Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The UltimateBet Issue (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417072)

Al4as 06-02-2007 12:35 AM

Re: The UltimateBet Issue

Kanhawake is an Idian Reserve in Quebec, Canada...

Different/wierd laws, etc...

Lot of gambling sites are from there

iRock 06-02-2007 01:11 AM

It really isn't a wonder how UB is a company with such good software and such poor market share. Their customer relations have always been abysmal. I had a 35k cashout by them a little while back that just landed in pending until i e mailed them 8 times to cash it out.

I recently also had a screw up with FTP when i tried to cash out 10k by check. They said it would take 25 business days. Two months later I e mailed them. The transfer was "misplaced" and just credited back to my account. Has anyone cashed out by check for FTP recently in the US?

shaniac 06-02-2007 01:29 AM

Haven't read the whole thread, but....

[ QUOTE ]

On top of this, they have refused cashout requests for players and made up excuses such as "those funds originated from a transfer. please transfer them back to the originating account".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a recent policy fwiw. Over a year ago, I remember them refusing to cash out a totally insignificant amount, because I had received a transfer for another small amount earlier that day. It was really, really ridiculous. Something like this: I had, say, 1K in my account to start the day, then got a $200 transfer, and then was denied a $500 withdrawal, because of the (unrelated) transfer I had received that day, and they can't "function as a bank" or whatever. Pure b*llshit, needless to say, and when I talked to some of my friends about it, they told me it was standard with UB. In order to get anything important done, you practically need to pull strings.

UB is also the place where tens of thousands of dollars disappear from people's accounts randomly. That happened to a well-known 2+2 poster/friend of mine, and it was a very significant amount of money that vanished, and he basically had to get in touch with Annie Duke (lol) to get the problem taken care of.

Cliff notes: Yes, UB is shady with cashouts and things related to "money," but I don't think it's anything new.

KingNeo 06-02-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: Yes, UB is shady with cashouts and things related to "money," but I don't think it's anything new.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this knowledge, why would anyone play there?

lapoker17 06-02-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone cashed out by check for FTP recently in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did recently and it was fast - like once it was approved - which took a day or two - i had the check in 3 days - it also cleared no problem.

fatgirl_lover 06-02-2007 03:20 AM

i want to say one more time that UB is sketchy and inconsistent might be the best adjective but have never heard a story where someone actually got ripped off. they randomly had me send identification into them a year ago, did and then it was fine. and also to reiterate i have withdrawn via check and bankwire recently with no problems. just relating my experience, think you guys will be fine.

AJFenix 06-02-2007 03:29 AM

I have never had any problems with UB, and I still have a good amount in there, but I have not messed with it in a while and certainly hope I won't have a problem when I do. It would be nice if we could get a UB rep to view this thread and address concerns, like FTP and stars have done in the past.

Bakes 06-02-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i did recently and it was fast - like once it was approved - which took a day or two - i had the check in 3 days - it also cleared no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. i have never had a problem getting money quickly from ftp or stars, ub on the other hand usually takes about 10 days to process any of my cashouts.

jmxthievez 06-02-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice if we could get a UB rep to view this thread and address concerns, like FTP and stars have done in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great. Is there anyone here that has a relationship with a UB rep and can forward them this thread? Maybe we can get UB Bob or someone in here to help us out and address some concerns.

Jackal69 06-02-2007 06:56 AM

i had a 5 fig cashout subjected to a 'random security review' a couple months back that they said could take 28 days (sounds pretty good compared to some stories here now!), so i wrote them saying this was redic and threatening to post everywhere and contact their higher ups and it went through after about a week.

Then i cashed everything else out piecemeal and stopped playing there...

Ansky 06-02-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a long time, the 10/25 game was infinitely better than any other 10/20 game online, thats why I used to play there primarily. I generally always thought they were rather shady though, so at some point I just told myself to swap out everything and be done w/ the site. I am pretty glad I did leave the site, though my winrate is higher on ub than any other site.

KingNeo 06-03-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a long time, the 10/25 game was infinitely better than any other 10/20 game online, thats why I used to play there primarily. I generally always thought they were rather shady though, so at some point I just told myself to swap out everything and be done w/ the site. I am pretty glad I did leave the site, though my winrate is higher on ub than any other site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both heard and witnessed this, but I never played a hand at UB.

tweed_blazer 06-03-2007 10:15 AM

Ultimatebets software is top notch, but in terms of overall customer service, they are severly lacking in that department. An account I recently created was subjected to a 'random' security check, which happened to coincide with the odd timing of my request for a significant cash out. I provided the necessary information and still, about a week has gone by without any progress on the situation.

