Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Playoffs Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382513)

kidcolin 04-19-2007 08:44 PM

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

East:
DET over ORL in 5
CLE over WAS in 4
TOR over NJN in 6 (I'm going back and forth on this one).
CHI over MIA in 7

DET over CHI in 5
TOR over CLE in 6

DET over TOR in 6

West:
DAL over GSW in 6
PHX over LAL in 5
SAS over DEN in 5
HOU over UTA in 7

DAL over HOU in 6
SAS over PHX in 7

DAL over SAS in 7

Finals:
DAL over DET in 5

Jetto 04-19-2007 09:14 PM

I have SA> DET in 6 in this years finals

Green Kool Aid 04-19-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have SA> DET in 6 in this years finals

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge714 04-19-2007 09:44 PM

Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting very, very tired of the media's love affair with the Heat. I know, they luckboxed a championship last year. But have the 5th best record in the East this year! Wade is hurt, Shaq is old, everyone else blows . They are 18th in Hollinger rank, and that sounds about right. Unless the refs decide to give Wade another ring they are out in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think J Williams is one of the more underreated players of this generation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assani you have finally flipped me. I know think you are an elaborate troll as opposed to an idiot.

KanMan 04-19-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Golden State won't win that series in a million years. I watched Golden State struggle at times with Portland's JV squad last night in a game that meant everything to them.

I don't understand the delusion. ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it either. There really is a false sense of what really happened. The Clippers handed them the playoff spot (losing 7 of their last 10) while GS benefited from some nice timing. Just look at their games in April, I will run them off in reverse order:

Portland- 22 pt. win. The Blazers played like they had their car engines running in the parking lot last night. Did anyone watch the NOK/LAC game, the Hornets played till the last whistle, tough break clip show--though it didn't matter.

Dallas- 29 pt win. This was over at the tip-off. They faced D-leaguers and guys on the bench that have been setting season highs in minutes the last week and a half. Another win handed to them.

Minnesota- 13 pt win. This should be self-explanatory. Dallas, beat them w/ that D-league lineup by 18 so you understand how bad this team is, it is not out of the question that they have either packed it in for the lottery or just tanking it. This is actually one of their closer scores as of late.

Sacramento- 17 pt win. Sac boys are so up and down. They played one good quarter in this game and the rest was just flat out ugly. Sacramento didn't show up. They had just had a back to back with the spurs and a day off then GS whereas GS had had UTA at home and then 3 days off. Either way it wouldn't matter, Sac sucks.

Utah- 24 pt. win. Utah lost 5 of its next 6 games after wrapping up its division. This was one of those games. Another game where GS's opponent had less want to win than them. Another gift. Obviously judging by the score (and the other scores).

SA- 13 pt loss. A real game. SA is still playing for something, the second seed and they controlled every part of the game. This should make Avery's loins sweaty and warm b/c this is the game plan he will want to use.

Memphis- 12 pt. win. No need to talk about this. Memphis is terrible.

Houston- 11 pt. win. See, some of these wins look real good on paper but then when you look into it you see--McGrady 6 minutes 0 points etc. etc. Ahh an injured TMac changes everything. More that goes right for them.

That was their month of April. Do some of you think they are winning by an avg of 18 points a game b/c they are the best team in the league, I mean even the Suns didn't have stretches like that?

I will say that their small lineup, ability to get down the court, and their quickness will cause some problems for anyone. But do we all remember a few years ago when we all hated the Mavericks and picked them to win 60 games and get swept in the first round? Why was that? It was b/c Nellie's run up and down the court and play little D doesn't win postseason games.

[/ QUOTE ]

On March 4th, the GSDubs lost a 1-point heartbreaker to Washington and their record stood at 26-35. Our own coach aknowledged that the playoffs were out of the question.

The next night, Baron Davis came back in a road game against Detroit and for the first extended time all season, the Warriors had everyone healthy (Baron was injured and missed 20 previous games and JRich was injured and missed the first half of the season). Don Nelson shortened the rotation and defined the player's rolls. The 8 integral players in the rotation were: Boom Dizzle, JRich, SJax, Al Harrington, Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus, and Barnes. Granted, we got lucky in April to play a bunch of tanking teams. But that was not the case from March 5th to the end of the month, when we went 8-4 against some very good teams that were still playing hard. Without playing well in March, we would've never had a chance for that push in April:

@Detroit- 18 pt win. BDiddy's return pays off immediately.

