Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FT200, They be raising my set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=475710)

futuredoc85 08-12-2007 09:02 PM

Re: FT200, They be raising my set

[ QUOTE ]
why does MP being 1/2-stacked make limping any better than raising? or any better than if he had a full stack?

and what were the "table conditions" or other factors? all you said was that villain just sat down 5 hands ago... had he limped evry hand so far or something that tells you J8 is in his range?

my point is that:
1) you shouldve been all in on the turn and
2) 2pr is more likely than a turned strt.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c raising and getting a call from a small stack makes a c-bet very awkward w/ small pairs when you miss your set. also he's probably bad so you can get a decent amount of money from him when you limp and hit your set often enough.

carrotsnake 08-12-2007 09:05 PM

thank god someone has brains <3 futuredoc

Bulletproof Monk 08-12-2007 09:07 PM

what the hell is wrong with limping preflop?

cs3 08-12-2007 11:04 PM

i dont agree with a c-bet being awkward - raising often gets us heads up with the donk and we still take it down most of the time (if HU, 16 in pot and
he has ~100 left. whats so awkward?)

also when we raise and get several calers is way easier to get all in vs the full stacks.
i still dont see how limping can be better.

vancouverspecial 08-12-2007 11:12 PM

limping and raising are both +ev so why not mix it up.
Some of the best cash players in the world open-limp their button occasionally, and that is seriously wtf.

Edit :how are you gonna second barrell, hit set enough to complain about pf? The only way you can win is cbet here

ikestoys 08-12-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the best cash players in the world open-limp their button occasionally, and that is seriously wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

i call bs

vancouverspecial 08-12-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i call bs

[/ QUOTE ]

brad booth

reedit: durr

futuredoc85 08-12-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i call bs

[/ QUOTE ]

durr

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulletproof Monk 08-12-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i call bs

[/ QUOTE ]

i often open-limp the button fwiw

AceofSpades 08-12-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is wrong with limping preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

because someone usually raises, and it's very hard to play it limp/calling without hitting a set, because of cont betting/bluffing/he has us beat. Also, good for shania as two pair on a low flop!=nuts for opponent when we pfr. Raising really only sucks when we get reraised with overpair but since this is six max it's less likely to have that situation vs nonpairs...because it adds more hands where we are good when cont-bets gets raised so our opponent can't bluff raise as profitably.....because then we have to limp other hands so our range isn't clearly defined.

anybody think of any more reasons? or why my reasons are wrong?

and CO limp != BTN limp

ikestoys 08-12-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i call bs

[/ QUOTE ]

brad booth

reedit: durr

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't booth go bust?

btw, good high stakes players still have leaks in their games, sometimes big ones

BGnight 08-12-2007 11:42 PM

Pf is fine if table dynamics call for it. lol at people who can't change gears pf.
This is redundant, but push the turn w/ all those friggin draws out there.

oh, and i too <3 futuredoc's post

Keyser. 08-12-2007 11:49 PM

preflop is fine. Don't know what the rest of the discussion is about, looks like an easy river call. turn shove is good too.

Jonezycat 08-13-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why does MP being 1/2-stacked make limping any better than raising? or any better than if he had a full stack?

and what were the "table conditions" or other factors? all you said was that villain just sat down 5 hands ago... had he limped evry hand so far or something that tells you J8 is in his range?

my point is that:
1) you shouldve been all in on the turn and
2) 2pr is more likely than a turned strt.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c raising and getting a call from a small stack makes a c-bet very awkward w/ small pairs when you miss your set. also he's probably bad so you can get a decent amount of money from him when you limp and hit your set often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura 08-13-2007 01:06 AM

this thread is lol