Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448513)

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-16-2007 04:38 AM

Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

its cool that this software and the flopaset meter pretty confirm that once the money goes all-in, the cards are randomly generted. ive flopped the amount of sets i should, and i am practically even on my all-ins, however this software really doesnt tell you if you are running bad or not, only if you are running bad after the money goes in. it doesnt account for the guy who calls with Q7o and flops a full house.

stevoL 07-16-2007 05:58 AM

^^ yeah exactly...but they're the only real bad-luck stats u can rely on right now...by the way, im lagging behind flopping sets this month! and im -2k behind expectation allin before river, cmon

chris228 07-16-2007 06:06 PM

Is this program just for no limit intressting or also for fixed limit?

Tomcat01 07-19-2007 03:48 AM

hi,

i used PokerEV 0.79 to load all my hands since 1. May.

results:
644all in hands

luck graph sais i only got 69% of my expected value.
hard to believe that this is true.

i didnt see anybody posting "i run like hell and i am up x% over my EV"

are you sure that the programm does the numbers correct?

Spechel EDD 07-19-2007 07:48 AM

is there any way to not have to load a database up each and every time you start up this program? i also want to know why it starts to process hands fine and then comes to practically a standstill around the 60k mark when analyzing.

thanks.

Phil153 07-19-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi,

i used PokerEV 0.79 to load all my hands since 1. May.

results:
644all in hands

luck graph sais i only got 69% of my expected value.
hard to believe that this is true.

i didnt see anybody posting "i run like hell and i am up x% over my EV"

are you sure that the programm does the numbers correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
As sure as you can be. You can check the SB value for each all-in by going to the far right column in the table in the analysis tab. It calculates based on the size of the pot when hero (or another player heads up) goes all in. It should account for all side pots and rake accurately. You can do your own calculations against the hand history to see if the numbers match.

[ QUOTE ]
is there any way to not have to load a database up each and every time you start up this program? i also want to know why it starts to process hands fine and then comes to practically a standstill around the 60k mark when analyzing.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is due to the volume of data that's processed. A database backend will fix the problem, it'll be in the next release.

baronzeus 07-19-2007 11:36 PM

so im lucky at NL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2253/luck2as7.gif

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5610/luck1ao5.gif

?

baronzeus 07-19-2007 11:44 PM

how are sklansky bucks for LHE hands that never reach showdown calculated?

is showdown equity calculated by street by street analysis (ie money put in times equity on that street)

PourTheCoal 07-23-2007 04:22 AM

Just so I'm clear, on the "Luck Graphs" tab, if I pull up the summary box for all hands and my Actual Winnings are $178.05 and my Equity Adjusted is $433.39, my luck has been that bad? I'm only getting 41% of what I should?

If I switch to "Just all ins" my figures are actual=$262.22 and equity adj=$517.56 for just over $50%. Is it really that bad, and if so, do others frequently run like this?

This is over 15K hands BTW

fozzy71 07-23-2007 01:33 PM

I believe your answers are:

Yes
Yes
Yes

But I am no expert. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ski 07-23-2007 01:53 PM

Can someone please e-mail me a copy of this? The website doesn't work for me. Please PM me if ur willing to do this and I'll give you my e-mail.

Thanks a lot.

-Nick

ColdDecker333 07-23-2007 08:07 PM

Support for other big sites coming soon? Ongame, absolute, prima...

Phil153 07-23-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how are sklansky bucks for LHE hands that never reach showdown calculated?

is showdown equity calculated by street by street analysis (ie money put in times equity on that street)

[/ QUOTE ]
Non showdown hands don't have SB calculated at this stage. The NetSB value is calculated on a street by street by street basis, and the "game analysis" graphs use this value. The "luck graphs" tab works on all-in only.

[ QUOTE ]
If I switch to "Just all ins" my figures are actual=$262.22 and equity adj=$517.56 for just over $50%. Is it really that bad, and if so, do others frequently run like this?

This is over 15K hands BTW

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a minority, but an odd unlucky person gets a graph like this. The flip side is baronzeus above who's won three times his expected all in equity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked, Prima and Ongame don't save mucked showdown hands, so the luck results will be kind of useless. I will be adding them though for game analysis. Probably around 3-4 weeks until the next version is out with this added + other stuff.

cnote02 07-24-2007 01:43 AM

does anyone run good with this program?

allyasia 07-24-2007 03:31 AM

i can only load cash games, any way to load tournment?

ski 07-24-2007 04:59 AM

Just looking at the statistics page

% +EV where PIP > 0 mine is 58.7%. If you are at 50% you would make exactly 0 dollars and if u are negative you have lost money right?