As a result of ultimatebets response, and admittedly due to my own stupidity, I lost everything I intended to cash out playing $25/$50 while running on no sleep. Fun stuff.

There really needs to be some sort of consensus between their departments. Either allow intra account transferring and cashouts, or improve procedures so that this is no longer needed. As much as I love the place, unless significant attention is paid to some of their current flaws, I'm going to be eventually forced to move to a site where some sort of consistency is practiced regarding these matters. I hope this never happens.

Superman26gt 06-04-2007 12:26 AM

Hellmuth busto? nah.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

tweed_blazer 06-04-2007 03:53 AM

Is that directed towards me?

If so, I don't get it.

Superman26gt 06-04-2007 03:14 PM

no sorry, I don't follow thread structure correctly

dd323 06-04-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cash out via check from FTP once a month and have always had the same experience as described above (since the last time they switch check processors which was in january i think).

jmxthievez 06-04-2007 06:53 PM

Everyone:

Today I had several already "cleared" cashouts from UB (meaning they were supposedly en route to me in the meial) cancelled without warning or notice. This is what they stated in my Transaction History:

"Please be advised that due to an internal error this withdrawal has been cancelled. (DF TraceID: 1572190, MailCheck)"

I am bitching out support right now, will update later.

clandesteous 06-04-2007 08:03 PM

Recently the UB cashouts have taken a little while, but they do come. I requested $7500 and they sent me 2 separate checks at 2 different times, one totalling $2500, the other $7500. Bank Wire was much faster and efficient, although if you're withdrawing small amounts I probably wouldn't recommend it because of the fees. They say its $50, but my transaction cost $90. My bank took 10 bucks, and a middleman bank took $30.

Although they may take a while, you will eventually get your cashouts.

josh_x 06-05-2007 12:13 AM

I am in the same boat as lots of you. I just got this email:
-----------------------------------------
In regards to your inquiry, Your withdrawal was cancelled and placed back into your Ultimatebet account balance due to a transfer based withdrawal.

Upon verification of your play history, we see that your withdrawal amount was not accumulated from game-play. The funds come from a transfer from another player.

Our site is audited by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, thus we cannot be seen as any kind of banking facility. Please note that the transfer option is in the game to enhance your gaming experience and to provide associated players, who do not have alternative deposit methods, a means of funding their account. The transfer option is not to be used as a means of withdrawing from another players account.

Please transfer the funds back to the original player so it can be withdrawn.

If you have a valid reason for withdrawing the transfer, please advise and I will send your account to a Supervisor for review. if eligible, the exception will be noted on your account so you may withdraw transfers from this player.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
----------------------------------------------

I assume there are others who have gotten a similar email. What have you all done? Is there some excuse with a track record of working? Just play on the account for a few thousand hands and try again? Any advice is appreciated

The.Filth 06-05-2007 05:49 AM

I tried to cash out everything (which was only about 10k) 3 months ago. I haven't received my check(s) yet.

I told them to cancel it so I can cash it out maybe some other way... and it's been 2-3 weeks and they haven't refunded it to my account yet.

What is wrong with the management of UB god.

HP 06-05-2007 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume there are others who have gotten a similar email. What have you all done? Is there some excuse with a track record of working? Just play on the account for a few thousand hands and try again? Any advice is appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]
I replied with the following:

Hello,

So who should I give back this $4000 to?

In other words, in what way could this $4000 be taken out of UB? Or is this $4000 trapped in Ultimate Bet forever? Thanks,

Jim

They replied back with:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for getting back to us. The reason your previous request was cancelled is because your remaining balance would not cover the transfer received once that withdrawal was processed.

In order for the funds to be withdrawn, you must use the funds to play or transfer them back to [edit] for withdrawal.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

Shaharah
Payments Department

I've requested a transfer. We will see if the other account can withdraw the $4k, fingers crossed.

Tempest122 06-05-2007 12:34 PM

I requested a wire transfer and it hit my bank account yesterday 10 days or so after I requested it. Previously checks had taken anywhere from 3-4 weeks.

fsuplayer 06-05-2007 12:39 PM

thats good news then, ty.

HOVADOGG84 06-06-2007 12:11 PM

So the bank wire transfer is the way to go? I wonder how well it works for Canadians? Tempest/FSU, do you guys still feel safe about keeping large amounts of money on UB??

InWithTheBest 06-06-2007 12:40 PM

This thread had me freaking out as I had made two large withdrawls from UB for 22500 and 12500. Last Friday I recieved a check for 2500 and 5000 and was super confused. Lukily by monday I recieved 3 more checks for 5000. It should still be a few more days untill i recieve the second withdrawl It appears this check processor will only send checks for 5k or less and only one check per day. I got paid! Hopefully you guys do too.