Denver- 14 pt. win. This team had been killing us all year.

LAC- 10 pt. win.

@Port- 19 pt. loss. WTF LOL!? oh, I should mention, B.Diddy didn't play this game because of stiffness in his knee.

Dallas- 17 pt. win. I thought the Mavs had something to prove this game TDarko?

Minnesota- 20pt. win. Dont think Minnessota was tanking yet.

@Seattle- 1 pt. win. Baron with the game winner with 1.5 seconds left.

@Utah- 4 pt. loss. Outplayed and outhustled on the road.

Wash- 7 pt. win.

@LAL- 2 pt. loss. Al Harrington missed a 3 at the buzzer. We got swept by LAL this year.

SA- 37 pt. loss. We suck vs San Antonio, nuff said.

Pho- 5 pt. win. We were up by 23 points going into the 4th quarter before the Sun's subs got them back in the game.

The Warriors have nothing to lose in the first round vs. tha Mavs and will come out firing. If going 9-1 down the stretch and winning by an average of 18 isn't a big enough confidence boost, how about winning 5 straight vs the Mavs and employing the ex-head coach who built the now #1 seed up from the dirt.

Billy Bibbit 04-19-2007 09:58 PM

After watching last year's finals I promised myself I would never pick the Mavs to win a title until they did it. So...

1st round

Mavs
Rockets
Spurs
Suns
Pistons
Heat
Nets
Cavs

2nd round

Mavs
Suns (I have no clue who wins this but I think winner wins it all)
Pistons
Cavs

3rd round
Suns
Pistons

Champs - Suns

[ QUOTE ]
Flashy white point guards are definitely prone to being seriously underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I hadn't heard anything positive said about Jason Williams in at least 4 years until I raid this thread. Not that I think much of him either.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting very, very tired of the media's love affair with the Heat. I know, they luckboxed a championship last year. But have the 5th best record in the East this year! Wade is hurt, Shaq is old, everyone else blows . They are 18th in Hollinger rank, and that sounds about right. Unless the refs decide to give Wade another ring they are out in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think J Williams is one of the more underreated players of this generation.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....yeah right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. He got labeled as an "all the talent in the world but would rather make great highlights than the consistent play." He then left Sacramento and went to Memphis. In Memphis, something amazing happened: HE LED THE LEAGUE IN ASSIST TO TURNOVER RATIO! Looking back now, that might not seem so surprising. But if you told anyone that during his Kings days they would've laughed at you. Hes really developed into a consistent player that truly sets up his teamates well.

Let me put it to you this way: When he played in Sacramento I heard tons of people say things like "If he could ever settle down and play under control, he'd be unstoppable." Well he settled down, led the league in assist to turnover ratio, won a championship(as a starter), and everyone just ignored him....always seemed kinda unfair to me. Its like he had so much talent but had to sacrifice the flashiness for the good of the team, he made that sacrifice, and then got no credit for it.

Edited to add: The season leading the league in assist to turnover ratio was in 2002-03 when he averaged 8.3 assists and 2.2 turnovers. That 3.77 ratio was by far better than any ratio that Kidd or Nash have ever had in one season.

A few weeks ago in a separate thread we got on the topic of why the Heat were struggling this year and whether or not it had more to do with the injury to Wade or Shaq. I looked up the stats and found:

Without both : 1-6
Without Wade: 11-4
Without Shaq: 18-15
With both: 7-6

That seemed rather strange and inconclusive to me. I mean, are they really better with just one of their superstars than both? Then I looked up the stats with Jason Williams and found:

Without Jason Williams: 10-14
With Jason Williams: 27-17

That seemed pretty overwhelming to me.

Note: That post was made on March 24 and the records are only accurate up until that date.

Edited to add again: On every team hes been on, hes brought the team to greater heights than before he arrived.

-Before he got to Sacramento, they were horrible and hadn't been to the playoffs in years. They made the playoffs every year he was there and become a legit contender.

-Before he got to Memphis they had NEVER been to the playoffs. But he led them to medium playoff seeds(4/5) in two straight years.

-Before Miami, they were a decent team. They obviously won a title with him.