I don't understand how to interpret the % +EV where PIP > 0 for Non showdown and overall though?

Does Green vs blue mean anything? My green line was weaving in and out with the blue then droped below it around hand 7000 and tracked it pretty much exactly, just lower after that.

ski 07-24-2007 05:03 AM

hmmm...my green line has been above my read for a total of like 4 days this month.

HesseJam 07-24-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did during the last 3 K hands.

chris228 07-24-2007 03:06 PM

Is this program hust for NL or als for limit players usefull?

Guernica22 07-24-2007 08:42 PM

Does this have to run w/ Pokertracker, will it be able to run w/ holdem manager?

ImsaKidd 07-24-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me

blackize 07-25-2007 01:08 AM

Is the analysis graph designed for tweaking your game?

It seems like I should be trying to match the amount bet with my equity on each street. Is this essentially correct?

Poker_is_Hard 07-25-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It seems like I should be trying to match the amount bet with my equity on each street. Is this essentially correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think you should try and bet as much as possibly will get called when your equity is high.

kinghippo423 07-26-2007 08:11 PM

It's possible to use PokerEV with the PokerTracker 1000 hands demo?????

Phil153 07-26-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this program hust for NL or als for limit players usefull?

[/ QUOTE ]
You won't get useful luck graphs out of it. Everything else works though.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this have to run w/ Pokertracker, will it be able to run w/ holdem manager?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be adding support for other formats after the next release. For now just it's just PokerTracker.

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible to use PokerEV with the PokerTracker 1000 hands demo?????

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Bet" is how much you put in the pot on that street. If you're putting more in than you're making in SB, you're losing money in that spot. The bar graph on the analysis tab is designed to be used in conjunction with the filters to find multi-street leaks. For example, if you filter for flop flush draws and examine your bet vs equity, you may well be losing SB over multiple streets by calling flush draws on the flop - even though you have pot odds each time.

Phil153 07-26-2007 10:13 PM

There is also one calculation that might affect short stackers. When you go all in preflop, and there are others left to act with a lot of money left behind, one player could potentially bet another out of the pot on a later street, skewing the set of opponents hands that see showdown. Thanks to curtains who spotted this. It shouldn't affect full stackers (as so much money will have gone in already), and according to curtains it occurs in around 1 hand in 2000 for shorstackers. I don't know how much this would distort luck results ( I suspect very little, since the effect is rare, fractional, people usually only bet with good hands in protected pots, and the person folding usually has a poor hand that couldn't beat a bettor), but the next version will have an option to exclude these situations from analysis.

kinghippo423 07-26-2007 10:16 PM

When is gonna be the next release approx? I'm PokerOffice user so I can't use it. Will still be free?

Phil153 07-26-2007 10:26 PM

Toward the middle of next month, it's a large upgrade, and you'll be able to use it with PokerOffice. Yes, it'll still be free for 1-2 months yet, longer if I don't get all the features finished.

_dave_ 07-26-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toward the middle of next month, it's a large upgrade, and you'll be able to use it with PokerOffice. Yes, it'll still be free for 1-2 months yet, longer if I don't get all the features finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil this program is nothing short of amazing. Once it caches the startup database read, it will be brilliant. Will happily pay, although I would urge you to consider providing a "graph only" free version once you go commercial.

Ideally, would continue to be free but accept donations - Ideal model for poker helper sofware IMO - but this is kinda different - much more a tracker than an helper app. I would hate to see this rendered troublesome by agressive anti-"piracy" lol / activation checking etc... but already value it greatly and would love to compensate you for your efforts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

stoxtrader 07-27-2007 01:19 AM

I get a memory error anytime I try to load more then 60k or so hands... I assume this is a known bug?

or is there something I can do on my end to allow larger database loads?

Phil153 07-27-2007 01:38 AM

stox,

This is a known bug, it's due to the volume of data that has to be loaded into memory.

