Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200nl: Can I fold a set here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446692)

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:47 PM

Re: 200nl: Can I fold a set here?

[ QUOTE ]
Most players with these stats play very straightforwards and usually only raise the nuts in situations like these imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right, except the thing you have wrong is what you think may be the nuts isn't the same perception as the nuts for them.

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most players with these stats play very straightforwards and usually only raise the nuts in situations like these imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right, except the thing you have wrong is what you think may be the nuts isn't the same perception as the nuts for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok by the nuts I mean sets/straights and occasionally top 2.

dirtytricks 07-09-2007 01:49 PM

Folding this is very bad. You need one hell of a read to do it. Like: He never reraises with a draw and never bluff river if he misses.

Do you have a read like that?

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok by the nuts I mean sets/straights and occasionally top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay ill agree to disagree then.

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:51 PM

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $238.55
BB: $200.00
UTG: $202.40
Hero (MP): $207.55
CO: $80.53
BTN: $365.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $8.00, SB calls $7.00, BB folds

Flop: ($26) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $17.00</font>, BTN calls $17.00, SB folds

Turn: ($60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $47.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $94.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $182.55</font>, BTN calls $88.55

Kinda similar hand I think I could possibly have folded. That might have been burning money though. Villain is a very pretty straightforward 17/13/2.

Redgrape 07-09-2007 01:56 PM

he played that hand like such a donk.

Jay Riall 07-09-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he played that hand like such a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think its fine with a set or a straight tbh.

TIGERsrm 07-09-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding this is very bad. You need one hell of a read to do it. Like: He never reraises with a draw and never bluff river if he misses.

Do you have a read like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no such reads, and I didn't fold although I lean towards folding now (not being results orientated).

Someone mentioned I should shove the turn. Why??? Surely this has a great chance of folding everything I beat and making christmas come early for hands that crush me.
And if he's stupid enough to call a turn shove with 2pair then he's stupid enough to donk off with it on the river.

To those who say AA/KK is in his range, no wayyyyyyyyyy.