Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The official PAYTRU thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388031)

kickabuck 05-13-2007 08:43 AM

Re: The official PAYTRU thread

[ QUOTE ]
how long is it taking people to get the cards these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got mine in exactly one week. A couple weeks less than Paytru says it may take if I remember correctly.

soah 05-13-2007 10:48 AM

I have to fax them a copy of my driver's license and social security card in order to sign up. wtf?

cbloom 05-13-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to fax them a copy of my driver's license and social security card in order to sign up. wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not normal, you must be red-flagged for some reason.

Fishy McDonk 05-13-2007 02:29 PM

Just so no-one else has to hunt around for this:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2...trufeesce4.jpg

So . . . . 4% load fee . . . .

Thanks, Republicans, for replacing the low cost and no cost alternatives with BS such as this!

Guthrie 05-13-2007 02:38 PM

Does the IRS accept Paytru for tax payments?

billxo1b 05-13-2007 02:49 PM

the website seems to be very amateurish.

hhughes 05-13-2007 03:56 PM

I used my PayTru for the first time earlier this morning.

Registered my existing Mastercard debit card for my bank account at the PayTru website, and then proceeded to load my PayTru card with the $600 for the PS 10Bhand promo...

Went to PS and then transfered the $600 into my account...All worked smoothly and took about 30 minutes.

FWIW

wonderwes 05-13-2007 05:08 PM

On deposits to card:
Ex: ($500 * .04) +.50 = $20.50 fee.

The price for speed and instant ATM withdrawl.

pshady 05-13-2007 05:18 PM

so if i withdraw $500 from pokerstars to my paytru card i have to pay $20.5 fees? i thought it was free

kickabuck 05-13-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if i withdraw $500 from pokerstars to my paytru card i have to pay $20.5 fees? i thought it was free

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon guy, stated twice in this thread already that you are not charged from Stars to Paytru.

pshady 05-13-2007 07:40 PM

ah, yes, i read the guys thread above me wrong, this only applies when u load via paytrus site

Markusgc 05-14-2007 07:13 PM

A variation of this was asked above, but not answered...

Anyone know if you can load Pay-Tru with a Pre-Paid/Gift Visa or MasterCard?

(I know I could probably just use a pre-paid cc to fund my Stars acct. and withdraw, but I have my reasons for not wanting to do that.)

billxo1b 05-14-2007 10:05 PM

try to order a card, but I keep getting
[ QUOTE ]

Were very sorry!

payTru card ordering is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again later.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

malo 05-15-2007 12:25 AM

That's what happened to me. You have to sign up from the Stars Cashier.

Click on "Buy Chips". On the deposit page, at the bottom, you should see a banner for PayTru. Over on the left, above the deposit button, click on the "get your free prepaid Visa". It will bring up a box to fill out with your info. Mine was already completed, except for SSN and security question.

Hope that helps....

lunapark 05-15-2007 12:55 AM

only for americans?

frostbrn 05-15-2007 05:40 AM

Does anyone know if you can cashout from Stars to your PayTru card without first having made a deposit from it?

ridonkulous 05-15-2007 07:18 AM

yes, you can

King Kong 05-15-2007 08:19 AM

My bank is no longer allowing transactions. I last loaded in march with no problem, now paytru says they are denying my efforts. I'm done jumping thru hoops. Can only hope the gift2go cards still work.

adamw005 05-16-2007 02:47 PM

I tried cashing out today with my PayTru Card and the option is no longer there. Is anyone else having this problem?

Ron Burgundy 05-16-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried cashing out today with my PayTru Card and the option is no longer there. Is anyone else having this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cashed out through PayTru yesterday. Where does it say it's no longer an option?

adamw005 05-16-2007 04:49 PM

In the PokerStars Client, I open the Cash Out screen and the only option is Check.
I just cashed out a few days ago using PayTru.

Ron Burgundy 05-16-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the PokerStars Client, I open the Cash Out screen and the only option is Check.
I just cashed out a few days ago using PayTru.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I cashed out, it sent the amount of my deposit back to the card, then the rest by check.

frostbrn 05-16-2007 05:05 PM

I just cashed out last night to my PayTru card, having never previously made a deposit using it. Also, funds showed up in my account this morning, so less than 12 hours between cashout time and when I saw them in my PayTru account.

Edit: I just went to see if this was true about not being able to cashout to PayTru anymore, so I click cashout just a minute ago, and I now see I can only do it via check. WTF Stars? It is there last night and works fine, but not this morning?

adamw005 05-16-2007 05:09 PM

If you go to 'Cash Out' in Poker Stars is it still an option for everyone?

ridonkulous 05-16-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not an option for me.