The database backend in the next version will fix this, as well as make everything load a lot faster.

dave,

[ QUOTE ]
Ideally, would continue to be free but accept donations - Ideal model for poker helper sofware IMO - but this is kinda different - much more a tracker than an helper app. I would hate to see this rendered troublesome by agressive anti-"piracy" lol / activation checking etc... but already value it greatly and would love to compensate you for your efforts

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm against the idea of pay-only software as well, and I'm going to maintain a free version.

curtains 07-27-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is also one calculation that might affect short stackers. When you go all in preflop, and there are others left to act with a lot of money left behind, one player could potentially bet another out of the pot on a later street, skewing the set of opponents hands that see showdown. Thanks to curtains who spotted this. It shouldn't affect full stackers (as so much money will have gone in already), and according to curtains it occurs in around 1 hand in 2000 for shorstackers. I don't know how much this would distort luck results ( I suspect very little, since the effect is rare, fractional, people usually only bet with good hands in protected pots, and the person folding usually has a poor hand that couldn't beat a bettor), but the next version will have an option to exclude these situations from analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could easily distort results especially if you have a short stack. For instance you get allin preflop with TT against 2 opponents. One of them has AK, one of them has 88. An 8 comes...the player with the 8 eventually bets, and the AK folds. Your equity will be much higher than it should be.

Mainly, if you regularly have a shortish stack, and play a lot, your results will almost certainly say you have been slightly unlucky over the longrun (but maybe only once you get to like 200-500k hands), unless this is adjusted.

If you usually play with a full stack like a normal person, it probably won't matter much.

Phil153 07-27-2007 03:09 AM

When you first mentioned it a couple of days ago I had a look over the hand histories I've got and found no noticable effect (I couldn't even find an example in most samples), but most of mine are for full or near full stacks.

I can see how it could be a big problem for the 20bb type short stackers. Do any short stackers run consistently bad? Imsakidd says above that he runs good/neutral - is that true? and I'm assuming you (curtains) consistently run bad.

Regardless, it's definitely a bug. If it's a noticeable effect I'll try to get a patch out before the next release - it's a bit of work to do as everything is being overhauled right now.

curtains 07-27-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you first mentioned it a couple of days ago I had a look over the hand histories I've got and found no noticable effect (I couldn't even find an example in most samples), but most of mine are for full or near full stacks.

I can see how it could be a big problem for the 20bb type short stackers. Do any short stackers run consistently bad? Imsakidd says above that he runs good/neutral - is that true? and I'm assuming you (curtains) consistently run bad.

Regardless, it's definitely a bug. If it's a noticeable effect I'll try to get a patch out before the next release - it's a bit of work to do as everything is being overhauled right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far in my little experiment I run good. But ok there are definitely a few hands where my Sklansky Bucks should be lower than they are.

Peter 07-27-2007 08:04 AM

How do I fix my luckbox?

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7578/peviy6.jpg

beaster 07-27-2007 10:14 AM

Here's a suggestion.

PokerEV tells me I'm losing a metric [censored] tonne on $ won w/o showdown. I datamine 24/7 and tried to load up some big winners but the only hands that imported were hands that hole cards were known. Now in this case, I could care less about hole cards because all I am interested in is hands won w/o showdown stats. Any chance that hands without hole cards can be loaded too?

Lattakikk 07-27-2007 12:17 PM

Any chance cryto support will be added in the upgrade?

I used pokerEV to calculate my EV for crypto hands before support was removed, and it seem to work fine.

Vinny80 07-27-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance cryto support will be added in the upgrade?

I used pokerEV to calculate my EV for crypto hands before support was removed, and it seem to work fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same request, crypto would be very appreciated...

ImsaKidd 07-27-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imsakidd says above that he runs good/neutral - is that true? and I'm assuming you (curtains) consistently run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last month i was below equity, the 2 before that I was above, and this month I am above as well. Some of it probably has to do with the 3 way AI pots (which i mentioned before), but it can take a while for net run to even out.

When you add the database backend i can run 200k+ hands and see what my net run over that sample is.

Galapogos 07-28-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked, Prima and Ongame don't save mucked showdown hands, so the luck results will be kind of useless. I will be adding them though for game analysis. Probably around 3-4 weeks until the next version is out with this added + other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Phil, not sure if you have found out otherwise since this post but Ongame does show mucked cards in their HHs.