Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452966)

BluffTHIS! 07-17-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations For

BTW,

Since this thread shows the tenor of such an hypothetical mudslinging forum, I would suggest that it be a private forum where posters have to be enabled to read or post to it, so that it doesn't get sucked into google. That or use the robot exclusion standard for that part of the forum if possible.

NT! 07-17-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as mudslinging goes, I personally draw the line at mothers and won't retort to that part of your post. You might excel at hating, but you suck in the class department.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's sweet. perhaps you'd like to help iron moderate the new forum?

BluffTHIS! 07-17-2007 07:44 PM

pvn has my vote and backing for mod and will have my back there as well. And by "having my back", I don't mean in the way you take it from your personal life.

mattw 07-17-2007 08:17 PM

bluffthis, josem and others who will join the lemming trail march of hate , please do your algerba homework before posting.

NT! 07-17-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluffthis, josem and others who will join the lemming trail march of hate , please do your algerba homework before posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're starting to warm up, but you've got a long way to go kid

mattw 07-17-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im old enough to be your dad, son.

2/325Falcon 07-17-2007 08:21 PM

OH SNAP!

BluffTHIS! 07-17-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Choose what you want to be made of:

1) Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails

2) Sugar and spice and everything nice

That is, choose whether to be boy or a girl. Oh wait, you've already chosen. Fortunately for you lots of chicks like femme type guys and dislike the manly agrressive types. As long as you don't mind being *her* bitch I guess that's OK.

NT! 07-17-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im old enough to be your dad, son.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least you can say you are a better hater than bluffthis. his ineptitude is staggering.

Josem 07-17-2007 08:24 PM

mattw,

i'm just a follower, so i'll just cut and paste:

good stuff from NT:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff from BluffTHIS!:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BluffTHIS! 07-17-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at least you can say you are a better hater than bluffthis. his ineptitude is staggering.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think and say it's so then then it must be so right?

2/325Falcon 07-17-2007 08:32 PM

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6277/ohsnapiw6.gif

niss 07-17-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, choose whether to be boy or a girl. Oh wait, you've already chosen. Fortunately for you lots of chicks like femme type guys and dislike the manly agrressive types. As long as you don't mind being *her* bitch I guess that's OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're leveling us now. There's no way you know what non-inflatable chicks like.

kkcountry 07-17-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're leveling us now. There's no way you know what non-inflatable chicks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

nath 07-17-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as mudslinging goes, I personally draw the line at mothers and won't retort to that part of your post. You might excel at hating, but you suck in the class department.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No genteel sensitive types allowed!

[/ QUOTE ]

NewTeaBag 07-17-2007 11:16 PM

NT! for the MF super WIN!

That was some high high quality vitriol!

ImsaKidd 07-18-2007 12:18 AM

When can we expect this forum to be up?

*TT* 07-18-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you want to be referee? we could control it by approving posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be making tuq the forum mascot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks...? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me its a compliment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since you wont be made mod of the forum, mascot is the next best option!

Triumph36 07-18-2007 02:08 AM

Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum

tuq,

I think TT has a mancrush on you - watch out.

Josem 07-18-2007 02:15 AM

you assume it is not reciprocated.

Richard Tanner 07-18-2007 03:29 AM

I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody

*TT* 07-18-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

I think TT has a mancrush on you - watch out.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq gives me wood. Ceder to be exact. I'm gonna build me a bookshelf.

Mike Haven 07-18-2007 07:55 AM

Mat has asked me to investigate this idea a little further, but he is serious that it could happen.

First, do we genuinely believe that creating such a forum, (I'll give it the working title of MUHAHA for the purposes of this post), would be to the benefit of Twoplustwo and its readers as a whole? Would it create its own traffic and become somewhere that people would visit every day in addition to their usual forums, after the initial few days of outpourings just because it was there? Don't we already have forums such as ATF, NVG and BBV where we can go occasionally to vent our vitriol? (Just have a quick scroll through some of NT!'s past posts to see an expert in action.)

If we do want to proceed with it, what Rules should be in place? Please post a few possible, say, five-point sticky posts for debate, (remembering that Mason has never wanted an "everything goes" forum). Feel free to volunteer to mod, (or to suggest mods), but realise if you do volunteer, you are likely to receive criticism in the vein of the content of MUHAHA, in this thread.

Of course, we could simply have an O/T MUHAHA thread here in ATF, for the same purpose.

And here's a quick pole for those who couldn't be arsed to write out a response:

tomdemaine 07-18-2007 08:31 AM

We should have a "dids and NT! are unreasonable jerks" forum and everyone who posts in it should be instantly banned for stupidity.

