes. To win it, you must outbid the other captain. The currency? Team Rods!

Minimum bid = 5
Maximum bid = # of rods your team currently has (isotopes 7, pin pals 10)

Whomever bids the most gets immunity and their team loses that # of rods...The other team does not lose any rods...If both people tie their bid, then both teams lose the rods and both players get immunity

You may bid 0 to not play the game and not have a shot at immunity, but if you play the game, you must bid at least 5.

You may discuss this challenge in team threads and in this thread, but only the pm is binding...u may change your pm up until 1pm Wednesday deadline

metsandfinsfan 08-21-2007 12:56 PM

whoa

clowntable 08-21-2007 01:00 PM

dmk will bid 5-6
We were kinda hoping for a "which captain has the hottest wife" contest though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]