NOW I REALIZE THAT ALL OF THOSE TEAMS HAD A LOT OF OTHER PIECES THAT ALSO CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR SUCCESS. I am, in no way, attributing it all to JW. However, I'm just pointing out that he does seem to help teams win.

Pudge714 04-19-2007 11:22 PM

Assani,
You are using the same arguments for J-Will that you are for another PG who shall remain nameless who I will not allow to hijack another decent basketball thread. You are creating conclusions based on small samples and ignoring a lot of other exterior effects.
The Kings teams got better because in J-Will's first year they added Webber, Divac and Stojakovic (eventhough he didn't play much those first couple years). That Kings team also improved the year he left, mainly because Bibby>J-will and that improvement was small I think it was 4 wins.

Those Memphis teams were bad teams for two years and than improved because of other players like Gasol, Battier, Bonzi, etc.
Your assertion that White Chocolate led them to two playoff seeds is wrong he was another cog in the machine. J-Will didn't lead them anymore than Battier led them to the playoffs.
Edit: Yes beat JoA.

Jack of Arcades 04-19-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few weeks ago in a separate thread we got on the topic of why the Heat were struggling this year and whether or not it had more to do with the injury to Wade or Shaq. I looked up the stats and found:

Without both : 1-6
Without Wade: 11-4
Without Shaq: 18-15
With both: 7-6

That seemed rather strange and inconclusive to me. I mean, are they really better with just one of their superstars than both? Then I looked up the stats with Jason Williams and found:

Without Jason Williams: 10-14
With Jason Williams: 27-17

That seemed pretty overwhelming to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Updated record: 33-26 with, 11-12 without.

So one set doesn't make any sense to you, so you look at another set that says something just as silly and you accept it?

[ QUOTE ]
-Before he got to Sacramento, they were horrible and hadn't been to the playoffs in years. They made the playoffs every year he was there and become a legit contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

The year he arrived so did Peja, Webber, and Divac. Also, their two best seasons happened to year after he left.

[ QUOTE ]
-Before he got to Memphis they had NEVER been to the playoffs. But he led them to medium playoff seeds(4/5) in two straight years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even as you say you "realize" other people had a hand in this, you still say he "led" them. Yet it wasn't until his 3rd year that they went to the playoffs. And the year after he left the exact same thing happened as two years before: they won 49 games and then got swept in the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]
-Before Miami, they were a decent team. They obviously won a title with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before he got to Miami they won 59 games and went to game 7 of the conference finals.

andyfox 04-19-2007 11:28 PM

I'll take the Suns over the Spurs. I don't think this edition of the Spurs can beat a good team in a seven game series.

Assani Fisher 04-20-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Updated record: 33-26 with, 11-12 without.

So one set doesn't make any sense to you, so you look at another set that says something just as silly and you accept it?

[/ QUOTE ] The second set doesn't say something "just as silly." The first set suggests that they are actually better missing one of their starters...clearly that is wrong(or else the coaching staff is doing something wrong by starting that player). Clearly the Heat are not better without Shaq or Wade. When I looked at that, I concluded that there must be another factor at work. Thats what led me to the JWill stat.

[ QUOTE ]
The year he arrived so did Peja, Webber, and Divac. Also, their two best seasons happened to year after he left.

[/ QUOTE ] I already admitted this.

[ QUOTE ]
Even as you say you "realize" other people had a hand in this, you still say he "led" them. Yet it wasn't until his 3rd year that they went to the playoffs. And the year after he left the exact same thing happened as two years before: they won 49 games and then got swept in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes the PG, which is the floor general. I use "led" just as I would use "led" with any QB in football. I think you're looking into things too much.

[ QUOTE ]
Before he got to Miami they won 59 games and went to game 7 of the conference finals.

[/ QUOTE ] I know.

Basically I don't get what you guys are arguing. Someone said that other than Wade and Shaq "everyone else on the Heat blows." I disagreed with that and said that he was underrating JWill and that I think many people do. I'm not saying that JWill is a superstar by any means. I'm just saying that hes underrated- he does not "blow." Hes a solid starter in the league, he makes his teamates better, he doesn't turn over the ball, hes actually turned into a pretty good defender which is surprising, and hes a veteran. I'm not sure why the hate for him.

bottomset 04-20-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP for assani

Assani Fisher 04-20-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP for assani

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what SOP is, but I honestly believe that most of you are smarter than this. Seriously, I don't mean that in an insulting way- I really do think highly of the intelligence here. But I can't believe that I actually have to spell this out for you all.......

