Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL Music Thread (n/c) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414709)

Snipe 05-29-2007 02:56 PM

Re: SSNL Music Thread (n/c)

[ QUOTE ]
Just dloaded some Dead Prez, pretty wicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check out 'The Rub' remixes - they have an ill DP Hip Hop remix along with some Nas, Three 6, Mobb Deep, etc. decent stuff for the most part with a couple bangers.

Tickner 05-29-2007 02:57 PM

some days I cant listen to music while playing poker at all because it distracts me, and some days I need music or it distracts me. Im wierd.

But I like to listen to rap usually, metal sometimes, and the occasional slower type song such as:

Evanesence - My Immoratal (Band Version)

Worm75 05-29-2007 03:00 PM

Pretty much all Hip-Hop, Jay-Z, TI, some old school stuff from Biggie n Pac, and some old Dre and Snoop. Every once an a while though I will throw in a lil Killers or the Bravery to mix things up.

kolotoure 05-29-2007 03:02 PM

I have been listening to a lot of the juice crew again

blah99 05-29-2007 03:02 PM

wolfmother

willw9 05-29-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just dloaded some Dead Prez, pretty wicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check out 'The Rub' remixes - they have an ill DP Hip Hop remix along with some Nas, Three 6, Mobb Deep, etc. decent stuff for the most part with a couple bangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just googled it, songs look unreal. Can I get it on [censored] though?

4_2_it 05-29-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so funny....i have no idea who 95% of the bands/artists are in this thread. heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fall into this category as well.

Here's what I have been listening to lately on my iPod:

Dinosaur Jr - Beyond
Velvet Revolver
RHCP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Californication (Stadium has its moments, but has too much filler IMO---though RHCP filler >>>> a lot of what else is out there)
Oysterhead
The Police Box Set (Getting geared up for the reunion tour)
Sublime Box Set
George Harrison - Brainwashed (This album has new meaning when you realize that he knew he was dying as he was recording it)
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death, Powerslave
Minuteman - Double Nickels on the Dime

willw9 05-29-2007 03:06 PM

Duuuude The Rub: The [censored] Remix, Volume 2.1, and then Volume 2.2 are making me drool. Tell me how to get them now!

BGnight 05-29-2007 03:08 PM

I heard sublime waaaaaaaaaaaay too much in the early 2000's. I can honestly say I can't stand them now because of that.

Hey 42it, did oysterhead ever make a second album???

Margin Of Error 05-29-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roots are pretty sick, forgot to mention them..

Also, AZ like doesn't have that much stuff out. He's pretty sick though. Also, Consequence and Kanye are the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

get all of these songs, AZ has a ton of [censored].

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5953/azpn0.th.jpg

ComputerMaster 05-29-2007 03:17 PM

<-- greatest musician!

4_2_it 05-29-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey 42it, did oysterhead ever make a second album???

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I still listen to it when I hit traffic on the way home from work. It seems to possess a calming effect.......

Jigsaws 05-29-2007 03:18 PM

Any of you use last.fm? I'm at http://www.last.fm/user/jlgijsbers/, if any of you use it, you can add me if you like.

I doubt many will know the bands I'm about to name, but these are some of the bands/artists I've been listening to:

Suicidal Birds
Battles
Soccer Committee
Whip
Songs: Ohia/The Magnolia Electric Co.
Anna Ternheim
Machinefabriek
Ratatat
Matt Elliott
Amon Tobin

and, as always, Sonic Youth.

willw9 05-29-2007 03:20 PM

How many song files can you fit in an email?

Sorcerer808 05-29-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of Weather Report and Michael Brecker, though 90% of you wont know who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never really interested myself into Weather Report, do you like shorter's other stuff, with Davis per exemple? And as for Brecker, what albums of him do you have? I didn't think that guy was into funk or w/e. I have the album of him where he plays with Tyner and Metheny (cant remember the title offhand)

I've seen Shorter and Tyner last summer at Montreal's Jazz Fest. Shorter's music was so weird hehe.

kolotoure 05-29-2007 03:25 PM

ABC's first album was flawless IMO but they kind of sucked after that

tufat23 05-29-2007 03:26 PM

listening to

tali
norahjones
jedi mind tricks
foreign beggars
joss stone
cypress hill
jack johnson
lily allen

ComputerMaster 05-29-2007 03:27 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s4q3p_o8A6g

zaephyr 05-29-2007 03:28 PM

I was tiltmonkey before i noticed that if im listening to Pink Floyd i am tilting less or not at all.

wrschultz 05-29-2007 03:29 PM

Yeah I definitely like the other Wayne Shorter stuff. His solo albums are really good too. If you're interested, check out "High Life." I'm a huge Jaco Pastorius fan and I like his solo stuff more than what he did with Weather Report actually.

Brecker isn't exactly into funk, but he does a lot of weird arrangements and rythms that are pretty sweet if you're into funk. A few of his albums have weird synths and stuff too. My favorite Brecker album is actually his most recent, "Wide Angles." Lots of really crazy rythms and sounds. Also check out "Two Blocks From the Edge."

Lately I've also been listening to a lot of Mingus and Kenny Garret also. Nice to see another jazz (and pot) fan here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tufat23 05-29-2007 03:32 PM

pure gold:

http://rapidshare.com/files/21553768..._Questions.Mp3

Sorcerer808 05-29-2007 03:36 PM

Hehe, I listen to a lot of Mingus, it's been a long time thought, I def gotta find my Ah Um CD ! I only have Jaco's classic "Jaco Pastorius", what other albums of him do you recommend? I don't know why I never looked him up beside that.

