Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD****** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472548)

brettbrettr 08-13-2007 08:33 PM

Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
Comments on Thomas Jones injury?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Rosenhaus its a calf strain and he's week-to-week. He'll play opening week.

Suigin406 08-13-2007 10:43 PM

^^yea, he said he's 'confident' he'll be playing...man, the jets cannot avoid a setback like this...

SMIGLET 08-13-2007 11:48 PM

not too worried about jones missing much time, but if he does, opening against the pats and ravens is gonna be even less fun than already...

wh1t3bread 08-15-2007 09:38 PM

Revis finally signs! 6 year contract. $36 million. Wow.

SMIGLET 08-15-2007 10:03 PM

are you kidding me? 6 mill a year? jesus christ.

Suigin406 08-15-2007 10:34 PM

hefty contract...how much of this is gauranteed/bonus coz i didn't see anything other than 6/36...

oh well, hopefully he gets up to speed quickly...

Mike Gallo 08-15-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hefty contract...how much of this is gauranteed/bonus coz i didn't see anything other than 6/36...

oh well, hopefully he gets up to speed quickly...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they can get him ready for the Patriots game?

Suigin406 08-15-2007 11:00 PM

^^who knows how long it will take him to get into game shape, or more importantly, learn the playbook...

also, i don't think the coaching staff is going to be thrilled with his holdout, so he's prolly well behind in his bid for a starting spot on opening day

Degenerasian 08-16-2007 03:00 AM

Our corners are very bad (sans Dyson). Revis cannot be any worse. I say he sees the field quite a bit on week 1.

wh1t3bread 08-16-2007 08:53 AM

There is no doubt in my mind Revis gets alot of playing time against the Pats week 1. They might pull some shenanigans like sitting him the 1st quarter or something, but he'll be out there. Especially if Miller and Coleman are still banged up. There is no way we go into that game with Dyson, Poteat and Barrett. No way.

Apparantly the 6/36 is a really complicated contract. So who knows how much of that is guaranteed. He got top 10, maybe even top 8 money. The Jets got the 6th year (which they really wanted so that they can definitely avoid having a situation where they might lose Brick or Revis due to only having 1 franchise tag).

I really question though why it took this long to get this done?

The Star Ledger is saying that Kendall is here to stay. Even with his big mouth and masshole attitude. I don't necessarily think the Jets FO should give in and re-negotiate a contract that they just reworked last offseason. But they shouldn't be treating Kendall like a rookie FA either and making him work out at center and with the 2nd team offense, etc. Sounds pretty juvenile.

Wes Mantooth 08-16-2007 09:09 AM

Didn't the player picked ahead of Revis get a 5 year $15 mil deal? This contract with Revis seems horrid, even if they can get out of the 6th year of the deal.

Suigin406 08-16-2007 09:16 AM

well, from the articles, and like how whit alluded to, the jets absolutely needed the 6th year to avoid a sticky situation later and this is the price they paid for it...hard to put a value on this need, but we'll see...

more importantly, this guy better come through, our secondary needs help badly...

as for kendall, i was at first on his side in this...now this is just getting stupid as he had it re-worked last year and is now causing problems...no way can they cut him because of the talent/need, but someone needs to tell him to shut up and block

wh1t3bread 08-16-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't the player picked ahead of Revis get a 5 year $15 mil deal? This contract with Revis seems horrid, even if they can get out of the 6th year of the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Carriker signed a deal at about that number. The total amount of the deal though while being $36m might not really be that much. It depends on how much is guaranteed. Apparently this contract is over 50 pages long and is chock full of incentives and what not. This is probably one of those cases where the agent gets to say, "Look at me!!! I got the 14th pick in the draft top 8 money!!", when he really didn't due to all the incentives, many of which may not be attainable. Yada Yada Yada.

brettbrettr 08-16-2007 09:51 AM

Its 4 and $16M or 6 and $30M. Big contract. Very big contract.

Wes Mantooth 08-16-2007 10:17 AM

$11 million in guarantees in 4 years... that holdout worked out well for him.

2Fast 08-16-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank G*D he signed. I know the holdout sucked but I liked what he said upon signing:

"I'm still learning," Revis said. "I'm still young. I'm still a rookie. I'm not a veteran in this game. I've still got a lot of work to do. I'm going to keep on working hard and doing what the coaches tell me to do."