If you look at one set of circumstances and arrive at a conclusion(the Heat are better with either Shaq or Wade hurt than they are with them both healthy) that you're 99% is bogus, then it might be a good idea to look at uncontrolled variables.

I did this, and I saw that Jason Williams also missed a lot of games this year, so perhaps he played in some of these games in which one of them were hurt and missed others, thus messing up those stats. I looked up his stats and arrived at the conclusion that the Heat were better with Williams than without him. Now to me, that is a reasonable conclusion.

Pudge714 04-20-2007 12:57 AM

Assani,
There is a difference between saying White Chocolate doesn't blow and that he is one of the most underrated players of his generation.

The information you cited is lacking some more information, which I am too lazy too look up.
How often did Shaq and Wade and others play when J-will was healthy?
How often did Shaq and Wade and others play when J-will was injured?
What opponents did they play?
Where they at home or on the road?
What were the scores of those games?

You never even acknowledged that the Kings improvement was mainly due to Webber, Divac and Peja.
I get the floor general analogy but a QB>PG.
You said that before he arrived Miami was a "decent" team a 59 win team that loses in the ECF because their best player got injured is >>>>>>>>>> decent.

Degenerasian 04-20-2007 01:04 AM

I have no hate for J-Will, I'm just saying that a PG who is a sub-par defender and who generally can't hit his jumpshots has no right to be called one of the most underrated players of our generation. But that's just me.

FlyWf 04-20-2007 01:05 AM

Stanard Operating Procedure. And the lesson to be learned from 7 and and 15 and 20 game samples is that small samples don't matter, not that Jason Williams is secretly the key player on Miami. Of course the Heat are better with Williams than without him, that's true of almost every player.

And this [censored] about AST/TO ratio is just terrible. You're using the typical sportswriter logic of deciding on your opinion beforehand and then digging up stats that support it afterwards. When I said Terrell Brandon was as good as Steve Nash, you immediately threw out Brandon's FG% as evidence that he wasn't any good. Yet now you're trumpeting the merits of a player whose has shot below 40% for his career. That year he lead the league in AST/TO ratio he shot.388 from the field!

Assani Fisher 04-20-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,
There is a difference between saying White Chocolate doesn't blow and that he is one of the most underrated players of his generation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair point....maybe its just because I've come across a lot of people that seem to think he completely sucks lately that I'm pushing his cause so much right now. Honestly I just don't get the hate for this guy though. IMO he is the third cog behing Wade and Shaq. I think he has as much pure talent as anyone in the league, and I admire how his game has involved. I'll admit: I'm being a bit of a homer here, as I'm a fan of his. But I do think hes a very good player that would be a starter on many teams.

Its funny...hes one of those guys that I think was overrated at first, then people reacted to that, and then when he improved he never got the credit he deserved. Ironic, I guess.

Jack of Arcades 04-20-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The second set doesn't say something "just as silly." The first set suggests that they are actually better missing one of their starters...clearly that is wrong(or else the coaching staff is doing something wrong by starting that player). Clearly the Heat are not better without Shaq or Wade. When I looked at that, I concluded that there must be another factor at work. Thats what led me to the JWill stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second stat suggests that Jason Williams is the most important player on the Heat, wouldn't you say?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I already admitted this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you saying "he does seem to help teams win"? In this way you are linking the turnaround of Sacramento, Memphis, and Heat ("turnaround" used tenuously) as points for Jason Williams.

[ QUOTE ]
Hes the PG, which is the floor general. I use "led" just as I would use "led" with any QB in football. I think you're looking into things too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Smush Parker "led" the Lakers to the #7 seed in the playoffs? Because that statement is as absurd as Jason Williams "leading" Memphis to the 4 and 5 seeds.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, no one's hating him. If you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Hes a solid starter in the league, he makes his teamates better, he doesn't turn over the ball, hes actually turned into a pretty good defender which is surprising, and hes a veteran.

[/ QUOTE ]

There would be no problem, because everything you said here it's true.

