Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465897)

Paul B. 08-01-2007 12:15 PM

Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

I voted Rabbit but only if you get those wheels.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 12:26 PM

Ya, those wheels are tight. I don't believe they're the the wheel option though, but I would be getting nice ones soon thereafter anyway for either car.

jgunnip 08-01-2007 12:30 PM

I voted Lancer cause it looks prettier. About how much do these toys cost?

BHokie1 08-01-2007 12:36 PM

TFG A White Rabbit? - Are you a Alice in Wonderland fan? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ditch Digger 08-01-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thoroughly convinced that once you turn down sex from a hot girl you will undoubtedly go on some unforseeable cold streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean I need to rethink becoming a poker pro?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, just don't move to Missouri and you should be fine.

bones 08-01-2007 12:39 PM

Update for any readers of my blog: I got Gordon's email address and had AMT send him a link to my 10k challenge. Hopefully this gets interesting soon.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 12:39 PM

Lancer should be about 16k, rabbit 18k out the door. The rabbit has the better engine and a ton of space in the back obviously, that's the difference. If I move quick I may be able to get a new 07 rabbit for less than that. I'm a bit concerned about the low red line in the Rabbit, when I was driving I had to shift to 2nd like almost automatically. Kinda crazy.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG A White Rabbit? - Are you a Alice in Wonderland fan? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, good one. All the other colors are really ugly, Black is ok but white looks sweet. I like white, the funky blue, that red, and black in the Lancer.

DevinLake 08-01-2007 12:41 PM

Wiggs, I went out and got drunk last night too! But, I just woke up and don't have to work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Slim Pickens 08-01-2007 12:47 PM

Both the Rabbit and Lancer suck. Spending less than 20k on a new car is a waste of money. Fix the [censored] Civic and drive it until you have the money to buy a real car that

a) doesn't sell 90% of it's units to spoiled teenage girls
b) isn't made entirely out plastic and tin foil
c) might actually get you laid

BHokie1 08-01-2007 12:47 PM

Slim,

I haven't read the book, and from reviews I probably never will.

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to argue about is the hand ranges, but the way the material has been presented, it isn’t clear to the reader opponents’ hand ranges are a critical parameter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your argument/critical review can focus on opponents hand ranges being a critical parameter, using his examples to show how drastically EV can change with different calling ranges.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both the Rabbit and Lancer suck. Spending less than 20k on a new car is a waste of money. Fix the [censored] Civic and drive it until you have the money to buy a real car that

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about 3k+ in repairs on my Civic, one that already has 150k miles on it & is 10 years+ old. I really don't care about a) or c) & they aren't made out of plastic & tin foil. They aren't [censored] cars. I don't care about c) because I have a gf, not because I'm celibate [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, I'm fine with saving money rather than buying a real nice car right now because I have a lot of loans to payoff and I haven't even started grad school yet...I think spending 30k on a car would be really stupid right now.

wiggs73 08-01-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wiggs, I went out and got drunk last night too! But, I just woke up and don't have to work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I hate you.

fluorescenthippo 08-01-2007 12:53 PM

i had a dream last night that i read the new sng book.then i watched the movie gross point blank and ended up fighting an army of robots in the las vegas airport. im not sure where im going with this.

suzzer99 08-01-2007 01:16 PM

Can someone please pull Lee Jones' fist out of my ass? TY

spacegravy 08-01-2007 01:17 PM

Fhippo, clear your PM box.

microbet 08-01-2007 01:18 PM

In before Lacky!

(I thought I already did that - I guess it was the wrong thread or something)

Slim Pickens 08-01-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about 3k+ in repairs on my Civic, one that already has 150k miles on it & is 10 years+ old. I really don't care about a) or c) & they aren't made out of plastic & tin foil. They aren't [censored] cars. I don't care about c) because I have a gf, not because I'm celibate [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also, I'm fine with saving money rather than buying a real nice car right now because I have a lot of loans to payoff and I haven't even started grad school yet...I think spending 30k on a car would be really stupid right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shouldn't rag on the VW too much. They tend to build quality vehicles across the whole cost spectrum. It still looks like you could crumple the fenders on that Lancer with your hands. You're right there's probably no sense in putting 3k into a 10-year-old Civic. I still don't like the idea of taking the new-car depreciation hit on a car you don't want to keep for a long time and isn't worth that much to begin with. A decent three-year-old used car for 17k is going to be worth much closer to 17k in two years than a car that's 17k new. It probably has an equal chance of not being a maintenance hazard than a new car (see "bathtub curve" model commonly used for mechanical component failure). Buying used cars is really easy now with the internets and all.