I know it's too soon to tell but so far he sounds like a hardworking guy who knows what's expected of him and what he needs to do. I guess we will see - the schedule is brutal we're gonna need all the help we can get.

wh1t3bread 08-16-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too shabby. He definitely got top 10 money then. Good for him and his agent. The Jets FO must be really high on this guy.

Can't wait to see him on the field.

Triumph36 08-16-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too shabby. He definitely got top 10 money then. Good for him and his agent. The Jets FO must be really high on this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That or they saw the secondary you listed going into a Week 1 matchup with the Patriots.

SMIGLET 08-16-2007 11:22 AM

i always thought barrett was pretty solid, dont understand why mangini was and is so reluctant to play him more...coleman has decent cover skills but he cant tackle for [censored]. rotation shud be dyson barrett revis poteat imo, if you cant tackle ur worthless.

wh1t3bread 08-16-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That or they saw the secondary you listed going into a Week 1 matchup with the Patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SMIGLET 08-16-2007 03:25 PM

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....xml&coll=1

kendall is not going anywhere

Suigin406 08-16-2007 05:18 PM

^^man, daily criticism on management while at practice, damn, what a schmuck

Suigin406 08-17-2007 11:35 PM

not that i really care, but pennington didn't look all that good...washington did, but he's not the starter...eh

SMIGLET 08-18-2007 12:58 AM

pennington with completion percentage of 70! amazing!

Mike Gallo 08-23-2007 02:00 PM

Kendall traded...

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....xml&coll=1

kendall is not going anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Kendall got traded...full story..here

Full story

Suigin406 08-23-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Kendall traded...

not too much surprise here, tjis guy must have been getting really annoying at camp...unfourtanetly, a hit to the OL...

SMIGLET 08-23-2007 02:23 PM

i am stunned, even all the reports in the local papers have said the organization was prob gonna keep him. unbeleivable

Suigin406 08-23-2007 02:32 PM

^^can't be that surprising, yea, he was a solid player for his position, but from what i had been reading, he was routinely taking shots at management after practice...that's a no-no imo

BillNye 08-23-2007 02:57 PM

I heard Pennington did well against the Vikes, didnt he have like 3td passes?

Tyler Durden 08-23-2007 03:02 PM

As a Skins fan, we had to make this trade. We have no real left guard to replace Derrick Dockery. Can Kendall still play a little bit? Please say yes.

Suigin406 08-23-2007 03:33 PM

the short answer is yes, he was very good last year in protecting pennington and despite the pay raise he is supposedly getting, it won't be anything that will break the bank...pretty good value is what you should be getting

brettbrettr 08-23-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Skins fan, we had to make this trade. We have no real left guard to replace Derrick Dockery. Can Kendall still play a little bit? Please say yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can play a little bit. That's about it. Last year he was average to slightly below.

Mike Gallo 08-23-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kendall will play solid for you guys.
Nice to see you Tyler [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
We play you guys this season

Suigin406 08-23-2007 08:20 PM

jeez, the redskins still like our players a lot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wh1t3bread 08-23-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Kendall is better than anything you guys had at Left Guard. He is also better than anything the Jets have at Left Guard but whatever. He is a Masshole though therefore you must hate him by default.

Tyler Durden 08-24-2007 08:29 PM

What's up Mike. The Jets game is in a tough stretch for us.
@ the Patriots and @ the Jets in consecutive weeks. Ouch.

Mike Gallo 08-24-2007 10:35 PM

We have a rough start. Home against the Patriots on the road against the Ravens.

I think the Jets will take a small step back this year and finish anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7 anything else would impress me.

Degenerasian 08-26-2007 05:12 AM

Get ready for a rough season. Our O-Line is in shambles. If Jacob Bender is our starter at RG I will puke. It's bad enough to have Adrien Clarke at LG. I say Pennington goes down with a season ender by Week 5 as a result of shoddy blocking.

MacGuyV 08-26-2007 12:13 PM

I'm impressed that you guys have such reserved expectations for this year. Everyone in the nat'l media seems to think they're a slam dunk for 2nd place w/ a brilliant 2nd yr coach, which reminds me a lot of Miami last yr.

Not to sound too old school, but I don't think you can win consistently w/out being able to run or stop the run unless you have a HoF QB. Maybe Thomas Jones was a nice pick-up, but I don't really see him as a difference-maker providing all other variables remain constant?

Anyway G/L vs. the Pats [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Triumph36 08-26-2007 01:01 PM

MacGuyV:

The Jets first unit has looked pretty brutal these past two pre-season games. Plus, they ran fairly hot on an easy schedule last season.