However, you feel the need to use ridiculous logic that overstates your case. Your points were:

1. Heat w/Jason Williams: 27-17; Heat w/o Jason Williams: 10-14
2. Sacramento before Jason Williams sucked, Sacramento after Jason Williams made the playoffs.
3. Memphis before Jason Williams sucked. When he got there, he "led" them to two straight playoff appearances.
4. Heat before Jason Williams "decent." Heat after Jason Williams = Championship.

No matter how you couch the language around these points, they point to Jason Williams being a very good player. Furthermore, the language you use is misleading. Heat were "decent," Williams "led," etc.

All you had to say was "Jason Williams is pretty solid, he's 11/5 in 30 minutes this season and he's a decent 3-point threat." Instead you built a ridiculous case assembled on faulty logic and deceptive language.

Assani Fisher 04-20-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dude, no one's hating him. If you said:

[ QUOTE ]
Hes a solid starter in the league, he makes his teamates better, he doesn't turn over the ball, hes actually turned into a pretty good defender which is surprising, and hes a veteran.

[/ QUOTE ]

There would be no problem, because everything you said here it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats all I really was trying to say. I think that means that hes underrated since nearly everything I've been hearing lately is about how much he sucks.

I think you're looking too much into my points...I was never using those points to say that hes a great player. For example, I totally admitted that he wasn't the ONLY(or even the MAIN) reason for those teams' turnarounds. I was just using those to show that hes a solid good player.

Anyway, I think you and I are pretty much in agreement. Sorry if I was unclear and sparked an argument.

teamdonkey 04-20-2007 01:45 AM

Assani,

JWill is a horrible defensive liability, and doesn't exactly have Steve Nash type offense to make up for it. At best he's remarkably average.

Predictions!!

Detroit in 4
Cleveland in 5
Chicago in 7
Nets in 6 - Toronto has come to far too fast, they're overachieving now and it will catch up with them. NJ is the exact opposite.

Detroit over Chicago in 7.
Nets over Cleveland in 6 - No player in history could carry this Cavs team on its back very far. Lebron is unreal, but can only do so much.

Detroit over Nets in 5 - the real conference finals happen a round early in the East this year.

Mavs in 4 - they've been hearing for about a month how well a far, far worse Warriors team matches up with them. I think Avery WANTED Golden State in the first round. Good luck fellas... you're gonna need it.
Spurs, Suns in 4 or 5.
Rockets in 7 - great series that could go either way but in the end it means nothing, as the "winner" gets the chance to be humiliated by the Mavs on a national stage.

Mavs over Rockets in 5
Suns over Spurs in 7 - this and the Suns/Mavs series will be the most rediculously awesome things ever seen on television. Home team wins both series IMO.

Mavs over Suns in 7.

Finals: Mavs over Pistons in 6.

Huh? 04-20-2007 02:29 AM

EAST
If the Heat can get past Chi then the go to the Finals

WEST
Suns barely get by Spurs in 7 then run hot against Dallas and beat them in 5.

Suns over Miami...if Miami loses to Chi then Suns over Det.

Degenerasian 04-20-2007 02:35 AM

LOL I just saw a replay of the Vince Carter-Mo Peterson slapfest. Mo's reaction is priceless when he gets T'd up. At first I was pissed but then I realized it was actually funny.

BobboFitos 04-20-2007 03:46 AM

Assani, Good post. (about jwill) GKA and I agree with this, we think he's severely underrated.

Artdogg 04-20-2007 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. Detroit has the most complete team but Flip sucks and he will get outcoached again if he goes against Riley. So if Wade is healthy enough to get past the Bulls I think they get all the way back to get raped in the finals. Basically the east sucks.

Green Kool Aid 04-20-2007 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are using the same arguments for J-Will that you are for another PG who shall remain nameless who I will not allow to hijack another decent basketball thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllll i love the way this was phrased.

not gonna get in argument, just gonna say that j-will is a really nice vet PG for the playoffs.

tdarko 04-20-2007 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On March 4th, the GSDubs lost a 1-point heartbreaker to Washington and their record stood at 26-35. Our own coach aknowledged that the playoffs were out of the question.