WTF

LesJ 05-16-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not an option for me.

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked and it is no longer an option for me. Has anyone asked for clarification from PS yet on this? I will fire off an email right now and will let you all know what I find out.

Les

adamw005 05-16-2007 05:45 PM

I emailed a few hours ago, but have not heard back. Will keep you all posted.

ridonkulous 05-16-2007 05:49 PM

I emailed them,
They replied wanting a screen shot, so hopefully it's just a glitch.

LesJ 05-16-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them,
They replied wanting a screen shot, so hopefully it's just a glitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Les,

Thank you for your email.

At this moment our card processor is down. Please try again in 60 minutes
and let us know if the problem persist.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Dimitri
PokerStars Support Team

TheProdigy 05-16-2007 06:32 PM

Mine is still there..

adamw005 05-16-2007 06:33 PM

Mine's back.

ridonkulous 05-16-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

LesJ 05-16-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mine's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great news. Despite the email response from PS, I was still concerned. The option is back for me as well.

Les

Jayy 05-16-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ran into an odd problem with PayTru. I tried to make an online purchase for a little over three hundred dollars, only a fraction of the amount on my PT card. The transaction was declined. I was puzzled but thought maybe some merchants just don't take it. Then the nightmare ...

I logged into my PT account and saw that the amount had been debited. I called the merchant (BTW extremely trustworthy), explained the situation, and asked why my payment had not been reflected. They stated that no payment had been received. The knowledgeable rep also explained that when payments don't complete, the "batch" is returned to the visa issuer and accounts are normally credited within 24 hours.

Still trying to get it resolved with PT, so be careful when using it for anything other than ATM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing has happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

TL;DR crowd: Make purchase at newegg, declined. Still charged though. Multiple e-mails with newegg, no good. Pricegrabber review = money.

This also happened with me on newegg.com. I tried to purchase something for around 70 dollars or so on their website with the card, ends up being declined because it was issued by an international bank and newegg doesn't accept them.

Next day I log on my card and find that I was still debited for that exact amount by newegg even though it was declined. I instantly started up the live chat through Newegg's website, CS rep told me to fax the debit card statement then after it goes through he assures me that the funds are just on hold and that American banks usually release the hold after 3-5 business days but he isn't sure of foreign banks and nothing can be done on their end at this point because they have no records of any charge. I call up Paytru, obviously clueless CS rep doesn't really even know what it means to have funds be put on hold but assures me that the newegg charge has already gone though and that money is no longer in my account. I'm thinking great, this is money that I'm never getting back.

2 weeks later I still am not debited back this money. I shot off a few e-mails with neweggs customer service but in the end it was the same situation with them saying that I should talk to my bank about this issue because it's out of their hands as they clearly show records of no charge to my card, even though I explain in every way possible that I was indeed charged.

Complicated situation.. so I posted a pricegrabber review and chalked that up to money being lost and make a mental note to not use international debit cards with merchants that don't accept them.. I didn't know newegg didn't accept international debit cards at the time but I didn't put much thought into PayTru being issued by an overseas bank.

After the last e-mail with newegg, I put up the pricegrabber review stating everything here hoping to get the attention of someone higher up at newegg that could help me out with the situation. Within days after putting up the review I got an e-mail from another CS that apologized basically for how I was treated and, after reviewing my situation, had refunded my money to a debit card I previously used (local bank), and gave me $30 store credit on my next purchase.

I guess it depends on the merchant believing your story or not about PayTru if you get a refund for those that are in the same boat. Newegg is pretty good with customer service but the representatives that I exchanged e-mails with were horrible. The refund plus store credit was a huge relief and very satisfying to get resolved.

BiggieFats 05-16-2007 08:34 PM

Is the consensus here that the one sure place to use the card with minimal hassle is at an ATM?

ridonkulous 05-16-2007 08:34 PM

The same thing happened to me Jayy

After 30 or 31 days the money went unclaimed and returned to my paytru account. At least that is how it worked on my end.

BiggieFats 05-18-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the consensus here that the one sure place to use the card with minimal hassle is at an ATM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump

kickabuck 05-19-2007 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it exclusively at an ATM without problems, I don't make a consensus fer sure, but haven't heard any horror stories about ATM usage. What is it you are wanting to hear?

TreyWilly 05-19-2007 08:12 PM

Anybody get another card in the mail for no reason? I received one today, about a month after getting my first one. I forgot to check the numbers to see if it's the same account (I'm at work).

Strange.

epiphanot 05-19-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody get another card in the mail for no reason? I received one today, about a month after getting my first one. I forgot to check the numbers to see if it's the same account (I'm at work).

Strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got two with the same number, about a week apart [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]