I remember listening to Heavy Weather by Weather Report once in a music store and didn't really liked it heh. It was a long time ago thought, I wasn't in love with Wayne Shorter yet. I might look that up again.

the machine 05-29-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of Weather Report and Michael Brecker, though 90% of you wont know who they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

birland ftw

willw9 05-29-2007 03:38 PM

Maaaan it feels good to be at alltime bankroll high though.

tufat23 05-29-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maaaan it feels good to be at alltime bankroll high though.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong thread.

willw9 05-29-2007 03:41 PM

Haha, thought I was in cheese!

toohigh 05-29-2007 03:42 PM

Cool thread.

My taste in music has been getting more and more weird by the day. I used to only listen to hip-hop & a little R&B, but now I'm listening to very different genres.

My friends have been making fun of me for listening to some of this stuff, but I find it to be very relaxing and puts me in a positive mood.

Here's my current playlist:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5...laylistcq0.jpg

Sickboy 05-29-2007 03:44 PM

Fav

The Ankle Shank Brothers(hardcore rap)

wrschultz 05-29-2007 03:49 PM

Jaco only recorded a couple solo albums I think. I basically listen to the selt titled album about 10 times a week and it never gets old. On one album "The Birthday Concert" jaco plays the song "The Chicken." I love that song...

Sorcerer808 05-29-2007 03:50 PM

Yea that's what I thought, I think that his self titled album is his only "official" since he died so brutally.

Sickboy 05-29-2007 03:52 PM

On a serious note:

Dire Straights
AC/DC
CCR
Doors
Jeffersen Airplane
That Jackson Brown song Forrest Gump runs to
Billie Jean(MJ)
and
some Killers..mainly Smile Like you Mean It and the remixed Mr. Brightside.

wrschultz 05-29-2007 03:52 PM

Jaco died on September 11, 1987.
I was born on September 12, 1987.

Reincarnation?

EMc 05-29-2007 03:55 PM

I have a wide range of tastes too.

I'm a really big fan of Nine Inch Nails, Weezer and Pearl Jam, in that order. If I had to recommend some of their stuff to people that havent listened to it, just to listen, Id go with The Downward Spirial by NIN, Pinkerton by Weezer, and Ten by PearlJam. Most of the catalog of these bands is good.

Im a alt rock guy at heart, so I like me some Audioslave, Rage, A perfect circle, tool, smashing pumpkins, beck and the beasties. All make great music IMO.

For rap, I have a pretty big place in my heart for it too. I think Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z is my favorite, and College Dropout by Kanye is second. Im also into 2pac, Biggie, Nas, The Game (I wasnt huge on the Doctors Advocate), T.I., Wu Tang, Dre and Eminem.

To make AJ happy, I also have a large classic rock catalog, with some Bruce, GnR, Meatloaf, Floyd, Zepp, pretty much any good classic rock song i have.

When I am playing, well, thats a different story and depends on mood. I find I play my best when Im listening to soft, top 40 stuff. I cant stand it but it helps keep me concentrated and off tilt, and aggro.

AndyP 05-29-2007 03:59 PM

I listen to Coast to Coast AM and other talk shows when playing.. very good combo

Sorcerer808 05-29-2007 04:03 PM

Haha, I was born on september 17, 1987. Could as well be me (paper works take more than 1 day up there IMO.)

Mossberg 05-29-2007 04:12 PM

My most listened to album of the past year is Jimi Hendrix - Blues. The last :30 seconds of "Electric Church Red House" is sososo amazing. I was always into hiphop, but Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn have just changed me forever.

As far as rap goes, I've been listening to lots of old Jay-z lately. The whole Reasonable Doubt album is just so classic. A couple other old tracks like Imaginary Player and In My Lifetime have been getting play too.

I've also been listening to alot of old UGK. Check out "Wood Wheel" and "One Day".

Older Outkast never gets old to me. In particular, ATLiens is just such an awesome summer album.

Hmm, a couple other random tracks on my current playlist:

Mos Def - travellin' man
Mos Def - Ms. Fat Booty
Blackstar - Respiration (remix)
BB King and Eric Clapton - Three O'Clock Blues
2pac - Krazy
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter

and when I'm working out, it's all about Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire.

Sorcerer808 05-29-2007 04:23 PM

I watched a SRV show once where he dissed Hendrix. That's enough for me to boycott lol.

He went something like, "why would I want to be a pop star like Hendrix, when I can do THIS" and start something wack...

My fav Hendrix album right now is either South Satern Delta or First Rays, prolly the latter. It was Bold as Love for a really long time but you know, ppl grow up lol

Did you ever listen to Cream? The band with Clapton. That band has to be in my top 5 rock bands of all time that's for sure!

Jay Riall 05-29-2007 04:29 PM

I've only heard 2 Cream songs - 'White Room' and 'Sunshine of your mind', both of which are awesome. Their other songs just as good?

KeanuReaver 05-29-2007 04:44 PM

modest mouse is probably my favorite poker music with trip hop in second (blue foundation and hooverphonic leading the way here)

msi is great but not really poker music

redCashion 05-29-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you use last.fm? I'm at http://www.last.fm/user/jlgijsbers/, if any of you use it, you can add me if you like.

I doubt many will know the bands I'm about to name, but these are some of the bands/artists I've been listening to:

Suicidal Birds
Battles
Soccer Committee
Whip
Songs: Ohia/The Magnolia Electric Co.
Anna Ternheim
Machinefabriek
Ratatat
Matt Elliott
Amon Tobin

and, as always, Sonic Youth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about half of those, I'll be seeing Battles and Sonic Youth at the Pitchfork Festival next month (woot). Btw, Jason Molina of Songs:Ohia is cool, I talked with him for awhile about Scout Niblett after a recent solo show of his.