Slim Pickens 08-01-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slim,

I haven't read the book, and from reviews I probably never will.

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to argue about is the hand ranges, but the way the material has been presented, it isn’t clear to the reader opponents’ hand ranges are a critical parameter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your argument/critical review can focus on opponents hand ranges being a critical parameter, using his examples to show how drastically EV can change with different calling ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not doing that for free. There's also many examples of STTF threads where this is covered very well. It's not even hard to start a new thread and get a decent tutorial by the time it's done.

Ditch Digger 08-01-2007 01:25 PM

I'd splurge for 6-7k more and get a used 2004 BMW. Warranty will run through 2010 and you'll look a lot cooler.

Paul B. 08-01-2007 01:32 PM

TFG, don't you live in FLORIDA? Get a convertible. Or go with Ditch Digger's suggestion and get a used BMW 3-series.

pineapple888 08-01-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girl (face 7, body 8) that I exchange texts with has some trouble with words. Like spells "varies" "very's", "Tuesday" "Teusday", and constantly uses the word "confidentiality" in ways that you can't even imagine. She wants to hang out once she comes back into town, but it hurts my brain to have conversations with her. I'm in a slump and she's fairly hot. Are there any drugs that suppress your desire to hand someone a book and direct them to study hall?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a very widely available drug known as "alcohol" that should do the trick. However, if you overdose on the drug you may suffer "whisky dick" and be unable to reap the benefits of said drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried this alcohol that you speak of, and I just end up getting annoyed, going home, and getting on AIM so I can type "lol you wouldnt believe how stupid this girl is that I could have [censored]. i mean srsly...oh man, i think i messed up..."

I'm not good at finding sex

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried getting her drunk so that you can blame her stupidity on said alcohol? We all do/say stupid [censored] when we're drunk, so if she's drunk you can kinda pretend anything stupid she says or does is a result of being intoxicated.

The other alternative is to strive for the punish [censored] - hit it good and hard with your own needs paramount to punish her for being so [censored] stupid.

Either should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ideas from t.

Bones, this is a critical life skill. Keep working at it until you get it right. The supply of chicks who are smart, and sexy, and not huge btches is just way too small.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shouldn't rag on the VW too much. They tend to build quality vehicles across the whole cost spectrum. It still looks like you could crumple the fenders on that Lancer with your hands. You're right there's probably no sense in putting 3k into a 10-year-old Civic. I still don't like the idea of taking the new-car depreciation hit on a car you don't want to keep for a long time and isn't worth that much to begin with. A decent three-year-old used car for 17k is going to be worth much closer to 17k in two years than a car that's 17k new. It probably has an equal chance of not being a maintenance hazard than a new car (see "bathtub curve" model commonly used for mechanical component failure). Buying used cars is really easy now with the internets and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on keeping the car for a long time so I thought the depreciation may be worth it in that case. I don't think I said anywhere I was only going to have it for 3-4 years. I plan on having it long term, if I wasn't then I wouldn't really care if a used car had a lot of miles on it. FWIW, I started out looking at used cars & everything I really like around this price range is ridiculous mileage wise. In a perfect world I would never buy a new car. If there's a used car at this price range that I am missing let me know.

Ditch, I am considering this. Thanks for the advice. If I do get a nice used car I'm going to have to save quite a bit more and get to the 22-24k range plus the financing obviously goes way up when you buy used which hurts me.

microbet 08-01-2007 01:36 PM

TFG,

Don't be a girl. Get a motorcycle.

pineapple888 08-01-2007 01:38 PM

Slim, your review all sounds fine to me. The analysis part is on target, and it doesn't come across as "dickish" at all IMHO, although I might not be the best judge of that. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG,

Don't be a girl. Get a motorcycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't need the trunk/space then I would. Plus it rains so [censored] much in FL. I will in the future though.

BHokie1 08-01-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd splurge for 6-7k more and get a used 2004 BMW. Warranty will run through 2010 and you'll look a lot cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually TFG this deserves some thought, new cars loose a huge amount of value in the first 2 years. I always tell myself to buy a used car that is 2 years old instead of new and I'll get more for my money, but I never do.