The next night, Baron Davis came back in a road game against Detroit and for the first extended time all season, the Warriors had everyone healthy (Baron was injured and missed 20 previous games and JRich was injured and missed the first half of the season). Don Nelson shortened the rotation and defined the player's rolls. The 8 integral players in the rotation were: Boom Dizzle, JRich, SJax, Al Harrington, Biedrins, Monta, Pietrus, and Barnes. Granted, we got lucky in April to play a bunch of tanking teams. But that was not the case from March 5th to the end of the month, when we went 8-4 against some very good teams that were still playing hard. Without playing well in March, we would've never had a chance for that push in

[/ QUOTE ]

First, you obviously don't know Don Nelson very well. It is funny you mentioned that March 4th quote b/c yesterday Avery was talking about how him and Popovich were laughing that everyone bought into Nellie's same ol' mind games that he always pulls and that he has been playing ALL his career. Nellie always does this, feigns weakness when he knows what is really going on. He had a depleted team, he said that quote knowing he was playing w/o Baron Davis and Steven Jackson--integral parts to his team. But wait when these guys come back it shocks everybody, are we all really that stupid?

[ QUOTE ]
April:

@Detroit- 18 pt win. BDiddy's return pays off immediately.

Great win. You need great wins to get into the playoffs, it doesn't mean your team can do anything in the playoffs that is why there is the reg season and then the postseason. Look through the schedule and see how many marginal teams beat great teams this year to prove my point, Bucks over Spurs, Atl over Pho, Pistons have a ton--especially being in the East, Bucks, Bocbacts twice, Blazers, Knicks, Hawks and I was just counting the really bad teams, I believe they lost to the T-Wolves too. This is all just from memory but you can go through the schedule and see that great teams don't win EVERY game they are supposed to or then why would we play them?

Denver- 14 pt. win. This team had been killing us all year.

Since I have a man-crush on AI I will always concede that beating him is a good win but if you think about this realistically beating this team at this point in the year had a lot to do with what team came to the arena. They were one of the most up and down teams in the league for about a month or so (a lot of down) and they weren't a .500 team when you played this game.

LAC- 10 pt. win.

meh, you're a better team

@Port- 19 pt. loss. WTF LOL!? oh, I should mention, B.Diddy didn't play this game because of stiffness in his knee.

Took a night off to get ready for Dallas. Dallas beat the snot out of the Lakers this night b/c they don't take any nights off and set the NBA record for the best record on the back end of a back to back.

Dallas- 17 pt. win. I thought the Mavs had something to prove this game TDarko?

What do they have to prove? They are the best team in the league and had 17 game win streak going into this game, they are going to lose eventually. I actually made a post in the NBA thread saying that this month was going to be tough for them, the LAL/GS road back to back is extremely difficult, then they were to play 8 out of their next 10 on the road. Dallas was clearly out of gas and got their butts kicked, if you watch any of the Dallas games you could see that it wasn't the same team, no energy, nothing. You won't be facing that team in the playoffs which is what I think you're thinking.

Minnesota- 20pt. win. Dont think Minnessota was tanking yet.

Dude, Minnesota is and has been terrible all year. The only difference is that they were terrible at this point but trying b/c they had one player that was good on the court instead of 0.

@Seattle- 1 pt. win. Baron with the game winner with 1.5 seconds left.

Umm, cool. Good game. Seattle is terrible but that doesn't mean much like we mentioned earlier even bad teams beat good teams which GS obviously is. Oh and Baron is sick.

@Utah- 4 pt. loss. Outplayed and outhustled on the road.

Not a bad loss actually

Wash- 7 pt. win.

Wash fits your pace and I think GS is a much more athletic and finer tuned version of what Wash wishes they could do. You should win this game every time, you should really take advantage of the east every chance you can...I don't see this as a big win.

@LAL- 2 pt. loss. Al Harrington missed a 3 at the buzzer. We got swept by LAL this year.

Bad loss

SA- 37 pt. loss. We suck vs San Antonio, nuff said.

Dallas' template is built around beating SA, the only difference between Dallas and SA is Dallas is slightly more comfortable picking up the pace and SA is slightly more comfortable slowing it down but both are comfortable doing either if that makes sense. This is a big reason why I am not as worried about GS, if Dallas can use the entire shot clock like SA does every time they play GS then they will be golden--this eliminates the full court game from missed shots. You know Avery is talking to them about dictating pace, they just have to do it.

Pho- 5 pt. win. We were up by 23 points going into the 4th quarter before the Sun's subs got them back in the game.

