Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   lol kyro has a.....tumor? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388896)

SkillaySkill 04-26-2007 07:01 PM

Re: lol kyro has a.....tumor?

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

kyro 04-26-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll be fine. Look on the bright side. The fingers in the ass is the most action you've gotten in months [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said I wanted him to call me in the morning, that's not what I meant. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

.Alex. 04-26-2007 08:21 PM

Good luck man.

JaredL 04-26-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'll be fine. Look on the bright side. The fingers in the ass is the most action you've gotten in months [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said I wanted him to call me in the morning, that's not what I meant. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the bright side if you ask him for his number and he says no, you can just ask the receptionist.

aaronk56 04-26-2007 09:09 PM

GL Hope it works out fine.

lastchance 04-26-2007 09:10 PM

Good luck.

antidan444 04-26-2007 10:56 PM

Kyro,

You'll be in my prayers. Good luck. Get healthy and kick some WW ass.

Dan

Neil S 04-26-2007 10:59 PM

I know you hate me or something, Kirk, so I really had a hard time coming up with what to say here. I also know whatever anybody says can only be a fig leaf against what you're dealing with here. But not offering anything just doesn't seem right, so here goes.

I've been through serious medical problems twice. It's amazing how well things can turn out. Stay in the moment and you can get through it.

kyro 04-26-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also know whatever anybody says can only be a fig leaf against what you're dealing with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people might see me as an attention whore. I can understand that. The 'kyro has a date' thread is evidence of that.

You'd be surprised how much these comments mean to me. I appreciate all the well-wishes, including yours.

I'm going to bed and will be giving them more pee to play with tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what I find out as soon as I can.

Jack Bando 04-26-2007 11:20 PM

Hope everything goes okay Kyro. As someone who's had a dozen surgeries, I know what going through medical stuff's like, it's usually not as bad as you think, good luck.

chim17 04-27-2007 01:53 AM

Kyro please don't die.

kyro 04-27-2007 02:14 PM

KM called the doctor today because they were being dumb and sending me to the wrong office and whatnot. He told her that although the test is 90% accurate, he truly believes that it was a false positive, because everything else about the sample looked fine. I'm still nervous, and I'll have to wait until mid-next week to know more, but it's a little more comforting than before.

sighing 04-27-2007 02:22 PM

Just read this thread.. Good luck, and listen to the doctor when he says it's probably a false positive.

Iron_Yuppie 04-27-2007 02:53 PM

Yeah, the doctor wouldn't say it was probably a false positive unless he was almost sure it was a false positive, so that's good news.

As for the pain in your stomach, it's probably just an alien.

KyrosMother 04-27-2007 03:50 PM

Yes, KM is about as stressed out as any one person can be right now and got a little pissed off today.

It was bad enough that they told my 22-year old son over the phone that he tested positive for a tumor (while I was still trying to get home from Virginia), but then today we find out they sent him for another sample...but neglected to tell them they were not in that office today and by the time he got to where they were...it was too late.

Anyway, I must have scared them enough, because the doctor answered all my questions without kyro signing the infamous "yes, you can talk to my parents" form.

I will let kyro share with you whatever information he is comfortable sharing, but I just wanted to say we both greatly appreciate <u>everyone's</u> words of support. Sometimes they mean the most from the people you have argued with the most. I think one of the greatest things about POG is that despite the arguments or harsh words that may occur, everyone here truly cares about each other.

Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

VoraciousReader 04-27-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the doctor wouldn't say it was probably a false positive unless he was almost sure it was a false positive, so that's good news.

As for the pain in your stomach, it's probably just an alien.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think kyro has to worry about an alien.

Any self-respecting alien would find himself in kyro's skinny torso and go look for a pad with more elbow room.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So glad you are likely to be ok. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

JaredL 04-28-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KM called the doctor today because they were being dumb and sending me to the wrong office and whatnot. He told her that although the test is 90% accurate, he truly believes that it was a false positive, because everything else about the sample looked fine. I'm still nervous, and I'll have to wait until mid-next week to know more, but it's a little more comforting than before.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Bayes' theorem.

Based on what I've googled on kidney cancers, they are quite rare in males and extremely rare in people under 50. Say they occur for 1 person our age in 1000 (it's probably more rare than that but given that you have some sort of kidney problem this might be reasonable to assume for you) and the test gives true positive 90% of the time, true negative 90%, and 10% each of false positive or negative.

