Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: Party tries to rob the Brits (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452243)

Flintoff 07-16-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Beat: Party tries to rob the Brits

I have just spoke at length with Party support and, eventually, I got him to admit that it is definitely beneficial to me to cash out in GBP.
I offered him the same scenario where it would cost me $400 to cash out my roll.

Blah blah...not Party's fault...etc etc.

Gelford 07-16-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for people not using eur/gbp as their homeland currency(like me from sweden), can we do anything about this or are we stuck using shtty exchange rates when cashing out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm danish, as far as I can see, the visa cashout go into my account as USD and my bank does the currency conversion ... if that is true, this is all BS (at least for us Scando's)

The same thing when I deposit, Party gets $$ and my bank does the exchanging.

But I could be mistaken.

Christophers 07-16-2007 10:36 AM

Can you change back to USD when you're done?

Flintoff 07-16-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but you have to wait till your cashout has been processed first. And you may also have to ring up support to do it. They aint gonna make this easy!

ikestoys 07-16-2007 10:52 AM

lol @ the haters at the beginning of this thread...

i'll bet a fair amount of money they didn't even realize how hard you were getting screwed

Gullanian 07-16-2007 10:58 AM

Can someone try putting $10 on a table and then take $10 off the table with their account in GBP or euro and tell me if they take 3% every time?

iSTRONG 07-16-2007 11:49 AM

if you change your party account to GBP, what happens when you cashout to a USD neteller?

yli 07-16-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone try putting $10 on a table and then take $10 off the table with their account in GBP or euro and tell me if they take 3% every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

My account is in euros and they convert it with the same rates back and forth, so no, 3% does not go to Party.

I don't know what happens if you play on the same table for very long periods though as the rates change daily.

Dan BRIGHT 07-16-2007 12:07 PM

que doomswitch

Unknown Soldier 07-16-2007 12:08 PM

thanks op

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you want to?

Unknown Soldier 07-16-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's fine, they don't charge for the conversion. I've tried it with GBP. Didn't realise how [censored] the dollar is atm

Flintoff 07-16-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks op

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome.

The only reason to change back to USD that I can see is you get an annoying popup every time you open up a new table telling you about conversion rates.

As I tend to cash out fairly infrequently I plan to convert back to USD for now, and only go through this routine every time I want to cash.

Unknown Soldier 07-16-2007 12:34 PM

im a little worried about the dollar getting even worse too

I don't know anything about markets and currency.

TNUC 07-16-2007 12:40 PM

as i cash out anything over 10 buyins for my current limit 400nl i think i have lost thousands of dollars , so sick

yli 07-16-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks op

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome.

The only reason to change back to USD that I can see is you get an annoying popup every time you open up a new table telling you about conversion rates.

As I tend to cash out fairly infrequently I plan to convert back to USD for now, and only go through this routine every time I want to cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't give those popups anymore for me.

Longy 07-16-2007 02:01 PM

Thanks OP i have been trying to find a way round this, for a couple of days now and here is the answer.

If i kept my account in GBP do i get screwed everytime i put money on the tables compared to when i take it off by partys exchange rate.

For example if i put £50 (approx $100), if i then decide to take if off with still $100 will i get £50 back into my account. Anyone know.

MikalSjekson 07-16-2007 02:12 PM

Does this also work for euro's???

ama0330 07-16-2007 02:53 PM

OKAY so cliffnotes:

"When you want to cash from your Party Account into GBP, convert the account from USD to GBP, then cash out. This way you avoid lots of fees."

Can someone confirm this basic statement, and is there anything else to add to these cliffnotes?

Real Lives 2007 07-16-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OKAY so cliffnotes:

"When you want to cash from your Party Account into GBP, convert the account from USD to GBP, then cash out. This way you avoid lots of fees."

Can someone confirm this basic statement, and is there anything else to add to these cliffnotes?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6789/strokevp8.png

Flintoff 07-16-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OKAY so cliffnotes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this clown please.

Real Lives 2007 07-16-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OKAY so cliffnotes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone ban this clown please.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/926/008ur4.png

Rotterdaum 08-21-2007 12:19 PM

13 732 U.S. dollars = 6 937.45579 British pounds though

Jiganti 08-21-2007 12:24 PM

What the hell is PartyPoker?

Flintoff 08-21-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How strange. It's as if the exchange rate has magically changed in the last month. Somehow...

yli 08-21-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How strange. It's as if the exchange rate has magically changed in the last month. Somehow...

[/ QUOTE ]

unpossible

The Velour Fog 08-21-2007 01:01 PM

uhm, i have kept my currency to $ on party. when i cash out to my visa what exactly happens? i know my swedish bank takes a small fee for converting foreign currency when it reaches my bank account.

whats going on [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]