Another run & gun game that GS has a chance in b/c they can stick around (though they were up big and it was Pho that stuck around). Good win

[ QUOTE ]
The Warriors have nothing to lose in the first round vs. tha Mavs and will come out firing. If going 9-1 down the stretch and winning by an average of 18 isn't a big enough confidence boost, how about winning 5 straight vs the Mavs and employing the ex-head coach who built the now #1 seed up from the dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas showed how worried they were of GS when they handed them a win and an 8th seed in the playoffs the second to last game of the year. You talk about confidence boosts, well this isn't HS...and in professional sports confidence boosts only last so long until reality sets in and that reality is who is actually better. If a team won 9 of its last 10 games by an average of 18 points and played paper weights this will show when it faces monsters, they can have all the hoorah rah hype they want but talent beats ego every time.

Also, in my predictions you should see what I think of GS as I predicted them to take the series to 6 games against my most beloved team in all of sports. So I do think they are very good. I think they are playing more like a 4 or 5 seed...and they would be a 4 or 5 seed if they would have been healthy all year.

Huh? 04-20-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. Detroit has the most complete team but Flip sucks and he will get outcoached again if he goes against Riley. So if Wade is healthy enough to get past the Bulls I think they get all the way back to get raped in the finals. Basically the east sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is I don't think they will make it past Bulls
The team is just to fed up with injuries etc..Posey,Dwade(which is the killer),Gary Payton...

FlyWf 04-20-2007 07:50 PM

ESPN is asking all their experts assorted questions about the playoffs. First round upset, championship dark horse, etc.

One is "Breakout star"

Jim O'Brien picks Chris Bosh. That's kind of silly, he's widely regarded as a star among basketball fans, but he does play in Toronto so maybe casual fans don't know about him.

Scoop Jackson picks LEBRON JAMES. Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

Also, only Hollinger picked the Bulls over the Heat. What the [censored] do the Bulls have to do to get respect? Apparently winning 49 games wasn't enough.

4thstreetpete 04-20-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoop Jackson picks LEBRON JAMES. Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Artdogg 04-20-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

common knowledge

MacGuyV 04-20-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scoop Jackson, you're the stupidest person in the entire world.

[/ QUOTE ]

common knowledge

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone seen Scoop & Assani in the same room?

TruFloridaGator 04-20-2007 10:25 PM

Go Magic (aka Go Miracle!)

Pudge714 04-20-2007 10:28 PM

Scoop is retarded.
But Skip Bayless?

TruFloridaGator 04-20-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scoop is retarded.
But Skip Bayless?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skip wins hands down.

FlyWf 04-20-2007 10:43 PM

It's close, but on a "What have you done for me lately?" level you have to give it to Scoop.

Additional evidence from his recent column:
"MVP or not, Mr. Nashty has to get to the NBA Finals to validate his status as the undisputed best player of his generation."

Not even Assani would go that far. It starts stupid("Nashty"?) and then goes way, way downhill.

T-God 04-20-2007 10:51 PM

I'm cheering for the Toronto

blindside 04-20-2007 11:51 PM

saw this on a board i frequent with a bunch of raptor fans and thought it was pretty funny.. that first game in toronto is going to be interesting...

http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i15/06/k/0...42/a083_20.JPG

blindside 04-20-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cavs (2) vs Pistons (1)
The Pistons have been here before. They play elite defense. They can shutdown Lebron, his teammates, even the fans in the front row. This wont be as interesting as Bulls vs Pistons, simply because I feel the Bulls are the 2nd best Eastern team. Pistons will win 4-1, repping the East in the finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

they play pretty good defense.. i have no idea where they ranked this year but i imagine it was pretty good but even when they had a much better defensive team under carlisle... they almost lost to a one-man team against orlando and t-mac and while they didn't have sheed back then, they did have wallace and that orlando team had absolutely nobody else besides tmac...

not saying that they can't shutdown lebron but it's a lot easier said than done... and more than likely lebron will have an impact... but with that potential series, it would come down to how well hughes and co plays....

FlyWf 04-21-2007 12:19 AM

If they can shut down Lebron, why didn't they last year? Cleveland is running out what appears to be a pretty similar squad, Detroit won 12 fewer games.

There won't be any 5 game series' after the first round in the East, the top 4 teams are all pretty close to each other. People seem to have the impression that Detroit was dominant this season, they only won 6 more games than the Raptors.

MacGuyV 04-21-2007 12:23 AM

Isn't 6 games kind of a lot?