Mr. Now 07-18-2007 08:59 AM

The MUD Forum:

Mudslinging,
Unsubstantiated Accusations,
Denigrating Attacks

NT! 07-18-2007 09:18 AM

people are actually considering this as an idea?

i don't see how it would really be good for anything other than giving a few of us a platform to mercilessly abuse others... and i have one already, so it's all gravy for me.

T-God 07-18-2007 10:55 AM

What we need more of on 2+2 is petty arguments between people who take themselves too seriously.

How could that NOT increase traffic?

Mat Sklansky 07-18-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I think such a forum would work. So many discussions on this site degenerate into a series of personal attacks. Moderators could move that part of the thread to this proposed forum. At that point the participants would either realize how silly they were, or they would have an open forum to continue their emotional spewing.

If this is created, one very important rule will be that all participants are willing. It would not be a forum for people to come and make personal attacks on anyone they choose.

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.

kerowo 07-18-2007 11:55 AM

Does this software (or the next version) support popping up a warning page before going into the forum letting the person know what they are in for in the forum? Like Craigslist does for some of the bluer content?

NewTeaBag 07-18-2007 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.

[/ QUOTE ]

The potential drawback to a system like this is that won't certain posters, deliberately derail threads in other subforums distictly for the purpose of having it shifted to the MUHAHA forum.

EX: I start debating the various benefits of different types of nuclear fuel rod cladding with NT! in OOT or wherever. I am infinitely more knowledgeable on the subject than he is. Thus, knowing he can't win a reasoned debate on the subject, he commences a personal broadside with the express purpose of getting it shifted to the MUHAHA battleground where he now clearly holds the expertise.

Perhaps, instead of not allowing new threads in MUHAHA, one of the restrictions on new threads must be that they reference an already opened battle in another thread somewhere else. Along the lines of what RichardTanner was suggesting.

Another idea is to allow the mods of other forums to offer "warring tribes/posters" the opportunity to end their flames or shift to MUHAHA to continue the battle vice having to use the banstick/thread locker whenever the flames erupt.

Mat Sklansky 07-18-2007 12:25 PM

This proposed forum won't be any bluer or nsfw than some other forums. There will be a sticky explaining its purpose. And if it is created, my hope is it will be a temporary mirror encouraging more civility and die off.

Unfortunately? it will probably be popular.

Mat Sklansky 07-18-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
won't certain posters, deliberately derail threads in other subforums distictly for the purpose of having it shifted to the MUHAHA forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mods won't have to move discussions. They can choose to delete and ban.

*TT* 07-18-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is created, one very important rule will be that all participants are willing. It would not be a forum for people to come and make personal attacks on anyone they choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the #1 rule of fight club, I like it. Without this rule i think this would be a forum experiment turned bad. Because of this rule it cant be called the mudslinging forum because usually fans of mud sling it without mutual agreement.

DannyOcean_ 07-18-2007 12:51 PM

OMG pls make this happen. Just personally, this would increase the amount of time i spent on 2p2.

What do the busto-tards want?

DRAMA

When do we want it?

ALL THE DAMN TIME

Make it happen Matt. It'll clean up the other forums a bit and draw big traffic.

Georgia Avenue 07-18-2007 01:10 PM

Just move everything of this nature to BBV4L plez.

But if you do make this happen don't let NT mod it...he's basically been brain dead since his girlfriend cheated on him cuz he started taking Wellbutrin and gained 20lbs... plus he lost his ability to get erections except when banning kkf gimmick accounts and beating it to the Lazytown girl videos all slathered in heavy buttermilk and pig fat like a greasy hairless irish raw turkey neck.

Best,
--GA

iron81 07-18-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. That kind of garbage is standard in there.

However GA, I don't think you want this kind of thing in B4L. I might be forced to move Politics threads gone wrong and there's some scary stuff there. I don't care because I think B4L is supposed to suck.

DannyOcean_ 07-18-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. That kind of garbage is standard in there.

However GA, I don't think you want this kind of thing in B4L. I might be forced to move Politics threads gone wrong and there's some scary stuff there. I don't care because I think B4L is supposed to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you operate on the correct level, it's like a city of gold.

blutarski 07-18-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But if you do make this happen don't let NT mod it...he's basically been brain dead since his girlfriend cheated on him cuz he started taking Wellbutrin and gained 20lbs... plus he lost his ability to get erections except when banning kkf gimmick accounts and beating it to the Lazytown girl videos all slathered in heavy buttermilk and pig fat like a greasy hairless irish raw turkey neck.

Best,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

-mouth agape-

NT! 07-18-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Best,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

GA,

I heard you would kiss multiple dudes to mod this forum. Confirm/deny?

I just can't muster any more hate than that for you, sorry man.

Josem 07-18-2007 07:33 PM

can mods from other forums move donkey questions from their forums to it too? like, for example, when the 713249057264578692179657821th person asks in the STT forum what an attainable ROI is for the $3.40 SNGs, this would generate great content for this new forum.