HP 06-06-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've requested a transfer. We will see if the other account can withdraw the $4k, fingers crossed.

[/ QUOTE ]
the other account withdrew the $4000 to Neteller no problems

(posting my update for josh_x's benefit)

whitelime 06-06-2007 04:23 PM

cliff notes: I ask for a wire transfer. They say that I must make a deposit first before I can cashout despite extensive play on the account and only wanting to cashout profits. Furthermore, they say that I will be asked to provide verification documents (i have no problem with this), but that I cannot provide them now. I can only send these documents to them once they request for them and I only have 48 hours to do so. (this i really have a problem with...who knows where i'll be once i receive this e-mail f/ ub? also this just sounds like an excuse for them to somehow steal my money). I send a nasty but coherent e-mail back talking about all the problems people have been having with cashouts and asking if it's possible to work this out over the phone, if I can cashout in Aruba, and to be put in touch w/ the cashout department management. They send an e-mail back in broken english that sounds like the person has no idea what they're doing.

Dear Emil,

Thank you for contacting us.

We're sorry, we do not offer a phone service at hits time on the site. All questions and comments
must be made by email only. As for cashing out at the Aruba tournament, we can not say if this
will be possible or not to do. Players usually can cashout out the winnings from that tournament
there, but not winning that have already been made on the site. All winning from the site must be
cashed out online. You may ask if you may cashout while there, but at this time, we do not know if
this will be possible .

Please let us know if we may assist you in any other way.

Thank you
Shawn
Accounts Department

--Original Message--
Date: 06/06/07
To: support@ultimatebet.com
Subject: RE:Large Money Cashout Options [#5375805]

Hi,

I have no problem with this policy. However, I have
heard horror stories about cashouts from UltimateBet
from numerous poker players. Things such as incorrect
amounts being debited from poker accounts, to checks
arriving in improper amounts, checks never arriving,
numerous e-mails pertaining to cashouts which go
unanswered, etc. I am well-known and well-respected
in the online poker community. I am a guest pro on
www.cardrunners.com. I would like to link you to a
couple of online poker community sites which refer to
these cashout problems players are having with your
site:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...cfm?forumid=29

I have no problem with providing identification
information that verifies my identity to any extent
necessary. However, given the absolute unreliability
of ultimatebet customer support, especially pertaining
to cashouts, I would prefer to speak to someone on the
phone about this. My phone number is ().
If that is not possible, I plan to play the Aruba
tournament in 2007 and I would like to cashout in
person there. I can bring any documentation you need
that verifies my identity as well as my physical self
(obviously). Either cash, or a bank wire transfer is
acceptable to me.

Please also forward this e-mail to the cashout
management department.

Get back to me as soon as possible.

- Emil

--- support@ultimatebet.com wrote:

>
> Dear Emil,
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Please note the following from the user agreement:
>
> Excerpt from SECTION 11: CASHOUTS:
> http://ultimatebet.com/about-ub/user-agreement.html
>
> "Requests equal or greater than $3000 will be
> required to submit a valid form of identification
> along with a physical/billing address."
>
> You will need to send the documentation when a
> member of the Payouts Security Department requests
> it. It can not be sent before hand. You will have 48
> hours to send this information after it has been
> requested. You will be provided, by email,
> instructions as how to send it to us.
>
> Please be advised that due to recent changes to our
> security procedures, Customers are no longer
> eligible to request a withdrawal without making a
> successful deposit. We realize these changes do pose
> an inconvenience for our loyal players however; they
> have been implemented in efforts to minimize the
> potential for fraudulent activity as well as to
> confirm and identify customers’ financial
> information and facilitate the withdrawal process.
>
> Our records show that you do not currently have a
> recent deposit on file.
>
> Please log onto your account and select “deposit”
> from the “cashier/my account” tab for your list of
> available deposit options. After making the deposit,
> you will need to wait 48 hours before you are able
> to make a withdrawal request.
>
> Here is the information that you need to input when
> you submit a bank wire withdrawal request into the
> UB system:
>
> Bank Name:
> Bank Address:
> Bank account beneficiary:
> Bank account Number:
> Routing number:
> US: 9 digits ABA number
> International: SWIFT code
> Europe: IBAN# + SWIFT code
> Canada: 5 digit transit# + 3 digit financial
> institution#
>
> After the request has been processed, the withdrawal
> will be directly deposited in to your bank account,
> and should arrive within 5-7 business days after
> completion by our staff.
>
> Do not hesitate to contact us if you require further
> assistance or additional information.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Randy
> Ultimate Bet ~ Payments Department
> "Where virtually everyone plays poker"
>
> Ensure the security of your account! Never give out
> your password and change it frequently!
>
> --Original Message--
> From:
> Date: 06/05/07
> To: support@ultimatebet.com
> Subject: Large Money Cashout Options[]
>
> Hi,
>
> I have $70,000+ in my account and would like to
> perform a wire transfer to my bank account. Please
> promptly set this up for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Emil

hoppscot22 06-06-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute has done something similar to me. I recently tried to withdraw my entire account which i had worked up from an initial transfer. They refuse to let me make ANY withdrawals until i first make a cash deposit!