The probability that you are positive for it given the test is (1/1000)(.9)/((1/1000)*.9 + (999/1000)*.1)) = 0.00893. So assuming the 1 in 1000 and that by the test being 90% accurate the doctor meant the true positive and negative rates, there is more than a 99% chance that it was a false negative. Even if you made it much more likely that you had it without the test, say 1 in 100 instead of 1 in 1000 (which is probably incredibly high), there would be over a 91% chance of it being a false negative.

matrix 04-28-2007 08:49 AM

Kyro not played with/talked with etc you much.

but all the best with this Kidney stuff.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

kyro 04-28-2007 11:34 AM

Yeah, I understand Bayes' Theorem.

Hell, I better, I plan on being a [censored] actuary. Wouldn't that be embarrassing.

aaronk56 04-28-2007 11:52 AM

Man, I never pictured you as an actuary, [censored] or otherwise.

fnord_too 04-28-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hell, I better, I plan on being a [censored] actuary. Wouldn't that be embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister at VA Tech is switching from math to stat and is thinking about becoming an actuary.

The questions doctors were asked in the study I was talking about was something like: There is a disease that affects 1 in 1000 people. There is a test with a false positive rate of 10%. A randomly tested person comes back positive, what is the chance they have the disease.

Something like 80% of the surveyed doctors said there was a 90% chance the person had the disease. YIKES!

clowntable 04-28-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sister at VA Tech is switching from math to stat and is thinking about becoming an actuary.

The questions doctors were asked in the study I was talking about was something like: There is a disease that affects 1 in 1000 people. There is a test with a false positive rate of 10%. A randomly tested person comes back positive, what is the chance they have the disease.

Something like 80% of the surveyed doctors said there was a 90% chance the person had the disease. YIKES!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the exact same example is in "The Mathematics of Poker" which is a truely amazing book.

I hope it was just a false positive, good luck kyro [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

nuggetz87 04-28-2007 09:57 PM

hopefully it's nothing, good luck.

LordPumpkin 04-28-2007 09:58 PM

The pumpkin lord is disheartened at this news and will spend one night action pumpkining kyro in an attempt to help

Neil S 04-28-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pumpkin lord is disheartened at this news and will spend one night action pumpkining kyro in an attempt to help

[/ QUOTE ]Shoudln't you pumpkin someone in whose last thread, Kyro was the third poster?

LordPumpkin 04-28-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Shoudln't you pumpkin someone in whose last thread, Kyro was the third poster?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Pumpkin Lord is infuriated
The Pumpkin Lord has learned to execrcise greater control of his powers. Not only are his targets not random, but the results will be what the Pumpkin Lord WILLS.

The Pumpkin Lord may will you to die for such an underestimation of The Pumpkin Lord.

kyro 04-30-2007 03:34 PM

Had an ultrasound today. Will find out results of that and other tests done on my pee by Wednesday.

So for now I twiddle my thumbs.

antidan444 04-30-2007 03:34 PM

Good luck Kyro.

FCBLComish 04-30-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had an ultrasound today. Will find out results of that and other tests done on my pee by Wednesday.

So for now I twiddle my thumbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck. I hope everything will turn out ok for you.

JaredL 04-30-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had an ultrasound today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it's a boy. It's probably too early to tell at this point though.

kyro 04-30-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had an ultrasound today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it's a boy. It's probably too early to tell at this point though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Haven't you been reading the date thread? I haven't been getting any sex.

wdcbooks 04-30-2007 10:16 PM

I think he planted an embryo in your ass. Should we pass the cigars?

LuckayLuck 04-30-2007 10:35 PM

if I was female, I wouldn't date kyro

I'm just saying

kyro 04-30-2007 10:42 PM

wrong thread fucknut

LuckayLuck 04-30-2007 10:56 PM

if I was a tumor, I wouldn't infect kyro

I'm just saying

antidan444 05-01-2007 12:15 AM

I hope you get some good news on your birthday, Kyro.

Happy Birthday.

kyro 05-01-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you get some good news on your birthday, Kyro.

Happy Birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, a deathwish on my birthday would kinda suck, huh?

TIEdup14 05-01-2007 03:32 AM

gl

happy birthday

lastchance 05-01-2007 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gl

happy birthday

[/ QUOTE ]
qft.

FCBLComish 05-01-2007 07:49 AM