FWIW anyone I've ever known that has had a VW loved it.

pineapple888 08-01-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3-55 is an example of what I think is a really bad logical flaw that shows up in a lot of the example hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim, I think it would help your review if you explained exactly what this "really bad logical flaw" is. You don't have to use his specific hand, maybe construct another one or just explain what the flaw is.

Slim Pickens 08-01-2007 01:49 PM

I got the idea this would be a stopgap car until you could save for a better one. If you're keeping it then new is OK I guess. I still like the idea of a better used car but yeah, you get raped if you finance it versus a new car. Warranty isn't a big deal to me because I'd rather my [censored] not break than have it break all the time and having to get it fixed, even if getting it fixed is free.

Get which ever car has the better recent maintenance/ performance/ pussy magnet reviews, unless this year is a new design. In that case get whichever one you want. I'd take the VW.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG, don't you live in FLORIDA? Get a convertible. Or go with Ditch Digger's suggestion and get a used BMW M3.

[/ QUOTE ]

fluorescenthippo 08-01-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fhippo, clear your PM box.

[/ QUOTE ]

done done done

Paul B. 08-01-2007 02:28 PM

All this car talk makes me wanna buy a car.

rhettoric 08-01-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girl (face 7, body 8) that I exchange texts with has some trouble with words. Like spells "varies" "very's", "Tuesday" "Teusday", and constantly uses the word "confidentiality" in ways that you can't even imagine. She wants to hang out once she comes back into town, but it hurts my brain to have conversations with her. I'm in a slump and she's fairly hot. Are there any drugs that suppress your desire to hand someone a book and direct them to study hall?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is arguably the best or worst situation in the world. I usually just booze up, grit my teeth through dinner, have spectacular angry sex (It's totally uninhibited because I hate them for how ridiculously stupid they are), take off the next morning and never talk to them again. Cruel? yes. Genius? perhaps!

I'm sure karma will catch up and I'll get a phone call that says a condom broke and I now have to deal with one of these rejects of beauty school for life as my child's mother...

Interestingly enough I had the opposite situation too, where I went on a blind date with a girl wasn't special in looks (face 6, body 7), but who was a linguist and incredibly interesting. I had no desire to bone her but I went out with her a few more times because I liked the conversation.

terrellk11 08-01-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is arguably the best or worst situation in the world. I usually just booze up, grit my teeth through dinner, have spectacular angry sex (It's totally uninhibited because I hate them for how ridiculously stupid they are), take off the next morning and never talk to them again. Cruel? yes. Genius? perhaps!

I'm sure karma will catch up and I'll get a phone call that says a condom broke and I now have to deal with one of these rejects of beauty school for life as my child's mother...

Interestingly enough I had the opposite situation too, where I went on a blind date with a girl wasn't special in looks (face 6, body 7), but who was a linguist and incredibly interesting. I had no desire to bone her but I went out with her a few more times because I liked the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said - punish [censored].

And if a chick is really cool and interesting, a 6F/7B combination should be sufficient to make her [censored] worthy.

JuntMonkey 08-01-2007 02:58 PM

bones -

When I first was messaging the girl I went out with on Monday, there were a lot of the same things. Wrong "your", spelling errors, etc. And look where I am now - practically infatuated already with no guarantee of a second date and completely overreacting to relatively minor things and thinking they mean she hates me.

So take it from me - walk away. Use your hatred of her stupidity to push her out of your life forever; it isn't worth the heartache. Even if I wind up marrying my girl and having an extremely fulfilling relationship with beautiful children, it wasn't worth these 3-6 days of turmoil.

cakewalk 08-01-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi sttf, my name is Al and everyone who has posted in this thread is prob my friend. Excepent one dude, who is a total douche, but other than that its all good!

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder

rhettoric 08-01-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if I wind up marrying my girl and having an extremely fulfilling relationship with beautiful children

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap. You need to start listening to some metal.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 03:11 PM

Oh, the irony, I think my AC is dying in my car [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

suzzer99 08-01-2007 03:15 PM

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9105/samcd1.jpg

My friend Sam a week or so after a jaeger bomb night. He's not 100% sure how this happened but he thinks he fell off the porch face first. Or possibly someone kicked his ass. All he knows is he woke up in my buddy's front yard bleeding and somehow drove himself to the hospital, still drunk off his ass.

Yaeger bombs ftw!

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 03:20 PM

Holy jesus..YBs ftl you mean?