[/ QUOTE ]

same thing happened to me, i deposited 50 dollars very easily and pretty much everything has been good since, ive actually thought AP has been pretty good...

Equal 06-06-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just tried a bank wire withdrawal last week. I got a phone call from someone at UB a couple days ago, saying it was processed and will be in my account on either Friday (today) or Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Received the full 20k amount on Tuesday. Consider me a satisfied customer.

Equal 06-06-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the bank wire transfer is the way to go? I wonder how well it works for Canadians? Tempest/FSU, do you guys still feel safe about keeping large amounts of money on UB??

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did my first one and once I sent in my ID verification doc's it came promptly.

Jeffmet3 06-07-2007 12:28 AM

According to support, the key is you need 1 deposit. It can be $50, but you need to deposit once before you can withdraw. That seems to solve the whole transfer problem

deadcat3x 06-09-2007 12:53 AM

i had 2k just sitting in ub before xmas so i withdrew all most all of it for a bit of free cash and a couple of weeks later i went to log into my acc. and ub had changed my password and refused to give me a temp until i sent copies of my credit card, utilities bill and my license i asked them why and they told me it was an i.d. check i refused coz in the past my credit card company rang me to say someone tried to withdraw without permission and they traced it to ub so i told ub this and to f themselves and havent played there since their customer service is crap this company is so crooked, good luck with this all

fsuplayer 06-09-2007 11:44 AM

seems like all is pretty much well then in the ub world.

im going to unsticky this, people can bump if needed.

J_V 06-12-2007 01:13 PM

Looking for Ultimatebet money

I am looking for Ultimatebet money for anyone that wants to get rid of some that way. If you aren't high profile and/or don't have a lot of posts, I will not trade with you, so save the PM.

JV

Lj. 06-13-2007 02:03 PM

I made a bankwire deposit to UB on 5/29/07. At the same time I made a bankwire deposit to another site aswell. The deposit went through on the other site on 6/4/07.

However, the UB bankwire deposit has still yet to go through, despite not being in my bank account since 5/29/07.

I received an email from UB on 6/6/07 saying that it should be in my UB account on 6/7/07. However, it is still not in the account.

Since then i've prob sent about 12 emails regarding this matter and not a single one has been returned.

pretty sketchy overall.

fleece_me 06-18-2007 04:45 AM

Did Sam ever get paid. This thread is funny because there are a bunch of people that got smallish w/d's processed telling Sam what a great site it is and that all is well. Then we have FSUplayer acting like things couldn't be better. Strange thread but I am assuming Sam hasn't been paid and unless you are friends with Russ or Annie or Phil, I would be worried sick about these people owing me 6 figures.

Easy to be brave about someone else's 6 figure cashout. How anyone can claim these people act ethically is really beyond me. They lie in their emails about Kahnawake auditing their financial transactions and god knows what else they have and will lie about.

AngrySunbear 06-20-2007 07:49 PM

All-

I never received a direct response to the letter I wrote.

However, this week I initiated a wire transfer from UB to my bank account and received a letter asking for further documentation. Although i have cashed out numerous times by check/neteller, this is the first time they have requested any additional info. I sent them a cable bill with correct address, a copy of my DL, and a credit card.

3 days later i received this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to send your documentation. Your account
has been verified and fully restored. Please note that your recent
withdrawal request in the amount of XXXX via Bank Wire has been
approved and submitted.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation while your account was
under review.

Have a great day,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Best regards,

Shaharah
Ultimate Bet ~ Security Department
"Where virtually everyone plays poker"

Ultimate Bet does not take responsibility for any agreements made
between players at the tables. Keep your login information and funds secure.

-----------------------------------------

Ill let you know when I get the wire.

Andykay 06-20-2007 09:01 PM

I'm not a high roller in the slightest, but I thought this might help some people out. I got a call today from a guy from UB, offering me some special stuff that is apparently specific to Australian players. He was confirming my email or something to mail me the details (which sounded a little suspect). Anyway when he did email me, this caught my eye:

George Clinton

Ultimatebet ~ VIP Host

His email was: george.clinton@ultimatebet.com

Hope that helps anyone with money still trapped in limbo.

-Andy

cameronw01 06-21-2007 08:55 AM

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4752/clintontm0.jpg